PDA

View Full Version : So when is this stupid war in Iraq ending?

smeagol
09-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Enough is enough.

It is not getting better, in case you guys didn't notice.

If you want to nation build, use your inmense riches to help develop the third world.

[/end of rant]

L.I.T
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Enough is enough.

If you want to nation build, use your inmense riches to help develop the third world.

[/end of rant]

Yeah, they failed there too. Look at their last grand experiment in bringing democracy to the unwashed brown people (sic).

j-6
09-11-2007, 01:01 AM
My problem with our beloved Operation Iraqi Freedom is that the US can't leave Iraq until stability and tangible results are achieved, or the radical element will claim victory, claiming more marginalized Muslims and whackjobs seeking a chance to be on what's perceived as the winning team half a world away from our DirecTV and drive thru Starbucks. Then there's more of these unhappy religious pricks sprouting out of the sand when US soldiers are doing their best to round them up and/or kill them.

Then when the US starts sending people back over there when they blow up their next objective in eight years or whatever, we get to endure all the fun that's dominated this decade...plus crazed jihadists using all the crap the US left there combined with whatever superior training we gave the ones that deserted the Iraqi Armed Forces.

I have no idea how the US will win the War on Terror, but I do know two things. The US can't leave now and Monday Morning QB a region that can't be unfucked. And a lot more people around the world hate my country even after almost universal sympathy after 9/11 because of it.

boutons_
09-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Petraeus is now dubya's current fall guy/front man, taking the heat, along with Crocker.

dubya is accountable and responsible for nothing bad in Iraq. If Iraq works out, he takes credit. If Iraq continues to go to hell, dubya's out of the picture. The military will be responsible for failure.

dubya and dickhead have only 16 months to "play" for time, and will not make any moves to withdraw the US from Iraq before 20 Jan 2009. They will let Iraq smolder as it is now, lose a couple 1000 more US lives, to try to save their fucking reputations from the worst geo-political disaster in US history.

The Dems can't get their shit together to stop the war that an increasing majority of the US people want stopped. They don't have the balls for taking responsiblity for withdrawing, because they are intimidated by the inevitiable slime from the Repugs. In the USA, slime and lies always trumps honesty and courage.

The endgame, when dubya and dickhead leave office, their lie will be that they were winning in Iraq and that Iraq was fully under US control, so that if the next Exec withdraws, dubya and dickhead and the Repugs will claim total innocence and slime the next Exec for "losing Iraq".

dubya and dickhead know they have totally fucked up, Iraq is lost to their intended domination by the US for the benefit of the oilcos (the oilcos may be able to suck a few $Bs out of Kurdish Iraq where they are already setting up shop protected by mercenaries).

dubya and dickhead will go to any extreme, tell any lie, to reject any and all accountability for their fuckup in Iraq. Repug politicians, having rubber-stamped Iraq and every WH initiative, will also distance themselves from dubya and dickhead and from Iraq.

I'm willing to be $100 that the above is exactly the way dubya and dickhead will "play" out their term and afterwards.

So Petraeus is playing along with his boss's stalling game.

"need more time"

"no troop reduction other than that which must occur to give the troops some relief anyway"

In 2008, Washington will be pre-occupied with the presidential campaign, while dubya and dichkhead slip slide out of the WH like rapists in the night, walk away from their Iraqi shithole, having failed to grab the oil.

George Gervin's Afro
09-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Petraeus is now dubya's current fall guy/front man, taking the heat, along with Crocker.

dubya is accountable and responsible for nothing bad in Iraq. If Iraq works out, he takes credit. If Iraq continues to go to hell, dubya's out of the picture. The military will be responsible for failure.

dubya and dickhead have only 16 months to "play" for time, and will not make any moves to withdraw the US from Iraq before 20 Jan 2009. They will let Iraq smolder as it is now, lose a couple 1000 more US lives, to try to save their fucking reputations from the worst geo-political disaster in US history.

The Dems can't get their shit together to stop the war that an increasing majority of the US people want stopped. They don't have the balls for taking responsiblity for withdrawing, because they are intimidated by the inevitiable slime from the Repugs. In the USA, slime and lies always trumps honesty and courage.

The endgame, when dubya and dickhead leave office, their lie will be that they were winning in Iraq and that Iraq was fully under US control, so that if the next Exec withdraws, dubya and dickhead and the Repugs will claim total innocence and slime the next Exec for "losing Iraq".

dubya and dickhead know they have totally fucked up, Iraq is lost to their intended domination by the US for the benefit of the oilcos (the oilcos may be able to suck a few $Bs out of Kurdish Iraq where they are already setting up shop protected by mercenaries).

dubya and dickhead will go to any extreme, tell any lie, to reject any and all accountability for their fuckup in Iraq. Repug politicians, having rubber-stamped Iraq and every WH initiative, will also distance themselves from dubya and dickhead and from Iraq.

I'm willing to be $100 that the above is exactly the way dubya and dickhead will "play" out their term and afterwards.

"need more time"

"no troop reduction other than that which must occur to give the troops some relief anyway"

In 2008, Washington will be pre-occupied withe presidential campaign, while dubya and dichkhead slip slide out of the WH and walk away from their Iraqi shithole, having failed to grab the oil.

Hey boutons Bush only ordered the invasion .. how dare you try and pin this on him..

xrayzebra
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM

"need more time"

In 2008, Washington will be pre-occupied with the presidential campaign, while dubya and dichkhead slip slide out of the WH like rapists in the night, walk away from their Iraqi shithole, having failed to grab the oil.

boutons you show your ignorance and stupidity every
day. Bush has always accept responsibility for his
actions. He hasn't ducked anything. Nor has he
blamed anyone for what has gone on in Iraq.

clambake
09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Really?

Do he fire people because they're great or just because they said he was wrong?

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Has Bush ever said he has made a mistake?

johnsmith
09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Really?

Do he fire people because they're great or just because they said he was wrong?

I don't know, "do he"?

clambake
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
gee john, i was using xrayspeak so he could understand.

as ray would say " be quite".

johnsmith
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
gee john, i was using xrayspeak so he could understand.

as ray would say " be quite".

:lol

Normally I don't point out typo's, I just couldn't resist on that one.

mookie2001
09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Has Bush ever said he has made a mistake?MLKs dream was for iraqis too

Holt's Cat
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Has Bush ever said he has made a mistake?

He only admits mistakes to GHWB.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Zing!

I don't even think he does that.

E20
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I think Bush has said before that this war hasn't turned out the way he had planned and that he admitted to Iraq not having WMD's in the 1st place.

Sorry, but I can't provide a link, because I saw it on here somewhere and on the news and I have no interest in digging up and providing links for people I don't know, my time > your life. Thanks.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM

Problem is that money isn't the answer either. The poverty rate in America as gone virtually unchanged since before and after developing welfare programs.

We have a very good chance of making lasting positive changes in Iraq.

Wild Cobra
09-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I placed boutons on IGNORE again after he posted something like 4 articles back to back. I cannot stand him, or that shit. I put 'ol humpy-chumpy on INGORE while I was at it too. He's such a master-baiter. It sure is nice not smelling their shit.

Gerryatrics
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Enough is enough.

[/end of rant]

Well, since it seems all Argies are experts in U.S. foreign policy, why don't you tell us when it is going to end?

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I surrender.

Holt's Cat
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
So let me get this right. We can't leave Iraq because it was a mistake to invade?

Holt's Cat
09-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Before I forget, why are we still taxed to defend European nations with our military?

L.I.T
09-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Before I forget, why are we still taxed to defend European nations with our military?

Don't forget Japan

PixelPusher
09-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, Bush gave Putin the ol' ocular soul check. It's all good. :hat

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 12:20 AM
How about we prevent those who played Risk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(game)) growing up from entering the White House?

Wild Cobra
09-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Am I imagining things? Haven't the nations we stayed in without bailing out turned out OK?

Occupied German.

Occupied Japan.

Occupied South Korea.

Did they revert back?

Look what happened to S. Viet Nam when the democrats pulled the funding then. And we were winning! Damn traitors!

exstatic
09-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Am I imagining things? Haven't the nations we stayed in without bailing out turned out OK?

Occupied German.

Occupied Japan.

Occupied South Korea.

Did they revert back?

Look what happened to S. Viet Nam when the democrats pulled the funding then. And we were winning! Damn traitors!
The first three? We're still there. If we're still in Iraq in 60 years, count the US dead at about 200K. As for Vietnam, they're doing JUST FINE as an independent, non US satellite country.

DarkReign
09-12-2007, 08:25 AM

Occupied German.

Occupied Japan.

Occupied South Korea.

Did they revert back?

So, youre comparing Iraqi occupation to the occupation of conquered nations of WW2?!

I wasnt aware the people we are fighting in Iraq belong to one flag under one government that if defeated, would sign a surrender.

Please, you cant equate "insurgents" to a standing military. Japan declared war on us. We declared war on Iraq, won handily, and are still fighting with its citizens.

There wasnt an insurgency in Japan, Germany or South Korea. And BTW, we were never at war with S.Korea or S.Vietnam. Raise your latitude a bit and see what happened.

smeagol
09-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, since it seems all Argies are experts in U.S. foreign policy

So only Americans are allowed to opine on US foreign policy?

I guess only Americans can opine on what happened in 9/11 too (or so I have been told by Mookie and his pals).

why don't you tell us when it is going to end?

I hope it ends soon because it is not helping the Iraquis and it is certainly not helping the US.

Extra Stout
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM

Occupied German.

Occupied Japan.

Occupied South Korea.

Did they revert back?

Great! So all we need to do is transform Iraq into one of the world's five largest economic and military powers, like Germany and Japan were at the onset of WW2, so that they will have the cultural capital to bounce back from the setbacks of war!

Or, we could transform the Iraqis into a well-educated, highly-motivated work force with the capability for rapid industrialization like South Korea! How simple! Why, if it weren't for the Democrats, we'd be buying Iraqi-made cell phones and HDTV's right now, and Iraqi Motors would be building a new plant in Arkansas!

And just think -- had we stuck it out in Vietnam, maybe today they might have the second-fastest growing economy in Asia, rapid industrialization, a booming export market, and WTO membership! (Oh, wait, all that happened anyway.)

It's good to see you have such a deep understanding of global issues just like President Bush does, and don't put forth silly and facile arguments!

xrayzebra
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM
T As for Vietnam, they're doing JUST FINE as an independent, non US satellite country.

You mean those that are still living and weren't
re-educated? And living on starvation wages.

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Great! So all we need to do is transform Iraq into one of the world's five largest economic and military powers, like Germany and Japan were at the onset of WW2, so that they will have the cultural capital to bounce back from the setbacks of war!

Or, we could transform the Iraqis into a well-educated, highly-motivated work force with the capability for rapid industrialization like South Korea! How simple! Why, if it weren't for the Democrats, we'd be buying Iraqi-made cell phones and HDTV's right now, and Iraqi Motors would be building a new plant in Arkansas!

And just think -- had we stuck it out in Vietnam, maybe today they might have the second-fastest growing economy in Asia, rapid industrialization, a booming export market, and WTO membership! (Oh, wait, all that happened anyway.)

It's good to see you have such a deep understanding of global issues just like President Bush does, and don't put forth silly and facile arguments!

Yeah i'm sure that's what he meant. Try honesty for once. We get it, you're the smart know it all conservative with wit and sarcasm. You should be a teen idol in here, but you don't get the respect from the xray's and yoni's.

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
That presupposes that Yonivore and xraywhatever are "conservatives". I've seen no evidence to that effect.

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
That presupposes that Yonivore and xraywhatever are "conservatives". I've seen no evidence to that effect.

according to Nbadan and boutchtons they are.

Conservative, is not a concrete definition anyway. You'd have to be a sensitive uberdouche and snooty little bitch to be a isolationist, free trade hating, conservative, completely ignoring that times have changed. If you want to get technical, reagan wasn't the conservative goldwater was.

But who cares, i don't see any of you promoting the flat tax, or the privatization of school systems.

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Ron Paul wants to eliminate the IRS and the Department of Education. Does that count?

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Ron Paul wants to eliminate the IRS and the Department of Education. Does that count?

Yeah it does. Seriously.

It won't happen though. He's just Forbes, with an anti war statement.

He knows he can say anything he wants becuase his anti war statements will counterbalance his uberconservative oppinions.

Once he's in office, and he starts making some real change, Mooks, the Victards, Liberals, and all the faux supporters will be there to latch on the first scandal the media fabricates.

But I thought you already knew this.

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
If Ron Paul made it into office I don't think that would be much of a concern. Though it's not really a concern today, as it were.

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
If Ron Paul made it into office I don't think that would be much of a concern. Though it's not really a concern today, as it were.

he'd have 15% approval rating once he makes a move for federal judges, cuts war spending, and welfare, IRS etc.

his liberal supporters will probably vote for hillary anyway.

Extra Stout
09-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah i'm sure that's what he meant. Try honesty for once. We get it, you're the smart know it all conservative with wit and sarcasm. You should be a teen idol in here, but you don't get the respect from the xray's and yoni's.
What the hell is a conservative these days, anyway?

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM

there's too many, let's just stick to arguing to the merits. Eisenhower was a conservative, and he according to libs deployed troops for police action in Nam to help the french. Kennedy escalated it.

Extra Stout
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
there's too many, let's just stick to arguing to the merits. Eisenhower was a conservative, and he according to libs deployed troops for police action in Nam to help the french. Kennedy escalated it.
Yes, and then the second-most-liberal President in U.S. history escalated it further, which then caused the Democrats to nominate Leonid Brezhnev in 1968.

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 10:20 AM

I guess it's someone who speaks with a twang or a drawl and references God a lot.

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I guess it's someone who speaks with a twang or a drawl and references God a lot.

That was bill clinton in his arkansas days, as well as Al gore in his speech to the Naacp in 2000.

Maybe it's someone who wears a cowboy hat and calls himself kinky, or someone who bitches about the military. CUz that's so eisenhower, and Reagan there.

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Maybe it's someone who truly understands the meaning of the phrase...

http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/mccain_bush-hug-713122.jpg

"Hug it out, Bitch."

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
True conservatives are felines and post pictures on the internets. I guess i'll go search a reference book on this one.

Holt's Cat
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
It's must be someone who takes whottt's mental droppings seriously.

WHOTTABITCH
09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
It's must be someone who takes whottt's mental droppings seriously.

nah, just someone whose Holt's pussy and posseses the power to communicate with humans.

Butt about the Whottness,
i don't take his mental droppings seriously. He's just a douche, and it's fun to post under this screenname. Whott has a sense of humor anyway.

L.I.T
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Occupied German.

Occupied Japan.

Occupied South Korea.

Did they revert back?

The Philippines, 'nuff said.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
The Philippines, 'nuff said.
Are you agreeing or disagreeing? We kicked the Japanese out in 1945, have had bases there (do we still?) Anyway, they've had their own government since 1946. Sure, some pretty shacky times, but they are doing pretty good right now.

L.I.T
09-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Are you agreeing or disagreeing? We kicked the Japanese out in 1945, have had bases there (do we still?) Anyway, they've had their own government since 1946. Sure, some pretty shacky times, but they are doing pretty good right now.

1898 bought the Philippines from Spain (while it was in a state of revolution against Spain).

First put the nation under control by bombing the capital. Put an entire region to the gun in retaliation for Filipinos killing soldiers.

Used the Philippines as the centerpiece for the US policy of bringing democracy to the rest of the world.

Officially left in 1946, unofficially have been involved in the country. Supported the Marcos dictatorship because they were "scared of Communism". Have supported both the Erap and Arroyo regimes as allies against the war on terrorism.

Bases were removed in 1992.

The Philippines is ranked as one of the most corrupt nations in the world, in no small part to the ineffective political system that was put in place and supported by the United States. Economically, the country may be doing relatively well at the moment, but Arroyo presidency is one the most corrupt in a long a series of corrupt presidents. Hell, they make Marcos look good at times.

So, in essence: disagree. The Philippines is a mess because the US tried to lever a style of democracy that would not work in the country with the ethnic makeup of the Philippines.

I like your term "shacky".

ChumpDumper
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Actually, we kicked the Spanish out of the Philippines in 1898 and then spent three years killing several thousand Filipinos to keep them from becoming an independent state. There was a low level guerrilla war that lasted twelve years after that. So he could be agreeing or disagreeing.