PDA

View Full Version : Oden Out For Season!

DON VITO
09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApsstgKLQ8624TxqJ5TJlMW8vLYF?slug=aw-oden091307&prov=yhoo&type=lgnsGreg Oden , the Portland Trail Blazers' No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, will miss the 2007-2008 season after knee surgery on Thursday, two league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Oden, the 7-footer out of Ohio State, underwent exploratory surgery on his right knee on Thursday in Vancouver. The extent of the damage was not immediately clear, but Oden, one of the most celebrated young players in years, will be lost for the season.

The Blazers are expected to make an announcement shortly.

yavozerb
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Damn, I was actually looking forward to seeing this kid play. Missed the 1st half of his college season and now this cause of injuries, hope this is not a sign of things to come for his career.

DON VITO
Oden Undergoes Microfracture Surgery
An exploratory arthroscopic surgery performed on Greg Oden today revealed cartilage damage to the Portland Trail Blazers rookie’s right knee. Oden is likely to miss the 2007-08 NBA season.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a micro fracture surgery today," said team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who preformed the surgery. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with micro fracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage. There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery."

Blazers.com

----------------------------

Damn, who knew it would be that bad. So much for the excitement around the Spurs/Blazers game.

Booharv
Wow, that sucks for the Blazers obviously. A lot of guys have come back fully healthy from ACL surgery and he's 19 so there is somewhat of a bright side.

EDIT: Damn microfracture too, that's not so good. Only Amare's ever really come all the way back from microfracture.

ducks
09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77432&page=2
and in the nba forum

degenerate_gambler
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
2nd coming of sam bowie..

edit to add: that's too bad. was looking forward to seeing what he could do.

florige
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Man Tlong, I guess you will have to watch us win another championship next year...

duncan228
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77432&page=2
and in the nba forum

The NBA Central link:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1958247#post1958247

ducks
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
this will really be bad for thong trolling

yavozerb
09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
this will really be bad for thong trolling
He also may be out until 2008 season as well due to this injury :lol ..

Behrooz24
Talk about blue balls

:lol Tlong

Medvedenko
That's horrible...yes he's young and he'll be back...but this really hurts the blazers chances to make any progress....now if they tank the season...they could get another high pick next year.....patience is the key I guess...

timvp
This seriously sucks. Even if someone doesn't care for Oden or the Blazers, it's a blow to the NBA in general. Horrible news but when I heard exploratory knee surgery for cartilage damage, microfracture surgery was the first thing that came to mind.

Sad day for the NBA.

:td

florige
That sucks! I was looking forward to Duncan schoolthlong him regularly next season. Oh well, maybe the season after next... :depressed

tlongII
09-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Terrible news. :(

mardigan
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
At least the Blazers will get another high draft pick next year.
Sucks for the NBA though

Switchman
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Durant should have stayed in NCAA for another year lmao.

SenorSpur
09-13-2007, 01:32 PM
This really sucks. Not a Blazers fan at all, but I was looking forward to seeing this team develop around Oden.

timvp
09-13-2007, 01:33 PM
What also sucks is we may never know how much of an athlete Oden could have been on the NBA level. After this surgery, it took Amare like 16 months to get back to about 85% of what he was athletically.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Holy shit, I'm psychic!

Seriously though, that sucks ass on so many levels. Bad for Oden, bad for Blazers (sorry Tlong), bad for the whole damn league. I really wanted to see if this kid was the real deal.

ducks
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
ESPN reporting they had to do microfracture surgery

Celebrated Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will likely miss the 2007-2008 season after undergoing knee surgery Thursday, the team said.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a microfracture surgery today," team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who performed the surgery, said in a statement posted on the Trail Blazers' Web site. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with microfracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage.

"There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all, he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from microfracture surgery."

The Blazers are to discuss the news at a 4:30 p.m. ET news conference. Oden's procedure was performed in Vancouver, Wash.

Oden described the knee pain in an entry Tuesday on his personal blog:

"On my vacation earlier this summer i got up off the couch and remember my knee having a sharp pain in it. That was about a month ago. I didn't tell anyone because i didn't want to seem like i was complaining or making excuses for anything. Plus i wasn't doing anything at the time i realized it hurt, so i figured it couldn't be anything big.

"After a couple of weeks, i had to finally tell someone so i went to St. Vincent's Sports Performance (where i worked out at before draft) and got my knee looked at. That was right before i moved to Portland for good. My knee was swollen since i was there. I finally just said that i need to tell my trainer because this is not normal. We went to the doctor's the next day to get a MRI and that night me and my mom ended up in the doctor's office being told that I have to get surgery. It's a light one, just a scoop, but still it's just another setback. I would like for me to be playing and not seem like i'm a high-maintenance player, but things just keep popping up.

This is Oden's second health problem since the Trail Blazers drafted him in June. He had a tonsillectomy in July after struggling in two Las Vegas summer league games.

Oden, despite being hampered by a wrist injury during his freshman (and only) season at Ohio State, averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds in leading the Buckeyes to the national championship game. He had 25 points and 12 rebounds in the loss to Florida.

The Trail Blazers were the surprise winners of the NBA draft lottery and chose Oden over Texas forward Kevin Durant, who went to Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017538

smeagol
09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
The minute I read this I thought "Amare"

Mitch Cumsteen
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
That was the first thing that popped into my mind too. Such a shitty deal for the Blazers and for Oden.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
The sam bowie curse.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
This seriously sucks. He was going to be a stud on my fantasy keeper team. Now he has to sit on my roster as an injured player for the whole year.

This sucks for timvp

:td

ducks
09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
thong karma is a bitch

Admidave50
09-13-2007, 01:52 PM
It surely sucks! I was excited to see the Blazers play! fuck

Duncanoypi
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
the curse of Ime Udoka

Strike
09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
the curse of Ime Udoka
:lol

boutons_
09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
The NBA needed top, new star who wasn't a balla sure to get in trouble off-court.

Everything I read about the guy indicated he was solid, studious, serious, responsible.

One year at his age isn't that much, he should 15 years ahead of him, but he sure is looking accident-prone.

Strike
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
On the bright side, without Oden this season, the Blazers could get a high lottery pick again.

Kevin Love looms.

bigfish22
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Old age = Bad bones

duncan228
09-13-2007, 02:10 PM
The Blazers statement.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Oden_Undergoes_Microfracture_S-236705-1218.html

Oden Undergoes Microfracture Surgery

An exploratory arthroscopic surgery performed on Greg Oden today revealed cartilage damage to the Portland Trail Blazers rookie’s right knee. Oden is likely to miss the 2007-08 NBA season.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a micro fracture surgery today," said team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who preformed the surgery. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with micro fracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage. There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery."

Oden is expected to be on crutches for up to eight weeks. Recovery time from micro fracture surgery varies from person to person, but generally takes between six and 12 months for full recovery.

"Certainly this is a setback, but our future is still incredibly bright," said Trail Blazers General Manager Kevin Pritchard. "Is it disappointing? Yes. However, this is a great core of talent and players of strong character and will continue to be."

Oden, the #1 pick in June’s NBA Draft, averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds for Ohio State last season, leading the Buckeyes to the NCAA national championship game as a freshman.

"We know this discouraging news for all of our fans, however, the people of Portland are very enthusiastic and compassionate about their Trail Blazers and I know they will stand behind Greg and the team during his recovery," said Trail Blazers President Larry Miller. "We believe our fans and sponsors are going to continue to support us because they know we’re headed in the right direction."

atxrocker
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
bad news for all nba fans.

Whisky Dog
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
I call Danny Almonte. There's no way this guy's 19. He's 35 but has been living in another country playing ball underground. He fooled the Blazers into big time guaranteed money by beating up on college kids.

picnroll
09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
What is up with all these players with significant articular cartilage damage at such a young age?

ducks
09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
kids do not drink milk

SRJ
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
The sam bowie curse.

The Bill Walton curse.

MajorMike
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
On the bright side, without Oden this season, the Blazers could get a high lottery pick again.

Kevin Love looms.

What about if Mayo is everything everyone says he is going to be?

On a brighter note, who is working tlong's suicide watch right now?

The Franchise
09-13-2007, 02:24 PM
What is up with all these players with significant articular cartilage damage at such a young age?
similac babies.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Firsts I roll my eye :rolleyes at all those "experts" and fans that thinks players likes Oden and Amare better than Yao in "few years"

How longs before they figure out these all athlete no skills players just get bad knees and be shells, players like Yao and Duncan not even decline till mid 30s probably.

Dwight Howard be probably having microfracture too soon enough.

Yes this like curse of Sam Bowie again, buts if this is Sam Bowie again then this makes Durant = New Jordan :spin

sandman
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM

My son is 6-ft tall at 12 years old and has grown 7.5 inches in the last 12 months. His knees give him grief all the time even though as a cyclist he has very well developed legs. Most players the size of Oden go through multiple rapid growth spurts like this at a young age, and I just don't think that particular joint handles heavy growth spurts that well. My $.02 for what it is worth...

SRJ
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
"Firsts" I roll my eyes at people who think Greg Oden, Amare, and Dwight Howard have no skills. :rolleyes

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
"Firsts" I roll my eyes at people who think Greg Oden, Amare, and Dwight Howard have no skills. :rolleyes

Sorry I forgets Amerikans fans consider catch ball jump dunk to be skill.

urunobili
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
very sad news for the whole NBA world...

T Park
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow.

Putting the trolling and everything aside, I really feel bad for Blazers fan.

I mean, they earned the #1.

They were like the Spurs in 97 in that they were a bad team, but they played hard. Thats why I was happy to see Portland get the pick, and happy to see them turn their franchise around.

Honestly this is bad for all of us. Not having a great center at such a young age pushing Duncan to want to prove he can still be the greatest there ever was as well.

Sad day in sports. My honest and heartfelt, I guess, condolonces to the Blazer family, this franchise has something going against it...

SRJ
09-13-2007, 02:36 PM

And I forget that people sometimes don't watch certain players before making assumptions.

But I guess if athleticism was that important, Stromile Swift would be working on yet another All-NBA team.

41times
09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I told ya, he has Old Man's disease!

They should have taken Durant!

whottt
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
:lol @ AggieHoopsFan. I thought the same thing.

sandman
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM

Is it so bad that we have expectations that our big men can dunk?

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/p/01/225/01225_robiphs008017.jpg

duncan228
09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
My son is 6-ft tall at 12 years old and has grown 7.5 inches in the last 12 months. His knees give him grief all the time even though as a cyclist he has very well developed legs. Most players the size of Oden go through multiple rapid growth spurts like this at a young age, and I just don't think that particular joint handles heavy growth spurts that well. My $.02 for what it is worth...

I agree completely.

My 17 year old son is just over 6'7 and not done growing.

He's also had knee trouble, and you're right: Rapid growth spurts don't allow the body to "catch up" to support the growth as fast.

T Park

A, now the chinese are experts on athletics?

Im gonna resist....

hater.
There goes the blazers playoff dreams

Kori Ellis
09-13-2007, 02:44 PM

This kind of nonsense has no place here. Go back to posting about "Billy" crying about every little thing.

Kori Ellis
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM

I wonder that too. The rash of players needing microfracture surgery in recent years is disheartening.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Grieving with Greg Oden

September 13, 2007 3:24 PM

My first thoughts:

* First of all, remember this: for you and me, the NBA is playland. Our entertainment. This might hurt YOU. But it's nothing, really. This is a blow to Greg Oden, who I have heard is really pretty down about the whole thing, as you'd expect. For us fans? This season will be surprisingly good. Just not as good as we had thought.

* Greg Oden is a nice guy, and this is a really hard day for him and his family. The funnest year of his life so far just became likely the worst. They still have the new salary, I guess, but not as much as they would have had: some of his endorsement deals are not signed, and could now be lost. Not to mention instead of blocking Shaquille O'Neal's shots, now he'll spend weeks on the couch fighting depression (every one I have ever known who was confined to a bed for a long time got depressed), followed by days and days riding stationary bikes. Be tough, young man. It'll get better.

* Praise be to Amare Stoudemire. And Zach Randolph. And Jason Kidd. And the many other players who have played well after microfracture knee surgery. The only downside of what we have learned from them: a year isn't really enough time to get back to top form, typically. (The team says full recovery typically takes six to twelve months. Name me a player who has played well six months after microfracture surgery.) I think it's good to plan on two years, and then be pleasantly surprised when it only takes 18 months.

* Yes, we all have to worry about his longevity. That's the worst thing to me. I have him pegged for 15 years of high-level contributions. I'm no doctor, but doesn't it feel like today a year or two came off both the beginning and the end of his career?

* Don't even talk to me about Sam Bowie.

* Resist the urge, Blazer fans, to feel all sorry for yourselves. This is not a cursed franchise. This is a young and promising franchise. If you ever start to feel blue, read Mike Barrett. He's a human Blazer happy pill, and I thank him for it every day.

* This has nothing to do with Kevin Durant either. Portland could have had him. You know what? One time when I was a kid, I almost got hit by a truck. But I didn't. Life goes on. Don't tally the things that almost happened. Oden and Durant were both amazingly good choices. The Blazers made a good pick. There's nothing to learn from second-guessing. And I'd way rather be a Portland fan than a Seattle fan, because they may have a player they're not so worried about, but we have a team that's certainly sticking around.

* UPDATE: The Steadman-Hawkins clinic runs a site about microfracture surgery that is full of information, including: "Patients must not resume sports that involve pivoting, cutting, and jumping for 4 to 6 months after a microfracture procedure."

* Thank goodness he's not still in college. Then who knows who would pay for all of this. I have heard from attorneys that those disability policies many top college athletes are covered by often won't pay out unless you're out for 18 months or more. The resources he has at his disposal --the teams and his own -- will make this easier. UPDATE: Along those same lines, did the Blazers MRI this knee before the draft?

* Wonder if this means he'll have a lot of time for his blog.

* Something I'm sure people will ask about at the press conference the Blazers are holding this afternoon: why the rush? You see he needs this surgery, and then you just do it? No shopping for the best surgeon? No second opinions? Also ... what happened to people with this problem before microfracture surgery?

* Excellent and apparently thorough list of players who have had microfracture surgery, and how productive they were before and after.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-44/Grieving-with-Greg-Oden.html

ginobili fan
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
muhahahahahaha all of this for this shit ha hahaha
Poo blazers...

Spurs Brazil
09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Damn, that sucks

duncan228
09-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the Abbott piece Johnny Blaze.

Bruno
09-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Oden is still very young, with a good work ethic and it doesn't sound like that it was the worst case of microfracture surgery.
Even if microfacture surgeries are often career ending injuries, Oden seems to be in the less worst case scenario. He could be back at a level close to his best in a big year.

timvp
09-13-2007, 02:50 PM
:lol @ AggieHoopsFan. I thought the same thing.:lol

I didn't even notice he changed my post.

But seriously, I didn't even think of that. Reality > Fantasy.

atxrocker
09-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Oden seems to be in the less worst case scenario. He could be back at a level close to his best in a big year.

what exactly are you basing this off of?

Bruno
09-13-2007, 02:59 PM
what exactly are you basing this off of?

What ?
That he is in the less worst case scenario or that eh could be back at a very good level in a big year ?

2centsworth
09-13-2007, 03:03 PM
is there a chance this guy has old mans disease or giant disease like Andre the Giant?

I'm not joking either.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 03:15 PM
It looks like there's going to be a press conference that you can watch on NBA.com.
4:30 EST (about 15 minutes from now.)

degenerate_gambler
09-13-2007, 03:17 PM
he's already signed though isn't he?

so he still gets paid right?

duncan228
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
he's already signed though isn't he?

so he still gets paid right?

It appears so. At least he's got something...

From Henry Abbott's column, as posted by Johnny Blaze 47 earlier in this thread.

"Thank goodness he's not still in college. Then who knows who would pay for all of this. I have heard from attorneys that those disability policies many top college athletes are covered by often won't pay out unless you're out for 18 months or more. The resources he has at his disposal --the teams and his own -- will make this easier."

T Park
09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
is there a chance this guy has old mans disease or giant disease like Andre the Giant?

is there an exam that you would have to perform for this disease, that would not otherwise show up on other tests?

Hopefully Shoogar can answer this inquiry.

ducks
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I wonder that too. The rash of players needing microfracture surgery in recent years is disheartening.
is it they drink the protien drinks and bulk up to quickly?

MoSpur
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow. I had a feeling it would turn out to be something like this. Poor guy. I feel bad.

polandprzem
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Well it's not that bad of an surgery

drmvp
09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Greg Oden appears to be a great kid. Here's three cheers for a full and speedy recovery.

tlongII
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM

I think it may have something to do with the number of games the talented kids play these days. They literally play all year now, between AAU teams and high school teams. Fortunately I think Greg should be able to completely recover.

SRJ
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Question to duncan228 and sandman: How tall are you people? You've got a 6'7" 17 year old and a 6' 12 year old, respectively.

I'm pretty tall (6' 1 & 3/4"), but I didn't reach 6' until I was 15 and stopped growing (vertically) at 17. And when I was 18, 19, 20 I found that I was generally taller than most people I'd come across; today (I'm 32) I find that there are a lot more people that are my height and I encounter taller people fairly frequently.

What the hell is in our food these days?

nfg3
09-13-2007, 04:11 PM
This really is disapointing since I was looking forward to him playing next season. Hopefully he will fully recover. Though I agree that this will probably mean another high/lottery pick next year.
He comes across as a good kid and it a shame that it had to happen. Better after the ink dries than before.

FromWayDowntown
09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Here's hoping it all works out well for Greg Oden.

It sucks for NBA fans that he's having to go through this.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Question to duncan228 and sandman: How tall are you people? You've got a 6'7" 17 year old and a 6' 12 year old, respectively.

I'm pretty tall (6' 1 & 3/4"), but I didn't reach 6' until I was 15 and stopped growing (vertically) at 17. And when I was 18, 19, 20 I found that I was generally taller than most people I'd come across; today (I'm 32) I find that there are a lot more people that are my height and I encounter taller people fairly frequently.

I was almost 6'2" at my tallest. (Back trouble, I'm not that tall anymore.) My husband is just 6'.
There's no one on either side of our families taller than 6'3".
Until my son.
We don't know where it came from but they told us from toddlerhood he'd be between 6'10" and 7'. They (Doctors) have told me I'm a tall mother and kids can get their height from the mother.

He wears an 18 shoe! He'll be 18 in January and there's no question he's still growing. Daily it feels like! :lol

He was just over 6' at 10 years old, he tore a hamstring and after the commotion the doctor showed me his hip x-ray. He told me the plate in your hip doesn't close until you're done growing and at that time my son had a foot of growth room.

All we care about is that he's healthy, however tall he'll be, he'll be. We've run bloodwork all along to watch for anything out of whack, and he's fine. (Thank God.)
He's well pro portioned, he's all big. He carries it well, he doesn't slump.

sandman
09-13-2007, 04:32 PM

I am "only" 6'1" and really did all of my growing between 14-16 years of age. My wife if 5'9", but that is only slightly taller than average. Doctors put him at 6'4" to 6'5" when he is all said and done, but that was before he grew so much in the last year.

Maybe it is the food! While he has HUGE hands and feet, he is not bulky and at 140 lbs is long and lean. This may sound funny, but think about the body shape of Vinny Del Negro and that is what my son looks like. Now if I can only get him off the Cervelo and onto the basketball court...

sandman
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I was almost 6'2" at my tallest. (Back trouble, I'm not that tall anymore.) My husband is just 6'.
There's no one on either side of our families taller than 6'3".
Until my son.
We don't know where it came from but they told us from toddlerhood he'd be between 6'10" and 7'. They (Doctors) have told me I'm a tall mother and kids can get their height from the mother.

He wears an 18 shoe! He'll be 18 in January and there's no question he's still growing. Daily it feels like! :lol

He was just over 6' at 10 years old, he tore a hamstring and after the commotion the doctor showed me his hip x-ray. He told me the plate in your hip doesn't close until you're done growing and at that time my son had a foot of growth room.

All we care about is that he's healthy, however tall he'll be, he'll be. We've run bloodwork all along to watch for anything out of whack, and he's fine. (Thank God.)
He's well pro portioned, he's all big. He carries it well, he doesn't slump.

I joke with my son that he was the EXACT same length and weight as DRob when he was born. While he has been a grower since birth, it has always been proportional through the years. Then this last year happened and I started wondering if it was really a joke anymore.

Besides the knees, my son deals with syncope issues associated with the heavy growth spurts. Luckily it only affects him when he moves from a resting position (think powerful head rush). In the last month we have done EKG/EEG and MRI tests to make sure that nothing is wrong. Doc said his ticker was super healthy (outside of the temporary syncope issue) and that there were no abnormalities in the brain. Just blessed with big genes. While he may be bigger than the rest of us, he is normal for him.

I just had to get used to an 11-year old who had chest hair and wore a bigger shoe that I did! :lol

Kamnik
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
My sympathies to Blazers fans. :(

lefty
09-13-2007, 04:47 PM
So that means Portland will get the 2008 1st pick.... (or top 5 at least) :dizzy

duncan228
09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I joke with my son that he was the EXACT same length and weight as DRob when he was born. While he has been a grower since birth, it has always been proportional through the years. Then this last year happened and I started wondering if it was really a joke anymore.

Besides the knees, my son deals with syncope issues associated with the heavy growth spurts. Luckily it only affects him when he moves from a resting position (think powerful head rush). In the last month we have done EKG/EEG and MRI tests to make sure that nothing is wrong. Doc said his ticker was super healthy (outside of the temporary syncope issue) and that there were no abnormalities in the brain. Just blessed with big genes. While he may be bigger than the rest of us, he is normal for him.

I just had to get used to an 11-year old who had chest hair and wore a bigger shoe that I did! :lol

I'm glad he's okay. We haven't dealt with syncope issues.
It can be so scary when your child is different in any way from all the other kids.

My son has always taken his height in stride, it's how he is and how he's always been. As long as everything is okay my only other concern was how he carried himself. I've never let him slouch, it protects his back and keeps his head up. There's nothing wrong with being tall. And now it's even easy to find clothes and shoes thanks to the net! (Think bigfeet.com! :lol )

sandman
09-13-2007, 04:59 PM
So that means Portland will get the 2008 1st pick.... (or top 5 at least) :dizzy

Houston Rockets: Sampson and Hakeem

Orlando Magic: Shaq and Penny

Not unprecendented, but yea, they will definitely get another high pick.

What would that be in the last few years? Aldridge, Roy, Oden, Jack, McRoberts, Green.... not to mention picking up Frye. They have 8 guys on their roster with 2 or less years of experience.

sandman
09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm glad he's okay. We haven't dealt with syncope issues.
It can be so scary when your child is different in any way from all the other kids.

My son has always taken his height in stride, it's how he is and how he's always been. As long as everything is okay my only other concern was how he carried himself. I've never let him slouch, it protects his back and keeps his head up. There's nothing wrong with being tall. And now it's even easy to find clothes and shoes thanks to the net! (Think bigfeet.com! :lol )

I think the only issue my son has with his "tallness" is when the older girls find out that he is only starting into the 7th grade! :lol

inconvertible
09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
oden=robinson(except for the microfracture surgery :lol :lol :lol :lol )

lefty
09-13-2007, 05:20 PM
And Oden will be 55 next season

DON VITO
09-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree completely.

My 17 year old son is just over 6'7 and not done growing.

He's also had knee trouble, and you're right: Rapid growth spurts don't allow the body to "catch up" to support the growth as fast.
It is not about height, it is about the individual. I am 6'8'' and have never had a problem and continue to play collegiate sports.

ashbeeigh
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
My condolences for the Blazers fans out there (tlong...).

As for this...

I'm not joking either.

It's a tumor on the pituitary gland that causes giantism. I'm sure he would know by now if he had it. He would be a lot bigger by now if he did...maybe like 7'8 or some outrageous height like that.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
It is not about height, it is about the individual. I am 6'8'' and have never had a problem and continue to play collegiate sports.

You're probably right.

But our experience with our son has been that he gets injured easily.
He's always been in sports, always stretched properly etc.
But his ligaments, joints, bones have always been "behind" his growth. Doctors have told us that when he's done growing he'll catch up, his bones will harden etc.

When did you hit 6'8"? Are you done growing? (Just curious, I don't find many guys my son's height.)

IcemanCometh
09-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Looks like they shoulda picked Durant

SequSpur
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Looks like they shoulda picked Durant

exactly.... oden was shitty anyway... almost as overrated as matt bonner.

Kori Ellis
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
exactly.... oden was shitty anyway... almost as overrated as matt bonner.

Switchman
09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
I remember ESPN having a special a couple years ago talking about ~7 footers.

They said something about the majority of 7 footers in the world can barely even walk. What we see in the NBA are the super special ones (don't have the gland issue).

And for the record. The Blazers obviously are making this up just to get the #1 draft pick next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Shit. Now they will definitely make the playoffs in 2009.

Brutalis
09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
What kind of shit is that? How many number one picks the Blazers trying to get?

phxspurfan
09-13-2007, 06:34 PM
My condolences for the Blazers fans out there (tlong...).

As for this...

It's a tumor on the pituitary gland that causes giantism. I'm sure he would know by now if he had it. He would be a lot bigger by now if he did...maybe like 7'8 or some outrageous height like that.

Isn't Yao almost this size?

Anyway, I'm hoping that he recovers like Amare and shows the L what he can do ina year or two.

exstatic
09-13-2007, 06:35 PM

edit to add: that's too bad. was looking forward to seeing what he could do.
Actually the third Portland overall #1 big man with major health issues. Walton was a mess, too.

diego
09-13-2007, 06:42 PM
i actually agree with ducks that the protein shakes + heavy weightlifting that is common in the US is a likely cause. A good friend of mine was short and skinny till about 12, then he started playing football and the coaches put him on a plan (then a university scholarship, etc). 6 years later i could barely recognize the guy, he was just massive, and sure enough he stopped playing ball after graduating and now can barely walk- its as if his bones cant handle all the extra weight, you stop doing the hardcore exercise for whatever reason, then the muscle atrophies, and little bones are left to carry more weight than they were "meant" to handle. hes torn three ligaments (on separate occasions) just trying to get back in shape. meanwhile Im still short and skinny, stopped playing sports regularly since age 15, and when i do muster the energy to play ball i have a hard time breathing (pack a day!) but thats it- and even at age 6 ive been pathetic in the flexibility department. go figure!

exstatic
09-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Oooooo. Some teams saw this coming as a red flag...
cnnsi column (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/09/13/oden.surgery/index.html?cnn=yes)

You may recall that 10 days before the draft last June we broke the news that some teams were concerned about Oden's physical status. One team in particular was worried about a number of problems.

"Our doctors saw some early signs of arthritis in his knees,'' an executive with that franchise recalled Thursday after news of Oden's microfracture had come out. "They were also really concerned with his hip and his back as well. The way they explained it, all of those problems are linked: The knee hurts because the back is doing this, and the back hurts because the hip is doing that. The doctors thought there was some inter-connectivity between each issue, so that basically his body was working against itself.''

ashbeeigh
09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Isn't Yao almost this size?

It really has nothing to do with size in the giant case. It's a specific tumor on the pituitary gland that causes the brain to pumps out excessives growth hormones. That's why even giants kleep growing as adults where normal people will stop growing. And if I remember correctly, Oden is at a prime age for growth, late teens to early 20s. It really sucks.

spursjustice
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM
This sucks... was really looking forward to seeing him play. At least he's young and still has time on his side...

Brutalis
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I hope for a speedy recovery, yet somehow feel like I've been there as a fan. And typically, it looks as though Oden has a great shot at being injury prone through out his career.

GrandeDavid
09-13-2007, 07:58 PM
thong karma is a bitch

Exactly.

I love Greg Oden and will miss seeing him play this year and pray he makes a full recovery, but I must admit its nice to know that tlong will be but an echo of a ghost's voice in here for a long time to come. Surely his hollow takes will be of a limited volume now.

ducks
09-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I feel bad for oden though

I would have picked durant and I do not like texas ncaa teams. portland got lucky to even get the pick

they still could in my book fight for the last spots in the playoffs
they are talented without him

oden get well!

Spurs Brazil
09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Damaged goods?

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
September 13, 2007

Just this week on the telephone, there was an Eastern Conference executive studying Greg Oden’s pre-draft physical in his office. Even now, this report still didn’t look like the body of a 19-year old prospect, but that of an older, worn veteran.

“From our (trainers and doctors), there were red flags everywhere,” he said.

The executive started listing the troubled spots – the bulging disc in the back, wrists, the ankles, the hands, a right leg that was an inch longer than the left, and yes, the knees. He wasn’t alone. Several pulled files this week with news of impending knee surgery, and kept wondering if maybe the breakdown of his body was just a matter of time.

Despite it all, this executive believed the Blazers had done the right thing drafting the 7-footer over Kevin Durant. Then again, he never had a practical need for his medical staff to pour over Oden like Portland did. No one else but Seattle did.

“It wouldn’t have stopped us from drafting him but it would’ve probably made us pause about making a deal to move up and get him,” the Eastern Conference executive said.

An unscientific poll of executives, talking prior to Yahoo! Sports' revelation on Thursday that the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA Draft isn’t playing basketball this season for the Blazers, agreed with him. As it turned out, the right knee that had a red dot on the Orlando draft camp physicals turned into microfracture surgery for Oden.

Suddenly, he’s no longer the promise of the next Bill Russell.

Suddenly, he’s the fear of Sam Bowie.

Until there’s proof that his body isn’t breaking down, there’s a natural and legitimate worry that the Blazers could’ve passed on a Jordan-esque talent – Kevin Durant – to take a center who will turn out to be more defective than dominant.

Who wants to believe this will be the case? Who would want it to happen? The NBA needs Oden to be a superstar. He’s too talented of a player, too wonderful and grounded of a person, to consider the possibility that he could be a washout.

Several NBA executives conceded that the revelation that an MRI showed a need for exploratory surgery on Thursday didn’t completely surprise them. Some medical staffs who studied Oden’s pre-draft physicals expressed differing levels of concern, on different parts of his body.

“Our trainers did say they thought he had somewhat of an issue (with the right knee), but they weren't sure to what extent,” one Western Conference executive said. “I guess we're starting to see now that it’s more serious than some people thought.”

As one high-ranking basketball official with access to several trainers at the Orlando pre-draft camps remembered being told, “There were some things about (Oden’s knee) that were interesting and that if they had a chance (to draft) him, they would have to look a lot closer.”

All in all, one Eastern Conference personnel man said, “It was not a good physical.”

Nobody studied Oden closer than the Blazers and Sonics, and sources say that both teams would’ve still drafted him with the No. 1 pick. Only Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard knows how much of a risk he believed drafting Oden would be for his franchise. Oden had missed part of his freshman season at Ohio State with wrist surgery, and several teams wondered whether he had regained the complete range of motion in that shooting wrist.

Still, they believed it would return with time, but cartilage damage that causes microfracture surgery? Amare Stoudemire and Jason Kidd made it back the same, but Allan Houston and Penny Hardaway never did. For Oden, you have to wonder: Is this the end of his body breaking down, or just the beginning of it?

For now, Oden, a charismatic and lovable kid, will spend a long, rainy winter in Portland rehabilitating that right knee. Under Pritchard, everything had gone right for the Blazers in the past two seasons – the draft day deals for Rookie of the Year Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge, the winning of the Draft Lottery, the unloading of headcases with bad contracts. All of that contributed to exorcising that lingering Jail Blazers image.

Now, everyone will be thinking about 1984 again, when with the second pick in the draft, the Blazers chose Kentucky’s Sam Bowie over North Carolina’s Michael Jordan. Bowie had a history of leg problems in college, and those never left him in a journeymen’s pro career. No one wants to believe that this is how it will go, how it will all turn out.

Durant thrilled Sonics officials with his scrimmage and practice performances against the Olympic team this summer in Las Vegas. They truly believe they’ve found a generational superstar with him.

Of course, that doesn’t make anyone feel better in Portland, where the most promising future in the sport suddenly looks too much like the darkest days of its past.

One day Russell, the next Bowie.

Nobody else in the NBA dares say, “I told you so,” but deep down they sure did fear it.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the national NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apb.jDWKbUDamKrq2df0KrK8vLYF?slug=aw-redflags091307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ShoogarBear
09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
The Bill Walton curse.The Arvydas Sabonis curse.

FromWayDowntown
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
The Arvydas Sabonis curse.

Sabas was cursed long before he got to Portland.

ShoogarBear
09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Guess Durant's bench press doesn't seem so important now after all?

As for Oden, I don't think this can be attributed to anything except a bad combination of breaks (no pun). He's got a few physical issues that predispose him to musculoskeletal problems. (Having one leg longer than the other, for example, can lead to knee tendinitis and arthritis, although usually not at age 19 I think). Add to that the fact that he's 7 feet and a world-class basketball player who's been pushing his body almost nonstop for the last 5-10 years. At his size, with what he does, any structual imbalances can magnify small injuries into larger ones.

You don't need to come up with some additional hormonal problem to explain what's going on.

ShoogarBear
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Sabas was cursed long before he got to Portland.Well, you might be able to say the same about Oden.

Anyway, it's in keeping with the history of Portland centers.

mardigan
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Bill Simmons take on it

Blazers don't deserve Bowie 2.0
Sep. 13, 2007

Warning: Do not read this if you're a Portland Trail Blazers fan.

The three-word e-mail came this morning from someone who knows things: "Oden -- microfracture surgery."

My three-word response: "Oh. My. God."

It's one of the saddest stories in recent NBA history, regardless of how it turns out down the road: Not just that Portland took the wrong guy last June, but that the same city may have been screwed over twice. There was Bowie-over-MJ, and now, there might be Oden-over-Durant.

The Blazers' fans don't deserve this. They don't deserve the "Bowie 2.0" jokes, and they don't deserve to endure a season of Kevin Durant knife-in-the-stomach highlights when he's averaging 25 points a game on a bad Seattle team. On a larger scale, the double whammy of Bowie/Oden brings back memories of the day Reggie Lewis dropped dead seven summers after Lenny Bias' coke overdose. Obviously it's not as tragic because nobody died, but there was that same "Oh God, not again ..." feeling upon hearing the news. I know that feeling all too well. As a sports fan, there's nothing worse.

It's not like this story came out of the blue. Heading into the draft, there were concerns about Oden's long-term physical health and the fact his legs were different sizes. After his predraft physical with Portland, rumors spread that the Blazers were concerned about his knees, followed by a round of stories that they weren't concerned at all. I believed at the time the Oden-Durant thing was so close, ANY potential physical concerns should have swung the choice to Durant; that's one of the reasons I kept writing last June that Durant should be Portland's pick. Everyone kept writing Oden was a sure thing; if anything, Durant was the sure thing. He has a chance to become one of the greatest offensive players ever. That's his ceiling. We've never seen anyone remotely like him. Throw in his competitiveness and flair for the dramatic and I probably wrote more words arguing Durant's case than anything I've ever written for ESPN.com. Even for the team Portland had, Durant was the logical pick -- the Blazers could have kept Zach Randolph and played Durant at small forward instead of stupidly giving Randolph away.

There should've been no debate in June: Kevin Durant was the sure thing in the 2007 draft.

From Portland's viewpoint, what worried me was Oden wasn't entirely a basketball decision. Clearly, his gregarious personality played a huge role -- the Blazers even said so -- and when he hammed it up at a local parade after the draft, you could see why they picked him. After the whole Jail Blazers debacle, they spent the next few years trying to upgrade the character of their team. Hence, the curious Martell Webster pick (sixth in the '05 draft???), the Brandon Roy/LaMarcus Aldridge picks (and the team shying away from Ty Thomas); the Randolph trade; Steve Francis' buyout and everything else. It's not like Durant is a bad guy -- he's actually a good guy, just shy and uncomfortable with the press -- but Oden's deadpan wit and constant smile off the court made him a more seductive pick for a franchise that was desperately trying to win back the citizens of Portland. Supposedly, they were also attracted to Oden because he's a loyal person who didn't care where he played, whereas Durant's motives were tougher to peg. In four years, if Durant evolved into a superstar and had the words of the wrong agent in his ear, would he bail on Portland to play for a big market? Could they take that chance?

Here's the irony of the whole thing: You know who would have won the good people of Portland back and gotten them excited about basketball again? A kick-ass superstar like Kevin Durant. That's why the Blazers should have taken the most talented player. And everything that happened after the draft helped Durant's case: Oden looked terrible in the summer league and dropped out of the Olympic tryouts because of exhaustion (a dubious reason for someone who's 19; we should have known right there). Meanwhile, Durant got better and better in summer league and knocked everyone's socks off during the Olympic tryouts, including a jaw-dropping performance in the Blue-White scrimmage on TV. Even before the story broke about Oden's surgery, I was 100 percent convinced Portland would regret passing on Durant. We'll see 20 more Odens before we see another Durant.

You could say "Those who ignore the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them," and you might be right. But throwing aside all the videotapes, predraft interviews and workouts and everything else, there's this: At the ESPYS two months ago, I helped write jokes for Jimmy Kimmel, whose dressing room was backstage at the Kodak Theater and right off a hallway where celebrities were ushered in and out before and after the show. So, I watched every single athlete walk by at some point, and I swear, if I hadn't taken this summer off to write a book, I would have written about this story in a blog or something.

Anyway, when you see basketball players dressed in normal clothes, it's mesmerizing to watch them walk for two reasons: They're always much bigger in person, but they move so effortlessly that it's always strangely discombobulating to watch them walk, like they belong to another species or something. For instance, we all know one or two exceptionally tall people who don't play sports -- they always move gingerly, and their posture usually isn't that good, and everything about them says, "I wish I wasn't this tall." The best athletes in the NBA don't carry themselves like this. They glide. Everything moves effortlessly as they walk, and it's impossible to fully explain unless you've seen it. Even someone like Shaq glides across the room like he's the size of Steve Nash. They don't move like normal tall people.

So, before and after the show, I was vigilantly watching everyone stroll by for one reason: I wanted to see Oden and Durant walking in normal clothes. It was like the final piece of the "Durant vs. Oden" puzzle for me. As it turned out, I got to see Durant first -- he shuffled down the hallway, all 81 inches of him, looking like he was put on Earth to play sports for a living. No big surprise there. Even the biggest nonsports fan on the planet could watch Durant walk for 35 feet and think, "That guy was born to play basketball." Now, I needed Oden. We didn't see him before the show, and I didn't see him right afterward. Just when I was about to give up, a friend of mine said, "Yo, Oden just walked by."

I scurried down the hallway to see him. Lo and behold, Oden was walking by himself down the last stretch of the hallway, about 50 feet in all, right before the exit to head outside.

And you know what? He walked like a 50-year-old man. His posture was screwed up. He had the Fred Sanford walk going. If you saw him from behind and just studied his walk, you would have thought it was a retired player, someone like Patrick Ewing or Robert Parish. I couldn't believe it. I didn't stop talking about it the rest of the night. Greg Oden walked like a guy who had bad knees. If I were Portland's GM and watched Oden walk across the room, that would have been it for me. The next day, I even called my buddy Sully (who works for the Celtics) just to have the obligatory, "Yo, we might have dodged a bullet May 22; Greg Oden walks like a 50-year-old man" conversation.

Now, you could argue this is the single dumbest thing I've ever written, and you might even be right. Just know I have spent the past two months telling that Oden/ESPYS story to everyone who brought up the Oden-Durant thing to me. Sometimes in life, you just know with these things. And yeah, there's a chance he was already favoring his knee at the ESPYS, or he hurt his knee during summer league. There's also a chance his body doesn't carry its weight correctly and puts unnecessary stress on his legs and joints. ... You know, the exact same problem Sam Bowie had.

I hope I'm wrong. Portland needs Greg Oden to be good. The NBA needs Greg Oden to be good. On a personal note, I was legitimately excited to watch him play. Now he's gone for the season, and any NBA fan who doesn't cringe at the phrase "microfracture surgery" is lying their ass off. Amare Stoudemire came back, so there's hope for Blazers fans. Just don't tell me Greg Oden was the safe pick of the 2007 NBA draft. Two months ago, I wrote Durant was "the surest thing to come into the league since Jordan. Barring injury, he's going to be the league's next dominant forward."

That's what the Portland Trail Blazers passed up June 28, 2007. I thought it would haunt them some day. ... I just didn't know it would haunt them so soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

Roxsfan
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
I feel bad for him. I was looking forward to Yao's ownage of him :downspin:

milkyway21
09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
ESPN reporting they had to do microfracture surgery

Celebrated Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will likely miss the 2007-2008 season after undergoing knee surgery Thursday, the team said.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a microfracture surgery today," team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who performed the surgery, said in a statement posted on the Trail Blazers' Web site. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with microfracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage.

"There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all, he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from microfracture surgery."

The Blazers are to discuss the news at a 4:30 p.m. ET news conference. Oden's procedure was performed in Vancouver, Wash.

Oden described the knee pain in an entry Tuesday on his personal blog:

"On my vacation earlier this summer i got up off the couch and remember my knee having a sharp pain in it. That was about a month ago. I didn't tell anyone because i didn't want to seem like i was complaining or making excuses for anything. Plus i wasn't doing anything at the time i realized it hurt, so i figured it couldn't be anything big.

"After a couple of weeks, i had to finally tell someone so i went to St. Vincent's Sports Performance (where i worked out at before draft) and got my knee looked at. That was right before i moved to Portland for good. My knee was swollen since i was there. I finally just said that i need to tell my trainer because this is not normal. We went to the doctor's the next day to get a MRI and that night me and my mom ended up in the doctor's office being told that I have to get surgery. It's a light one, just a scoop, but still it's just another setback. I would like for me to be playing and not seem like i'm a high-maintenance player, but things just keep popping up.

This is Oden's second health problem since the Trail Blazers drafted him in June. He had a tonsillectomy in July after struggling in two Las Vegas summer league games.

Oden, despite being hampered by a wrist injury during his freshman (and only) season at Ohio State, averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds in leading the Buckeyes to the national championship game. He had 25 points and 12 rebounds in the loss to Florida.

The Trail Blazers were the surprise winners of the NBA draft lottery and chose Oden over Texas forward Kevin Durant, who went to Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017538
there were concerns regarding his health weeks before the draft, this might be one of IT. Wow, first the wrist, then this one.

It's like Beckham's fate :D you don't really know when he can play.

Sucks, I was actually looking forward to see Oden play alongside Duncan in the 2008 All-Star games. With Garnett is in the East now, there's a big chance Duncan will take the lead in the votes for PF position in the WC again.

And the ring ceremony game now will no longer be a must see game IMO.

duncan228
09-13-2007, 09:49 PM
And the ring ceremony game now will no longer be a must see game IMO.

It's a must see for the rings. :smokin

ducks
09-13-2007, 11:07 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/09/13/oden.surgery/index.html?cnn=yes

You may recall that 10 days before the draft last June we broke the news that some teams were concerned about Oden's physical status. One team in particular was worried about a number of problems.

"Our doctors saw some early signs of arthritis in his knees,'' an executive with that franchise recalled Thursday after news of Oden's microfracture had come out. "They were also really concerned with his hip and his back as well. The way they explained it, all of those problems are linked: The knee hurts because the back is doing this, and the back hurts because the hip is doing that. The doctors thought there was some inter-connectivity between each issue, so that basically his body was working against itself.''

What makes all of this complicated -- as anyone with a serious medical issue will attest -- is that different doctors will have different opinions. Provide the 30 NBA franchises with the same MRIs and medical results, and their team doctors will arrive at a variety of diagnoses and predictions.

Based on what Duffy had been told, Oden entered the draft with no pre-existing knee concerns. "Portland did more due diligence than anybody and their doctors saw nothing wrong with his knee,'' Duffy said.

if I am a blazer I find my own doctors

ducks
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
boston looks like they faired well for the draft now

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-13-2007, 11:26 PM

true dat

SequSpur
09-14-2007, 12:36 AM

in the draft not for the draft you got damn special ed short bus riding non ged passin dollar store buyin ADD dipshit.

mavs>spurs2
09-14-2007, 12:48 AM
in the draft not for the draft you got damn special ed short bus riding non ged passin dollar store buyin ADD dipshit.

You know i've been here for about a year now, and of your 15k+ posts I don't think one of them has been any type of quality post whatsoever.

milkyway21
09-14-2007, 01:40 AM
in the draft not for the draft you got damn special ed short bus riding non ged passin dollar store buyin ADD dipshit.head-scratcher ??? :oops

can you elaborate a little bit please?And be precise? I came from a country where English is not the main language and don't really get what you're really trying to say. :dizzy

milkyway21
09-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Boston is actually the winner compared to the Blazers this yr...
time can only tell how long Oden's knees can survive if he became a Celtic, who knows, 2-3 mos?

Pierce + Allen and KG :clap

atxrocker
09-14-2007, 03:16 AM
i like what simmons had to say about durant. i agree.

ShoogarBear
09-14-2007, 11:55 AM
head-scratcher ??? :oops

can you elaborate a little bit please?And be precise? I came from a country where English is not the main language and don't really get what you're really trying to say. :dizzy:lmao

Sequ is losing to ducks in a clarity battle.

ArgSpursFan
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
I guess the ROY aword will be between Durant and Scola now.

anakha
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes

SenorSpur
09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
This means the Fakers should now challenge for the 8th spot in the WC playoff picture.

polandprzem
09-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Sabas was helthy when Portland selected him in the first place

ArgSpursFan
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes

too bad Greeks can´t handle the pressure of the NBA, right? :depressed

milkyway21
09-14-2007, 09:45 PM
:lmao

Sequ is losing to ducks in a clarity battle.:lol maybe there's a new language ?? :oops

ducks
09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
:lmao

Sequ is losing to ducks in a clarity battle.
:hat

smeagol
09-14-2007, 10:26 PM
You know i've been here for about a year now, and of your 15k+ posts I don't think one of them has been any type of quality post whatsoever.
Manu = Manure was his high point.

It went downhill after that :lol

anakha
09-14-2007, 11:05 PM
too bad Greeks can´t handle the pressure of the NBA, right? :depressed

What do Greeks have anything to do with this? Your logic astounds me.
:rolleyes

anakha
09-14-2007, 11:11 PM
What do Greeks have anything to do with this? Your logic astounds me.
:rolleyes

Oops, just saw the newest locked thread. So much for getting an explanation for his logic.

Slinkyman
09-15-2007, 07:52 PM

uh, conley, horford, yi>scola

oh and Durant will win the ROY without any competion what so ever

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 08:21 PM
uh, conley, horford, yi>scola

oh and Durant will win the ROY without any competion what so ever

What about Scola?

:lol Just kidding