PDA

View Full Version : Wright to replace Kirby Freeman

Fillmoe
09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Kyle Wright is again Miami's starting quarterback.

After leading Miami on its lone TD drive against Oklahoma, Kyle Wright will get the starting nod at QB against Florida International on Saturday.

Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon announced that Wright is the first-stringer Tuesday, meaning the senior has passed Kirby Freeman on the depth chart and will start when Miami (1-1) hosts Florida International (0-2) at the Orange Bowl on Saturday afternoon.

It will be Wright's first start since Miami played Virginia Tech last Nov. 4. Wright broke his wrist that day and missed the Hurricanes' final four games, then lost the starting job to Freeman in training camp.

Shannon said there will be a package for Freeman in this week's game plan, but he wasn't planning to employ a two-quarterback system.

"It won't be a round-robin deal," Shannon said. "It's going to be the Kyle Wright show for right now."

Freeman -- the MVP of Miami's win in last season's MPC Computers Bowl -- struggled in the first two games, going 12-of-30 for 98 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Wright was more effective in the Hurricanes' 51-13 loss last weekend at Oklahoma, going 7-for-14 for 65 yards and a touchdown, compared to Freeman's 3-for-9, 17-yard effort.

"Both of them did a decent job," Shannon said. "But Kyle came in the game against Oklahoma and gave us a little spark."

Through the season's first two weeks, Miami ranks 118th out of 119 major college schools in passing offense. Only Navy -- a run-dominated team with just 19 throws this year -- has put up fewer passing yards than the Hurricanes, who are averaging 84 per game. Miami's 3.7 yards per attempt are also second-worst among the teams in what was known as Division I-A, behind only Akron (3.6).

Wright is 14-7 as Miami's starter, with 4,123 yards and 27 touchdowns in 24 career appearances. He has completed 59.3 percent of his passes, a rate that ranks fourth-best in school history behind Bernie Kosar (62.3), Vinny Testaverde (61.3) and Steve Walsh (59.4).

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3014083

Our QB situation sucks, hopefully Kyle Wright has a better go around this time than he had last year.

degenerate_gambler
09-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Our QB situation sucks

dude, you're team has more problems than just your qb.

i'm starting to think aggy will go down there and run your dicks into the dirt.

Flo-Rida
09-12-2007, 06:15 PM
dude, you're team has more problems than just your qb.

i'm starting to think aggy will go down there and run your dicks into the dirt.
stop hatin your a bitch dont talk shit

degenerate_gambler
09-13-2007, 08:59 AM
stop hatin your a bitch dont talk shit

put a lip lock on the snot end of my fuckstick.

your 'canes SUCK.