PDA

View Full Version : Proof the Big 10 Sucks:

SrA Husker
09-15-2007, 03:45 PM
0-2 Iowa State defeats Iowa.

Holt's Cat
09-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Rivalry game, of course. But yes, the Big Ten sucks. Also, ND sucks a bit more so far today.

SrA Husker
09-15-2007, 04:50 PM
To erase all rivalry aspects, FAU knocked off Minnesota. There, how's that? :)

K-State Spur
09-15-2007, 05:47 PM
well, we did take a hit in Troy last night. K-State playing Auburn close doesn't look so good anymore. UNL is going to have their hands full tonight. Texas doesn't look sharp. ISU had lost to N. Iowa. Colorado still looks very flawed. A&M struggled with a decent, but not great, Fresno team.

Not sure we can crow too much at the moment. I blame our TV deal... (tic)

scott
09-15-2007, 06:20 PM
OU, carrying the burden of the entire Big 12 again...

Kermit
09-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Until they lose to A&M, KSU, Ok St., or Boisie St.

Nobody chokes quite as spectacularly as the Gooners. That being said, they should kick UT's ass this year.

Holt's Cat
09-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Dregs of the ACC Duke are up 20-7 over the dregs of the Big Ten Northwestern at NU in the 3rd.

Holt's Cat
09-15-2007, 09:21 PM
http://www.electric-bazar.net/blog/images/ploblog.jpg

Out of context post of the day goes to...

Thunder Dan
09-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I agree the Big Ten is in a down year. Though statistically the ACC is still worse, I think the Pac-10 deserves a mention. Here is why:

Cincy killed Oregon St.
Wisconsin beat down Washington St.
tOSU beats Washington pretty good
UCLA got their ass kicked by Utah (yeah Utah)
Oregon, Cal and USC are basically the only teams in the Pac-10, and I'm not ready to say that Oregon is actually that great, they just found themselves matched against a team that was built to stop Big-10 Football (which isn't a spread offense)

MajorMike
09-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Yeah... an FAU team OSU beat 42-6. Where is the logic in that??

Thunder Dan
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM

and Oklahoma State got worked by Troy which is in the same conference as FAU.

tlongII
09-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I agree the Big Ten is in a down year. Though statistically the ACC is still worse, I think the Pac-10 deserves a mention. Here is why:

Cincy killed Oregon St.
Wisconsin beat down Washington St.
tOSU beats Washington pretty good
UCLA got their ass kicked by Utah (yeah Utah)
Oregon, Cal and USC are basically the only teams in the Pac-10, and I'm not ready to say that Oregon is actually that great, they just found themselves matched against a team that was built to stop Big-10 Football (which isn't a spread offense)

The Pac-10 is the best football conference in the nation hands down. Oregon State outgained Cincy statistically, but got whooped because of 6 ints by rookie QB's. The Beavs will steadily improve throughout the year. tOSU pulled away late at UW and the Huskies led at halftime. UCLA has great talent, but an idiot coach. You did notice that Oregon State ripped Utah previously?

Thunder Dan
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
The Pac-10 is the best football conference in the nation hands down. Oregon State outgained Cincy statistically, but got whooped because of 6 ints by rookie QB's. The Beavs will steadily improve throughout the year. tOSU pulled away late at UW and the Huskies led at halftime. UCLA has great talent, but an idiot coach. You did notice that Oregon State ripped Utah previously?

-The Huskies were out of the game by mid 3rd quarter (after Washington's 2nd possesion of the 2nd half)

-a loss to Cincy is still a loss to Cincy. Michigan I believe out gained App. St., but they still lost.

-Michigan has great talent but an idiot coach (top 5 recruiting class every year)

-ripping Utah is never a feather in a cap

take USC out of that conference and you will have a bunch of Michigan States and Iowas.

johngateswhiteley
09-17-2007, 06:40 PM

i agree, the Pac-10 is the best conference this year. plus, it is usually tougher than people realize.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
and Oklahoma State got worked by Troy which is in the same conference as FAU.

:lol

samikeyp
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
How many batteries does it take to stop a Wolverine?

1 AA :)

scott
09-17-2007, 09:49 PM

scott
09-17-2007, 09:56 PM

So... Utah lost by 17 to Oregon State, but beat #11 UCLA by 38, and Oregon State lost to Cincy by 31... does that make Cincy 86 points better than the Bruins?

There's only 1 good team in the Pac-10, and anyone with a basic knowledge of football (meaning several grades beyond JGW levels) can see it. Cal looked good in their drubbing of Tennessee, but not nearly as good as Florida doing it.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, as their are only 4 teams worthy of national title consideration this year. They should just have a 4 team round-robin between USC, LSU, OU and Florida now.

tlongII
09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
So... Utah lost by 17 to Oregon State, but beat #11 UCLA by 38, and Oregon State lost to Cincy by 31... does that make Cincy 86 points better than the Bruins?

There's only 1 good team in the Pac-10, and anyone with a basic knowledge of football (meaning several grades beyond JGW levels) can see it. Cal looked good in their drubbing of Tennessee, but not nearly as good as Florida doing it.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, as their are only 4 teams worthy of national title consideration this year. They should just have a 4 team round-robin between USC, LSU, OU and Florida now.

USC, Cal, and Oregon should be the top 3 teams in the country.

Поповић
09-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Oregon? Cal? I'm glad Oden is a bust.

MajorMike
09-18-2007, 08:04 AM
That's some cool script Popovich, how you do that?

JamStone
09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Why did you need more proof after Appalachian State?

Yes, the Big 10 sucks right now. As a Michigan alum and a Big 10 fan (except Ohio State :lol ), hopefully, it gets better again.

DarkReign
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM

Yes, the Big 10 sucks right now. As a Michigan alum and a Big 10 fan (except Ohio State :lol ), hopefully, it gets better again.

Youre a UM alum? What year?

Thunder Dan
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Appalachian State would

Beat these teams:
Stanford
Oregon State
Arizona
Iowa State (can't stop a spread)
Baylor
UCLA
Kansas
NC State
North Carolina
Duke
Notre Dame
Virginia

Might Beat these teams
Oklahoma State
Maryland
Virginia Tech (again, can't stop a spread)
Wake Forest
Arizona State
Washington State
Washington
Kansas St.

Would come close:
Texas A&M
Texas (everyone does this year)
Nebraska (close I mean by 2-3 OT's)
Colorado
Florida State

JamStone
09-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Youre a UM alum? What year?

1997 ... I graduated the year before they won the split national championship :rolleyes

lebomb
09-18-2007, 12:26 PM

Any team can beat ANY team on ANY given day..............let the shit play out......no need to just think 4 teams can only win it. :rolleyes

DarkReign
09-21-2007, 12:12 PM
1997 ... I graduated the year before they won the split national championship :rolleyes

Ann Arbor, not Dearborn, right?