PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday is returning to Lincoln

SrA Husker
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
BEAT USC.

http://www.nebraskabookstore.com/outerweb/product_images/16000704l.jpg

An ESPN spokesman confirmed Sunday that its College GameDay Built by The Home Depot crew will visit Lincoln this weekend for Nebraska’s non-conference showdown against top-ranked USC.

College GameDay will originate from inside Memorial Stadium and will be live from Lincoln from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday. Chris Fowler hosts the show, alongside analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard.

The appearance by College GameDay marks the sixth time the show has visited Lincoln, and the first time since 2001. College GameDay first came to Lincoln for 1994 games against UCLA and Colorado, then returned for Nebraska’s 1998 game with Washington.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1210857

scott
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I'll be rooting for the Huskers this weekend... someone needs to hand either 'SC or LSU a loss so OU can walk into the championship game when the finish the season undefeated.

Brutalis
09-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Yep. Rooting for the Huskers. Got some family Nubs going crazy.

I seriously doubt they make it a game though to be honest.

johngateswhiteley
09-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Yep. Rooting for the Huskers. Got some family Nubs going crazy.

I seriously doubt they make it a game though to be honest.

...its going to be an ass-raping. SC will be motivated and almost everyone should be good to go...unlike the Idaho game.

SC 47
UN 14

K-State Spur
09-10-2007, 01:55 AM
...its going to be an ass-raping. SC will be motivated and almost everyone should be good to go...unlike the Idaho game.

SC 47
UN 14

Heard that a lot on USC's last trip to the midwest. If not for two consecutive 4th quarter drives where the Trojans were awarded the football on fumbles despite their opponent's knees clearly being down prior, the Sons of Troy would have been beaten by 3-4 TDs. As it was, they still left with a loss.

johngateswhiteley
09-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Heard that a lot on USC's last trip to the midwest. If not for two consecutive 4th quarter drives where the Trojans were awarded the football on fumbles despite their opponent's knees clearly being down prior, the Sons of Troy would have been beaten by 3-4 TDs. As it was, they still left with a loss.

...(yawn)...

BeerIsGood!
09-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Lincoln can be a bitch of a place to play. If only a giant snow storm would roll in to see what the socal boys can do with the other white powder.

B and P Cats
09-10-2007, 02:21 AM
I'll go with Nebraska this weekend too. Beat USC!!!

TheAuthority
09-10-2007, 05:53 AM
Go huskers. I'm sick of USC playing a fuckin cake schedule every year and only having to play 1 or 2 good games to win a national championship.

tlongII
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
USC will destroy Nebraska. They consistently play the toughest schedule in the country.

Brutalis
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
yeah and ND fans could go on about dude illegally being pushed in the endzone. its no mystery that usc has gotten very crucial calls, or should we say no calls to go their way. but when youre a winner shit like that happens for you.

TheAuthority
09-11-2007, 05:23 AM
USC will destroy Nebraska. They consistently play the toughest schedule in the country.

ROFL. So they play in the SEC now? Oh, nevermind, they play in the cupcake Pac 10.

Whisky Dog
09-11-2007, 07:05 AM
The Pac-10 is usually overrated, but it's tough as shit this year. If they run the table they definitely deserve to be in the title game. Oregon is tough, Cal is good, UCLA is always tough for Trojan, and even usually shit teams like Washington are beating people.

samikeyp
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Go Men of Corn!

K-State Spur
09-11-2007, 10:28 AM
yeah and ND fans could go on about dude illegally being pushed in the endzone. its no mystery that usc has gotten very crucial calls, or should we say no calls to go their way. but when youre a winner shit like that happens for you.

well, they didn't win even with those calls on that night. but it did prevent them from getting beat by about 4 TDs on national television just one week after they had destroyed the Buffies.

MajorMike
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh, snap

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Go Men of Corn!

http://www.spurstalk.com/game3084.jpg

You said that on purpose, didn't you Mikey?
:lol

samikeyp
09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
You said that on purpose, didn't you Mikey?

I did in reference to NU but hey, the Sequ reference is always good too! :lol

johngateswhiteley
09-17-2007, 03:26 PM
BEAT USC.

http://www.nebraskabookstore.com/outerweb/product_images/16000704l.jpg

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1210857

lol...pathetic.

NoMoneyDown
09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
lol...pathetic.

If you knew anything about college football, you'd know that Nebraska is probably the #1 team/fan base when it comes to class (unlike some people).

MajorMike
09-17-2007, 03:57 PM
If you knew anything about college football, you'd know that Nebraska is probably the #1 team/fan base when it comes to class (unlike some people).

Tis true. Being complemented on a good game when you just beat them is a almost sort of icky, but that's just how they are.

I remember leaving the game in 83, when Neb was labeled the team of the century, and they escaped Stillwater 14-10, I was almost sick of each red windbraker clad bugeater coming up to say what a great game we played. We hadn't won since my dad was in grade school and after we won in 02 or 03 they were all at it again. Classy. Sorta creepy, but classy.

johngateswhiteley
09-17-2007, 06:31 PM

thats great. fight on!...husker fans.

K-State Spur
09-17-2007, 11:28 PM

hehe, and they'll tell you about it all the time. (actually, i have had great experiences with UNL fans - very class, just not overly humble)