PDA

View Full Version : Parker's Progress

raspsa
09-09-2007, 05:04 AM
I'm looking forward to next season to see how Parker deals with all the recent major developments in his life.. getting married, Championship MVP. I hope he remains motivated and has an outstanding season. He's more than earned his place as one of the Big 3 beside Manu and Tim. I hope he doesn't fall in love with the 3-point shot too much. Hopefully he manages to bump up his assists a bit. :spin

exstatic
09-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Parker will probably never put up the assist numbers that people here expect because of the motion offense. I expect the rest of his numbers to get a bump this year, though.

SequSpur
09-09-2007, 07:18 AM
bandwagoner

sprrs
09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Tony's a competitor. He wants to win games. While he may have gotten enough individual glory this early in his career, I don't think his desire to stop winning will go down.

ducks
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
he deserves inividual glory
he has performed above other players

Switchman
09-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Playing in/for S.A. he'll be alright.

If he was in L.A. or NewYork his head would probably be the size of 10 Evas by now.

Samr
09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
If he was in L.A. or NewYork his head would probably be the size of 10 Evas by now.

Or roughly the size of Jason Kidd's son's head.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/gallery/02nbafinals/05kiddskid.jpg

duncan228
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm also looking forward to watching Parker this season. It's been a joy watching him grow into the player he's become.

I think the Finals MVP will only motivate him more, he'll want us all to know his play in the Finals wasn't a...to use a SpursDynasty word...fluke.

ducks
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
it was not a fluke
dude was an allstar last two seasons
and was a finals mvp canidate after 3 games againts the nets

dude is a winner

duncan228
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
it was not a fluke

Didn't say it was.

Said he'll want us to see it wasn't.

I love him, you don't have to sell me.

ducks
09-09-2007, 06:41 PM
dude he is working on his 3 point shot
the guy is a hard work and wants to be the best

beno should take notice

boutons_
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
"SpursDynasty"

... been on IGNORE for many months

boutons_
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
All this progress in Tony's shot demands WTF was he doing all these 10+ years before Skip helped him? Shooting mechanics ain't rocket science.

Kori Ellis
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
All this progress in Tony's shot demands WTF was he doing all these 10+ years before Skip helped him? Shooting mechanics ain't rocket science.

:lol He had bad shot mechanics - he didn't even have his hands in the right place on the ball.

And for most of those 10+ years, he was a child. :lmao

Most players who are super athletic or super fast, their coaches never take time to fix their mechanics when they are young - because they are good enough to score without having good mechanics. The slower players who aren't as good of athletes, oftentimes have better mechanics because they need to be excellent shooters to even have a shot at the league. So those players work on their mechanics earlier.

Brutalis
09-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I wonder if it's hit Tony yet....

"I have to play like a Finals MVP this season."

ducks
09-09-2007, 11:55 PM
why do not other players try to improve during the offseason

boutons_
09-10-2007, 01:51 AM
"And for most of those 10+ years, he was a child."

.... playing basketball, almost full time. He apparently go NO academic education worthy of the name. If was was student of the game, he would have corrected his own shot years ago.

Kori Ellis
09-10-2007, 01:57 AM

.... playing basketball, almost full time. He apparently go NO academic education worthy of the name. If was was student of the game, he would have corrected his own shot years ago.

I don't know how a 16-19 year old would correct their own shot if they were never told their mechanics were bad and helped through the process. It's not like Tony was offered coaching and refused.

BeerIsGood!
09-10-2007, 02:08 AM

:lmao You don't just fix your own mechanics. I guarantee you he never realized there was a problem with his mechanics until given proper coaching. Nobody does it correctly without first being taught to do it correctly, and I'd be surprised if the french coaches worked on his shooting form enough during his development.

Jeez, the guy has done everything to change his bad habits and has become more and more consistent in his improvement every year. I don't think anyone can ask anything else of the guy.