PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion is a whiny bitch

Findog
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97213

The Phoenix Suns love Shawn Marion, the basketball player. They treasure his versatility, his unselfishness and his ability to cover everyone from point guards to centers. He’s a freak, in a good way.

Read Scott Bordow's blog

The Suns aren’t thrilled, however, with Shawn Marion, the businessman, and that’s why the Marion for Andrei Kirilenko trade rumor can’t be summarily dismissed.

The Suns don’t want to trade Marion. They know their best chance to win a championship this season is to keep the Marion-Steve Nash-Amaré Stoudemire triumvirate together.

But Marion’s constant whining about being third in the pecking order is wearing on the Suns. They’re tired of hearing how he’s not respected when he’ll make the most money on the team this season ($16.4 million), he led Phoenix in minutes played last year and took 100 more shots than Nash and 16 more than Stoudemire.

Not to mention the three straight All-Star appearances, the invitation to play for the Olympic team, the Nike Air Force 25 commercial in which he gets equal billing with Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, and the cover of ESPN The Magazine.

We should all be so disrespected.

It’s been suggested that the Suns want to trade Marion because they think he’ll opt out of his contract after this season and become a free agent, leaving them empty-handed. Actually, Phoenix isn’t worried about that at all. As good as Marion is, no team is going to give him a contract that starts at $17.8 million (his salary for the 2007-08 season). That kind of money is reserved for superstars. And for all of Marion’s talents, he’s a complementary player, not someone who can lead a team.

But there is concern among the Suns coaching staff and front office that Marion’s grousing will become even louder if Grant Hill gets some of his shots and publicity.

Already, Marion’s jealousy of Stoudemire threatens the chemistry in the locker room. A Slam magazine reporter recently asked Marion if he was watching Stoudemire in the FIBA Americas tournament in Las Vegas. “Nope,” Marion said. Then he sat there, silent, until the next question was asked.

As much of a pain as Marion can be sometimes, though, trading him for Kirilenko is a bad idea. Kirilenko may be younger (26) and taller (6-foot-9 to Marion’s 6-7), but he can’t touch Marion as a player. Kirilenko’s best season statistically was in 2003-04, when he averaged 16.5 points and 8.1 rebounds per game. Marion’s numbers dipped last season because of Stoudemire’s return, but he still averaged 17.5 points and 9.8 rebounds per contest.

And if the Suns are worried about Marion’s attitude, why would they covet Kirilenko when he whined last season about his reduced role? If he wasn’t happy playing a supporting role to Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams, why would he be content taking a back seat to Nash, Stoudemire and Hill? A Suns source said Tuesday that while trade talks have been tabled for now, they might be reopened if Utah is willing to take on another contract, say, the $17.2 million still owed Marcus Banks.

Let’s hope the phone call is never made. Let’s hope Marion comes to his senses and understands he’s in the perfect situation, where his unique talents are showcased and his deficiencies hidden. Let’s hope the Suns aren’t so interested in dumping Banks that they weaken their team.

Odds are Marion will be with the Suns when they open the season in October. But stay tuned. This story might not have a happy ending.

Keep in mind that Marion is their highest-paid player, he played the most minutes and he had the highest number of field-goal attempts of any Sun. WTF is wrong with this guy?

duncan228
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Keep in mind that Marion is their highest-paid player, he played the most minutes and he had the highest number of field-goal attempts of any Sun. WTF is wrong with this guy?

It boggles the mind.
Whining like he does is a cancer in the locker room, never mind on the court.

I can't begin to understand what he wants. Top billing? Ego can be a dangerous thing.

Oh...and cue the Suns fans saying we can't get enough of their team because another Suns thread is posted! :lol

Findog
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
It boggles the mind.

I can't begin to understand what he wants. Top billing? Ego can be a dangerous thing.

Oh...and cue the Suns fans saying we can't get enough of their team because another Suns thread is posted! :lol

da_suns_fan keeps going on and on about Steve Nash's "leadership" in the Devin Harris thread. Steve Nash could be George Patton reincarnated and it wouldnt matter with these assclowns. When it comes to poise and maturity, do you want to have to depend on Amare and Marion? They're wasting Nash's prime. He's got one, two years tops at the level he's playing at.

JamStone
09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
He is a whiny bitch, but I think where he feels the most slighted is that he really doesn't have any offensive plays called for him. The overwhelming majority of his points come in transition, offensive rebounding, and kickouts or swings as a secondary option. The offense revolves around the pick-and-roll with Steve Nash and Amare. I think the root of Marion's jealousy, whether warranted or not, is somehow tied into the fact that he is rarely if ever a primary scoring option. He is an afterthought, a second option at best.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a whiny little bitch. But, I don't think it's about him getting paid more or getting more pub. I think he wants to be a focal point of the offense.

He's still a bitch though.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
You want respect? Step 1 is not being reduced to a non-factor in playoff series where you team gets eliminated.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
The Spurs mode of operation is Team Play.
One man, not even Tim Duncan, wins it alone.

You would think that due to the Spurs formula being a success other players would take note and check their ego at the door.

You want to be the focus of the offense? Do you think that's going to get your team over the hump? Maybe he does...

JamStone
09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
The Spurs mode of operation is Team Play.
One man, not even Tim Duncan, wins it alone.

You would think that due to the Spurs formula being a success other players would take note and check their ego at the door.

You want to be the focus of the offense? Do you think that's going to get your team over the hump? Maybe he does...

However, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Hakeem Olajuwon refute that argument. Some players will always want to be the superstar that is the reason for ultimate championship success. Very few superstar players are as humble and as unselfish as Tim Duncan. Consequently, great players still have an incessant ego about how great they are and what a team should do to cater to them.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
However, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Hakeem Olajuwon refute that argument. Some players will always want to be the superstar that is the reason for ultimate championship success. Very few superstar players are as humble and as unselfish as Tim Duncan. Consequently, great players still have an incessant ego about how great they are and what a team should do to cater to them.

Jordan, Shaq and Hakeem had the goods to back up the ego.

My question is can Marion really think he can bring the Suns over the hump if he's more of a focus on offense?

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I think Jamstone is making some good points here, which speak to where Marion's attitude comes from. I look at that Spurs series and think to myself, "He couldn't find a way to assert himself against a strong defense." His view point seems to be, "If I had gotten the ball some more maybe we could have won." Maybe we're both wrong.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I like Marion. I think he's a great player.
But the whining kills me.

Keep it in the locker room. Talk to your coaches. Don't let it hit the press where we can all start second guessing him.

I agree, maybe we're all wrong and Marion's right. But settle it privately and show us on the court.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
I like Marion. I think he's a great player.
But the whining kills me.

Keep it in the locker room. Talk to your coaches. Don't let it hit the press where we can all start second guessing him.

I agree, maybe we're all wrong and Marion's right. But settle it privately and show us on the court.
:tu

JamStone
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM

My question is can Marion really think he can bring the Suns over the hump if he's more of a focus on offense?

I don't disagree. I'm not saying that Marion is justified in thinking in such a way, only that this is perhaps where his mentality comes from.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't disagree. I'm not saying that Marion is justified in thinking in such a way, only that this is perhaps where his mentality comes from.

Got it. :)

ducks
09-13-2007, 01:52 PM
marion might be sick of his name on the block ever summer

Dirk Nowitzki
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Last thing I want to see the Suns blow up this soon. I want it to be a 3 team race again between the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns. Trading Marion for AK is fucking stupid. That is a horrible deal on the Suns end. Plus I really want to play a healthy Suns team to see if we can actually eliminate them. I am tired of speculating on that. :madrun :madrun

K-State Spur
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
He is a whiny bitch, but I think where he feels the most slighted is that he really doesn't have any offensive plays called for him. The overwhelming majority of his points come in transition, offensive rebounding, and kickouts or swings as a secondary option. The offense revolves around the pick-and-roll with Steve Nash and Amare. I think the root of Marion's jealousy, whether warranted or not, is somehow tied into the fact that he is rarely if ever a primary scoring option. He is an afterthought, a second option at best.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a whiny little bitch. But, I don't think it's about him getting paid more or getting more pub. I think he wants to be a focal point of the offense.

yeah, it's hard to get plays called for you when your jumpshot looks like someone trying to sling shit off a stick.

lefty
09-13-2007, 04:50 PM

true

JMarkJohns
09-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Marion is a tragically flawed player. No matter how much he wants to believe he's capable of creating his own offense consistantly, he's simply not able. He hasn't the handle, nor the jumper form that will enable a quick, accurate release off the dribble. He is adequate in every offensive skill area, and makes his money off his athleticism, rebounding and defense. No amount of set plays run for him will change his attitude, either, I suspect. He's got a complex where if anything can be a slight, it is a slight.

He probably blames the Phoenix PR department for his jersey sales being #3 behind Nash and Amare.

I love Marion's game. I do wish he was a bit more complete an offensive player, one capable of periodically generating offense, but if he hasn't developed by now then it's already too late.

I just needs to shut up, suck it up, get back in shape, on the court and work his ass off. No amount of pouting is going to endear him to team's with money. What he fails to see is every year of whining is probably another team with money who's lost interest. Phoenix is his perfect situation. One might ask, "If he can't stand perfection, then how the hell will he stand us?"

The Franchise
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Shawn Marion is a damn idiot. I feel for nash having to tolerate this ass. First option? BITCH PLEASE!!!!!

The Franchise
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
They should trade that ho to Atlanta so that he can be the captain on a sunken ship.

ducks
09-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Shawn Marion is a damn idiot. I feel for nash having to tolerate this ass. First option? BITCH PLEASE!!!!!
he chose to go to suns he was not forced their why feel sorry for him

TDMVPDPOY
09-13-2007, 09:37 PM
shawn marion is overrated

they love to talk about his defense, i dont give a shit if his versatile and defense all 5 positions, yet i still havnt seen him shut down anyone yet....

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-13-2007, 10:03 PM
He should just get bought out and sign for the minimum here. :stirpot:

SpursIndonesia
09-14-2007, 05:31 AM
I just can't understand his psyche, why can't he be grateful for what he has, and working upon that on the court rather than running his mouth open and sinking into a sea of envious feeling ?

He's pretty well paid -rather overpaid for what his market value should be, in a respectable spotlight fact that he's been a perennial all star for the last few yrs, his team is consistently challenging for championship, a VERY, very ideal situation for him.

Does he really feel deep inside that he's actually higher than Stoudamire, or worse, Nash in the Suns importance list ? Simply unbelievable.

Avitus1
09-14-2007, 06:13 AM
What a way to show your team how much you love working with them.

Shred
09-14-2007, 06:43 AM
It boggles the mind.

You all are like clockwork.

Shred
09-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Last thing I want to see the Suns blow up this soon. I want it to be a 3 team race again between the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns. Trading Marion for AK is fucking stupid. That is a horrible deal on the Suns end. Plus I really want to play a healthy Suns team to see if we can actually eliminate them. I am tired of speculating on that. :madrun :madrun

Work on getting past the 8-seed first. Horse, then cart. Hatch the eggs, then count.

Shred
09-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Marion is a tragically flawed player. No matter how much he wants to believe he's capable of creating his own offense consistantly, he's simply not able. He hasn't the handle, nor the jumper form that will enable a quick, accurate release off the dribble. He is adequate in every offensive skill area, and makes his money off his athleticism, rebounding and defense. No amount of set plays run for him will change his attitude, either, I suspect. He's got a complex where if anything can be a slight, it is a slight.

He probably blames the Phoenix PR department for his jersey sales being #3 behind Nash and Amare.

I love Marion's game. I do wish he was a bit more complete an offensive player, one capable of periodically generating offense, but if he hasn't developed by now then it's already too late.

I just needs to shut up, suck it up, get back in shape, on the court and work his ass off. No amount of pouting is going to endear him to team's with money. What he fails to see is every year of whining is probably another team with money who's lost interest. Phoenix is his perfect situation. One might ask, "If he can't stand perfection, then how the hell will he stand us?"

You're right about his game, but what we're reading about his attitude (and why we're reading about it now as opposed to in recent years when they've tried to trade him) is more a function of Suns management preparing the fan base for the impending blowup of the roster and slide out of contention....Everyone will blame Shawn for the team's breakup and downfall, instead of the team's own unwillingness to re-sign Kurt Thomas and build up through the draft over the past 4-5 years.

Findog
09-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Work on getting past the 8-seed first. Horse, then cart. Hatch the eggs, then count.

Work on beating San Antonio, then making a Finals. Walk, then run. Congratulations on beating Kobe Bryant and 10 D-Leaguers last year, and making it one round further than we did. Very impressive.

monosylab1k
09-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Work on beating San Antonio, then making a Finals. Walk, then run. Congratulations on beating Kobe Bryant and 10 D-Leaguers last year, and making it one round further than we did. Very impressive.
I love idiot Suns fans who think one playoff stumble means we have to start from scratch. This Mavs team has still accomplished much more than the Suns, and is still much closer to a championship.

Losing in 6 to Golden State is more impressive than allowing that shithole of a Lakers team to take you 7. Last year's Florida Gators would have beaten that Lakers team in 6 or less.

monosylab1k
09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
You all are like clockwork.

irony?

Findog
09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
I love idiot Suns fans who think one playoff stumble means we have to start from scratch.

Haven't you heard? The Mavs are psychologically broken and need to be dismantled. Spurs and Suns fans would love for Cuban to go into that briar patch.

JamStone
09-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Losing in 6 to Golden State is more impressive than allowing that shithole of a Lakers team to take you 7. Last year's Florida Gators would have beaten that Lakers team in 6 or less.

Losing is more impressive than winning?

:smokin

Findog
09-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Losing is more impressive than winning?

:smokin

Losing to a good team versus barely beating a crap team. Yeah, I'd say so.

JamStone
09-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Sorry, losing in the first round to an 8 seed when your team had the best record in the league is NEVER impressive.

Findog
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry, losing in the first round to an 8 seed when your team had the best record in the league is NEVER impressive.

Did I or mono say it was impressive? Only point is that Suns have no reason to brag over beating a shit team. Golden State was much better than the Lakers.

monosylab1k
09-14-2007, 12:04 PM

How about if I change "more impressive" to "less pathetic". Happy now?

Also, to Phoenix's credit, they were able to win the series they played against a one-man team.

ShoogarBear
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Haven't you heard? The Mavs are psychologically broken and need to be dismantled. Spurs and Suns fans would love for Cuban to go into that briar patch.I would settle for him just picking up Chris Webber.

Findog
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I would settle for him just picking up Chris Webber.

Would you rather have him or KVH or Austin Croshere?

ShoogarBear
09-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Would you rather have him or KVH or Austin Croshere?All three inspire about the same level of playoff confidence.

Findog
09-14-2007, 02:50 PM
All three inspire about the same level of playoff confidence.

Webber's a better player than both of them. He could've helped us against Golden State with his passing.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I love Marion's game. Alot of hustle, does the dirty work, good defense, and versatility.

However, I hate how he whines, shrinks from contact, and wilts under pressure. I think he's as soft as cotton, and it's really starting to wear thin. His mental game really personifies everything that's wrong with Phoenix right now. That's why although it's a downgrade in talent, I wouldn't mind the AK for Marion trade, and I was ecstatic when earlier in the offseason there was rumors of him going to Detroit for 'Sheed.

exstatic
09-14-2007, 11:54 PM
PHO should have dumped Marion's salary and kept Joe Johnson in 2005.

Shred
09-15-2007, 12:57 AM

Excuse me, dumbass, but my post explained why the Suns won't be making any bid for the WC title (provided they don't out-bid the Spurs for favors from the refs this season). Mavs fans are the only ones around here guilty of spending money before it's been earned.

Shred
09-15-2007, 12:59 AM
I love idiot Suns fans who think one playoff stumble means we have to start from scratch. This Mavs team has still accomplished much more than the Suns, and is still much closer to a championship.

Worst. MVP. Evar.

Trainwreck2100
09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Webber's a better player than both of them. He could've helped us against Golden State with his passing.

They needed a low post presence for that series

K-State Spur
09-15-2007, 01:44 AM
You're right about his game, but what we're reading about his attitude (and why we're reading about it now as opposed to in recent years when they've tried to trade him) is more a function of Suns management preparing the fan base for the impending blowup of the roster and slide out of contention....Everyone will blame Shawn for the team's breakup and downfall, instead of the team's own unwillingness to re-sign Kurt Thomas and build up through the draft over the past 4-5 years.

What do you mean failing to re-sign Thomas? You had him under contract and moved him anyways.

anakha
09-15-2007, 01:58 AM
That's why although it's a downgrade in talent, I wouldn't mind the AK for Marion trade

I love Marion's game. Alot of hustle, does the dirty work, good defense, and versatility.

However, I hate how he whines, shrinks from contact, and wilts under pressure. I think he's as soft as cotton, and it's really starting to wear thin.

Skills and how well either would fit on the team aside, wouldn't the knock on Marion mentally be the same as on Kirilenko?

AK47's proven himself to be a malcontent as well this past season, and if you are looking to rid yourself of someone who caves under pressure, he's not the guy you want.

yourcheatinheart
09-15-2007, 03:36 AM

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/bullshit.jpg :toast

SpursIndonesia
09-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Well, with AK47, atleast it's a new start, a fresh air for both parties involved. Perhaps Nash can rub him the right way, and D'Antoni can baby sit him better than Sloan ? Who knows.

One thing for sure, if you can't be happy about your role in the team while having a PG of Nash caliber leading the way, then that particular player is simply HOPELESS for the team sake.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Skills and how well either would fit on the team aside, wouldn't the knock on Marion mentally be the same as on Kirilenko?

AK47's proven himself to be a malcontent as well this past season, and if you are looking to rid yourself of someone who caves under pressure, he's not the guy you want.

I don't think that AK has the same primadonna attitude in that he constantly bitches about being disrespected and not having plays run for him.

Shred
09-15-2007, 12:56 PM
What do you mean failing to re-sign Thomas? You had him under contract and moved him anyways.

You're right. Should read, failing to take on the final year of his contract.

Findog
09-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Excuse me, dumbass, but my post explained why the Suns won't be making any bid for the WC title (provided they don't out-bid the Spurs for favors from the refs this season). Mavs fans are the only ones around here guilty of spending money before it's been earned.

You're the idiot if you think Tim Donaghy cost your team a series win against San Antonio. Your post was chastising Mavs fans for our team losing to an 8-seed. I'm sorry, but beating the Lakers last year doesn't impress at all. Phoenix didn't accomplish anything of substance last year that Dallas didn't.

Findog
09-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Worst. MVP. Evar.

No, that would be Nash. He leaves Dallas, they get nothing back for him expect his salary slot to use on a mediocre big, and they get better. Lakers get Lamar Odom and Caron Butler for Shaq, and they go from the Finals to out of the playoffs.

Findog
09-15-2007, 01:07 PM
They needed a low post presence for that series

That or somebody who can create shot opportunities for his teammates. He has one leg and can't play D, but Webber is an excellent passer.

monosylab1k
09-15-2007, 01:08 PM

it might work since maybe what both of those guys need is just a change of scenery. Although if you could get his attitude right, i'd much rather have Marion.

monosylab1k
09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
how can Kirilenko have the right to be pissed about anything in life? His wife give him a free pass at gettin the strange.

MrChug
09-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I never liked Marion EVER. I can't stand looking at his oversized head and alien face. Despite his numbers he truly has no distinct discernable skill that strikes the fear into opponents.

Even when the "Let's trade _____ for Marion" fucks came out the thought of it made me sick. In...fact...I'm feeling a...little...

Behlllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :vomit:

ShoogarBear
09-15-2007, 04:49 PM
That or somebody who can create shot opportunities for his teammates. He has one leg and can't play D, but Webber is an excellent passer.I don't see any way that Webb could have helped Dallas beat GS. Look at what Utah did to GS with Boozer. That's what the Mavs needed.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
how can Kirilenko have the right to be pissed about anything in life? His wife give him a free pass at gettin the strange.
:lol

Johnny RIngo
09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
No, that would be Nash. He leaves Dallas, they get nothing back for him expect his salary slot to use on a mediocre big, and they get better. Lakers get Lamar Odom and Caron Butler for Shaq, and they go from the Finals to out of the playoffs.

I agree. Thanks to the Phoenix media we have a flash in the pan player like Steve Trash ruining the credibility of the MVP award. Dirk at least managed to carry his team to the Finals. Nash has all the help in the world and the only teams he can beat are the Lakers and Clippers:lol Not to mention the fact that he's played about a hundred playoff games and still can't sniff a conference title.

da_suns_fan__
09-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I agree. Thanks to the Phoenix media we have a flash in the pan player like Steve Trash ruining the credibility of the MVP award. Dirk at least managed to carry his team to the Finals. Nash has all the help in the world and the only teams he can beat are the Lakers and Clippers:lol Not to mention the fact that he's played about a hundred playoff games and still can't sniff a conference title.

Johnny, I don' think I've ever encountered a bigger idiot on any message board in my life.

Now, I know that I've explained to you AT LEAST once that a finals appearance and a conference title are the EXACT SAME THING. But you don't seem to understand that this. What part don't you get?

"Not to mention what I already mentioned....."

Dumbass.

Findog
09-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Johnny, I don' think I've ever encountered a bigger idiot on any message board in my life.

Now, I know that I've explained to you AT LEAST once that a finals appearance and a conference title are the EXACT SAME THING. But you don't seem to understand that this. What part don't you get?

"Not to mention what I already mentioned....."

Dumbass.

You've got to be the most obtuse motherfucker I've ever encountered online. He never contradicted himself. It's called synonyms Corky.

Ob la di, Ob la da, life goes on.

Findog
09-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't see any way that Webb could have helped Dallas beat GS. Look at what Utah did to GS with Boozer. That's what the Mavs needed.

It's funny. Utah got taken to the woodshed against San Antonio when they needed a player like Dirk to make the Spurs play small, whereas a traditional post player like Boozer is what Golden State couldn't handle.

RonMexico
09-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Suns would have destroyed Utah.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-16-2007, 01:40 AM
It's funny. Utah got taken to the woodshed against San Antonio when they needed a player like Dirk to make the Spurs play small, whereas a traditional post player like Boozer is what Golden State couldn't handle.
In past games Okur had been Dirk-like enough to be a major league pain in the ass for the Spurs. Thankfully he played that entire series like he had a plane to catch.

I can't think of a postseason that was more impacted by match-ups, but I've usually had tunnel vision for the Spurs that time of year.

Johnny RIngo
09-16-2007, 01:49 AM
You've got to be the most obtuse motherfucker I've ever encountered online. He never contradicted himself. It's called synonyms Corky.

That's the funny thing about the da_s0ns_fan. Give him some room to talk and he'll bury himself. Everytime that fool opens his mouth it's self-ownage just waiting to happen.

anakha
09-16-2007, 06:38 AM
I don't think that AK has the same primadonna attitude in that he constantly bitches about being disrespected and not having plays run for him.

Maybe the mental weaknesses aren't the same. But they're still weaknesses all the same, aren't they?

I don't think the Suns would want to saddle themselves with those kinds of issues, whatever they may be.

da_suns_fan__
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM

LMAO!

I realize they're synonymous...that was the point of my post you fucking idiot!! Your reading comprehension skills are poor so I'll explain it to you...

In one sentence, he says that Nash has never had a conference title.

Then he says "NOT TO MENTION that Nash has never made it to the finals."

Do you understand now? Its really not that difficult when you take the time to actually think before you post.

FinDog, its obvious you hatred for me is unmatched, but you are making yourself look unbelievably stupid trying to look smart.

Do I need to EXPOSE you again!!! Oh wait...I JUST DID!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Findog
09-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I realize they're synonymous...that was the point of my post you fucking idiot!! Your reading comprehension skills are poor so I'll explain it to you...

Irony alert.

In one sentence, he says that Nash has never had a conference title.

Then he says "NOT TO MENTION that Nash has never made it to the finals."

Here's the original quote you douche:

I agree. Thanks to the Phoenix media we have a flash in the pan player like Steve Trash ruining the credibility of the MVP award. Dirk at least managed to carry his team to the Finals. Nash has all the help in the world and the only teams he can beat are the Lakers and Clippers Not to mention the fact that he's played about a hundred playoff games and still can't sniff a conference title.

He never repeated himself.

Do you understand now?

No, I don't understand what the point of your diarrhea is.

Its really not that difficult when you take the time to actually think before you post.

Trying to parse your "comments" is indeed difficult.

FinDog, its obvious you hatred for me is unmatched, but you are making yourself look unbelievably stupid trying to look smart.

I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you.

da_suns_fan__
09-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I agree. Thanks to the Phoenix media we have a flash in the pan player like Steve Trash ruining the credibility of the MVP award. Dirk at least managed to carry his team to the Finals. Nash has all the help in the world and the only teams he can beat are the Lakers and Clippers Not to mention the fact that he's played about a hundred playoff games and still can't sniff a conference title.

He never repeated himself.

Read it again FinDog....I know you can figure this out. I KNOW you can. Please tell me our schooling system isn't THAT BAD!!!

Still don't get it?

Ok....here goes.

1) Dirk (in comparison to Nash) at least managed to carry his team to the Finals

2) Not to mention the fact that he's (Nash) played about a hundred playoff games and still can't sniff a conference title.

These two statements are saying the exact same thing. Statement one says that Dirk can get to the finals and Nash can't. Statement two says that Nash can't win a conference title, which is the same thing as a finals appearance.

Now if you STILL don't get it, I want you PM a mavs buddy and ask them to explain it to you.

If anyone else is reading this, please tell me that not everyone else in Texas is this stupid. PLEASE!! Restore my faith in the lone star state.

RonMexico
09-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I live in Texas and I know everyone is stupid.

Findog
09-17-2007, 05:26 AM
These two statements are saying the exact same thing.

Uh, are you serious?

Statement one says that Dirk can get to the finals and Nash can't.

"Dirk can at least get to a Finals."

Statement One doesn't mention Nash.

Statement two says that Nash can't win a conference title, which is the same thing as a finals appearance.

Well of course Nash can't get to a Finals. Please, on second thought, don't branch out beyond "Spurs are boring/Suns get good ratings." You're just embarassing yourself.

RonMexico
09-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Please, on second thought, don't branch out beyond "Spurs are boring/Suns get good ratings." You're just embarassing yourself.

Suns are fun.

Mavs are gay.

Findog
09-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Suns are fun.

Mavs are gay.

Spurs > Mavs > Suns.

Everybody else > da_suns_fan.

Reggie Miller
09-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Actually, the above quote is not redundant, since "sniffing a Conference Title" is not tautologous with "winning a Conference Title" (i.e. making the Finals).

To clarify, we would then be presented with three grades or levels of success in the Conference Finals: 1) Losing the series, meanwhile winning only 0-1 games. ("Stinking up the joint" or "Just happy to be here.") 2) Losing the series, but winning 2-3 games in the process. ("Sniffing a Conference Title.") 3) Winning the series. ("Finals appearance.") I hope that helps, if just a little...

Findog
09-17-2007, 09:07 AM
hope that helps, if just a little...

Don't count on it. I really feel sorry for da_suns_fan...The original argument was that Dirk was a better MVP than Nash, based on Dallas having more playoff success. So of course he tries to make a point based on something peripheral, and he can't even win that.

SpursIndonesia
09-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Uh oh, i know Suns fans are bitter about last playoff failure, but why they -ofcourse not ALL of them, i got a lot of respect for JMarkJohn, OldDirtMcGirt, and some others- keep on spewing a lot of dumb thoughts, crapping in this forum ?

Findog
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Uh oh, i know Suns fans are bitter about last playoff failure, but why they -ofcourse not ALL of them, i got a lot of respect for JMarkJohn, OldDirtMcGirt, and some others- keep on spewing a lot of dumb thoughts, crapping in this forum ?

JMJ and ODM are pretty much the only non-troll Suns fans here.

da_suns_fan__
09-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Uh, are you serious?

"Dirk can at least get to a Finals."

Statement One doesn't mention Nash.

Well of course Nash can't get to a Finals. Please, on second thought, don't branch out beyond "Spurs are boring/Suns get good ratings." You're just embarassing yourself.

I can't believe you won't just ADMIT that you screwed up.

You actually called me out in your first post on my rant against Johnny Ringo saying that these two statements were the same thing (which is the exact thing I was saying but youre too dumb to realize):

Yet NOW you want to argue that those two statements weren't implying the same thing?

Which is it FinDog? Is Johnny Ringo saying the same thing twice or isn't he? Is SpursDynasty a lame troll or is he a cool troll? Is calling someone "gay" out of touch for 2007 or do you want to mock Kobe Bryant for giving Chris Mihm a man hug?

Which is it FinDog? Which do you actually believe?!!!

Findog
09-17-2007, 10:11 AM
You actually called me out in your first post on my rant against Johnny Ringo saying that these two statements were the same thing (which is the exact thing I was saying but youre too dumb to realize):

Yet NOW you want to argue that those two statements weren't implying the same thing?

You called out Johnny Ringo for "not knowing" that getting to the Finals is the same thing as winning a conference Finals, not for being repetitive. It's there for any interested party to see, unless you want to cover up your shame and edit your post.

The first statement concerns Dirk, I guess your defensiveness over the shortcomings of your team cause you to read something into it that isn't there. The second statement concerns your precious PG. Poor da_suns_fan, can't win a basketball-related argument or an argument on semantics, either.

And now a guy that calls people a "fag" casually want to toss out the bigot card because I once posted a picture of Kobe giving Chris Mihm a hug without comment. Have you no shame? :lol :lol :lol

da_suns_fan__
09-17-2007, 10:30 AM
You called out Johnny Ringo for "not knowing" that getting to the Finals is the same thing as winning a conference Finals, not for being repetitive. It's there for any interested party to see, unless you want to cover up your shame and edit your post.

The first statement concerns Dirk, I guess your defensiveness over the shortcomings of your team cause you to read something into it that isn't there. The second statement concerns your precious PG. Poor da_suns_fan, can't win a basketball-related argument or an argument on semantics, either.

And now a guy that calls people a "fag" casually want to toss out the bigot card because I once posted a picture of Kobe giving Chris Mihm a hug without comment. Have you no shame? :lol :lol :lol

Actually, it had a lot more to do with the fact that in a paragraph about how Nash sucks, I use my powers of deduction to determine that the statement "Dirk at least managed to take his team to the finals" is another chide against Steve Nash.

When people group sentences in a paragraph, this is usually the intent.

Why can't you JUST ADMIT that you screwed up? You're stretching and spinning things so bad you don't even know what youre arguing anymore!

Game over. I win.

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 10:35 AM
da_suns_fan please just shut up and stop owning yourself. i've never seen someone so eager to tell everyone how big a dumbass he is.

you're much more effective obsessing over Eva and ratings, not engaging in halfway intelligent conversation.

da_suns_fan__
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
da_suns_fan please just shut up and stop owning yourself. i've never seen someone so eager to tell everyone how big a dumbass he is.

you're much more effective obsessing over Eva and ratings, not engaging in halfway intelligent conversation.

Check out this thread...I mention you in one of my posts:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77651&page=2

Findog
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Why can't you JUST ADMIT that you screwed up?

Because I didn't.

You're stretching and spinning things so bad you don't even know what youre arguing anymore!

Classic Case of Projection.

Game over. I will declare victory and slink off like a bitch because I'm tired of getting owned.

Fixed.

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Check out this thread...I mention you in one of my posts:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77651&page=2
i'll check it out when i have some free time.

Findog
09-17-2007, 10:43 AM

That half belongs to me. :lol

OldDirtMcGirt
09-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Maybe the mental weaknesses aren't the same. But they're still weaknesses all the same, aren't they?

I don't think the Suns would want to saddle themselves with those kinds of issues, whatever they may be.

I think that AK's attitude is slightly better than Marions, but yeah they both are mental midgets. Hence why we need somebody like Ron Ron or Sheed.

Ron Artest would really be the perfect fit for the Suns. I think that the management is becoming content with winning sixty plus games, racking up a ton of offensive numbers, and bowing out early in the playoffs. Ron is the best man defender in the league, and could still play with Tony Parker. I think that if he was on a contender like Phoenix with a leader like Steve Nash who can keep him in check, he could easily replace Marion's production and gives us some much needed toughness.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-17-2007, 03:51 PM

I really doubt that Da-Suns-Fan and Shred are true Suns fans who bleed Purple and Orange. Probably just some dumbass trolls who hop on the bandwagon and think that they can get a rise out of some guys by posting a bunch of ignorant shit.

anakha
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I think that AK's attitude is slightly better than Marions, but yeah they both are mental midgets. Hence why we need somebody like Ron Ron or Sheed.

Ron Artest would really be the perfect fit for the Suns. I think that the management is becoming content with winning sixty plus games, racking up a ton of offensive numbers, and bowing out early in the playoffs. Ron is the best man defender in the league, and could still play with Tony Parker. I think that if he was on a contender like Phoenix with a leader like Steve Nash who can keep him in check, he could easily replace Marion's production and gives us some much needed toughness.

Interesting idea, and should that scenario happen, that would be a big talent upgrade for the Suns.

The problem I see here is that I think Artest's personality begs for another alpha-dog type to keep him in check; he needs a superstar on the team who can get in his face and make him back down. Otherwise, his mentality ends up infecting the team later on.

The ideal scenario for him would be similar to Jordan and Rodman on the Bulls before - nobody could dispute that it was Jordan's team, and Rodman also had Phil Jackson to get in his head and keep it relatively screwed on.

While I don't doubt Nash's leadership skills on the court, does he have the type of personality to make Artest accept that the Suns are Nash's team, and not Artest's? Phoenix already has a bit of a pissing contest between Amare and Marion as it is. Wouldn't adding Artest, even if you subtract Marion from the equation, just cause a similar, if not worse, problem?

da_suns_fan__
09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I really doubt that Da-Suns-Fan and Shred are true Suns fans who bleed Purple and Orange. Probably just some dumbass trolls who hop on the bandwagon and think that they can get a rise out of some guys by posting a bunch of ignorant shit.

Hey, appease the A-Holes at Spurstalk if that makes you happy, but don't assume you know anything about my love of the Suns.

RonMexico
09-17-2007, 10:09 PM
JMJ and ODM are pretty much the only non-troll Suns fans here.

STFU. I dominate the non-troll Suns fans, Fagdog.

Findog
09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
STFU. I dominate the non-troll Suns fans, Fagdog.

stick to what you know, Ron, like pus-ridden cocks and pit bulls with their ears torn off.

Trainwreck2100
09-17-2007, 11:06 PM
and sweet lady ganja

Findog
09-17-2007, 11:25 PM

I left out Nashfan and Ron Mexico hasn't posted much over the summer, but other than that, the Suns fans here are trolls.

phyzik
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I left out Nashfan and Ron Mexico hasn't posted much over the summer, but other than that, the Suns fans here are trolls.

http://scienceblogs.com/ethicsandscience/upload/2006/04/irony.gif

Couldnt resist...

RonMexico
09-18-2007, 02:59 AM

I've been trying to keep a low profile... literally, because a Federal investigation was on-going.

yourcheatinheart
09-18-2007, 05:41 AM

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/Micksayingwashit.jpg

Findog
09-18-2007, 07:36 AM
STOP BEING SO MEAN!

U mad?

OldDirtMcGirt
09-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Interesting idea, and should that scenario happen, that would be a big talent upgrade for the Suns.

The problem I see here is that I think Artest's personality begs for another alpha-dog type to keep him in check; he needs a superstar on the team who can get in his face and make him back down. Otherwise, his mentality ends up infecting the team later on.

The ideal scenario for him would be similar to Jordan and Rodman on the Bulls before - nobody could dispute that it was Jordan's team, and Rodman also had Phil Jackson to get in his head and keep it relatively screwed on.

While I don't doubt Nash's leadership skills on the court, does he have the type of personality to make Artest accept that the Suns are Nash's team, and not Artest's? Phoenix already has a bit of a pissing contest between Amare and Marion as it is. Wouldn't adding Artest, even if you subtract Marion from the equation, just cause a similar, if not worse, problem?

I think that Nash has that alpha-dog status. While Amare and Marion might be having that pissing match, it doesn't seem like anybody on the team every questions Nash's heart and leadership (while Nash goes after Marion and Amare occasionally). At least that's what I got from following the team.

I don't think that Ron would have a big problem fitting in here. He could be at the point in his career where (at least for a year) he could be held in check by the prospect of winning a championship and playing with a very good team where he'll get alot of recognition (they guy who got us over the hump, etc.). Look at how much Steven Jackson helped out Golden State this year. Hopefully it would have the same effect. It's a gamble for sure, but sitting here with our thumbs up our asses really isn't helping much either.

Interesting that you brought up Phil Jackson. If Mike D'Antoni would spend half the time he spends pouting and stomping his feet like an 11 year old girl on legitimate defensive rotations, we'd go 82-0.

exstatic
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
1) While Ron Artest has many good defensive qualities, the ability to stay in front of Tony Parker isn't one of them. While Bowen can effectively guard 1-3, Artest's positional range is more like 2-4, and it had better not be a particularly quick 2 guard, either.

2) Stephen Jackson has some maturity and judgment issues, but to compare him to Artest is ludicrous. Artest is actually mentally ill. He's been prescribed psychiatric meds, but he refuses to take them. If there is some sort of player disruption Richter scale, Jack is about a 3 and Artest is a 9.5.

anakha
09-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I think that Nash has that alpha-dog status. While Amare and Marion might be having that pissing match, it doesn't seem like anybody on the team every questions Nash's heart and leadership (while Nash goes after Marion and Amare occasionally). At least that's what I got from following the team.

I don't think that Ron would have a big problem fitting in here. He could be at the point in his career where (at least for a year) he could be held in check by the prospect of winning a championship and playing with a very good team where he'll get alot of recognition (they guy who got us over the hump, etc.). Look at how much Steven Jackson helped out Golden State this year. Hopefully it would have the same effect. It's a gamble for sure, but sitting here with our thumbs up our asses really isn't helping much either.

Interesting that you brought up Phil Jackson. If Mike D'Antoni would spend half the time he spends pouting and stomping his feet like an 11 year old girl on legitimate defensive rotations, we'd go 82-0.

While I do agree that Phoenix needs a change if they are to get over the hump this season, I'd say Artest would be too much of a gamble for them.

In terms of replacing Marion's position and at least a bit of his skillset, I'd rather go after Gerald Wallace or Desmond Mason. Strong, athletic, pretty good rebounders for their position, and can play smallball PF in the Suns' system.

In terms of addressing needs, I think what Phoenix needs to do is get an athletic big who can hopefully run on the break, but whose primary role is to bang with Duncan on the block and save Amare from getting in too much foul trouble. Kinda like Diop in Dallas. That's why I was relieved that Phoenix didn't get Atlanta's pick this past draft because they could really have addressed that need then.

But because of the Suns' financial policy, whoever that guy would be, that guy would have to come really cheap. Think Kurt Thomas without Kurt Thomas's contract. :lol

OldDirtMcGirt
09-19-2007, 12:21 AM
While I do agree that Phoenix needs a change if they are to get over the hump this season, I'd say Artest would be too much of a gamble for them.

In terms of replacing Marion's position and at least a bit of his skillset, I'd rather go after Gerald Wallace or Desmond Mason. Strong, athletic, pretty good rebounders for their position, and can play smallball PF in the Suns' system.

In terms of addressing needs, I think what Phoenix needs to do is get an athletic big who can hopefully run on the break, but whose primary role is to bang with Duncan on the block and save Amare from getting in too much foul trouble. Kinda like Diop in Dallas. That's why I was relieved that Phoenix didn't get Atlanta's pick this past draft because they could really have addressed that need then.

But because of the Suns' financial policy, whoever that guy would be, that guy would have to come really cheap. Think Kurt Thomas without Kurt Thomas's contract. :lol

I like G-dub alot, but all of those injuries concern me. Say what you want about Matrix, at least he's durable as all hell. Despite what some might say, the regular season does mean alot, and getting that number one seed so we don't have to play both Dallas and San Antonio would really improve our chances.

The guy who probably would've fit well in our system (and who there was rumors of us trading for), would be Sheed. Tim Thomas really gave us an extra dimension in '06 with his three point shooting, and Sheed is a tough guy who can play some good D as well as shoot the three ball. Too bad there's about a zero percent chance of that happening.

Speaking of that "Diop" role and Atlanta's pick. The guy I really want to see us pick up is Hasheem Thabeet. Can run the floor well for a guy his size, and could be an absolute monster on the board. He'd be a great compliment for Amare and allow us to move Amare to his natural position of power forward after D'Antoni and his small ball bullshit is up in the WNBA.

anakha
09-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Speaking of that "Diop" role and Atlanta's pick. The guy I really want to see us pick up is Hasheem Thabeet. Can run the floor well for a guy his size, and could be an absolute monster on the board. He'd be a great compliment for Amare and allow us to move Amare to his natural position of power forward after D'Antoni and his small ball bullshit is up in the WNBA.

Interesting. Are you advocating that Phoenix abandon its current system and go with a more conventional build to the team?

I love the Spurs, but I have to admit that teams that aren't built the conventional way can and have given them fits before. Milwaukee with its high-post system based around a non-traditional center in Bogut, Dallas with Dirk, Sacramento with Bonzi the post threat (in the 06 playoffs), and Utah with Okur have presented matchup challenges that have resulted in Spurs losses before. It's the conventionally-built teams that San Antonio matches up with the best.

I'm not advocating a complete dismantling of the Suns's current system. What I think Phoenix should do is tweak its lineup in a way similar to what Dallas has been successfully been able to do - field an unconventional lineup which can occasionally play, or at least defend, in a conventional way. Diop (and to a lesser extent, Dampier) and Howard allow Dallas the flexibility to do that. The biggest flaw in D'Antoni's current system is that he doesn't have that kind of flexibility right now - either you can play his way, or not at all.

IMO, the current system has brought Phoenix some success already - they just need to build on that.

RonMexico
09-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I think Ron Artest shouldn't be in the discussion.

Ron Mexico, however, fits perfectly...

Reggie Miller
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
If there is some sort of player disruption Richter scale, Jack is about a 3 and Artest is a 9.5.

I would agree, but you missed one critical factor. PUT THEM TOGETHER, and they both go to 11. :music

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Shawn Marion is a REALLY whiny bitch:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/25/marion-wants-his-extension-now/

Shawn Marion has spent his entire time with Phoenix outshined by other, more glamorous Suns. However, this summer he has been like the most talked-about basketball player in the league. First, he was mentioned non-stop in the Kevin Garnett rumor storm; more recently, his name has came up in reference to Andrei Kirilenko.

And now, Marion--already the highest-paid Sun--is griping about his contract situation again. From The Arizona Republic:
According to several Suns sources, Marion seems to be unhappy that the team will not talk about a contract extension. The word is that the four-time All-Star, in his eighth year with the team, wants $60 million over three years. Marion, already the highest-paid Suns player, will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million for 2008-09.

Trade rumors might not bother Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal. The locker-room reviews on such an idea are mixed.
This might the tipping point for Shawn Marion's good graces with fans. He's underrated, under-appreciated, and almost as important as Steve Nash to that team's style. But dude, take it easy. So they're not ready to talk yet; maybe that's because, sorry to say it, you're not actually a max player. A darn good one, but not a knee-jerk, break-the-bank piece, especially as you age a little. Maybe nothing comes of this, or maybe this is finally the straw that sends Marion tumbling out of Phoenix.

SenorSpur
09-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Don't look now, but your boy is looking for an extension to his already exhorbiant salary.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...-extension-now/

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Link doesn't work.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Shawn Marion is a whiny bitch

Doo-da, doo-da.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Shawn Marion is a REALLY whiny bitch:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/25/marion-wants-his-extension-now/

Shawn Marion has spent his entire time with Phoenix outshined by other, more glamorous Suns. However, this summer he has been like the most talked-about basketball player in the league. First, he was mentioned non-stop in the Kevin Garnett rumor storm; more recently, his name has came up in reference to Andrei Kirilenko.

And now, Marion--already the highest-paid Sun--is griping about his contract situation again. From The Arizona Republic:
According to several Suns sources, Marion seems to be unhappy that the team will not talk about a contract extension. The word is that the four-time All-Star, in his eighth year with the team, wants $60 million over three years. Marion, already the highest-paid Suns player, will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million for 2008-09.

Trade rumors might not bother Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal. The locker-room reviews on such an idea are mixed.
This might the tipping point for Shawn Marion's good graces with fans. He's underrated, under-appreciated, and almost as important as Steve Nash to that team's style. But dude, take it easy. So they're not ready to talk yet; maybe that's because, sorry to say it, you're not actually a max player. A darn good one, but not a knee-jerk, break-the-bank piece, especially as you age a little. Maybe nothing comes of this, or maybe this is finally the straw that sends Marion tumbling out of Phoenix.

Shawn is already overpaid. He can get the fuck out of Phoenix if he wants twenty mil a year.

yourcheatinheart
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
i want that rasheed wallace for shawn marion trade to happen right fucking now!!!

Marion would welcome trade.

Discouraged after another summer of trade rumors involving him, Suns forward Shawn Marion said Tuesday night that he would welcome a trade to another team.

Marion, a four-time NBA All-Star and the Suns' highest-paid player, said the team has been unwilling to discuss a contract extension.

"I'm tired of hearing my name in trades," Marion said. "I love my fans in Phoenix, but I think it's time for me to move on."

Marion has two years left on his contract and will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million in the 2008-09 season.

Suns General Manager Steve Kerr declined comment.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
It's really starting to look like that AK for Marion trade is made in heaven.

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:51 PM
i want that rasheed wallace for shawn marion trade to happen right fucking now!!!

Marion would welcome trade.

Discouraged after another summer of trade rumors involving him, Suns forward Shawn Marion said Tuesday night that he would welcome a trade to another team.

Marion, a four-time NBA All-Star and the Suns' highest-paid player, said the team has been unwilling to discuss a contract extension.

"I'm tired of hearing my name in trades," Marion said. "I love my fans in Phoenix, but I think it's time for me to move on."

Marion has two years left on his contract and will make $16.4 million this season and $17.8 million in the 2008-09 season.

Suns General Manager Steve Kerr declined comment.

What a dumbass. Phoenix is the perfect situation for him. He won't be craving so much attention when he's anchoring a crap team or he doesn't have his buddy Nash to create for him.

JackArse
09-26-2007, 12:14 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0925marion-ON.html

and well, the shit storm starts.

as far as i'm concerned (and i'm sure he cares) don't like the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

he's the highest paid suns player right now, and he wants a 3 year 60 mil deal..
i'd rather see that money put to use where we can actually have a damn bench that plays worth a damn.

his main talk is going to the lakers, and i'm sure only kupchak and the knicks are dumb enough to pay that price.