PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Ducks Mascot Suspended for fighting (Funny Video)

Fillmoe
09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
EUGENE The University of Oregon will take disciplinary action against individuals responsible for inappropriate conduct by the University of Oregon’s Duck mascot at last week’s Oregon-Houston football game, according to Athletics Director Pat Kilkenny.

The university’s mascot was involved in several incidents with the Houston Cougars’ mascot during last week’s Oregon season-opening football game in Autzen Stadium that was deemed to exhibit irresponsible behavior. Student records restrictions prohibit the University from disclosing the nature of its actions, but the actions are designed to make clear the University’s dissatisfaction with the behavior. Because more than one student fills the Duck mascot role, the specific discipline may not be apparent. In addition, the mascot itself will not be permitted to appear at the school’s next home football game Sept. 15 versus Fresno State.

“We ask our fans to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with good sportsmanship and comzmend them for abiding by the Code of ConDUCKt that was established last year,” Kilkenny said. “Official representatives of the athletics department must be held to higher standards.”

Source:
http://oregon.scout.com/2/677118.html

Heres the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_aaYih92ss

samikeyp
09-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Code of ConDUCKt

:lmao

:duck

thispego
09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
wait, where's the funny video

DarkReign
09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
The video is priceless.

Something about mascots and their oversized attire getting in a fight is always funny. See end of Ace Ventura.

Whisky Dog
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
what a fuckin loser

Phil Hellmuth
09-13-2007, 12:51 PM
hahhahha

Thunder Dan
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
that was funny when he was taunting him after

lil'mo
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
real funny

2centsworth
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
cougar mascot looked like a chick. A lot of mascots are chicks, but the duck surely was a dude. I hope it wasn't some dude beating up a chick.

SAtown
09-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Something about mascots and their oversized attire getting in a fight is always funny. See end of Ace Ventura.

... or Trigger Happy TV (British series)

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
cougar mascot looked like a chick. A lot of mascots are chicks, but the duck surely was a dude. I hope it wasn't some dude beating up a chick.
No, sadly that was our male cougar Shasta. We have one in a cheerleader get-up named Sasha. For the life of me I don't know why they made the thing look like it's wearing tranny-like levels of eye shadow. Sad day for the Coogs on many levels. That video is a pretty good microcosm of how that game went for us.

2centsworth
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
No, sadly that was our male cougar Shasta. We have one in a cheerleader get-up named Sasha. For the life of me I don't know why they made the thing look like it's wearing tranny-like levels of eye shadow. Sad day for the Coogs on many levels. That video is a pretty good microcosm of how that game went for us.
that's pretty sad it was a dude. Maybe he's a quaker or something like that?

dallaskd
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
:lol wrong forum though

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Yahoo sports had a link to the video on its front page. According to them this all started because the Cougar was doing push-ups for every point UH had scored, which was supposedly the Duck's signature move or something. So while the Cougar was doing the push ups the Duck kicked him in the ribs and dropped an elbow.

Someone in Oregon needs to do their scouting a little better as UH's mascot has been doing that since I was a student in 2001 and probably before that as well. :lol

ShoogarBear
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
About 4-5 years ago I saw the Oregon Duck and the Utah Ute get into a fight during a first-round NCAA tournament game in Nashville. They both got ejected, and and overhead summons by the PA announcer to report back to the locker rooms. It was excellent.

Will the Duck please report to the locker room?