PDA

View Full Version : NY POST: A MIRACLE FOR MR. MET (Spurs Coyote news)

Solid D
09-16-2007, 07:22 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152007/postopinion/editorials/a_miracle_for_mr__met.htm

September 15, 2007 -- It may have been a wild-card victory, but Mr. Met is grinning nevertheless.

The iconic Mets mascot finished a close second in this year's Internet balloting for a spot in the Mascot Hall of Fame, prompting Hall officials to honor him along with the winner, the San Antonio Spurs' Coyote.

And he has Post readers to thank for it: The smiling stitchhead was trailing by a hefty 13,000 votes out of 80,000 cast until the very morning polls closed, when The Post's Neil Graves put out the call for some late-inning ballot-box stuffing.

Within hours, Mr. Met surged to within 2,700 votes, stunning the powers-that-be and meriting some serious special treatment.

Not that second place is anything to sniff at: The Spurs have won four NBA titles in the past nine years, and the razzle-dazzle San Antonio Coyote is famous for his unicycle-riding, slam-dunking, center-court hijinks.

Mr. Met, of course, would never debase himself in such a way, but his steady, cheerful presence has made him a New York sports icon since 1964.

Congratulations on a well-deserved honor.

ShoogarBear
09-16-2007, 07:58 AM
What a load of crap.

If the Coyote had finished second, would he have been picked? LMAO.

Noo Yawk media bias strikes again.

Mr. Met, of course, would never debase himself in such a way

Other than being a Met fan, of course.

Booharv
09-16-2007, 08:24 AM
There's a Mascot Hall of Fame?

MaNuMaNiAc
09-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Mr. Met, of course, would never debase himself in such a way

what the fuck is that supposed to mean??

angel_luv
09-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Yea for our mascot winning. Who cares about the rest?

Congrats Coyote!!!!!!!!!!! :)

SpursFanFirst
09-16-2007, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=ShoogarBear]What a load of crap.

If the Coyote had finished second, would he have been picked? LMAO.

Noo Yawk media bias strikes again.

That's what I was thinking.

Budkin
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
The Spurs and Mets are my two favorite sports teams so I couldn't be happier!

Spurminator
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
HOF inductions

The Coyote: 1
David Robinson: 0

Melmart1
09-17-2007, 10:33 AM
HOF inductions

The Coyote: 1
David Robinson: 0
Whottt does this mean?

Mitch Cumsteen
09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
The Coyote wears no pants. He used to have pants back in the day, but something happened to them. Now, he just kind of free balls it, although he doesn't have balls or any other genitalia to speak of, for that matter. He (and I use that term lightly) just has a seam. I'm not sure exactly what the seam represents, but there could be some sort of hermaphrodite type thing going on there. Either way, it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Especially with those huge bizarre dilated green eyes. I thnk he's tripping on acid and decided to just dispense with the pants. Free your mind Coyote, and the pants will follow.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Coyote is the greatest mascot in all of sports, but you would think that the mascot hall of fame would have some sort of community standards of decency clause before electing a mascot. Most importantly, I'm just hoping this doesn't start a trend. The last thing we need to see is what's "under the hood" of the Mavs Man or Phoenix Gorilla.

PS
I heard the Philly Phanatic is hung like a horse.

Solid D
09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure many people focus down there on the Coyote. I know I have never had reason to even notice.

Norcal's MathTeacher
09-17-2007, 12:10 PM
<crap>

PS - I hear you're an idiot.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
What the fuck is that bullshit? Did they give Jim Kelly an honorary Super Bowl ring for repeated second place finishes?

Shit, they made Susan Lucci wait forever and a fucking day to get her day time Emmy because they at least had the fucking integrity to make her earn it! And you're just going to hand Mr. Fucking Met a spot because he DOESN'T actually do any of the stuff that a good mascot should???

If nothing else I have in on good authority that he was Doc Gooden's and Darryl Strawberry's supplier for several seasons. A "well deserved honor" my ass. This shames the hard working men and women who put on gigantic anthropomorphic animal costumes.

ShoogarBear
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
In related news, the 1999 Knicks and the 2000 Mets have been named co-Champions of their respective sports.

FromWayDowntown
09-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Is Mr. Met really a mascot? Even if he is, isn't he a blatant rip-off of the Reds ball/man character? And honestly, who goes to a Mets game and recalls seeing Mr. Met's antics? Isn't Mr. Met just a baseball with a Mets cap and uniform on? Does he do anything other than wave at kids and sign bad autographs?

I say that there's no justice when Youpee gets dissed like this!

No justice, no peace!

milkyway21
09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
The Spurs have won four NBA titles in the past nine years, and the razzle-dazzle San Antonio Coyote is famous for his unicycle-riding, slam-dunking, center-court hijinks..and that ejection..:lmao

FromWayDowntown
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
..and that ejection..:lmao

Come on -- that was "the Wolf"

Budkin
09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
The Coyote is the most cracked out awesome mascot ever. Just look at those eyes...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/596283630_3c30f6d2e5.jpg

spurscenter
09-20-2007, 05:03 AM
the best mascot is the coyote!

Mister Sinister
09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I sneezed a lot when I read this. I must be allergic to bullshit.