PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' Williams Arrested

Darkwaters
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Pacers' Williams Faces Four Charges
September 12, 2007 - 11:29 am
Indianapolis Star -
Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird said he was "extremely disappointed" by the arrest of forward Shawne Williams early Tuesday morning, and indicated disciplinary action was forthcoming.

Williams, 21, was charged with marijuana possession, driving without a license, driving with an expired license plate and failure to signal a lane change. He was released from Marion County Jail at 10:30 a.m. without having to post bond. He is scheduled to appear for an initial hearing before Marion Superior Court Judge Linda E. Brown at 8:30 a.m. Friday.

Police also found a stolen 9 mm semiautomatic handgun in the backseat of Williams' car after Williams told them there was no weapon in his car.

Williams is the fourth Pacer to be arrested since October.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48018/20070912/pacers_williams_faces_four_charges/

Ok, so the marijauna possession isn't surprising. Driving without a license, expired plates and failure to signal a lane change...I can see that happening. But why the hell do you have a stolen 9mm in your back seat? I mean, wtf is with idiotic athletes and handguns. Why did Shawne need a gun at all? No less a stolen one. I guess I just don't get it. This is just as confusing as the whole Sebastian Telfair gun thing. I just don't see the need or the reason.

ducks
09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
they are starting to look like the jailazers

duncan228
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
This happens so much that I can only figure their ego is so big they think they're above the law.

Or at least above getting caught.

Otherwise they're just stupid.

boutons_
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
EXCELLENT NBA material.

Poor Larry, he can't avoid recruiting ballas who have less class than Larry's little toe.

Kamnik
09-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Williams is the fourth Pacer to be arrested since October.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AND PEOPLE ARE MAD AT STERN BECAUSE HE WANTS A BETTER IMAGE FOR THE LEAGUE????!!??!?! (clothes, strict punishments etc)

I would implement a rule where a player arrested 2 times couldnt play in the league anymore.

thousandth
09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AND PEOPLE ARE MAD AT STERN BECAUSE HE WANTS A BETTER IMAGE FOR THE LEAGUE????!!??!?! (clothes, strict punishments etc)

I would implement a rule where a player arrested 2 times couldnt play in the league anymore.

Sorry,bro. We would remain without nba players...

Strike
09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Why is it so many nba players get cited for driving without a license and/or no insurance? It can't be because they don't have the money. Is it really that hard for a pro basketball player to get himself a fucking driver's license?

Seriously, is it that fucking hard? Are they just not able to pass a simple freaking test? Are they THAT goddamn dumb?

Or, is it so fucking hard to pay some other motherfucker to drive you around?

hater
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM

not true. everysingle one of the Spurs would still play.

Rip-Hamilton32
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
bonners a thug

Kamnik
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM

word :smokin

duncan228
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
It's good to be a Spurs fan.

Reggie Miller
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I hate to admit it, but I have almost given up on this current incarnation of the Pacers. The organization has a major problem: Bird is immune from all criticism in Indiana, and Larry's personnel decisions are really hurting the team. Indiana will be unwatchable for several years. They are going to have to finish blowing up this team and rebuild for about five years.

Now, it's hard to believe that as recently as 2004-2005, I was looking forward to a Pacers/Spurs Final. Wh'appen? :cry

JamStone
09-13-2007, 10:02 AM

No, it would be another Euroleague plus Shane Battier.

JamStone
09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Shawne Williams: "Let me buss two shots for my homeboys who left before me! Big ups Ronnie! Much love Stephen!" *blat* *blat*

duncan228
09-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Update:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/09/13/bc.bkn.pacers.williams.ap/index.html

Pacers suspend Williams
Forward to miss three games following pot charges

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Indiana Pacers on Thursday suspended forward Shawne Williams for three games following his arrest on marijuana possession and other charges.

He is to serve the suspension during the Pacers' opening games of the regular season against Washington, Miami and Memphis.

His arrest on Tuesday was the third time in less than a year that Pacers players have landed in legal trouble for their off-court actions.

"We are making it clear to our players and our fans that this franchise is going in a different direction," Pacers president Larry Bird said in a statement Thursday. "Shawne put himself in a position that placed the franchise in a poor light. He's a good kid who made a bad decision."

An initial hearing for Williams is scheduled for Friday in Marion Superior Court.

Williams was driving an SUV, which was carrying two other men, when it was pulled over for changing lanes without signaling early Tuesday. Both Williams and the front seat passenger were arrested on marijuana possession charges.

SpursFanFirst
09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
It's good to be a Spurs fan.

:tu I agree

Thanks again, Pacers. You're always making us proud... :depressed

signed,
Indianapolis

Man this organization sucks.

Indazone
09-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Man what is with the Pacers anyways? Artest, Stephen Jackson and now this?

Reggie Miller
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Man what is with the Pacers anyways? Artest, Stephen Jackson and now this?

When Walsh was running the team virtually alone, Indiana was always an above-average team or better. Walsh was fairly conservative and predictable, but at least the team wasn't getting burned on a regular basis. In recent years, there has been a lot of turnover in management. Some of the "problem" players are holdovers from the Isiah Thomas reign of terror, but most of them have been Larry Bird acquisitions.

Short Answer: Bird does not appear to be any better at his job than Ainge or McHale. Unfortunately, Bird would have to burn down the Brickyard before the Pacers could dump him.

On a side note, I don't really trust the Indianapolis Police Department either. To clarify, I am not saying that Jax never fired a pistol, etc. I am saying that none of these incidents appear to have occurred as initially depicted by the I.P.D. For example, most of the witnesses to the alleged barfight do not support the Prosecutor's Information.

I will admit to bias against the I.P.D. They killed my cousin. She was hit by a cruiser that had entered a high speed chase over an expired license plate. The moron cops were chasing the guy (who had no outstanding warrants) through downtown Indy on a Friday night. My cousin never even had a chance; the cops hit her doing nearly 80 mph on a city street. As of today, both officers have never been reprimanded and still terrorize the streets.

I am biased, but it's not without substance. The I.P.D. has consistently shown that it cannot be trusted to accurately and honestly investigate crime. Institutionally, the I.P.D. condones and encourages the use of excessive force. The I.P.D. has consistently demonstrated policies of racial discrimination and profiling. The I.P.D. is completely lacking in common sense, proportion, or decency.

Before anyone chimes in with the "a few rotten apples don't spoil the whole barrel" or "it's a job you wouldn't want either" platitudes, please spare me. The I.P.D. situation is analagous to the problems with the Chicago P.D., which has been exposed as employing a systematic approach to fabricating evidence and torturing suspects. (The U.S. District Courts in the Seventh Circuit are currently logjammed with suits against both the Chicago and Indianapolis Departments.)

At any rate, my point is that most of the information we get on these "Pacers incidents" comes from either the I.P.D. or Indianapolis Star newspaper. You cannot trust these sources. Does that mean that the players are innocent or being framed? Almost certainly not, but save your outrage against them. I think that we will eventually find that a few of these "incidents" have been blown out of proportion.