PDA

View Full Version : Andre Kirilinko to suns?

ducks
09-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Paul Calvisi of KTAR FM 92.3 here in Phoenix is reporting that the Suns are in serious negotiations to bring Andre Kirilinko to the Suns in exchange for Shawn Marion. Calvisi is considered a pretty reliable source locally but is more of an NFL guy. KTAR is not yet reporting the story on it's website but here is a link in case anyone wants to monitor it.
www.ktar.com

this was found on another board

ducks
09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/2007/09/shawn-marion-to-utah/

The rumors are flying this morning. KTAR 620 is reporting that the Phoenix Suns are in negotiations with the Utah Jazz in a supposed deal that would send Shawn Marion north for Andrei Kirilenko.

Andrei averaged 8.3 points, 2.1 blocks and 4.7 rebounds in one of his worst seasons last year. He stepped it up in the playoffs however and got some of his confidence back. Perhaps Utah is ready to give him a change of scenery?

It seems the same with the Suns and Marion. The rumors crop up each off-season, they already involved him in the Kevin Garnett fiasco earlier this summer, but now this out of left field is sure be a legitimate deal. And at this point, not trading Shawn could do more harm than good come the regular season, with his fragile psyche when it comes to getting what he deserves and being wanted.

Marion for Kirilenko? Really? Aside from a great shot blocker, is this really a good deal for Phoenix? According to RealGM, we lose 9.2 points and 5.1 rebounds. Sadly, the trade also works as a straight up deal so the reality of it sets in.

What do you guys think? Horrible trade? Comment below and enlighten me if I’m missing anything. He obviously makes less than Marion, so are we looking at another Kurt Thomas save-some-money deal?

ducks
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
he makes about 2.5 less then shawn for 2 years but after that Andre Kirilinko makes way more
he has a max contract

SenorSpur
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
After his on-court performance and off-court whining last season, I would bet that Andrei's psyche is as fragile as Marion's.

ancestron
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Kirilenko kinda sucks. He was the invisible man during the conference finals, and didnt he end up crying after one of the games?
I think it would be a horrible trade for PHX. Marion is a much better player IMO. definitely a save money kinda deal if it goes through.

remingtonbo2001
09-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure if Kirilinko's style of play benefits the Suns. Maybe this is to make up for the Thomas trade. I really don't know. It's one of those trades that's confusing. It's too early to think about this kinda stuff.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
A straight up trade for the two worst contracts in the NBA! I'd say the Jazz come out ahead on the deal. I think Marion can do everything for them that AK did, but I don't know if AK can bring Marion's numbers to the Suns.

EDIT: I guess that should read "two of the worst contracts" since Rashard Lewis is not involved in this trade.

SenorSpur
09-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Suns management team are like the chronic gambler at the roulette wheel. They keep pulling that lever and taking chances with their roster every offseason - only to keep getting 3 lemons.

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I actually think that deal would make Utah better and hurt Phoenix.

The Jazz already rebound the ball like crazy on both ends and Marion would only add to that, while giving them a guy who is probably a better pure defender than Kirilenko and a guy who can truly get out on the break and finish with the best.

I think Marion is an underrated component of what the Suns do, because he's a fairly consistent rebounder on a team full of guys who don't do that. He's a far better rebounder, in my estimation, than Kirilenko is.

If this is legitimate, I really don't get what the Suns are doing right now.

ducks
09-11-2007, 11:20 AM
steve kerr wants to put his mark on the suns... if he does this trade

2centsworth
09-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Andre brings shot blocking.

ducks
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Andre brings shot blocking.
after he lets his man beat him

stéphane
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
KirilEnko has been really impressive so far in the euro tournament.
He's scoring rebounding blocking defending. He isn't the player we faced in the playoffs.

2centsworth
09-11-2007, 11:38 AM
after he lets his man beat him
most come from help defense.

2centsworth
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
He's scoring rebounding blocking defending. He isn't the player we faced in the playoffs.
he looked awful in last years playoffs, but he's been a beast in his past.

samikeyp

He's also not facing the Spurs.

SequSpur
ducks... you're a dumbazz

ducks
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
ducks... you're a dumbazz
thank you

Bruno
BB wise it doesn't make a lot of sense for Suns but they could do this trade for financial reasons. Suns are over the luxury tax and if they trade Marion for Kirilenko, they will be just under it. Suns will save something like $7M this year by doing this trade.

Marion has too more trade value than Kirilenko, Suns could get something more like a first round pick or a cheap player like Brewer or even Millsap. Suns could too ask Utah to take Banks and his contract.

stéphane
He's also not facing the Spurs.

true but he played some games nearly 1 on 5 ^^

rayray2k8
09-11-2007, 11:42 AM
why would the suns wanna take this deal? Do they really wanna get rid of Marion that badly?

AFBlue
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
A straight up trade for the two worst contracts in the NBA! I'd say the Jazz come out ahead on the deal. I think Marion can do everything for them that AK did, but I don't know if AK can bring Marion's numbers to the Suns.

EDIT: I guess that should read "two of the worst contracts" since Rashard Lewis is not involved in this trade.

Francis and Foyle DID get bought out, so their contracts came off the books....but Darius Miles still has a whopping $10M+/year contract and the knees of an 80 year old.

Miles is by far the worst contract in the NBA.

Kori Ellis
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
This would be a funny trade because these two guys are both so "sensitive." I think each team would think they were getting rid of a baby and be getting the same thing in return :lol

But, I think (like many have said) basketball wise, this would help Utah much more than Phoenix.

Testing
09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
They might be hoping to hide Amare's defensive liabilities with AK47. Marion wasn't able to do that.

2centsworth
09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
They might be hoping to hide Amare's defensive liabilities with AK47. Marion wasn't able to do that.

that's the thinking, but their problem is Parker. They have absolutely no answers and at times used Marion. No way Andre plays Parker.

Kori Ellis
09-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Well they have been trying to deal Marion on and off for a while. Outside of luxury tax issues, if you read Jack McCallum's "7 Seconds or Less", you will understand what a whining baby he is. The organization is probably tired of always having to coddle him and worry about his feelings.

MajorMike
09-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Suns Talked Marion Trade With Jazz
September 11, 2007 - 12:24 pm
Arizona Republic -
The Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz tossed around the idea of a trade sending Shawn Marion to Utah for Andrei Kirilenko last month but they did not move pass the stage of talks and the discussion of swapping versatile forwards has been tabled for weeks, the Arizona Republic is reporting.

Marion, 29, frequently comes up in summer trade rumors and talks because of the Suns' payroll situation, which has them over the luxury tax threshold with contracts that will pay its big three - Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Marion - $41.6 million for the coming season and $45.1 million in 2008-09. Marion is the team's highest paid player at a salary of $16,440,000 this season and $17,810,000 in 2008-09, the final year of his contract.

Marion is eligible for a contract extension this summer but the chances of that appear doubtful. Marion could opt out of his contract after the coming season.

Taking on Kirilenko, who is coming off his career's worst season, would only delay the Suns' financial peril. Kirilenko, 26, will be paid $63.1 million over the next four seasons. He was an All-Star in 2004 but struggled last season and complained of his reduced role to the point of crying in an interview during the playoffs.

Like Marion, Kirilenko has been among the league's leaders in blocks and steals over his career. At 6 feet 9, the Russian runs the floor well but also has a suspect perimeter shot. In his worst season last year, Kirilenko started all 70 games he played, hit 21 percent of his three-point shots and averaged 8.3 points and 4.7 rebounds amid the Jazz's rise to division champion. His contract runs through 2010-11, when Stoudemire's contract closes with a $17.9 million salary and Nash could be starting a new contract.

In a third consecutive All-Star season, Marion averaged 17.8 points and 9.8 rebounds - a slight drop in production from previous seasons.

ducks
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
are suns trying to get international players thinking that will help them beat the spurs?

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Kori's right about Marion's disposition and the way that the Suns' organization deals with it. (and Seven Seconds or Less should be required reading for NBA fans, I think). Still, with all of the rumors that have floated this summer about Marion, his insecurities can only grow, one would think. I would imagine the Suns are reaching a point of HAVING to deal Marion because they'll lose him entirely if he believes he's not wanted in Phoenix, and trade rumors can have a nasty way of making a player feel that he's unwanted.

saporvida
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
is that for real ? I didn't know that. Jeez.

He should have just done this :madrun

not this :cry

yeah it's for real... I'm pretty sure it was during round1 vs the rocket(te)s. his role was diminished because he wasn't producing and he kept begging to stay in and that change was on the horizon but he's a little bitch and bitches like to cry.

Mark in Austin
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I think Marion is overrated when it comes down to playing playoff-style, championship ball. The Spurs expose him every offseason they play the Suns - he's a player with limited go-to moves who is most effective shooting the 3 on the break or playing off the garbage rebound. Put a man on him that plays solid defense though, and he becomes a non-factor. (Remember what Marion did to the Spurs in the 2005 wcf's? Nobody else does either thanks to Bruce Bowen. Even this year with Bowen on Nash quite a bit Marion wasn't very effective.)

From a Spurs perspective, if Kirilenko recaptures some of his form from a couple years ago, he could contribute to a team effort and team defensive matchups that I think will make the Suns a harder out than they were with Marion.

Of course, after the postseason Kirilenko had this year he might just be damaged goods; but I think the Suns with AK-47 have more upside and can gel into a better team than they can with Marion.

This will be interesting to see how it develops....

Ronaldo McDonald
09-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Great move for the Suns. But by trading away KT, the best defender they had for Duncan, they fucked themselves so much that they lost every chance of beating us. AK 47 ain't enough to beat us, but he's an improvement over Marion, who has always performed consistently bad against us in the playoffs.

Their front office must be looking at other bigs, unless, of course, their plan is to fuck themselves - which they're used to anyway.

ATRAIN
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
come on da suns fan what kind of stupid thing are you going to say about this?

picnroll
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Having a guy that cries seems to be a good fit for the Suns.

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
come on da suns fan what kind of stupid thing are you going to say about this?

I would say that I would be against trading Shawn Marion of AK47.

And I would say that two major news outlets have already reported this deal has no legs:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97059

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0911mariononline0911.html

I would also say I enjoy witnessing this obsession of everything "Suns" continue.

Hey....don't fight it Spurs fans. People just like talking about the Suns. You all are no exception.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Says the sunfan who can't stay off the Spurs message board.

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Says the sunfan who can't stay off the Spurs message board.

In a Suns thread on the "Spurs" page.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
In a Suns thread on the "Spurs" page.Says the sunfan on the Spurs message board.

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Says the sunfan on the Spurs message board.

You already said that, dumbass.

And it wasn't a Suns fan who started this thread!!!

The Obsession continues.

Beno Udrih
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
In a Suns thread on the "Spurs" page.
:lol So did you see your teams "exciting" Monday night loss last night?

sprrs
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
I would also say I enjoy witnessing this obsession of everything "Suns" continue.

Hey....don't fight it Spurs fans. People just like talking about the Suns. You all are no exception.

It's more out of pity than love.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 02:00 PM

The Obsession continues.Says the sunfan on the Spurs message board.

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:00 PM
:lol So did you see your teams "exciting" Monday night loss last night?

Eh....yeah. It was a really close game and came down to the last 20 seconds. Leinhart played crappy but Edge played great. Did you not enjoy it?

I also enjoyed the Diamondbacks' pinch hit home run last night in the ninth.

What did you guys watch? Rodeo in town again?

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Says the sunfan on the Spurs message board.

I think we all saw THAT coming. :wakeup

timvp
09-11-2007, 02:02 PM
:lmao @ the Suns if they do this trade.

Please trade Marion for Kirilenko.

Please?

Beno Udrih
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Eh....yeah. It was a really close game and came down to the last 20 seconds. Leinhart played crappy but Edge played great. Did you not enjoy it?

I also enjoyed the Diamondbacks' pinch hit home run last night in the ninth.

What did you guys watch? Rodeo in town again?
:lmao It's funny seeing you trying to justify losing.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I think we all saw THAT coming. :wakeupYour obsession continues....

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:09 PM
:lmao It's funny seeing you trying to justify losing.

I don't have to justify losing....I don't play for the Cardinals. I never even said they would win a single game.

I said we have bragging rights for all of the great sporting events we get throughout the course of the season.

I'll wave to you from my seat at the Cardinals home opener on Sunday. That is, if youre not riding bulls or doing whatever it is that you guys do.

Booharv
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM

Marion doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He's overpaid, but at least he's productive. There's probably 50 guys with worse contracts in the league.

Beno Udrih
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't have to justify losing....I don't play for the Cardinals. I never even said they would win a single game.

I said we have bragging rights for all of the great sporting events we get throughout the course of the season.

I'll wave to you from my seat at the Cardinals home opener on Sunday. That is, if youre not riding bulls or doing whatever it is that you guys do.
And I said bragging about the cards and d backs is nothing to write home about. Yet here you are... :lol

ShoogarBear
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Well, at least AK won't have to worry about getting called out for making early vacation plans.

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Marion doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He's overpaid, but at least he's productive. There's probably 50 guys with worse contracts in the league.

I wouldn't try reasoning with that guy....he's into incest and stuff.

ShoogarBear
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
:lmao @ the Suns if they do this trade.

Please trade Marion for Kirilenko.

Please?This will be funny both ways. How long can Marion last with Jerry Sloan before he breaks down?

Although, if it works out, Boozer, Deron, Marion, and if Morris Almond works out would be a scary core.

ShoogarBear
09-11-2007, 02:20 PM
And what the hell is up with ducks scooping the board recently?

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
And I said bragging about the cards and d backs is nothing to write home about. Yet here you are... :lol

Im racking my brain and Im trying to understand why the D'Backs are "nothing to write home about".

Please, do tell.

Their current first place standing?

Their record to fastest world series ever? Their memorable series against the Yankess that captured the entire country following the tragic events of Sepetember 11th (watch the HBO special about it if you don't know what Im talking about).

Their already decorated history of Cy Young award winners? Their ballpark?

What should I not be proud of? Do tell.

PM5K
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't read books about other teams, I'm a Spurs fan, I will however read Tonys new book called Four Seconds Or Less....

Findog
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM

The Obsession continues.

Are you familiar with the concept of projection?

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Are you familiar with the concept of projection?

About as familiar as you are with the act of hypocrisy:

FinDog exposed (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1944711#post1944711)

ducks
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
And what the hell is up with ducks scooping the board recently?
ducks has more time right now
sept is slow at a work :sleep

ShoogarBear
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
sept is slow at a work :sleepducks is Italian!

Findog
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
About as familiar as you are with the act of hypocrisy:

FinDog exposed (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1944711#post1944711)

What "hypocrisy" am I guilty of? Just like a Suns fan to have reading comprehension issues.

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:35 PM
What "hypocrisy" am I guilty of? Just like a Suns fan to have reading comprehension issues.

Im not having this conversation again...the link is there. Let people decide for themselves.

Supergirl
09-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Suns will detiorate quickly if they do this.

Kirilenko has tons of potential, but fades fast when the pressure is on him and is injiry prone. Marion has been their backbone and their anchor on both ends of the court, and is their best man to man defender. They lose a lot more than the gain with this.

mavs>spurs2
09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
da_suns_fag strikes again

da_suns_fan__
09-11-2007, 02:47 PM
da_suns_fag strikes again

If Spurs fans don't want my opinion, they shouldn't ask for it (post 34). :nope

Findog
09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Im not having this conversation again...the link is there. Let people decide for themselves.

I'm more than happy to go that route. You have so much cred. You also make the mistake of thinking that people care what you or I think.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM

Findog
09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Andre Kirilinko to suns?

What is with the hed? Shouldn't it be changed to "duh_suns_fan gets pwned again"?

ducks
09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I would say that I would be against trading Shawn Marion of AK47.

And I would say that two major news outlets have already reported this deal has no legs:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97059

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0911mariononline0911.html

the first post had a team spurs played in the postseason being traded to another team the spurs played in the postseason
why would it not be posted
this is very much spur related
have you been drinking enough water to keep cool????

OldDirtMcGirt
09-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Suns will detiorate quickly if they do this.

Kirilenko has tons of potential, but fades fast when the pressure is on him and is injiry prone. Marion has been their backbone and their anchor on both ends of the court, and is their best man to man defender. They lose a lot more than the gain with this.

Marion also fades when the pressure on and doesn't play physical at all. Plus Raja Bell is our best man to man defender.

Other than that, AK47 is too often injured for me to just do him for Marion straight up. I would however do a Marion + Banks for AK + Millsap though.

nfg3
09-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Could be decent for both teams depending upon which player shows up next year.
AK-47 a couple of years ago was terrific but has melted down since then. Vanishing against the Spurs in last year's playoff series doesn't help his cause. Seems to be injury prone and his ego is too fragile.

Marion probably wont fit into the Jazz system like he does in the Suns. Amazing how Nash's presence on the floor makes others so much better! Not knocking Deron but Nash is Nash. With Marion's also too fragile I think Sloan will have him for lunch before Xmas.

But it would be fun to see what those two teams can do on the floor.

Another "what if" scenario.

T Park
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
The destruction of the once dangerous suns thanks to Sarver continues.

The Jazz would be contenders for top team in the west if they do this deal.

In all honesty if the Jazz do this deal, IMO they become as scary as the Mavericks.

ducks
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM

In all honesty if the Jazz do this deal, IMO they become as scary as the Mavericks.

the mavs that do not make it out of the first round :spin

mavs>spurs2
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
the mavs that do not make it out of the first round :spin

Nah I prefer the 06 mavs :)

(pre choke)

OldDirtMcGirt
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM

I also should've said that there is no way this deal goes down. Marion would be an awful fit for Utah. He shys away from the physical game and plays best at power forward and when running. The Jazz would still be the fourth best team in the west after that move.

smeagol
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Let this deal happen.

Suns are getting fvcked.

G-Nob
09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Wasn't AK-47 the poisonous snake in the utah jazz lockeroom this past year? More power to them.

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
ducks is Italian!

Okay -- that made me LOL.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Kirilenko did have some success in the GS series as a sort of point-forward when Deron Williams went to the bench with foul trouble and the Jazz had lost the rest of their PG's. Maybe they have him pegged as sort of a more defensive minded version of Boris Diaw?

I'm still having trouble making heads or tails for why Phoenix would want to take this guy on.

anakha
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Position-wise, Kirilenko would benefit from this trade.

He's most comfortable playing PF, not working on the wings as an SF. But with Boozer's play last season and Millsap coming on strong, I don't think there will be any time left for him to play his natural position.

At least in Phoenix, he gets ample time to play PF. The Suns are lacking in the power positions right now, and starting Diaw alongside Amare in the frontcourt poses some major risks defensively for them. Kirilenko+Amare at least gives them a bit of a defensive presence, although I still wonder if Amare can really cover the better post men in the league.

Utah also benefits from this trade because Marion is a better fit at SF than Kirilenko, and with Deron and Boozer, they don't need to depend on Marion to carry them offensively either.

barbacoataco
09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
This trade possibility might suggest that : 1. The Suns want to trade Marion 2. The Suns need a big man with some defense after losing Thomas 3. The Jazz want to trade Kirilenko because Millsap looks strong and they also have Boozer.

I hope the Suns lose Marion because I personally think he is better than some realize. He played pretty good defense on Parker after game 1. Without Marion, who will guard Tony Parker? Raja defends Manu, and Steve Nash can't defend anyone. Neither can Grant Hill. If the Suns loke Thomas and Marion, they lose the two players who could try to defend Duncan and Parker.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
This trade possibility might suggest that : 1. The Suns want to trade Marion 2. The Suns need a big man with some defense after losing Thomas 3. The Jazz want to trade Kirilenko because Millsap looks strong and they also have Boozer.

I hope the Suns lose Marion because I personally think he is better than some realize. He played pretty good defense on Parker after game 1. Without Marion, who will guard Tony Parker? Raja defends Manu, and Steve Nash can't defend anyone. Neither can Grant Hill. If the Suns loke Thomas and Marion, they lose the two players who could try to defend Duncan and Parker.

That's the biggest thing. AK is a better defender than Marion IMO, but he doesn't have the speed to guard a point guard, let alone Tony Parker. However, I've said it from the beginning of the offseason, the guy that Phoenix needs is Ron Artest. That would go along way in solving our problems.

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
I hope this happens, makes the Suns worse

The Truth #6
09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Position-wise, Kirilenko would benefit from this trade.

He's most comfortable playing PF, not working on the wings as an SF. But with Boozer's play last season and Millsap coming on strong, I don't think there will be any time left for him to play his natural position.

At least in Phoenix, he gets ample time to play PF. The Suns are lacking in the power positions right now, and starting Diaw alongside Amare in the frontcourt poses some major risks defensively for them. Kirilenko+Amare at least gives them a bit of a defensive presence, although I still wonder if Amare can really cover the better post men in the league.

Utah also benefits from this trade because Marion is a better fit at SF than Kirilenko, and with Deron and Boozer, they don't need to depend on Marion to carry them offensively either.

Good points.

Also, I wonder if each team feels that their player will no longer be happy on their respective team. Deron and Boozer probably have little respect left for Andrei based on comments they made about players quitting. And as for the Suns, Marion has been on the block so long, and he seems to want to be the Man, so maybe his usefulness and willingness to contribute is not perceived to be what it once was.

Switchman
09-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I'd like to see this happen.

exstatic
09-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Kirilenko would be a horrible fit in PHO. I hope they do this.

ThomasGranger
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I hope this happens, makes the Suns worse

That was my initial reaction, but I don't really want to see Utah get better either, especially considering that they have a very young core who has already made it to the conference finals.

Switchman
09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Rockets, Warriors, WCF.

Thanks Dirk.

MajorMike
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Aside from the fact everyone is still talking about something that was apparently dead a month ago, has anyone stopped to really look at AK47's record? Aside from being injury prone and good at blocking shots, he really isn't all that. He was twice 2nd team all defense and was 1st team in 05-06 when he got Timmy's 1st place spot. He wasn't on last year's squad.

This piggyback's on the whole notion that defenders, such as Bruce, get screwed because they don't have stats. Defenders, such as Ak and Camby, get recognition because they have a stat - blocks. Has anyone EVER thought Camby was a good defender?? I mean honestly. He has never been CLOSE to getting on a 1st or 2nd team, yet last year he leads in blocks so suddenly he is the league's best defender. Same with AK. He has long arms, and very tall, generally gaurding someone much shorter than himself - therefore he gets lots of blocks. The funny thing is he normally gets those blocks from behind because he has just got beaten off the dribble and gets the shooter by suprise as he is taking on another big down low. I'm sorry, AK is NOT a great defender. He's a good shot blocker than can't otherwise defend his way out of a wet paper bag. He gets pub becuase he gets blocks. Same with Camby. Same with Wallace (altho Camby and Wallace get considerably more defensive rebounds than AK). He doesn't even have a good shot offensively, he is a trash collector.

Point to this whole thread is I would be considerably more worried about Utah next year with the playoff exp Deron got, Boozer, Okur - who is always a frickin Spur killer, and Marion with Harpring and Giricek among other scrubs? Okur won't be forced to create offense, Marion can play the 3 where he belongs, and they will have 3 no-kidding double digit scorers and 3 no-kidding double digit rebound guys.

SpursIndonesia
09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Marion's a SF playing PF in Phoenix, Kirilenko's a PF playing SF in Utah, so i think both team take this consideration within this supposed trade talk. By doing this trade, both of them won't have to play out of position, and the inheren, undisclosed benefit might surface later on. That might be the main driving force behind this, esp. on the Phoenix side, fact that they're looking more of a loser if we go purely by number alone.

E20
09-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Kirlenko = dissappear in the PO's, good in the regular season.
Marion = " "

I don't see any improvement for either team.

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Kirilenko just isn't a good fit for the Suns at all IMO

Marion leaving phoenix would be stupid for both parties. He's in a perfect system that hide's his flaws and allows him to do his thing, much like Nash. If he goes to any other team I can easily see his stats declining majorly, and whoever Phoenix brings in in return isn't going to put up 18 and 12.