PDA

View Full Version : Our version of Tony Parker signed for 5 years

41times
09-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Noted Spurs killer and our version of a young Tony Parker has resigned for 5 more years in Dallas. Good news here.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Mavs_and_Harris_agree.html

duncan228
09-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Conversation here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77541

picnroll
09-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Noted Spurs killer and our version of a young Tony Parker has resigned for 5 more years in Dallas. Good news here.

Dallas' version is 9 months younger. He'd better pick up the pace.

Switchman
09-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Thank god the one young guy we have turned out to be an NBA all-star.

degenerate_gambler
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Noted Spurs killer

Since when?

Holt's Cat
09-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Since when did the Mavs' colors become silver and black? Get the fuck out of here.

thispego
09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
man, geez, wow, i needed that. good laugh in the morning

JamStone
09-13-2007, 10:00 AM
I thought the other version of Tony Parker played for the Toronto Raptors.

mountainballer
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
our version of a young Tony Parker has resigned for 5 more years in Dallas.

if Harris is your version of Parker, then this will procede to be your version of a championship trophy:

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/68/22846861.jpg

MoSpur
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Since when did Devin Harris win a championship team or make an All Star team?

mathbzh
09-13-2007, 10:31 AM
And Dampier is your version of Robinson?
You should stop buying fake from China.

MajorMike
09-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Since when did Devin Harris win a championship team or make an All Star team?

or marry a superstar hottie?

Simply the fact that he is your version of TP shows why you have no rings. Obviously you need a better version of TP.

urunobili
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
troll feeder thread

Mister Sinister
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
:lmao Ohh, dear. That was absolutely epic.

bdictjames
09-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I wish there was that Richardson block gif right here. The one Harris last playoffs.

hater
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
hahahahaha. Mavfans are still delusional.

your version of Tony Parker got bitchlapped last playoffs and helped his team lose in the 1st round :lmao

baseline bum
09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
So when is your version winning Finals MVP? :lol

Testing
09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Just because a player has similiar speed as another player and is a small-ish PG doesn't mean they have similiar games. I personally think Devin Harris is highly, highly overrated. His defense is decent and only because he gets away with a lot of flopping by the refs...props to him. But outside of that I don't think he's a smart offensive player and I don't think he's a good play maker. He's basically what he is...a backup PG who can give you quality minutes.

TDMVPDPOY
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
mavs version cockblockd

Man of Steel
09-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Harris looked better than he really is when the Mavs and the Spurs played in the WCF Semi-finals two years ago--but Parker was not anywhere near 100%.

Ever since then, Mav fans have been making this stupid remark about DH being their own version of TP.

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Psssssssst....

dont get so worked up over a troll :smokin

SenorSpur
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Harris looked better than he really is when the Mavs and the Spurs played in the WCF Semi-finals two years ago--but Parker was not anywhere near 100%.

Ever since then, Mav fans have been making this stupid remark about DH being their own version of TP.

It seems the Mavs compare practically every strategic move they make against what the Spurs do.

For example, some of the local scribes, here in Dallas, have mildly criticized the Mavs for failing to make more off season changes to address some of the issues exposed during the Warriors series. The general response from Mavs brass is "this is a 67-win team we have here. If you notice when we beat the Spurs in 2006 playoffs, they didn't tear it down. They kept the majority of their team intact."

Now I keep hearing how Devin Harris feels as though he can be as good or better than TP. Please!

I understand the Mavs built both their blueprint and their team solely to beat the Spurs. But do these petty comparisions ever stop?

The Mavs will again likely be our most toughest opponent on the road to repeating as NBA Champions - if they can ever get over themselves. The bottom line is the Mavs in general, and Cuban and fans in particular, have a big ol' case of "championship-trophy"-envy.

saporvida
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
fuck devin harris... i can't stand dh more than i can't stand the rest of the bunch. harris is a hack and he like the rest of the mavs squad will only be able to celebrate their 67win season last yr and nothing else. nothing. not even that poor excuse for a wcf trophy they half-ass got in '06. he's a hack just like the rest of those scrubs. choke on that dallas!

41times
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Ahhh ya'll aren't still mad about when Harris scored 20 points on Parker in 1 Quarter are you?

saporvida
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Ahhh ya'll aren't still mad about when Harris scored 20 points on Parker in 1 Quarter are you?

mad? hahaha get over yourself.

you're not still mad that your mavs can't finish anything are you? see you next off season after 1st round bitch.

Kori Ellis
09-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Are you still mad that the Mavs haven't won a title?
Are you still mad that Dirk can't stop choking?
Are you still mad that Dallas got run off the court by an eighth seed?

You mad?

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 02:55 PM
mad? hahaha get over yourself.

you're not still mad that your mavs can't finish anything are you? see you next off season after 1st round bitch.

Once again, quit getting so worked up over a troll

Everyone knows Parker>Harris, no need to throw a tantrum for us to see it your way

But I can guarantee the Mavs offseason won't begin after Round 1, we're coming back with a vengeance

Kori Ellis
09-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Once again, quit getting so worked up over a troll

Everyone knows Parker>Harris, no need to throw a tantrum for us to see it your way

But I can guarantee the Mavs offseason won't begin after Round 1, we're coming back with a vengeance

:lol @ so worked up

I think everyone is just smack talking. I don't think anyone cares enough to get worked up.

Bruno
09-13-2007, 03:01 PM
And our version of Dirk has signed for 3 years.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/signings_070712.html

PS : Our version of Dirk has a ring.

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
The Mavs need a version of Duncan

Anyone know where we can get one? :smokin

saporvida
09-13-2007, 03:07 PM

wasnt that the case going into last season? vengeance.... how far did that get ya? oh i remember... 6 games into the post season just to choke it all away once again.

shit bring your vengeance again and possibly yall won't make it to the post season. i guess the pacers or the clippers can now get back into the playoffs.

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 03:11 PM
wasnt that the case going into last season? vengeance.... how far did that get ya? oh i remember... 6 games into the post season just to choke it all away once again.

shit bring your vengeance again and possibly yall won't make it to the post season. i guess the pacers or the clippers can now get back into the playoffs.

:lmao Since when are the pacers a WC team?

saporvida
09-13-2007, 03:18 PM
:lmao Since when are the pacers a WC team?

it was funny huh... i wasnt even thinking straight but whatever. :toast

ps: since when are mavs a title contender?

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 03:24 PM
See: 2006

Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat

my2sons
09-13-2007, 03:40 PM

really, when did your version of TP receive his MVP finals trophy?

duncan228
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
You mad?

:lmao

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of Harris but now that we signed him for 5 years, I sure hope for the good of the franchise he can step it up and maybe finally live up to his expectations.

JET isn't really a true point guard so all our hope rests in Harris :spless:

41times
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Are you still mad that the Mavs haven't won a title?
Are you still mad that Dirk can't stop choking?
Are you still mad that Dallas got run off the court by an eighth seed?

You mad?

So i guess Kori is still mad :p:

samikeyp
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM

(years from now)

Harris: "No son...I never won a title...but, I did have that one magical quarter when I scored 20 points on Tony Parker"
Son: "THE Tony Parker, dad? The one with all those rings, money and that hot old lady wife?"
Harris: "Yep...the very same"
Son: "Wow...but how come you never won a title, pop? Didn't you get a big contract?"
Harris: "Go finish your homework, son."

Mister Sinister
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
(years from now)

Harris: "No son...I never won a title...but, I did have that one magical quarter when I scored 20 points on Tony Parker"
Son: "THE Tony Parker, dad? The one with all those rings, money and that hot old lady wife?"
Son: "Wow...but how come you never won a title, pop? Didn't you get a big contract?"
:lol That was pretty funny.

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
(years from now)

:lmao Nice

nfg3
09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Pointless and delusional. Another troll bored out of his skull.

MajorMike
09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh, mah, lawd, I just snotted up my coke zero.

jmard5
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
The Mavs need a version of Duncan

Anyone know where we can get one? :smokin

:lol

Dirk Nowitzki
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Question: Do I still qualify as a troll?

duncan228
09-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Question: Do I still qualify as a troll?

I don't think so.

We like you. We don't like trolls. :spin

Dirk Nowitzki
09-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't think so.

We like you. We don't like trolls. :spin

:clap :clap I really like this board not just cuz it has fans who know the game, but I love the variety this site has. Football,baseball, troll forums, the club :)

Switchman
09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
(years from now)

I doubt the Mavericks, these Mavericks, will ever get knocked out in the first round again so we gotta rub it in while we can.

Brutalis
09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Harris isn't a third of the player Tony is. Gave me a good laugh though.

saporvida
09-13-2007, 06:46 PM

I doubt the Mavericks, these Mavericks, will ever get knocked out in the first round again so we gotta rub it in while we can.

i doubt nothing when it pertains to the mavs setting losing records yr after yr.

here's just a couple to refresh your memory.
-biggest choke job in finals history.
-biggest choke job in round1 to an 8th seed.

Axl Van Dam
09-14-2007, 01:15 AM
And Dampier is your version of Robinson?
You should stop buying fake from China.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Axl Van Dam
09-14-2007, 01:19 AM
(years from now)

:lmao :lmao :lmao Funny shit dude! :lmao :lmao :lmao

sprrs
09-14-2007, 01:29 AM
We signed our version of Dirk to a multi-year deal too.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/matt_bonner-arton20875-240x240.jpg

Booharv
09-14-2007, 01:32 AM
:clap :clap I really like this board not just cuz it has fans who know the game, but I love the variety this site has. Football,baseball, troll forums, the club :)

The Troll forum is really unique, I've never seen anything like it in a sports forum.

NO_PUEDE_SER_FADED
09-14-2007, 01:41 AM
if Harris is your version of Parker, then this will procede to be your version of a championship trophy:

Mejor como un bote de chodes ala la cara de smeagol comparada al Devin Harris, bulo!!!!

Digo yooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timmy21_4rings
09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
We signed our version of Dirk to a multi-year deal too.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/matt_bonner-arton20875-240x240.jpg

Yeah, Matt is a better version....Matt never choked!!!!! In Matt's first year, he took us to championship!!!! LOL!!

Vingianx
09-15-2007, 05:29 PM

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

i couldn't stop cracking up, unexpected....

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Seriously I don't get all the Devin Harris hype. The guy started something like 60 games out of 80 and still couldn't prove shit. The only thing he's done is the one good series vs San Antonio in 06, and jack shit since. As a Mav fan i'm pissed that they're putting all their eggs in one basket and counting on him because I really don't think he will come through, same story as his first 3 years. Untill he develops at least a dependable jump shot he will never be a starting PG for a true contender.