2 Finley
3 Bowen

Bench
2 Ginobili
2 Barry
2/3 Udoka

IR/Austin/Waived
2/3 Williams

It appears to be set. Barry would likely be the odd man out. The good thing is that the Spurs should be able to roll with 4 guys and not have any of them top an average of 30 minutes a night. Barring a cost cutting move involving Barry the active rotation doesn't have much drama. Williams definitely seems to be on the hot seat. He's a prime candidate to be a Toro next season, perhaps without taking up a roster spot.

ducks
09-10-2007, 11:54 PM
let them fight it out in training camp

Holt's Cat
09-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Unless Udoka regresses that 4th spot is his.

ducks
09-10-2007, 11:57 PM
not saying it is not
let barry and mike fight it out

barry's contract runs out this year

maybe that will light a fire under his sorry ass

barbacoataco
09-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I think that last year the Spurs only had 4 SF/SG players on the 12 man active roster. On most nights they had 5 bigs/4 swing/3 PG's on the active roster. Doesn't this mean the Spurs will have to only dress 2 point guards if Udoka is going to play. Even if Horry sits on the back to backs, where will the roster spot come for Udoka?

mountainballer
09-11-2007, 06:19 AM
I think that last year the Spurs only had 4 SF/SG players on the 12 man active roster. On most nights they had 5 bigs/4 swing/3 PG's on the active roster. Doesn't this mean the Spurs will have to only dress 2 point guards if Udoka is going to play. Even if Horry sits on the back to backs, where will the roster spot come for Udoka?

as long as I can think, Pop plays with a 4 man regular rotation at the wing (usually cut down to 3 in the PO). he won't change this, just because they brought in Udoka. if the Spurs have 5 wings on the roster (like currently), the 5th man will play only sparingly, like Eric Williams last season.
if Udoka fits, Barry will be the odd man out, if not, we will see the same rotation like last season.
Barry might play some point, but the activities of the FO regarding the PG spot (Hudson, Garcia) indicate, that this scenario isn't the plan A.
if Udoka fits nice (I'm sure he will), Barry might be put on the market. a logical date would be after 15th of December, when the new signed FAs are allowed to be traded and the market gets busy again.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-11-2007, 07:49 AM
as long as I can think, Pop plays with a 4 man regular rotation at the wing (usually cut down to 3 in the PO). he won't change this, just because they brought in Udoka. if the Spurs have 5 wings on the roster (like currently), the 5th man will play only sparingly, like Eric Williams last season.
if Udoka fits, Barry will be the odd man out, if not, we will see the same rotation like last season.
Barry might play some point, but the activities of the FO regarding the PG spot (Hudson, Garcia) indicate, that this scenario isn't the plan A.
if Udoka fits nice (I'm sure he will), Barry might be put on the market. a logical date would be after 15th of December, when the new signed FAs are allowed to be traded and the market gets busy again.

Exactly, well said. They will want to get something for Barry's expiring contract, so Udoka will play and Barry will sit a lot as he has.

At the moment, with 5 very solid wings, we also have some nice insurance for injuries.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-11-2007, 07:55 AM
not saying it is not
let barry and mike fight it out

barry's contract runs out this year

maybe that will light a fire under his sorry ass

You're too hard on Barry.

He was never brought in as a star, and he has played crucial roles at times during his tenure here. During the regular season he has had some nice streaks when given pt, and he hit some crucial 3s in the 2005 playoffs.

Sure he's overpaid, but he's a great glue guy. I also think his hustle plays and Bball IQ are HIGHLY under-rated, and I like it when he plays point for short bursts.

ArgSpursFan
09-11-2007, 08:10 AM

Udoka will take Butlerīs spot in the roster as far as I can tell.

urunobili
09-11-2007, 08:13 AM
You're too hard on Barry.

He was never brought in as a star, and he has played crucial roles at times during his tenure here. During the regular season he has had some nice streaks when given pt, and he hit some crucial 3s in the 2005 playoffs.

Sure he's overpaid, but he's a great glue guy. I also think his hustle plays and Bball IQ are HIGHLY under-rated, and I like it when he plays point for short bursts.
:clap

i agree with this... Barry has done TREMENDOUS things for us...

DR WU
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Barry will continue to suit up because in a pinch he can play one. That gives you 5 shooters to rotate and a third point if you need it. If he ever re-establishes his own confidence he can still be a contender. He just never found his MOJO in San Antonio.

ArgSpursFan
09-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Barry is a reliable player who can play all 3 perimetral possitions,great 3 pt range and good passer too.Not too good on D,but still good all around player.

Bruno
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Spurs team is really deep.
Finding playtime for everyone won't be an easy task for Pop.

barbacoataco
09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
The bottom line is that the Spurs have last year's 12 man roster plus Udoka returning. The odd man out of the active roster, when everyone is healthy, would be either: Barry, Udoka, Horry (back to backs), Udrih, and maybe Bonner. With Horry resting on b2b's, and at least one player injured a lot of the time, the Spurs could make it work without giving up Barry. Barry makes a lot of money to sit on the IR.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Udoka will definitely beat out Barry for his spot in the rotation.

Whisky Dog
09-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Spurs team is really deep.
Finding playtime for everyone won't be an easy task for Pop.

The second best problem in the world right behind "I have too many hot women calling for sex".

Scola Trade
09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Ginobili should start now that Finley is more comfortable with the system. And Udoka should eaily overplay Barry

ducks
09-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Ginobili should start now that Finley is more comfortable with the system. And Udoka should eaily overplay Barry
why!
manu is a better spark off the bench then finley