PDA

View Full Version : Mormons get owned!

Sense
09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Idk if you've seen this before....

it's gonna stir up some arguments I bet...

http://thecomforter.info/main/content/view/32/40/

lawl pwnt.

Wish I could be able to do that...

Sense
09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
aw ppl dnt wanna be mean.... cmon guys watch the whole video.

E20
09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
I stopped watching after 15 seconds.

Holt's Cat
09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
...or you could just not answer your door when the cult spawn duo show up.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Just say "Howdy, elder" and be on your way.

dallaskd
09-13-2007, 07:13 PM
ahaha awesome

Ripper
09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4NzjI0Dyc

Leetonidas
09-13-2007, 07:43 PM
It's funny because they think he is ignorant, and he ends up being smarter than them and owning their asses.

dallaskd
09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4NzjI0Dyc

:lmao

E20
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
It's funny because they think he is ignorant, and he ends up being smarter than them and owning their asses.
It's not ignorant it's ignant.

You know like fifty is actually fitty.

TheSanityAnnex
09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Good stuff.

missmyzte
09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
That's awesome .... :clap

Avitus1
09-14-2007, 06:26 AM
He switched it up on them. Pretty funny.

PakiDan
09-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I like Mormons, they taste like chicken.

101A
09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
at the end...very weakly, "I know Joseph Smith was a prophe........."

Complete and utter dominance.

I hope it causes the lost souls to question what they've been indoctrina...err, taught.

monosylab1k
09-14-2007, 10:52 AM
isn't that a black supremacist group?

edit: yeah, they pretty much are.

BacktoBasics
09-14-2007, 10:59 AM
That was pretty fucking good.

Sidenote: We almost and I'll stress almost found a black man that can use proper english.

monosylab1k
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
http://www.i4m.com/think/jpeg/south_park_translation.jpg
DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM!

LuvBones
09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
:lol that was awesome!

atxrocker
09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
haha. that was fucking great.

MoSpur
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
That was a good video.

Taco
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Toe To Toe!!!

Nice!!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Mormons have very interesting beliefs. Check out "Unmasking Mormonism". Pretty eye-opening.

Booharv
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Funny as hell, I'm going to send this shit to like 50 people, and I don't normally email vids or pics.

hater
09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
mormons are annoying.

one saturday morning I was playing video games and smoking weed at home and they came to bother me. I said no thanks and the fool asks to come in and have some water. I said, there is non water at my house.

fraga
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
"Oh my loooooooooooord....lord...lord...looooooord....."

Medvedenko
09-14-2007, 02:06 PM
They are actually both equally annoying. Both parties are trying to indoctrinate anyone who'll listen to their way of thought and idealogy. Now I appreciate the Christian point of view but what the fellow did to those Mormons were what he believed, it doesn't change anything.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-14-2007, 02:12 PM
They are actually both equally annoying. Both parties are trying to indoctrinate anyone who'll listen to their way of thought and idealogy. Now I appreciate the Christian point of view but what the fellow did to those Mormons were what he believed, it doesn't change anything.yeah. the way he talked down to them wasn't called for. especially after he told that other one not to talk because he "proved him wrong". my pastor preached on "why he hates christians" and it was the best sermon ever.

PakiDan
09-14-2007, 03:07 PM
yeah. the way he talked down to them wasn't called for. especially after he told that other one not to talk because he "proved him wrong". my pastor preached on "why he hates christians" and it was the best sermon ever.

preach on brother man!

Sense
09-14-2007, 09:54 PM
lol bout time some of you watched it.. i found it pretty neat... again wish i could do that.

Duff McCartney
09-14-2007, 10:13 PM
lol bout time some of you watched it.. i found it pretty neat... again wish i could do that.

You could read the Bible..and the book of Mormon..so you'll know what it's all about.

Oh and history too. I'm sure it's not hard to counter alot of claims.

Sense
09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
You could read the Bible..and the book of Mormon..so you'll know what it's all about.

Oh and history too. I'm sure it's not hard to counter alot of claims.

well yeah.. but I guess it'd be hard to remember...

the guy just puts alot of detail into and he just knows exactly what he's talking about..

the bible is... a big book...

I dont think I'd memorize all of it.. he sure looks like he did... or atleast he gave me that impression

Duff McCartney
09-14-2007, 10:19 PM
well yeah.. but I guess it'd be hard to remember...

the guy just puts alot of detail into and he just knows exactly what he's talking about..

the bible is... a big book...

I dont think I'd memorize all of it.. he sure looks like he did... or atleast he gave me that impression

I think he's not much better than them. I mean he openly says why do I need that?

I mean I'm not gonna say that Mormons are right..but him saying that the only book is the Bible is ludicruous for me at least. I think he could probably learn from the book of Mormon something as well.

Cry Havoc
09-14-2007, 10:19 PM
yeah. the way he talked down to them wasn't called for. especially after he told that other one not to talk because he "proved him wrong". my pastor preached on "why he hates christians" and it was the best sermon ever.

First of all, they approached him making vague statements that they expected him to take for granted -- they assumed he was of lower intelligence and/or lacking a faith-based system by making such generalized, blatant inaccuracies about the life of Jesus.

If that wasn't insulting enough, they asked him if he wanted to learn. When he asked a question, they couldn't answer it, and resorting to shoving a pamphlet in his face! That is absolutely the height of insulting, to be so haughty as to assume you could teach someone, to obviously NOT have done your homework or even stopped to consider the real rationale behind your words, and finally when someone calls you out on it, you hide behind the doctrine you're purported to be spreading and preaching, and oh so knowledgeable about! Absolute idiocy!

I can understand individuals who feel the need to state either party is annoying simply because they are both of faith, however, the man on the right obviously has studied his faith. He actually KNOWS what he's talking about. You should respect that if nothing else. He was simply calling out these guys for their narrow, arrogant view of the situation. He didn't become upset until they galled him.

Cry Havoc
09-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I think he's not much better than them. I mean he openly says why do I need that?

I mean I'm not gonna say that Mormons are right..but him saying that the only book is the Bible is ludicruous for me at least. I think he could probably learn from the book of Mormon something as well.

He very clearly states the rationale for why he doesn't "need" the book of Mormon, especially not when it's pushed on him by a couple of roving idiots that have little to say and far too high of an opinion of the nothing they are attempting to spread. The way they present it speaks very little for the book of Mormon, much like the way many Christians present the Bible is a poor representation of the book itself.

Duff McCartney
09-14-2007, 10:24 PM
He very clearly states the rationale for why he doesn't "need" the book of Mormon, especially not when it's pushed on him by a couple of roving idiots that have little to say and far too high of an opinion of the nothing they are attempting to spread. The way they present it speaks very little for the book of Mormon, much like the way many Christians present the Bible is a poor representation of the book itself.

I'm not gonna disagree with you...but that doesn't mean he shouldn't take it. Like you said...many Christians represent the Bible poorly..but that doesn't make the book itself something you couldn't read and learn about.

That was the point I was making.

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 10:31 PM

We shouldn't be too hard on them. After all, he's probably the second black man they've met in their lives...

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/phil_taylor/02/14/retirement/p1_malone.jpg

Cry Havoc
09-14-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm not gonna disagree with you...but that doesn't mean he shouldn't take it. Like you said...many Christians represent the Bible poorly..but that doesn't make the book itself something you couldn't read and learn about.

That was the point I was making.

He's not obligated to take anything. If a salesperson comes to your door, you are not at fault if you say, "No thanks."

These guys KNEW he didn't want it and still tried to push it on him. Not only is that insensitive, but it's clear that if anyone is in need of wisdom, it's not him.

There are literally thousands of works of literature in this world that you can gain knowledge or wisdom from, or tens of thousands. He was most likely (knowing he's on camera) representing the idea that the Bible stands alone -- it is NOT necessary to have the book of Mormon, for Christians believe the Bible is the source of all wisdom*. Had he taken the book, he would have belied that notion.

I myself might have taken it, if nothing else than just to placate them. Of course, I wasn't the one being insulted and disrespected by missionaries on bikes attempting to teach me something they clearly know very little about.

*The original source of all wisdom. As said earlier, not the only book that can be gained from.

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Don't send your kids to my door to invite me to learn about your cult. Don't send them to sell me cookies either. Send them to sell me beer and hard liquor at cut rate prices.

WHOTTABITCH
09-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Don't send your kids to my door to invite me to learn about your cult. Don't send them to sell me cookies either. Send them to sell me beer and hard liquor at cut rate prices.

They'll probably just offer kotex and catnip.

monosylab1k
09-14-2007, 11:44 PM
As versed as he was, he obvious doesn't know much about the parts of the Bible describing loving & accepting persons of all kinds since he is part of a religious organization that supports black supremacy.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-14-2007, 11:54 PM
They're going to hell for wearing those gay helmets

Ronaldo McDonald
09-15-2007, 12:27 AM
First of all, they approached him making vague statements that they expected him to take for granted -- they assumed he was of lower intelligence and/or lacking a faith-based system by making such generalized, blatant inaccuracies about the life of Jesus.

If that wasn't insulting enough, they asked him if he wanted to learn. When he asked a question, they couldn't answer it, and resorting to shoving a pamphlet in his face! That is absolutely the height of insulting, to be so haughty as to assume you could teach someone, to obviously NOT have done your homework or even stopped to consider the real rationale behind your words, and finally when someone calls you out on it, you hide behind the doctrine you're purported to be spreading and preaching, and oh so knowledgeable about! Absolute idiocy!

I can understand individuals who feel the need to state either party is annoying simply because they are both of faith, however, the man on the right obviously has studied his faith. He actually KNOWS what he's talking about. You should respect that if nothing else. He was simply calling out these guys for their narrow, arrogant view of the situation. He didn't become upset until they galled him.

When you mean calling someone out on it...do you mean saying "what you should know is that you are not in something that is divinely inspired God"?

Because it's what the black guy said.

That ignorant statement is the basis for his argument, and the basis for his derision towards them.

Both of them are trying support arguments that can't be proven.

Thus they are both ignorant. And stupid.

And if both parties actually knew anything they'd realize that they have nothing to prove - other than that they're idiots - and just move along with their lives.

Ignignokt
09-15-2007, 09:47 AM
As versed as he was, he obvious doesn't know much about the parts of the Bible describing loving & accepting persons of all kinds since he is part of a religious organization that supports black supremacy.

He also dishonestly ommitted the first chapter of the Gospel John where it said," He came for is own, and his own wanted him not.". When he was trying to refute the JospehSmithsonians about wether jesus was rejected by the people.

He also said many very broad verses.

but are they really a black pseudo messianic jew supremacy group?

BacktoBasics
09-15-2007, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't be interested in either works of fiction.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2007, 10:32 AM
When you mean calling someone out on it...do you mean saying "what you should know is that you are not in something that is divinely inspired God"?

Because it's what the black guy said.

That ignorant statement is the basis for his argument, and the basis for his derision towards them.

Both of them are trying support arguments that can't be proven.

Thus they are both ignorant. And stupid.

And if both parties actually knew anything they'd realize that they have nothing to prove - other than that they're idiots - and just move along with their lives.

No, the basis for his derision towards them was the fact that they immediately assumed they could "teach" him something. Then, when they started presenting broad, open-ended statements about the life of Jesus, he asked them simple questions that they could not answer. Would you be okay with a 20th Century history professor who was giving out tests and quizzes and determining your grade for a semester but couldn't answer simple questions you had about say, WWII or the Vietnam War?

You are correct. There is nothing that you can prove from what they are discussing. Now please prove to me ANYTHING regarding the theory of relativity, or the Big Bang, or nearly anything within the confines of astrophysics.

Wait... what.... you can't? All you can't provide is evidence for the conclusions that scientists have discovered or hypothesized?

Wow. I guess EVERY scientist on the planet that hasn't conclusively "proven" something is a complete moron.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2007, 10:36 AM
He also dishonestly ommitted the first chapter of the Gospel John where it said," He came for is own, and his own wanted him not.". When he was trying to refute the JospehSmithsonians about wether jesus was rejected by the people.

He also said many very broad verses.

No, he did not. What, do you want him to quote the entire Bible regarding the crucifixion? He asked THEM what they meant by the statement THEY made. He asked them their own statement back to them, "Who are you saying rejected Jesus?"

They couldn't answer it. They couldn't answer a basic question about what they were preaching. Many thousands of people did NOT reject Christ, and many people flocked to the hillsides when he went to teach.

Ignignokt
09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
No, he did not. What, do you want him to quote the entire Bible regarding the crucifixion? He asked THEM what they meant by the statement THEY made. He asked them their own statement back to them, "Who are you saying rejected Jesus?"

They couldn't answer it. They couldn't answer a basic question about what they were preaching. Many thousands of people did NOT reject Christ, and many people flocked to the hillsides when he went to teach.

Moronmon wasn't making a blanketed statement. Morever they were confused why the dude made a big deal and painted it as a generalization. People did ultimately reject Christ's message. He was only accompanied by John the apostle Mary Magdelegne and his Mother during his crucifixion. People loved his message about peace, and his speeches about the unfair religous and governmental system. But they ultimately rejected his Kingdom of God message. So he was just being a jerk the way i see it.

I agree, that the mormons don't know shit.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-15-2007, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE]No, the basis for his derision towards them was the fact that they immediately assumed they could "teach" him something. Then, when they started presenting broad, open-ended statements about the life of Jesus, he asked them simple questions that they could not answer.

Yea, he was pissed that they went up to him clearly not knowing a lot about what they were trying to to teach, but he wasn't deriding them, just exposing them.

But once he accused them of not practicing a religion inspired by God it went from exposing what they didn't know about Christian history, which isn't derision, to being narrow minded and derisive.

You are correct. There is nothing that you can prove from what they are discussing. Now please prove to me ANYTHING regarding the theory of relativity, or the Big Bang, or nearly anything within the confines of astrophysics.

Wait... what.... you can't? All you can't provide is evidence for the conclusions that scientists have discovered or hypothesized?

You're right, the Big Bang can't be proven, and NO scientist will say it can. Same thing with the theory of evolution. Science doesn't make the claim that they ARE true, but that there's a great possibilty that they are, based on what is known so far. Every theory can be potentially be disproved.

Religion makes a claim that what it says is true. That nothing else is true. That it can't be denied.

The approach to science and religion are different in that the one (science) leaves room for further contemplation and the other (religion) doesn't. One is openminded and the other isn't. One raises more questions and the other has fueled wars.

Comparing the two is stupid.

Wow. I guess EVERY scientist on the planet that hasn't conclusively "proven" something is a complete moron.

I never said believing in something i.e. religion that hasn't been proven is moronic.

But to argue over religion is.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-15-2007, 01:09 PM
edit: double post

Ronaldo McDonald
09-15-2007, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Cry Havoc]He's not obligated to take anything. If a salesperson comes to your door, you are not at fault if you say, "No thanks."

These guys KNEW he didn't want it and still tried to push it on him.

No. He was the one extending the converstion.

He knew who they were and when they asked him if he wanted to hear what they had to say he said yes.

He even ridiculed them when they said they weren't going to talk about this all night long, which implies that he actually wanted to extend the argument.

They simply stayed in a conversation that for the most part he wanted to keep going.

IMO they politely listened to what had to say.

Switchman
09-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Like they were going to do anything. You know they were praying not to get shot at the time.

religious wars :wankfest:

E20
09-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Did they get stallowned or just owned, because if they didn't get stallowned then there is no point, because Moromons get regularly owned all the time.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Yea, he was pissed that they went up to him clearly not knowing a lot about what they were trying to to teach, but he wasn't deriding them, just exposing them.

But once he accused them of not practicing a religion inspired by God it went from exposing what they didn't know about Christian history, which isn't derision, to being narrow minded and derisive.

I'm not going to debate the intricacies of Mormonism with you, as there are other things to do on a Saturday that are much more enjoyable (Go Cubbies!).

Again, my point is that in this instance, he lists a reason why he does not accept the testament of Joseph Smith. He never said that he would not read it. He was just refusing the offer of a pamphlet from these two. Considering how well he quotes the Bible, there is a chance he's already read the book of Mormon.

You're right, the Big Bang can't be proven, and NO scientist will say it can. Same thing with the theory of evolution. Science doesn't make the claim that they ARE true, but that there's a great possibilty that they are, based on what is known so far. Every theory can be potentially be disproved.

Religion makes a claim that what it says is true. That nothing else is true. That it can't be denied.

There is a distinct difference between the two. The Bible is not an attempt to explain how a star explodes into a supernova. It contains no references to atoms or the formula for chemical reactions. It is not a book of science, and any Christian who takes it literally enough to believe it is probably still thinks that this planet contains only fire, air, water, and Earth.

The approach to science and religion are different in that the one (science) leaves room for further contemplation and the other (religion) doesn't. One is openminded and the other isn't.

Science will never be able to prove that Jesus was the messiah. Indeed, they have had not been able to provide datum for his very existence until recently. Since much of the Bible is a faith-based system, it cannot leave any breathing room. Otherwise, it will be gradually taken apart by erosive forces and corruption over the centuries until you're left with 100,000 messiahs and 1400 different deities, or just a bunch of old people squabbling over who did what. Likely both. I know many close-minded atheists and even agnostics. I know many self-proclaimed Christians who view science as a negative thing. I disagree with both.

Comparing the two is stupid.

I would say that arguing one over the other is impossible. Which is why stating a faith (or even a philosophy) is false because there is no proof is equally pointless. Would you ever attempt to "prove" the validity of Democracy, Socialism, or a Monarchy? You can always cite the various failures of each, but you can never prove that one government is better than another.

But to argue over religion is.

I believe civilized discourse over various faiths is much like disagreeing about philosophy. You can learn something. These mormons chose not to learn anything and argue when they had no answers. The other guy chose not to try to deign any wisdom from a couple of individuals who were utterly clueless.

One raises more questions and the other has fueled wars.

Faith wasn't the reason for the crusades (if that's what you're referencing). It was the Catholic church gaining so much power that it felt the need to spread and conquer. It had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with power-hungry individuals taking advantage of an uneducated populace.

It should be at the time important to note the difference between religion, something Jesus never supported, and faith. Religion is not what Christianity is about. Jesus said, "For who believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

It says nothing about "those who go to church and recite the same incantations every week and blindly follow those around them". Religion IS what is killing so many in the Middle-east. Two peoples who care more about an area of land than being kind to each other. The Bible DOES say to fellowship with one another. I do not find that objectionable in the least, since we as humans need each other for strength and comfort.

However, I have to wonder. As stupid as killing each other over a scrap of land is, do you really think they wouldn't have found some other reason to be pissed at each other even without the "Holy land"?

And furthermore, for the record, meet Joseph Stalin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin

General Secretary of Russia. Responsible for the deaths of 9 million of his own people. He wasn't an atheist in the true sense of the word, however this is only due to the fact that he attempted to set up a complete system of religion with himself as the pinnacle.

Hitler was also mostly anti-religion, as demonstrated in these quotes:

"The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity."

"National Socialism and religion cannot exist together....

Sorry for the length of this post. I just believe in thoroughly explaining my position.

No. He was the one extending the converstion.

For the most part. They did their own, when the moron on the left stated that he knew nothing and that he "knows" Joseph Smith was a prophet.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with continuing the conversation. He is still not obligated to take what they are offering, especially if they cannot back it up.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Whether faith plays a small part in your reason or a big part it's still fuel for unneeded disagreement.

that's all i'm trying to say.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Whether faith plays a small part in your reason or a big part it's still fuel for unneeded disagreement.

that's all i'm trying to say.

What's wrong with disagreement? Two adults should be able to disagree cordially. I daresay it's one of the reasons that forums like this exist, so people of different places can come together and express opinions about the sport. Thousands of wars have been fought over land, influence, culture, or women. If two peoples want to go to war, they will find a reason to facilitate the process.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-15-2007, 05:17 PM
What's wrong with disagreement? Two adults should be able to disagree cordially. I daresay it's one of the reasons that forums like this exist, so people of different places can come together and express opinions about the sport. Thousands of wars have been fought over land, influence, culture, or women. If two peoples want to go to war, they will find a reason to facilitate the process.

nothing is wrong with disagreement...only unneeded disagreement. Disagreement, wherein two people are fighting over something that hasn't any known connection to reality and truth

that is just stupid

monosylab1k
09-15-2007, 06:00 PM

from everything i've seen, yeah. they don't allow whites to be part of their religion and belive that blacks are "blessed" and whites are the descendants of Edom. I dont know if they're militant about it like the Nation Of Islam, but they're definitely black supremacists.

Which completely negates any "knowlege" they think they have of the Bible.