PDA

View Full Version : another top 10 thread....

romain.star
09-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Who are the best foreign players in the league? (past and present)

Give your top 10

(PS: let's say Duncan is american)

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Right on top of my head(i may miss some)
Hakeem
Nash
Petrovic
Savonic
Divac
Dirk
Manu
TP
Kukoc
Kiki Vandeweghe and Big Z

romain.star
09-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Right on top of my head(i may miss some)
Hakeem
Nash
Petrovic
Savonic
Divac
Dirk
Manu
TP
Kukoc
Kiki Vandeweghe and Big Z

Here is mine:

1.Hakeem
2. Nash
3. Dirk
4. Petrovic
5. Manu - TP
7. Ming
8. Kukoc
9. Stojakovic
10. Gausol

romain.star
09-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Pau GASOL of course

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Here is mine:

1.Hakeem
2. Nash
3. Dirk
4. Petrovic
5. Manu - TP
7. Ming
8. Kukoc
9. Stojakovic
10. Gausol

yeap,I missed on Peya but Ming and Gasol didnīt deverve to be in the TOP 10 as today.
BTW,Divac>Ming or Gasol,in my opinion.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 09:34 AM
yeap,I missed on Peya but Ming and Gasol didnīt deverve to be in the TOP 10 as today.
BTW,Divac>Ming or Gasol,in my opinion.
And Ming and Gasol>Big Z
And really, Divac was a nice player, but better than Yao? Come on

romain.star
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Divac was fun to watch but he was really overated IMO

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Letīs not forget grampaĻdekeĻmutombo eather.

MajorMike
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I think Yao would deserve to be ahead of Manu and TP. Neither of them you could say were one of the top 2 if not the best at their position, while for Yao you can.

Regardless, Hakeem must be 1st and Nash 2nd, even tho I hate the little f*ck. It would be a hard call between Dirk and Petrovic for 3/4. I know we are talking NBA here, but Petrovic is the most decorated basketball player who didn't play for the Bulls/Celts/Lakers/Spurs in the world. Dirk has an MVP, which everyone laffs at now, while Petro was the original Euro and made it possible/easier for others to get looked at in the NBA. I think he deserves to be higher simply because people either don't know or greatly underestimate how he opened the door for Euros to come to the NBA.

It is so hard for me to put Vlade very high on the list, as to me he was nothing more than a glorified space-filler and the all time king of flop. He did, however, play with some great teams and had longevity, which contributed to him amassing some great stats. If Dirk would not have lucked into his MVP this year, then I would have to rank Vlade ahead of him.

Peja was a flash in the pan and Kukoc was nothing more than a space filler on a couple Bulls teams.

1. Hakeem
2. Nash
3. Petrovic
4. Dirk
5. Vlade
6. Motumbo
7. Yao
8. TP
9. Manu
10. Kukoc

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 10:32 AM
I think Yao would deserve to be ahead of Manu and TP. Neither of them you could say were one of the top 2 if not the best at their position, while for Yao you can.

So,you would rank Yao ahead of Chambertlain,Kareem,Shak,Drob,Hakeem and Co???
I donīt think so.He wouldnīt even make it to the All times top 10 centers.

While tony or Manu should have more chances to make it in their Possitions(PG and SG)

JamStone
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
1. Hakeem Olajuwon
2. Steve Nash
3. Patrick Ewing
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Toni Kukoc
6. Manu Ginobili
7. Vlade Divac
8. Drazen Petrovic
9. Tony Parker
10. Yao Ming

Honorable Mention: Pau Gasol, Peja Stojakovic

Future considerations: Luol Deng, Leandro Barbosa, Mehmet Okur

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 10:35 AM
1. Hakeem Olajuwon
2. Steve Nash
3. Patrick Ewing
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Toni Kukoc
6. Manu Ginobili
7. Vlade Divac
8. Drazen Petrovic
9. Tony Parker
10. Yao Ming

Honorable Mention: Pau Gasol, Peja Stojakovic

Future considerations: Luol Deng, Leandro Barbosa, Mehmet Okur

Shit,I forgot about Ewing,I though of him as a US players,my bad.

mathbzh
09-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Petrovic would have been at the very top, not far from Nash has he lived longer :depressed

And Sabonis is one of the top big ever... unfortunately his body was already broken when he came to the NBA.

mathbzh
09-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Shit,I forgot about Ewing,I though of him as a US players,my bad.
I did the same mistake :oops

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Petrovic would have been at the very top, not far from Nash has he lived longer :depressed

And Sabonis is one of the top big ever... unfortunately his body was already broken when he came to the NBA.

TP last season,specially the playoffs,reminded me alot of Darzen Petrovic(R.I.P).

mardigan
09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
So,you would rank Yao ahead of Chambertlain,Kareem,Shak,Drob,Hakeem and Co???
I donīt think so.He wouldnīt even make it to the All times top 10 centers.

I think he was talking about right now in the league, and Yao is the best center in the game right now. And lest wait to see where Yao stacks up against the rest of those centers, he still has a long career ahead of him

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
weīll see what his knees allow him to do the rest of his career,but as NOW,I think TP and Manu should be ahead of Yao in the Intīl top 10 of ALL TIMES.

Solid D
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Here is John Hollinger's list of Top 30 but it includes Duncan. It certainly has room for debate and does not include newcomers like Luis Scola, Marco Belinelli, JC Navarro, Yi Jianlian or Al Horford.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=All-World-30Best

1. Dirk Nowitzki..............11. Leandro Barbosa...............21. Samuel Dalembert
2. Tim Duncan...............12. Nene...............................22. Anderson Varejao
3. Steve Nash...............13. Andrei Kirilenko..................23. Nenad Krstic
4. Yao Ming..................14. Zydrunas Ilgauskas.............24. Boris Diaw
5. Pau Gasol.................15. Andres Nocioni...................25. Darko Milicic
6. Manu Ginobili.............16. Peja Stojakovic..................26. Hedo Turkoglu
7. Tony Parker..............17. Jose Calderon....................27. Raja Bell
8. Luol Deng.................18. Andrew Bogut....................28. Walter Herrmann
9. Mehmet Okur.............19. Andres Biedrins..................29. Jorge Garbajosa
10. Ben Gordon..............20. Zaza Pachulia....................30. Andrea Bargnani

ArgSpursFan
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Here is John Hollinger's list of Top 30 but it includes Duncan. It certainly has room for debate and does not include newcomers like Luis Scola, Marco Belinelli, JC Navarro, Yi Jianlian or Al Horford.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=All-World-30Best

1. Dirk Nowitzki..............11. Leandro Barbosa...............21. Samuel Dalembert
2. Tim Duncan...............12. Nene...............................22. Anderson Varejao
3. Steve Nash...............13. Andrei Kirilenko..................23. Nenad Krstic
4. Yao Ming..................14. Zydrunas Ilgauskas.............24. Boris Diaw
5. Pau Gasol.................15. Andres Nocioni...................25. Darko Milicic
6. Manu Ginobili.............16. Peja Stojakovic..................26. Hedo Turkoglu
7. Tony Parker..............17. Jose Calderon....................27. Raja Bell
8. Luol Deng.................18. Andrew Bogut....................28. Walter Herrmann
9. Mehmet Okur.............19. Andres Biedrins..................29. Jorge Garbajosa
10. Ben Gordon..............20. Zaza Pachulia....................30. Andrea Bargnani

I agree on that Top 10 on everything but on Duncanīs #2 place.
but I would still ranck guys like Petrovic,Sabonic,Ewing and Divac ahead of Yao in an All times top 10 foreings players.

Rummpd
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Seattle (former) forward Detlef Schrempf deserves some props - he was not Dirk, but was pretty good and started on a finals team.

NBA
Originally selected eighth overall by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1985 NBA Draft, Schrempf became a regular after being traded to the Indiana Pacers. During his first few years with the Pacers, he was one of the NBA's best substitutes, winning consecutive NBA Sixth Man Awards in 1990 and 1991. He became known as one of the most effective long-range shooters in the league, finishing second in the NBA with a .478 three-point percentage in 1987, and eventually worked his way into the starting lineup. In the 1992-93 season, he was selected to the first of his three National Basketball Association All-Star Games. He was the only player in the NBA in 1992-93 to finish in the top 25 in scoring (19.1 ppg), rebounding (9.5 rpg) and assists (6.0 apg).
Following the 1992-93 NBA season, Schrempf was traded to the Seattle SuperSonics for Derrick McKey and Gerald Paddio. He quickly reestablished himself as one of the league's best long-range shooters, ranking second in the NBA in three-point accuracy during the 1994-95 season with a 51.4 three-point field goal percentage. During his tenure with the Sonics, the team became one of the most successful in the NBA. Together with Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Sam Perkins, and Hersey Hawkins, among others, the team became extremely successful and reached the NBA Finals in 1996 where they lost to Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls in six games. While with the Sonics, Schrempf played in his final two NBA All-Star games.

He was released in 1999 and signed the same day by the Portland Trail Blazers, with whom he played until his retirement from professional basketball in 2001. On January 24, 2006, the Seattle SuperSonics hired Schrempf as an Assistant Coach.

http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php/Detlef_Schrempf

romain.star
09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Seattle (former) forward Detlef Schrempf deserves some props - he was not Dirk, but was pretty good and started on a finals team.

Dam you're right.. Schrempf was great too... Yao has not acheived anything so far in this league... you just can't put him above Tony and Manu

E20
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
WTF is Will Perdue at? He drove that '99 'ship for the Spurs.

romain.star
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
WTF is Will Perdue at? He drove that '99 'ship for the Spurs.

not to mention Darko milicic's ride with the 2004 Detroit

atxrocker
09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
peja coulda been a hell of a special player if he didn't have injuries/no heart. when the dude was on, good fucking god would he be on.

Magic_Johnson
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
1 hakeem
2 petrovic
3 ewing
4 dirk
5 nash
6 manu
7 tony
8 peja
9 schrempf
10 yao

exstatic
09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Petrovic >> Nash. Think of the build, style, and fire of Manu, married to Ray Allen's jumper. Drazen Petrovic may be the best shooter that ever lived. RIP.

dave
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
rasho nesterovic