PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Spurs seeking blockbuster trade!!!!!!!

mysterious_elf26
12-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Besides the fact that Malone will pretty much end up in SA, there is also a huge rumor that the spurs are seeking a third team to participate in a blockbuster trade in hopes of acquiring Eddy Curry from the Bulls and send Rasho whoever wants him. For some reason, I feel that New York could be that team.

Dex
12-15-2004, 12:29 AM
huge rumor

Until I see something in print, thus it shall remain.

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm sure nobody wants anything to do with Curry so long as his agent expects max dollars.

TheWriter
12-15-2004, 12:38 AM
And where exactly did you hear this rumor?

Aka... link?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Come on all you gullible fools, CIA Pop does not make his work known until it's done.

johnny00
12-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Quite honestly is there any team who would want anything to do with Rasho? Who's your source elf? I've never liked trade conjecture that includes phrases such as "we'll trade such and such for another power forward" Well who? Without some specifics it usually lacks credibility.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Quite honestly is there any team who would want anything to do with Rasho?Plenty.

But I can't really see the Spurs trading for an even softer center.

Spurminator
12-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Plenty of teams would take a starting-quality center at below market value. Rasho is still a shot blocker with the talent to thrive in the right system (for him). And he makes less than most starting centers with half his talent.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-15-2004, 12:57 AM
As I said above, this is a moot point because Pop's personnel management doesn't make the press until after it happens, BUT

Quite honestly is there any team who would want anything to do with Rasho?

Everyone who watched him go for 18, 10, and 3 last year when Duncan was out, and needs a center (which is about 2/3 the league).

johnny00
12-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Plenty of teams would take a starting-quality center at below market value. Rasho is still a shot blocker with the talent to thrive in the right system (for him). And he makes less than most starting centers with half his talent.
I agree with most of your statement Spur, but how many systems will Rasho have to try to fit in before he becomes an overpaid journeyman?

exstatic
12-15-2004, 01:25 AM
I can't see Pop going after probably the only center in the NBA less motivated to succeed than Rasho.

Kori Ellis
12-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Rumor of the night: It's not often you see a coach say one of his players has been awful. But San Antonio's Gregg Popovich put that tag on center Rasho Nesterovic.

"I think he's been awful for a couple of weeks," Popovich said Thursday in the San Antonio Express-News.

Spurs scout Lance Blanks watched the Bulls play Saturday night, and there was talk he was focused on Bulls center Eddy Curry.

It's hard to imagine what the Spurs would have available to give in a trade for Curry, though, even with a third team involved.

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/main_story.asp?intid=38333126

xcoriate
12-15-2004, 01:43 AM
meh pop would light a rocket under his ass if he ever did get here, he'd get motivated quick

timvp
12-15-2004, 01:45 AM
If you can in any way get Eddy Curry for Rasho, you do it as fast as you can. Curry is unmotivated and still out of shape ... but make him workout and put him around quality people, and you have an all-star in less than three years.

I guarantee it.

ShoogarBear
12-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Oh man, timvp's dilemma: what to do if the Spurs get Eddy Curry (his lust-wish for the past year) AND Karl Malone . . .

OTOH, if Pop was trying to get max trade value for Rasho, he sure has a funny way of doing it.

timvp
12-15-2004, 02:00 AM
:flipoff Karl Malone

texbumTHElife
12-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Eddy Curry for Rasho is a steal in my opinion. In the times when Curry has been motivated and convinced he was going to get his touches he has shown flashes of being big time, not just big. He is the inside scoring threat we need to go along with Duncan. Curry would keep teams from doubling down on Tim because Curry is money within 5 ft, much like Shaq. I have wanted us to go after either Curry or Kwame for two years. I am a huge supporter of this trade, which is why I know it wont happen.

I wonder if we could get Kwame for Barry.....

ShoogarBear
12-15-2004, 02:29 AM
God, don't go anywhere near Kwame . . .

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-15-2004, 02:30 AM
A motivated Curry would be interesting to see in this lineup here.

My interest is piqued, now.

ShoogarBear
12-15-2004, 02:34 AM
The problem is that the Spurs, as currently constituted and even more with Malone, still remain the at this point the title favorites.

If you trade Rasho for Curry, will you be reducing the shot at winning this year in exchange for better chances in the next 3?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Yeah, but can we truthfully say Rasho's making a significant impact right now?

Significant? Probably not.

Some impact? Yeah.

IcemanCometh
12-15-2004, 02:38 AM
smoke screen, the spurs actually want tyson chandler

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-15-2004, 02:39 AM
The problem is this rumor is weaker than half the shit you see on the ESPN message boards, and it's up to 20 posts.

Kori Ellis
12-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Well seeing as Lance Blanks was watching Chicago and the Spurs aren't playing Chicago anytime soon, then they were probably looking at someone. It doesn't mean it's Eddy Curry and it doesn't mean they have a shot at him though.

ShoogarBear
12-15-2004, 02:44 AM
It's not really a Rasho's significance.

It's the significance of having a stable lineup of players familiar with each other through the season and playoffs.

You have a bigger talent with Curry, but realistically the familiarity won't be there until next year.

It's not like he's Rasheed Wallace, who was a fully developed veteran player when he joined the Pistons last year.

texbumTHElife
12-15-2004, 02:46 AM
The problem is this rumor is weaker than half the shit you see on the ESPN message boards, and it's up to 20 posts.

Agreed, we arent the kind of organization that makes blockbuster trades. Period end of discussion. I am doomed to be a fan of two of the most boring franchises when it comes to roster moves(Cowboys and Spurs). I am greatful however to be a fan of a team who as boring as they may be at times is a winner year in and year out.

Another plus to signing Curry is his age. If he didnt turn the corner for us and become a great big man it would pay dividends if we kept him around after Timmy retired. I know that time is still far off but, Curry is considerabely younger than TD.

Gooshie
12-15-2004, 02:59 AM
The Bulls were playing Minnesota that night, and the Spurs do play the T-Pups next week, so maybe Blanks was scouting them.

But...just for kicks, let's assume he was watching either Curry or Chandler. If in fact the Spurs are serious about trying to trade for one of them, I would have to imagine the rights to Luis Scola would have to be a part of the deal. He is the Spurs' best trade piece at this point, and you have to give up something to get something. Also, Bulls GM John Paxson already signed Argentine Andres Nocioni, and Scola may have caught his eye this summer when he was scouting Nocioni.

So, a package of Scola, either Rose or Rasho, and a first round pick might get the deal done. Of course, Rose or Rasho would probably be sent to another team, who would then send something of value back to Da Bulls.

Personally, I would rather keep Rasho and deal Rose - especially if the Mailman is on his way. Reason being is the Spurs look awfully small at times when Tim and Rasho are both out of the game. Having 3 legit big men on your roster is never a bad thing. This would make Rasho the highest paid back-up center in the league, however.

timvp
12-15-2004, 03:10 AM
If in fact the Spurs are serious about trying to trade for one of them, I would have to imagine the rights to Luis Scola would have to be a part of the deal. He is the Spurs' best trade piece at this point, and you have to give up something to get something. Also, Bulls GM John Paxson already signed Argentine Andres Nocioni, and Scola may have caught his eye this summer when he was scouting Nocioni.

You may be on to something. This may also explain why RC Buford has been in Europe recently. Perhaps with Paxson to see how much it will cost the Bulls to buyout Scola?

Makes sense to me.

Good thoughts.

Gooshie
12-15-2004, 03:22 AM
That's right - I forgot RC was in Europe recently.

Now that I think of it even more, Scola would probably be an ideal fit with the Bulls. Chandler and Curry do not play well together because neither of them pass well out of the post (check out their horrible assist numbers). If you combine Scola with Chandler, I believe Tyson's game would really start to take off cuz Scola would find him for some easy hoops from time to time. Right now, Chandler is getting ALL of his points via his excellent offensive rebounding. And he's still averaging almost a double double. Now imagine if he were to get a few easy baskets a game. We're talking 18 and 10 a night.

A line-up of Hinrich-Gordon-Nocioni/Deng-Scola-Chandler looks good to me. They could get by with a Chandler/Scola combo in the East, although one more 7 footer would help (Rasho??).

Conversely, I don't think a lineup of Scola and Curry would work because neither of them can do the dirty work like Chandler can, and they both like playing with their backs to the basket, so they could get in each other's way.

Dalamar_the_Dark
12-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Hello. Pop isnt going to trade Rasho for Curry. No way. Neither will Rose go cause of his contract unless Isiah is in the mood.

Why does everyone think that they were scouting Curry or Chandler? I think they could have been scouting either Ben Gordon or Chris Duhon cause of the difficult of the Bulls to get either much significant playing time. More probably Chris Duhon cause he is more of a pass first PG and may be able to fit into a backup role. But Gordon could be the scorer that Pop could consider cause that guy can shoot as well though not consistently yet. Or maybe even Loul Deng? That guy is long and can score though defensive hes not there yet but with lots of upside.

Right now the Bulls have a lot of players with a lot of upside. And Paxson needs to get creative to rebuild the Bulls. But of late they have shown signs that they are going in the right direction and can compete night in and out.

exstatic
12-15-2004, 03:59 AM
meh pop would light a rocket under his ass if he ever did get here, he'd get motivated quick
People thought the same way about getting Rasho. Didn't happen.

The most distressing thing to me is how out of shape Curry is for someone his age. At times, they have had to play him in 2-3 minute spurts, because he was out of breath. WTF? Rasho isn't a sprinter, but he can finish on the break on occasion as the trailer, and play more than a couple of minutes. Curry also strikes me as someone with a fairly low bball IQ. The Spurs don't usually gravitate towards those types.

Tek_XX
12-15-2004, 04:07 AM
The Spurs are 17-5, and are fine. No trade needed. Seriously what do y'all want from Rasho, the guy's just a big lug feeling up the paint, blocking the occasional shot. Yeah he can play better and i'm willing to give him time.

whottt
12-15-2004, 04:18 AM
Malone for Chandler

PM5K
12-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Malone for Chandler

That's funny because I was thinking the same thing.

I've been reading all these posts from people who are dead-set against signing Malone and my thought are that like him or not you don't turn down a hall of fame player when you can sign him for next to nothing, even if it means trading him down the line to another team he would have never signed with.....

Gummi
12-15-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that Malone will sign a contract with no trade clause in it. And Pop would never do that to Malone. Bring him over and then trade him to one of the worst teams in the league. That's not going to happen.

I'm pretty sure they're not looking at a PG like Duhan. Does Parker and Udrih ring a bell. Duhon is starting and playing 25 minutes a night and you think Pop wants to bring him here to play 2 minutes of garbage time. Nah. Not happening.

It's most definatly Curry, or maybe it's Othella Harrington because he has an expiring contract after this season. Or maybe Harrington and Piatkowski for Rose, the salaries almost match and that would erase Rose's contract.

Curry has much more potential then Rasho and if Pop thinks Curry and Duncan can work and Duncan wants it, they'll try to make that happen.

But there's one thing that bothers me and it's that Curry's contract is up after this season (actually he has a qualifying offer after this season) and what I've read he's looking for a MAX deal after this season. He pushed hard for it this offseason when he could've signed a contract extension. The Spurs would never give him that.

Mr. Body
12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Not a single idea in this thread makes sense. The Spurs don't need a point guard. Karl Malone, signed with San Antonio, would never be traded - do you realize what kind of precedent that would set? It'd kill all the good-will the team has developed for itself in dealing with personnel. I'm really thankful sometimes lots of people are not involved in management.

The rest of it, I'd be highly surprised anything happens. Since when do the Spurs ever make trades during the season? I'm sure there are examples, but certainly nothing to disturb any of the most important pieces on the team. It would be ludicrous, besides, to mess up one of the clear favorites to get to the title series. Considering Malone is bad enough, from a chemistry stand-point, and he's a Hall of Famer proven time and again to be a good team guy. Considering some young punk who has never shown any ability to win games, that's just stupid.

Sheesh, people.

Solid D
12-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Aw come on. Can't a scout do his job? Minnesota is coming in on the 23rd.

Besides, anyone the Spurs would want to bring in, they would either not work out or not want to stay due to the Spurs' "System", right?

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 09:44 AM
If true...

Spurs only make such a move with Malone on his way. The Spurs would basically be test driving Curry to see if he's worth a long term deal. If he doesn't work out then they would have the opportunity to attempt to force a sign and trade to get something in return. I'm not sure, but they would pretty much be capped out even without Rasho's contract so free agency wouldn't be much of an option.

Even with my antipathy towards Rasho, he's a known quantity. Curry is not. He could come to SA and turn around his career. Or he could continue on his path to mediocrity and frustrate the Spurs to no end.

But Rasho has been doing a little bit of that himself.

The Spurs currently are on the hook for 4 years and $30 mil to Rasho after this season. It might look tempting to move that and take a look at Curry. The risk would lie in Curry being unworthy of retaining past this season.

As for Scola, I'd be skeptical of the Spurs moving him and Rasho because Scola would be insurance in this scenario.

ducks
12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
curry and chandlers contract's are soonj out

spurs would get rid of a long term contract

alot of people last year thought it was going to be rose
looks like rasho is going to go instead

Sec24Row7
12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
hmmm interesting...

Curry has one year left on his contract... you dump Rasho's...

Don't forget that Ilgauskus is a free agent at the end of this year as well.

ducks
12-15-2004, 10:07 AM
rasho and barry could be involved

barry has proven he can not play d

it is alittle early but I could see barry part of this if they really want to get rid of rasho

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Whatever move the Spurs make, I would be surprised to see them not leave themselves an out so that they aren't totally screwed should the player they acquire not pan out.

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 10:09 AM
No ducks, the Spurs have to keep Barry so they can land Steve Smith.

ducks
12-15-2004, 10:20 AM
steve smith helped spurs more then barry so far

he helped the other shooters

he got tp shooting on track

Slo spurs fan
12-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Don't trade Rasho PLEASE! :cry :cry :cry

violentkitten
12-15-2004, 10:57 AM
theres no crying in basketball

whottt
12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Can we ban ducks?

Suggesting that the Spurs should get Smitty is just about one of the most disgusting things anyone has ever said on these forums.

ducks
12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
smith did more then barry did so far

IcemanCometh
keep in mind if the spurs dump rasho they still will not have cap room to sign a replacement next year if we lose the person we trade him for

ducks
atleast he went off against portland

Solid D
12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Paleontologist goes to river bed taking notes
Tourist observes paleontologist taking notes
Tourist tells friends a T-Rex has been rumored to be found in tact.
Friends tell friends.

Mr. Body
12-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Can I remind everyone this thread is all speculation based on an entirely unfounded, unsubstantiated rumor somebody dropped to start it?

It seems people have to throw up some utterly unlikely trade idea whenever the season hits a dead spot. It's pretty lame.

tekdragon
12-15-2004, 11:27 AM
All I have to say is that of all the potential trade possibilities presented here, not one of them could even remotely be considered a "blockbuster".

whottt
12-15-2004, 11:29 AM
keep in mind if the spurs dump rasho they still will not have cap room to sign a replacement next year if we lose the person we trade him for

The voice of reason...No way do the Spurs take that risk. Pop's not that unhappy with Rasho, he's not going to risk his defense being ruined for the next 4 years. Bird rights or not.

I could see them moving Malik though, going with Malone and Horry the rest of this season...bringing in Scola next season...Or going with Marks and Horry next season if Scola is part of the deal. And call it a hunch but I have a feeling Malik is Skiles kind of player. If they were to do a trade I think Malik would be a part of it more than any other player.

Solid D
12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Paleontologist goes to river bed taking notes
Tourist observes paleontologist taking notes
Tourist tells friends a T-Rex has been rumored to be found in tact.
Friends tell friends.

http://chiron.valdosta.edu/djudd/Rundino.gif

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
ttthe belattted "voice of reason" whottt.

Spurs only make such a move with Malone on his way. The Spurs would basically be test driving Curry to see if he's worth a long term deal. If he doesn't work out then they would have the opportunity to attempt to force a sign and trade to get something in return. I'm not sure, but they would pretty much be capped out even without Rasho's contract so free agency wouldn't be much of an option.

ducks
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
spurs would have bird rights to the player they have though
they could go over the cap but will they

rember no luxcury tax most liley in to cba

whottt
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM

Curry could also demand the max or get offered more money than the Spurs want to pay...Just because the Spurs might be willing to go over the cap doesn't mean they are willing to sign a bad contract or have that situation held over their head.

Curry's not that much(max deal) better than Rasho.

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM

Yikes, is that supposed to be in English?

whottt
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
IMO, if the Spurs do a trade it will be to clear wallet room for Devin, not to get a new starter.

IcemanCometh
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Also keep in mind, this may very well be a cost cutting move by the Spurs front office.

ducks
12-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Yikes, is that supposed to be in English?

NO ! DUCK :lol

Rick Von Braun
12-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok, here is my opinion:

Curry is one of the most (if not the most, period) unmotivated players in the NBA that gets significant minutes on the court. If you thought Olowakandi was bad, you should see Curry play. He doesn't like playing basketball, he is on the court just for the money. I can guarantee you that after watching him playing the last 3 years, neither Pop, nor any other coach in this league will motivate him. In addition, he has zero, zip, nil, nada, none, basketball IQ. He is soo bad at making decisions on the court, that you wonder if his basketball IQ is actually brilliant, because he has close to negative 1 correlation of good decisions (you have to be very good to be that bad).

However, he does have the physical presence and athletic ability that may entice some teams to take risks (same thing could be said of Olowakandi). Potential is what most teams might buy: he might be good under the right system, he may improve, he could potentially be a great player, blah blah. Chicago Bulls fans are sick of the potential, and would gladly get rid of Curry for some quality players.

For the Spurs this trade is a bad proposition, because it will take more than one year for Curry to learn the system and start being productive (and this is the best case scenario). With all the shortcoming Rasho has (which are not few), he still would be much more productive than Curry, at the very least, for this year.

For those who think this is a cap relief, think again. If Curry leaves after this year in the free agency, the Spurs will still be over the cap, even after getting rid of Rasho's salary. In addition, we really don't know what will happen with the new CBA, so this point is moot.

I think in retrospect, Pop made a strategic error in going after Rasho and not Brad Miller (someone I wanted the Spurs to go after as strong as possible, back in the days). That would probably have meant no Brent Barry this year, but it may have also meant another championship ring last year, and probably another one for this year as well. The difference in salary is in the order of ~1.6M this year. Replace Rasho for Brad Miller on this team, and we have a dynasty.

Jimcs50
12-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Curry is the newer version of James Donaldson....all potential, no fire, no drive, totally unmotivated to excell to that potential.

whottt
12-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Ok, here is my opinion:
Brad Miller

I kinda wondered why the Spurs weren't more interested in Brad Miller as well...Forget Miller's offense, you'd think Pop would love a guy that isn't afraid to go and hammer the crud out of Shaq.

The main reason I think Pop didn't go after Miller...he aleady knew he had Rasho and he thought he had Jason Kidd. Remember, Pop went and worked out the deal with Rasho before Jason Kidd had even visited SA.

IIRC I think the Spurs had it worked out so they could sign Rasho and Jason Kidd.

So that was the plan...Kidd and Rasho. They probably figured Miller was out of their price range to sign and still get Kidd, and didn't want to waste time negotiating with him and lose out on Rasho...a guy willing to take less. They probably also expected they were going to be able to sign Jax using early bird rights...

So the core of the team that was planned was...Parker, Manu, Malik, Bruce, Duncan, Rasho, Jason Kidd, Stephen Jackson...

Then this summer we would have lost Manu...and Parker would have been more bitter than Jaques Chirac...

Nikos
12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Eddy Curry = Kevin Duckworth?

picnroll
12-15-2004, 12:21 PM
The donuts Beno brings to games have a higher bball IQ than Curry.

Solid D
12-15-2004, 12:25 PM
:lol, that's cold pic'.

Kori Ellis
12-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Can I remind everyone this thread is all speculation based on an entirely unfounded, unsubstantiated rumor somebody dropped to start it?

It seems people have to throw up some utterly unlikely trade idea whenever the season hits a dead spot. It's pretty lame.

Yes everyone knows that it's pure speculation that was in a Chicago newspaper. It's just fun conversation. If you think it's "lame", please just don't participate.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Eddy Curry = Kevin Duckworth?

Damn, I had forgotten all about the Duck! :lol

Actually Duckworth would probably be a pretty good center by today's standards. He wasn't the most mobile guy, but he was a widebody and a pretty decent shooter. I think Curry has more potential than the Duck ever had.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Rasho for Curry? That's like trading a pizza for a round, flat piece of dough covered in sauce, cheese, and assorted meat and vegetables. Assuming that this thing goes through neither club gains anything in particular and both teams lose money having to make new jerseys. Besides, for as little as Pop may like Rasho right now, does he really hate him enough to send him to Chicago?

T Park
12-15-2004, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE]Curry also strikes me as someone with a fairly low bball IQ. The Spurs don't usually gravitate towards those types.[QUOTE]

It could be argued Malik has a low PLAYING IQ, but other than that, yeah I agree.

Ron Mercer's IQ was lower than mine too, wich tells alot.

Karl Mundt
12-15-2004, 01:38 PM
This is all based on three facts: 1. Pop calling Rasho "awful" a week ago, 2. Bulls trying to trade Curry, 3. a Spurs scout at a Minnesota-Bulls game.

1. If you believe in Pop trading Rasho because he thought he was awful the last couple of weeks, then how many times would Parker have been traded already? Pop is often brutal to players, sometimes even through the media. Also you may have your opinions on how much good/bad Rasho brings to the game, but everyone knows Rasho is Pop's favourite player on the team (even Tony said it when he was asked the question). Whoever started this rumour must have very little insight into the Spurs organization.

2. There are sometimes players who have the talent but not the will to work on transforming that talent into actual skill. Some GM's will gamble on a players potential and keep their fingers crossed he changes somewhere down the road. As said above, there were a lot of people for a long time claiming that about Olowokandi, even as far as only two seasons ago, many people wanted him here. So far I don't see any indication Curry won't go down the same path as Olowokandi, and i doubt many coaches do either, this is why the Bulls have given up on him. If a guy has a problem with his weight at 22 (and i believe this didn't start this season), i wouldn't count on Pop changing him into a workoholic.

3. Minnesota are playing the Spurs soon. They are also probably percieved as their biggest rivals this year.

I know it's fun speculating trades during the long season, but i wonder if some people really believe this is actually going to happen.

Mr. Body
12-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Yes everyone knows that it's pure speculation that was in a Chicago newspaper. It's just fun conversation. If you think it's "lame", please just don't participate.

I'll bow out of the thread. It just looked familiar to what "That Other Message Board" does: drop willfully misleading or false news in order to drum up message posts.

But as long as everyone's just playing with ideas and having fun, I'll quietly remove myself to the nearest "Malone, Good or Not?" thread.

:angel

Kori Ellis
12-15-2004, 01:42 PM
How is it "willfully misleading or false news"? It was written in a paper in Chicago. And no one posted it to create hit counts. They posted it because it's Spurs-related. We don't make money off this forum (notice, no ads) so hit counts don't do much.

T Park
12-15-2004, 01:45 PM
There are sometimes players who have the talent but not the will to work on transforming that talent into actual skill.

You could say that about alot of guys.

Samaki Walker being one of em.

whottt
12-15-2004, 01:48 PM
It could be argued Malik has a low PLAYING IQ, but other than that, yeah I agree.

Malik has toughness,desire, drive to improve his game, and heart.

Curry has none of those things...or a high basketball IQ.

The only things he has that Malik doesn't are size, talent, and the unwillingness to use them.

There are not a lot of 6'5 PF/C in the NBA...and I'd be willing to bet Malik ranks at the top of that list.

Mr. Body
12-15-2004, 01:51 PM
How is it "willfully misleading or false news"?

I meant the other site, not what was happening here.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Here's more food for thought... The Bulls and Warriors have also been rumored as having talks involving Dunleavy, the problem was finding a third party to balance out the salary side of things.

We could very well be a party to a deal like that getting done. Since the rumors hit about Dunleavy he's been playing 40 minutes a night, up from his 34 earlier this year (and that's with Pietrus back from the injured list).

Just thought I'd throw out another subplot :)

ChumpDumper
12-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Excellent thought AHF. Straight up swaps with Chitown aren't making a ton of sense. I wouldn't be shocked if Memphis were involved either.

T Park
12-15-2004, 02:18 PM
I wouldnt mind Dunleavy.

That seems to work.

Although, I honestly cant see the Spurs bringing in ANOTHER swingman.

Spurminator
12-15-2004, 02:19 PM
We wouldn't get Dunleavy. He'd go to the Bulls. We'd play a similar role to the trade that got us Hedo and Mercer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Tpark, we wouldn't be getting Dunleavy. We'd be taking someone from the Bulls.

boutons
12-15-2004, 03:03 PM
If it's not the current roster, then does it have to be players? Coaches?

PJ gets a head job somewhere (but the somewhere team would be making the announcement, not Spurs)?

Pop retires for medical reasons ("I need to spend a lot more time with my ... hair"), and PJ is new head coach?

:)

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Perhaps we're picking up Stockton as a towl boy to make Karl feel more at home?

boutons
12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
5PM on TV? channel?

texbumTHElife
12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
I am sure it will break on the radio, maybe during the "roud table" discussions on STSA before it breaks on TV. Unfortunately I will be stuck in a bar at 5pm..... on the wrong side of the bar. Fortunately we have TV's so atleast I will get to see Sean standing with his #32 one more time.

wildbill2u
12-15-2004, 03:57 PM
I suggest that the speculation about a trade should center on Malik. It's his contract that seems to be a serious sticking point in the Spurs FO. so that puts him in the worst position as far as a trade goes.

Let's consider Chicago. I've been reading since training camp that they were fed up with Curry and his lackadaisical attitude. At first there were signs he had reformed--but those quickly gave way to old habits.

Since neither team seems to be perfectly happy with these current players, some kind of a trade might seem to be of benefit to their respective coaches and FOs.