PDA

View Full Version : **Official "Bitch About How Much Roy Williams Sucks" Thread**

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 10:41 AM
The shitty Dallas safety, not the badass Detroit receiver.

This is what we get for drafting an Oklahoma guy.

He was as bad as he's ever been last night.

And now I'm getting the feeling that having him out there somehow causes the other safety to suck too. Davis and Watkins were both horrible, and now the previously solid Ken Hamlin looked like a turd-pile out there alongside Ol' Roy.

Dear God, please tear Roy Williams' ACL.

fitzgerald
09-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Like minds think alike. LOL

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Like minds think alike. LOL
LMAO I just noticed that.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Hamlin was in the right spots pretty much all game, he just missed some tackles.
Roy lead the team in tackles last night, but missed coverage plays that I think 75% of NFL safetys would make. He needs to be in against the run, and thats it

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I still see potential in Watkins. I say move Hamlin to Roy's spot and play Watkins. We'll go thru some growing pains with Watkins, but Hamlin playing SS is a HUGE improvement.

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Roy lead the team in tackles last night
yeah but I don't think getting owned by Shockey just for him to fall shouldn't count as a tackle for Roy.

Plus, if he would have wrapped ppl up, he would have had about 4 or 5 more tackles.

fitzgerald
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Roy had the nerve to blame Nate Jones on that last touchdown. He raised his hands as if to blame Jones. He is turning into a cancer.

samikeyp
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Turn him into a LB or trade him.

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Roy had the nerve to blame Nate Jones on that last touchdown. He raised his hands as if to blame Jones. He is turning into a cancer.
Oh I think he's been a cancer for quite some time.

The way he refuses to talk to local media like he's Deion.

Except of course to publicly bitch at management for cutting Aaron Glenn. As if anybody gives a shit what his opinion is.

This guy is horrible and I can't wait for Jerry to finally realize it and cut his sorry ass.

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I dunno if Roy would be better at LB. He's got to learn how to wrap someone up first.

Second, he's already getting owned regularly by TE's. Now imagine him as a LB trying to take down a RB in the open field....

....I know, I LOL'd too.

Seriously, the best position for Roy is safety.......for the Redskins :hat

TheZackAttack!
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Trade him to the Redskins for 2 first rounders. Im sure Snyder will do it

leemajors
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
roy only weighs 230, he couldn't play lb.

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Trade him to the Redskins for 2 first rounders. Im sure Snyder will do it
If anyone is stupid enough, it's Snyder. He's got the biggest hard-on for overrated big name players.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Something tells me Phillips is going to work more with a Hamlin-Davis or Hamlin-Watkins tandem for situations where a bigger receiver is owning the CB's. Especially in the red zone where you don't have to worry much about getting beaten deep I think Watkins' size would have been able to keep the Giants from just throwing the ball up in the back of the endzone to Plaxico. I don't think they were prepared for that in this game, and with Phillips being the cocky defensive coach you know he's pissed as hell that his defense forced Romo and Co. to put up 45 for the win. I see some changes coming quickly.

L.I.T
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
When even Madden picks on his coverage abilities you know something is wrong.

Bigzax
09-10-2007, 02:03 PM
roy is the best!

to21
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
roy only weighs 230, he couldn't play lb.

Dexter Coakley

5'10", 230

K-State Spur
09-10-2007, 02:11 PM
If anyone is stupid enough, it's Snyder. He's got the biggest hard-on for overrated big name players.

Skins already have 2 of the best 3 individual safeties in the division - and maybe the best safety tandem in football.

Plus, they've actually shown some restraint on that front this past offseason.

For as much as the media loves to trash Snyder, he has basically stayed out of the way since hiring Gibbs. He rarely makes the same mistake twice (i.e. paying big money to a big-hitting safety who can't cover anybody - Archuleta), although admittedly he does still find ways to make new mistakes.

Besides, since taking over the Skins, his franchise has as many playoff appearances, more division titles, and more playoff victories than Jerry Jones'.

leemajors
09-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Skins already have 2 of the best 3 individual safeties in the division - and maybe the best safety tandem in football.

For as much as the media loves to trash Snyder, he has basically stayed out of the way since hiring Gibbs. He rarely makes the same mistake twice (i.e. paying big money to a big-hitting safety who can't cover anybody - Archuleta), although admittedly he does still find ways to make new mistakes.

Besides, since taking over the Skins, his franchise has as many playoff appearances, more division titles, and more playoff victories than Jerry Jones'.
Jones has three titles. he isn't all that as a GM though.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Dexter Coakley

5'10", 230
And no longer in the league

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Yeah, sad thing is not even Snyder will take him at this point.

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM

Also a different defensive system.

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 02:41 PM

Whoa, Sami, I thought you said you liked him.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
For sure, a lb that size would never last in a 3-4

BacktoBasics
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Same story two years or three years running. Cowboys are quickly becoming the next pre-defensive minded Colts.

How many times does this guy have to be beat to move him to LB? Hell he's only good when he's up at the line anyway.

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Which is exactly why the Cowboys cut him I believe.

to21
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM

That wasn't the point, the guy said he was too small to play LB and I said there have been smaller LB that have played the game.

If you have talent and skill that shit don't matter. Does running a different scheme make up for the fact the guy can't cover? No, so what does it matter if he's undersized in this setup? None.

BTW, They run ALMOST the same scheme in Miami and they have Zach Thomas (5'11' 228lbs.).

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Miami runs a 4-3

to21
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM

:lol

Have you guys played ball before?

to21
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Miami runs a 4-3

Well I watch some of their game and they lined up in a 3-4 also.

Did you watch the game?

That's not my point, he would make a bad LB.....I agree.

All I was saying is he's not undersized to play any secondary/LB position.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 03:07 PM

Have you guys played ball before?
Yea, a lot of it, but never in the NFL, sorry if you did and know more about the subject.
How many undersized 3-4 linebackers are there in the NFL?
Pulling the " :lol have you guys ever played" card is about as weak as it gets

to21
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Yea, a lot of it, but never in the NFL, sorry if you did and know more about the subject.
How many undersized 3-4 linebackers are there in the NFL?
Pulling the " :lol have you guys ever played" card is about as weak as it gets

Read about how the Dolphins run a hybrid 4-3/3-4 defensive set....

http://football.about.com/od/teamsd...6dolphins_2.htm

Don't you mean pulling the "have you guys ever played card" is as lame as claiming to know the solution to the struggles of the Dallas Cowboys defensive set and how each of you can fix it?

:lmao

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 03:12 PM
That wasn't the point, the guy said he was too small to play LB and I said there have been smaller LB that have played the game.

If you have talent and skill that shit don't matter. Does running a different scheme make up for the fact the guy can't cover? No, so what does it matter if he's undersized in this setup? None.

BTW, They run ALMOST the same scheme in Miami and they have Zach Thomas (5'11' 228lbs.).

Zach Thomas has moxie and balls. Roy Williams is nothing but a gutless thin skinned whiny little bitch.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Read about how the Dolphins run a hybrid 4-3/3-4 defensive set....

http://football.about.com/od/teamsd...6dolphins_2.htm

Don't you mean pulling the "have you guys ever played card" is as lame as claiming to know the solution to the struggles of the Dallas Cowboys defensive set and how each of you can fix it?

Link to where I said I knew how to fix the problem?
Dumbass, the only thing thats been said is that Roy is to small to play lb in a 3-4. Nice link to About.com btw :lol
So what NFL team did you play for that gave you your immense knowledge of the 3-4 that lead to a ASK.com link?

to21
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Zach Thomas has moxie and balls. Roy Williams is nothing but a gutless thin skinned whiny little bitch.

Good point....have you been to a Cowboys game? Practice? Camp? that dude is not a skinny bitch.

Whiny maybe. Skinny nah.

I'm not gonna argue with you guys about size at this position and size at that position. All I'm saying is he COULD play if they wanted him there.

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Good point....have you been to a Cowboys game? Practice? Camp? that dude is not a skinny bitch.

Whiny maybe. Skinny nah.

I'm not gonna argue with you guys about size at this position and size at that position. All I'm saying is he COULD play if they wanted him there.

Oh I know alright. Far from skinny. I was talking about him being overly sensitive when someone is critical of him when I said he was thin skinned.

to21
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Link to where I said I knew how to fix the problem?
Dumbass, the only thing thats been said is that Roy is to small to play lb in a 3-4. Nice link to About.com btw :lol
So what NFL team did you play for that gave you your immense knowledge of the 3-4 that lead to a ASK.com link?

I wanna know where yours is...... DUMBASS?

Don't you read? There have been smaller LB's that have played the position!

That's all I said......the link is a place where you can read (it's obvious you don't) about a 3-4 system that has a LB that is smaller than Roy.

/end of thread

to21
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh I know alright. Far from skinny. I was talking about him being overly sensitive when someone is critical of him when I said he was thin skinned.

Won't argue with ya there.

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Guys let's not stray from the purpose of this thread - to bitch about how much Roy Williams sucks.

and just because there have been small LB's in the past doesn't mean Roy needs to be one or that he could even succeed as one. Like I said before, just imagine Roy trying to tackle Brian Westbrook in the open field, or trying to shed a blocker.....it's hilarious to even think about.

mardigan
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I wanna know where yours is...... DUMBASS?

Don't you read? There have been smaller LB's that have played the position!

That's all I said......the link is a place where you can read (it's obvious you don't) about a 3-4 system that has a LB that is smaller than Roy.

/end of thread
So because one guy (who is a one of a kind player), can do it, everyone that is that size can do it?
Mono is right, anyone that has actually seen Roy play, know that the guy has no sideline to sideline speed, wouldnt be able to shed o-linemen, and has already proven that he cant even guard tightends, so I dont really know how you think this guy could play in the 3-4

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Roy Williams would get pancaked constantly if he lineup up as a full time 3-4 LB. I think losing the 20lbs in the offseason actually made this guy a worse player because it didn't make him any better in coverage. It only gave him less mass to lay people out.

MoSpur
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
In deep coverage he isn't good. Against the run he is pretty darn good.

jaespur21
09-10-2007, 03:36 PM
i think he said several times he didnt say Roy would play in the 3-4 well. just that some players are able to overcome size with heart and determination

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
i think he said several times he didnt say Roy would play in the 3-4 well. just that some players are able to overcome size with heart and determination
unless he's determined to suck then i don't see either of those in Roy

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
what's really awful is that Romo played spectacular, the offense was badass, the Cowboys won......and all I can do today is dwell on how much I hate Roy Williams.

jaespur21
09-10-2007, 03:50 PM
And Yes i agree Roy Williams played horrible yesterday

So if Newman had played yesterday would Roy still have LOOKED as awful...probably not just for the fact that newman wouldve played better D on plax and definately wuoldnt let plax get off the line without jammin him

TLWisfoine
09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
unless he's determined to suck then i don't see either of those in Roy

:lol :lol :lol

K-State Spur
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM

In addition to just flat out being tenacious, Thomas has developed outstanding technique over the years, which is why he is able to fight through and around blockers to make a tackle.

For as much as some of you all like Williams in run support, blitzing, and making the big hit - you have to remember that he has done the majority of his work just playing the ball carrier. It's a lot easier to make that tackle when the front 7 is fighting off the OL and FB for you.

Not saying that it's impossible, but it's far from an easy or a simple transition at this level.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I would cut/trade Ware before Roy. :clap

leemajors
09-10-2007, 04:44 PM
what's really awful is that Romo played spectacular, the offense was badass, the Cowboys won......and all I can do today is dwell on how much I hate Roy Williams.
i thought romo played ok. he made some really terrible throws on some wiiiide open receivers, and seemed off all night. good thing we have witten.

monosylab1k
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I would cut/trade Ware before Roy. :clap
lol

Ware can play Safety better than Roy. Although I was really disappointed by Ware last night. But the whole defense sucked.

kskonn
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
i thought romo played ok. he made some really terrible throws on some wiiiide open receivers, and seemed off all night. good thing we have witten.

I saw a 4-5 bad throws but off all night? really? man if he was off all night I would love to see how he plays when his is on.

jaespur21
09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
me also...i was upset with a couple of Romo's tosses but after how he played that 2nd half, there are no complaints from me. also noticed that ware wasnt great on the line or putting pressure but like Mono said " ware played a couple routes tough and stayed with his receiver

K-State Spur
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm the idiot who left Romo on his fantasy bench....and started the cowboys defense...

My only defense is that a) Leinart is my back-up and I have Fitzgerald as my WR, so I was blinded by the possibility of double points for a hook-up and b) I thought the Cowboys defense would be much better and their offense would use the run to control the game more.

to21
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Guys let's not stray from the purpose of this thread - to bitch about how much Roy Williams sucks.

and just because there have been small LB's in the past doesn't mean Roy needs to be one or that he could even succeed as one. Like I said before, just imagine Roy trying to tackle Brian Westbrook in the open field, or trying to shed a blocker.....it's hilarious to even think about.

Agree. I think I've made my point and you guys have made yours. We just are a bunch of Cowboys fans concerned about their secondary.

exstatic
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Roy Williams couldn't cover either of my Grandmothers. They're both dead, BTW.

Findog
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Roy Williams couldn't cover either of my Grandmothers. They're both dead, BTW.

Stephen Hawking could take it to the house against Roy. So could Kevin Everett for that matter. Too soon?

ShoogarBear
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Roy Williams rules. He is the epitome of the Cowboys.

scott
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Roy would be great if surrounded by 10 great players. Unfortunately on the Cowboys defense there is only 2.

jaespur21
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm the idiot who left Romo on his fantasy bench....and started the cowboys defense...
I was called a HOMER in my league cuz i went with Romo and jason witten as my TE. thanks to Romos night im in second place.

scott
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I was called a HOMER in my league cuz i went with Romo and jason witten as my TE. thanks to Romos night im in second place.

I'm with ya', I have Romo, TO and Witten... needless to say... last night netted me quite a few points.

kskonn
09-10-2007, 10:58 PM

My only defense is that a) Leinart is my back-up and I have Fitzgerald as my WR, so I was blinded by the possibility of double points for a hook-up and b) I thought the Cowboys defense would be much better and their offense would use the run to control the game more.

I started Romo over palmer and started the Pitsburgh D over the cowboys( was their really any doubt on which d to start with Ellis and Newman out? )

As of last night I had 111 fantasy points and I still have frank gore to go tonight. so for atleast tonight go 49ers

kskonn
09-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm with ya', I have Romo, TO and Witten... needless to say... last night netted me quite a few points.

who is your backup at those positions for the off week? Are you basically planning on losing the off week game or do you have some good backups? or does your leauge not score that way?

scott
09-10-2007, 11:07 PM
who is your backup at those positions for the off week? Are you basically planning on losing the off week game or do you have some good backups? or does your leauge not score that way?

I've penciled week 5 and week 8 as losses, as all my starters have their byes in those two weeks (about half and half). If I could pull out a win in either week, I'll consider it a bonus. I have decent backups, but not up to par with the rest of my guys (Holt and SJax are my other studs). Basically my whole season relies on St. Louis and Dallas... hmmmm.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Stephen Hawking could take it to the house against Roy. So could Kevin Everett for that matter. Too soon?
LOL I always enjoy a good joke but for most of the members here I'd say give it about 3 months.

TMSKILZ
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
98% of you who posted in this thread have no clue about Football, based on reading your posts.

Stick to synchronized swimming events!

Roy's cover skills are pretty bad, but the Def overall was bad, but it's a diffrent 3-4 scheme, plus you have a rookie & a couple 1st time starts playing so mental mistakes, such as being out of position & playing the wrong coverage is part of the growing pains.

If by wk 4 Roy keeps getting beat & taking terrible angles towards the deep ball, then I say make a change, until then, relax ppl, only wk 1.

monosylab1k
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
98% of you who posted in this thread have no clue about Football, based on reading your posts.

Roy's cover skills are pretty bad, but the Def overall was bad, but it's a diffrent 3-4 scheme, plus you have a rookie & a couple 1st time starts playing so mental mistakes, such as being out of position & playing the wrong coverage is part of the growing pains.

If by wk 4 Roy keeps getting beat & taking terrible angles towards the deep ball, then I say make a change, until then, relax ppl, only wk 1.
either bitch about how much Roy sucks, or GTFO out the thread. We aren't here to analyze shit objectively, we're here to hate on the MF'er! :lol

monosylab1k
09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
btw Roy's been getting beat & taking terrible angles for 3 years now, what makes you think anything will change in the next 3 weeks?

TLWisfoine
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
btw Roy's been getting beat & taking terrible angles for 3 years now, what makes you think anything will change in the next 3 weeks?

Thank You!!!

Whisky Dog
09-12-2007, 10:48 AM

The defense could and should get much better once people get used to the scheme, but the fact remains that part of the scheme has to try to hide Williams in coverage because he sucks so bad. They try to bring him up in the box to play the line, but all teams have to do at this point is play out of 3 wide sets and Roy is forced into coverage. This is especially bad with Newman out as the Cowboys are reluctant to go man coverage in that scenario and are forced to zone the secondary, and that means Roy is sitting there in coverage getting caught staring into the backfield with a bullseye on the front of his helmet for receivers and the QB to aim and fire.

One thing I know about football is that any time a scheme has to try to "hide" someone other teams are going to do what they can to exploit that person. You can't hide Williams in coverage no matter how hard you try, especially without 2 great corners and another great coverage safety out there alongside him. I'd give him a couple of weeks to get it together and show he can hold his own in coverage or else I'd go to different lineups of Hamlin, Watkins, and K. Davis to gain better coverage in the secondary.

monosylab1k
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Plus, how ridiculous is it that they're trying to hide their SAFETY in COVERAGE situations?

ShoogarBear
09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
btw Roy's been getting beat & taking terrible angles for 3 years now, what makes you think anything will change in the next 3 weeks?:lol Took the words out of my mouth.

ShoogarBear
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Plus, how ridiculous is it that they're trying to hide their PRO BOWL SAFETY in COVERAGE situations?FIFY

OldDirtMcGirt
09-12-2007, 03:45 PM
And to think of all those years he was making the probowl over Adrian Wilson.

PM5K
09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
lol

Ware can play Safety better than Roy. Although I was really disappointed by Ware last night. But the whole defense sucked.

I was dissapointed with Ware as well, I really like the guy but he played like shit.

Hopefully they'll all get it together because we aren't going to be able to simply out score every team we play...

dirk4mvp
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Roy is a nasty mofo in Madden.

BradLohaus
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM

That terrible angle he took on the WR in the end zone on the flea flicker in Philly last year was the nail in the coffin for my opinion of Roy.

Booharv
09-12-2007, 10:03 PM

And 34, Lawrence Taylor was washed up and retired at 34 and he's the greatest defensive player of all time.

TheZackAttack!
09-13-2007, 02:07 AM
And 34, Lawrence Taylor was washed up and retired at 34 and he's the greatest defensive player of all time.

Word

:toast

to21
05-05-2008, 08:18 AM
For sure, a lb that size would never last in a 3-4Well, I guess we get to find out with Zach Thomas. Your right about undersized LBs in a 3-4.......but I think this dude can do it.

I don't expect a lot, but he'll contribute.

to21
05-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Miami runs a 4-3

Well I watch some of their game and they lined up in a 3-4 also.http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=479095C9-DED3-F51B-800E49EC56AA8226

"Everybody talks about the reason I'm leaving (Miami) is because of the 3-4 they're bringing in, but we've been running a 3-4 for the last four years," Thomas said recently on WQAM in Miami. "I prefer it over a 4-3."

DBryant88
05-05-2008, 08:46 AM
he may be a bad coverage saftey but he always manages to make the pro bowl and he is one of the hardest hitting safties n te leauge

MajorMike
05-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I've said for years he is the single most overhyped, overrated player in the history of the NFL. People think he is so cool because he can make big hits, but he has to make those hits because he can't cover my deceased grandma running a fly. He was famous for one single play while he was at uo and that made his entire career. People failed to look at the fact he was constantly picked on and burned in big games.

However, as I can't stand the cowgirls of irving or uo, I think they are a perfect match.

O-Factor
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
The shitty Dallas safety, not the badass Detroit receiver.

This is what we get for drafting an Oklahoma guy.

He was as bad as he's ever been last night.

And now I'm getting the feeling that having him out there somehow causes the other safety to suck too. Davis and Watkins were both horrible, and now the previously solid Ken Hamlin looked like a turd-pile out there alongside Ol' Roy.

Dear God, please tear Roy Williams' ACL.

"We" Hahaha:lol

Way to jump ship onto a new wagon last fall Mono.

O-Factor
05-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I've said for years he is the single most overhyped, overrated player in the history of the NFL. People think he is so cool because he can make big hits, but he has to make those hits because he can't cover my deceased grandma running a fly. He was famous for one single play while he was at uo and that made his entire career. People failed to look at the fact he was constantly picked on and burned in big games.

However, as I can't stand the cowgirls of irving or uo, I think they are a perfect match.

Much like osu and losing are the perfect match.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Cowboy fan who still defends Roy's fat ass.

monosylab1k
05-05-2008, 01:40 PM
"We" Hahaha:lol

Way to jump ship onto a new wagon last fall Mono.

My use of we when talking Cowboys has already been discussed a few times now. Sorry you can't fucking read, you obsessed faggot.

O-Factor
05-05-2008, 01:52 PM
My use of we when talking Cowboys has already been discussed a few times now. Sorry you can't fucking read, you obsessed faggot.

I've read. Your excuses are pathetic. I just like to point it out for new members, douche bag.

monosylab1k
05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm obsessed.

O-Factor
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM

You'd love to believe you were that relevant you bandwagoning fuck.

monosylab1k
05-05-2008, 02:19 PM

You'd love to believe you were that relevant you bandwagoning fuck.

this faggot can't stop talking about me. it's proven - he's obsessed.

O-Factor
05-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Mono"IcanTalkShitToAnyOfYouBastardsButYouCan'tTalkShitT oMeDammit,BecauseICanDishItButCan'tTakeIt"slab1k

scott
05-06-2008, 07:16 AM
I guess no one else saw this...

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/05/sometimes-roy-hopes-ball-isnt-thrown-his.html

Sometimes Roy hopes ball isn't thrown his way
10:29 PM Thu, May 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
I'm sure thousands of Cowboys fans feel the same way.

Roy Williams, No. 38 in next year's program, made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 radio show to promote his charity. The first six minutes or so of the interview (podcast here) focus on the
Roy Williams Safety Net Foundation, which helps low-income single mothers.

Then talk turned to football, starting with Pacman Jones (Roy will call his new teammate Adam in an effort to help him "shed his skin") and the draft class. Of course, it wouldn't be a Roy Williams interview unless his rep as a raggedy coverage man came up.

Williams trotted out his old line about critics lacking knowledge of defensive schemes before acknowledging that he does get toasted on occasion.

"I will admit that at times, when I had one-on-one situations and you're head up on a tight end or a receiver that can go left or right, it's tough," he said. "I mean, it's just tough. Sometimes you just hope they don't throw the ball your way, because sometimes you're like, if they go inside, you don't have any help; if they go outside, you don't have any help.

"That's why corners get paid the big bucks."

Well, Roy, you're not exactly living check to check. Of course, Jerry made Williams one of the league's highest paid safeties primarily because of his tendency to make game-changing hits. When was the last time Williams had one of those?

"People will say Roy is really not making any big hits. Ever since I rededicated my life to God, OK, I haven't been making the big hits, but we got further than we ever did when I was living of the world. When I rededicated my life, you know what I'm saying, God showed me that you don't have to live of the world and I will bless you. He has basically overflown my cup. He has shown me so much.

"Please believe the hits will come as we get more comfortable with my defense, with the 3-4 and coach Phillips' way that he wants us to play. Please believe the hits will come. I mean, I'm going to have to get comfortable in this defense."

And, just in case Wade didn't get the message, one way to make Mr. Williams comfortable is to never, ever ask him to cover anyone without help.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't know, he looks to be in a pretty good defensive stance here:

http://www.ils.unc.edu/courses/2007_summerII/inls572_001/royWilliams.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-06-2008, 10:19 PM

monosylab1k
05-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Mono"IcanTalkShitToAnyOfYouBastardsButYouCan'tTalkShitT oMeDammit,BecauseICanDishItButCan'tTakeIt"slab1k

Obsessed-Factor

ShoogarBear
05-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Which one would a receiver be afraid to line up against?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0405/nfl_g_williams_195.jpghttp://www.ils.unc.edu/courses/2007_summerII/inls572_001/royWilliams.jpg

DBryant88
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
you guys are to hard on roy, granted he hasn't been good since the horse collar rule was put into play he has made count em, 6 striaght probowl! So he isnt that bad