PDA

View Full Version : Co-Habitating Condi

Nbadan
09-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with any of this....

http://longevity2.stanford.edu/images/w_Bean.jpg
Condi's college roomy and live-in?

Secretary of State, who keeps private life shrouded, co-owns home with female filmmaker
John Byrne
Published: Friday September 14, 2007

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice co-owned a home and shared a line of credit with another woman, according to Washington Post diplomatic correspondent Glenn Kessler, who reveals the information in his new book, The Confidante: Condoleezza Rice and the Creation of the Bush Legacy.

Kessler discussed the revelations with talk-show host and gay author Michaelangelo Signorile Friday on his Sirius Radio show.

According to the book, Rice owns a home together with Randy Bean, a documentary filmmaker who once worked with Bill Moyers. Kessler made the discovery by looking through real estate records.

Bean explained the joint ownership and line of credit to Kessler by saying she had medical bills which left her financially drained and Rice helped her by co-purchasing the house along with a third person, Coit Blacker, a Stanford professor who is openly gay.

Blacker later sold his line of credit to Rice and Bean.

Kessler mentions rumors about Rice's sexuality in the book and notes that many older single heterosexual women have been "unfairly" targeted with regard to their sexual orientation. He also says Rice has been the focus of "nasty attacks."

When asked about the revelations on Signorile's show, Kessler "said he did not know if this meant there was something more to the relationship between the woman beyond a friendship."

Perhaps the most popular remaining high-profile figure in the Bush Administration, Rice was promoted to succeed Bush by many of her backers. She repeatedly declined offers to run for president in 2008 and will return to Stanford upon her departure from the White House.

Rice faced attacks from liberals in the gay community over the State Department's reluctance to rebuke Iran for the hanging of gay teenagers. The gay rights lobby Human Rights Campaign called on Rice in 2005 to condemn Iran's human rights abuses after the hanging of two gay teenagers, and to express indignation over "other horrific human rights abuses against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people across the globe."

Rice did not.

The Secretary has remained silent on whether gays should be allowed to serve in the military and has not commented on the permanent partners immigration act.

Andy Humm, a New York gay journalist who discussed the Iran hangings on his TV show Gay USA, says Rice's silence gives "consent."

"Condi Rice works for an administration that uses attacks on gay rights to win votes," Humm told RAW STORY. "She has stood by silently while the President has proposed writing anti-gay discrimination into the Constitution of the United States. Whenever she is given the opportunity to distance herself from their anti-gay polices she punts."

"Silence," he added, "gives consent."

Signorile excerpted a brief quote from Kessler's book on his blog.

"After she became secretary of state, she came to a party at Blacker's house, kicked off her shoes, and began dancing through the night to rock and and roll," Kessler wrote. "Blacker, who is gay, wanted to show his partner how tight her behind is; he postulated that if he aimed a quarter at her butt, it would bounce off like a rocket. He was right. Rice, who was dancing, didn't realize what he had done until everyone began laughing hysterically. She was flattered -- and proud."

The blogger who first posted emails about former Rep. Mark Foley's (R-FL) solicitation of male Congressional pages, Lane Hudson, also questions Rice's silence.

"Secretary Rice has typified the juxtaposition that many Republicans have between their public and private lives," Hudson said. "Privately, she is very supportive of gays. However, she heads a State Department that has done little to move foreign governments around the world in the direction of equal rights for their citizens."

Steve Clemons, who blogs at The Washington Note -- and who travels in high-level foreign policy circles -- told RAW STORY that "Condoleeza Rice may or may not be gay but that she is in a relationship which legitimately raises these kinds of questions. Before he took office, the president and first lady had close relationships with a number of gay men, including Charles Francis, whose brother managed Bush's reelection campaign for Texas governor."

Rawstory (http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Secretary_of_State_who_keeps_private_0914.html)

None of this is really surprising. Prominent rich gays are the biggest family bashers out there - so it may be that many prominent republicans not only are closet gays but also give big money to anti-family pro-big bidnez legislators....

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I guess The Globe didn't nab this exclusive.

xrayzebra
09-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey dan, I thought Condi had a thing going with Bush? Make up
your mind...

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Dan's just trying to meet his daily thread quota, that's all.

Nbadan
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I guess The Globe didn't nab this exclusive.

...take that up with the editors of the globe....

ChumpDumper
09-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Why was this posted?

Rice is incompetent and in way over her head but who cares about her sexuality or ass tightness?

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 02:55 PM
The Globe has editors?

xrayzebra
09-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Why was this posted?

Rice is incompetent and in way over her head but who cares about her sexuality or ass tightness?

Dammit, dan is... :p:

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Why was this posted?

Because it can be seen as negative news about the 'other team'.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2007, 03:00 PM
And there's nothing saying she's even living or has lived with this woman.

Nbadan
09-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Like it or not this is news....if it had been Hitlary, Sean Insannity and Rush would be all over this like stink on shit....

Nbadan
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM
It was God and Football which brought the two friends(?) together...

Rice earned her PhD in international relations at Denver in 1981, and became an assistant professor at Stanford, where the football program was flagging. She went to every home game anyway, and met her best friend in the process--Randy Bean, also a daughter of a minister who raised her to love football.

"People ask how we became friends and I always say, `God and football,’’’ said Bean, a documentary filmmaker for Stanford. "I could forgive Condi her politics because she loved football, and likewise she could forgive mine.’’

Link (http://www.eastandard.net/archives/cl/hm_news/news.php?articleid=12571&date=7/2/2005)

Spurminator
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Like it or not this is news....if it had been Hitlary, Sean Insannity and Rush would be all over this like stink on shit....

But it wasn't and they didn't.

George Gervin's Afro
I'm a lesbian. Just thought I would let everyone know.

johnsmith

No, this is news to you. Everyone else thinks you're an idiot.

Holt's Cat
09-14-2007, 03:04 PM

How about you email it to them? Nobody else here cares that much about those two one way or the other. This forum might improve a little bit if you'd end this obsession with those two.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Like it or not this is news....if it had been Hitlary, Sean Insannity and Rush would be all over this like stink on shit....I think it's pretty common knowledge that Hillary knows at least two gay people.

xrayzebra
09-14-2007, 03:06 PM

Hey dan when is the last time you got a little....whatever,
and is that news......just checking. And would you give
us a link....that is if it is long enough to fill the url space!

clambake
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
This should be a thread about "the most invisible Sec. of State" this country has ever had.

I hope she is gay. At least she would be doing something.

exstatic
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
This should be a thread about "the most invisible Sec. of State" this country has ever had.

I hope she is gay. At least she would be doing something.
Condi is a textbook real world example of the Peter Principle.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Maybe some people just believe in privacy? If you actually listen, republicans, in general, only complain about the gays who push their agenda in other peoples faces.

TLWisfoine
09-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Maybe some people just believe in privacy? If you actually listen, republicans, in general, only complain about the gays who push their agenda in other peoples faces.

People, in general, only complain about Republicans who try to push their agenda on them as well

exstatic
09-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, why can't the Christians be "quiet"?

Nbadan
09-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, no one got the obvious underlying joke in this thread - which was 'Rice and Beans'

Wild Cobra
09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
People, in general, only complain about Republicans who try to push their agenda on them as well
There is a dramatic difference between any republican agenda I can think of vs. how 'in-your-face' much of the gay community is. Any examples that are 'in-your-face' bad?

Wild Cobra
09-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, why can't the Christians be "quiet"?
I have to agree when it comes to the likes of the Jehovah Witnesses.

DarkReign
09-21-2007, 01:46 PM
There is a dramatic difference between any republican agenda I can think of vs. how 'in-your-face' much of the gay community is. Any examples that are 'in-your-face' bad?

Patriotism (or lack thereof)
Iraq
Al Queda
"Terrists"
9/11....9/11....9/11....

xrayzebra
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I have to agree when it comes to the likes of the Jehovah Witnesses.

Why, they are at least a legitimate religion? It is, at least
at this moment, a free country. But we still have the
"moderate Muslims" to contend with. Yeah, all of you
heard me right. I don't like their religion, but they have
the right to practice it. Just don't impose it on me or
anyone else.

Wild Cobra
09-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Why, they are at least a legitimate religion? It is, at least
at this moment, a free country. But we still have the
"moderate Muslims" to contend with. Yeah, all of you
heard me right. I don't like their religion, but they have
the right to practice it. Just don't impose it on me or
anyone else.
I've seen some rather pushy ones going door to door. I hate door to door.

I wonder how many people they catch in a bad mood who want to take it out on them?

Wild Cobra
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Patriotism (or lack thereof)
Iraq
Al Queda
"Terrists"
9/11....9/11....9/11....
You don't have any young kids in school that have to put up with liberal indoctrination. Do you? Kids shouldn't have their innocence taken away from them. Homosexuality should not be taught in the schools. Just one item of many.

clambake
09-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I've seen some rather pushy ones going door to door. I hate door to door.

I wonder how many people they catch in a bad mood who want to take it out on them?
what do you say to them when they're at your door?

clambake
09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Homosexuality should not be taught in the schools. Just one item of many.

do you want them to learn it on the streets or would you rather they be sent someplace special?

johnsmith
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
do you want them to learn it on the streets or would you rather they be sent someplace special?

At which point in your schooling were you educated about homosexuality?

clambake
09-21-2007, 02:21 PM

actually, it was the first time I ever saw Liberace!!!

Oh, Gee!!
09-21-2007, 02:25 PM
actually, it was the first time I ever saw Liberace!!!

heeeeyyyyyy!!!!

Wild Cobra
09-21-2007, 02:27 PM
what do you say to them when they're at your door?
LOL... I've been known to tell them to "get the fuck off my property," but then I sometimes take that attitude to all solicitors if in a bad mood. I especially love it when they start judging a person, then I turn around and ask something "doesn't the Bible say we shouldn't judge on another?"

I have almost zero tolerance for them. I grew up in a Quaker church, when I lived in Newberg, where George Fox College is. Can't you tell with my hawkish military stances? Joking… Quakers are pacifists… Most other Quaker values are instilled in my soul however.

wiki: Quaker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaker)

wiki: Geroge Fox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fox)

George Fox University web site (http://www.georgefox.edu/)

wiki: George Fox University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fox_University)

Wild Cobra
09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
My schooling only taught of the basic sex education when I was in Jr. High and later. AIDS wasn’t even known then. Today, they are teaching more detailed information in grade school. I guess I should have been more specific. I thought by saying "kids" and "innocence" that my age category was obvious. Can we at least keep it out of the grade schools? I keep forgetting some people will jump to agenda driven conclusions, and some will intentionally twist a persons meaning. My bad I guess. Have to spell everything out…

clambake
09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
My schooling only taught of the basic sex education when I was in Jr. High and later. AIDS wasn’t even known then. Today, they are teaching more detailed information in grade school. I guess I should have been more specific. I thought by saying "kids" and "innocence" that my age category was obvious. Can we at least keep it out of the grade schools? I keep forgetting some people will jump to agenda driven conclusions, and some will intentionally twist a persons meaning. My bad I guess. Have to spell everything out…

Nope. For me it was Liberace, or the time that Chuck Conners asked me if I wanted to ride his stick pony.

johnsmith
09-21-2007, 02:55 PM

I was joking.

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Homosexuality should not be taught in the schools. Yeah, that's what the Boy Scouts are for.

clambake
09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that's what the Boy Scouts are for.
or church

DarkReign
09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
or church
or political internships

Oh, Gee!!
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
or frat houses

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 03:20 PM
or summer camps

Oh, Gee!!
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
or submarines

clambake
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
or Chuck Conners

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
or bachelor uncles

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
or married uncles

xrayzebra
09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Why does every thread have to turn to "homosexuality". That
has to be some kind of message.

What do you tell a Jehovah Witnesses. Simple. I am Jewish.
They leave like you hit them with a cattle prod.

Some years back I went to a funeral of a cousin. Some of
us men were sitting in the drive way talking when some
Jehovah Witnesses showed up and started talking their
religion. Well I had a distant cousin, who incidentally was
an ex-con who got religion in the pen and had studied the
bible inside out, and it was like the dueling banjo's listening
to those folks quoting bible verse after bible verse to each
other. The conversation between the two went for well over
an hour. No winners as far as I could tell, at least no one
conceded anything, except they both knew that they had met
someone who knew their bible verse.

I still don't like the Moderate Muslims.

Oh, Gee!!
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Why does every thread have to turn to "homosexuality".

sigworthy

clambake
09-21-2007, 04:51 PM
ray said cattle prod. that's hot.

Nbadan
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Rejection hurts...

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ricehand.jpg
Networks Reject Secretary Of State As Sunday Show Guest

Over the past two years, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has been on the Sunday talk shows 30 times, making her the most second frequent guest after Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE).

But that may be changing. In his Washington Post column, Howard Kurtz reveals that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is no longer a “prize catch” for the Sunday talk shows. She was recently turned down by both CBS and NBC:

The secretary of state has always been considered a prize catch for the Sunday talk shows. But when the White House offered Condoleezza Rice for appearances eight days ago, after a week focused on Iraq, two programs took the unusual step of turning her down.

Executives at CBS and NBC say Rice no longer seems to be a key player on the war and that her cautious style makes her a frustrating guest.

“I expected we’d just get a repetition of the administration’s talking points, which had already been well circulated,” says Bob Schieffer, host of CBS’s “Face the Nation,” who questioned two senators instead. “We’d had a whole week of that with General Petraeus and President Bush.”

Television media aren’t the only ones uninterested in Rice. A few months ago, every single major newspaper turned it down an op-ed by Rice on Lebanon. Price Floyd, formerly the State Department’s director of media affairs, recounted that the piece was filled glowing references to President Bush’s wise leadership and “read like a campaign document.”

Recent reports indicate that Rice’s influence within the White House is also waning, giving way to the more extreme policies of Cheney and his allies. A Newsweek article in June found that Cheney’s national-security team had “been actively challenging Rice’s Iran strategy in recent months.” In April, Rice advocated that five members of the Iran Revolutionary Guard be freed from captivity, but she was overruled after Cheney “made the firmest case for keeping them.”

These reports contrast when Rice first became Secretary of State. The media gushingly predicted she would succeed because she and Bush “know each other so well they have conversations based on body language” and speculated that she may even run for president in 2008.

This past Sunday, none of the five network talk shows turned down Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), who appeared on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, and Fox

clambake
09-24-2007, 07:24 PM
let her speak. i slept through her other interviews.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2007, 07:59 PM
They turned her down because she's gay!