PDA

View Full Version : "Spider" Euroleague week 6 MVP for Scavolini

Solid D
12-15-2004, 12:19 PM
http://www.24sec.net/article.asp?index=782

http://www.24sec.net/images/lib/Italy/Charles%20Smith%20-%20Scavolini%20(Euroleague%20picture).jpg

By Milan Lazarevic

After shocking defeat in last round, Scavolini still has one reason to be… let me say… satisfied. Their simply the best player till now, Charles Smith, won MVP trophy for week 6 after perfect performance in match against AEK.

Smith was unstoppable with 32 pts (12-8 from the field, 10-10 from free throws line), 3 rebounds, 4 steals, 2 blocks and 7 fouls against him.

Charles Smith is simply “the main man” in Scavolini this year. He had averagely 23.5 pts per game. He is the leading scorer of whole Euroleague. The same situation is with stealing where he has 3.5 steals per game.
In Italian league he has 21.5 pts per game, 4 rebounds and 2.4 assist per game.

Before Scavolini he played for Virtus.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2004, 12:22 PM
It's too bad about that bad hip. Pop obviously made the right decision 3 years ago to move him. In another ten or twelve years that might really start to slow him down.

(bitter fan of the Spider)

whottt
12-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Whatever happened with his hip?

What's funny...we thought we were trading away two guys who could no longer play, Spider and Kerr...when actually we were trading for a guy who could no longer play...and paid him 12 mil a season to do it.

whottt
12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
It's too bad about that bad hip. Pop obviously made the right decision 3 years ago to move him. In another ten or twelve years that might really start to slow him down.

(bitter fan of the Spider)

Please stay available, I could use your aid the next time I am getting piled on for pointing out that Pop is not the messiah, especially when it comes to guards.

Insult to injury...we traded Kerr away also before...the guy who ended up helping us win a title the following year.

What a horrible trade that was. How in the heck did we still win a title after making that trade?

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Whatever happened with his hip?

What's funny...we thought we were trading away two guys who could no longer play, Spider and Kerr...when actually we were trading for a guy who could no longer play...and paid him 12 mil a season to do it.

No doubt. How much better could the Spurs have been had they kept Charles and Kerr and had the additional cash they threw away??

I'm convinced his hip was never as bad as it was made out to be. I read a Charles Smith interview the next year where he said he was immediately cleared to play by another physician and that his hip doesn't bother him at all when he's playing ball. His play the last two years in Europe seems to support that.

whottt
12-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Ok I was thinking about it...

We actually traded away Kerr with DA. And traded Spider and AD to get Kerr and a draft pick back...

So the killer was trying to get something for DA...

If no DA trade... we have Spider, Jax, Kerr, AD, Parker...the following year we get Manu......all without doing a thing. Was a big and expensive spinning of the wheels.

LOL all just to bring in a socalled second Superstar..

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2004, 02:18 PM
We had both Smith boys for one season. Steve didn't do much on the floor, but at least he was a well-paid mentor to SJax during the championship season.

T Park
12-15-2004, 02:20 PM
If no DA trade... we have Spider, Jax, Kerr, AD, Parker...the following year we get Manu......all without doing a thing. Was a big and expensive spinning of the wheels.

That makes zero sense.

TheWriter
12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Man, Spider is so good he couldn't even make the Lakers training camp roster...!

The LAKERS training camp roster.

That's how good he is.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Charles looked like crap in summer league for some reason. I think he might have been picked up by Denver or something had he done better.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2004, 02:26 PM
I saw him drop 38 on the Kings one night. That was pretty good.

I saw him block MJ twice, on the same possession. That was pretty good.

He's the leading scorer in Europe and at the top in steals. That's pretty good.

The Lakers decided to let Shaq go too. Does that mean he sucks?

T Park
12-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Charles Smith = Devin Brown.

Time to move on Ed.

TheWriter
12-15-2004, 02:32 PM
I saw him drop 38 on the Kings one night. That was pretty good.

I saw him block MJ twice, on the same possession. That was pretty good.

He's the leading scorer in Europe and at the top in steals. That's pretty good.

The Lakers decided to let Shaq go too. Does that mean he sucks?

I saw Tony Delk score 50 once.

Yeah, no one ever blocked MJ before.

I guess that's why he hasn't played in the NBA for the last 2 years.

The Lakers had to choose between one or the other. They still can sign players they think are good. They didn't sign Charles. No team did this summer.

whottt
12-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Charles Smith = Devin Brown.

Time to move on Ed.

No, let him be bitter...it's refreshing to see people who don't think Pop hung the moon.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2004, 02:42 PM
I really expected a lot from Smith in SL. No idea what happened -- he just looked lost.

T Park
12-15-2004, 02:50 PM
No, let him be bitter...it's refreshing to see people who don't think Pop hung the moon

Fire Pop.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-15-2004, 03:00 PM
If I were choosing teams:

Spider>Devin>Sjax . . .

I'm surprised Chuck didn't do better in the summer leagues because that type of format is usually his gig. Oh well, damnit.

One more thing. Buddy Holly, you are obviously a no-good judge of talent. . .oh, and a thief and a liar. If this were the set of the Unforgiven I'd bust you up (verbally) worse than Clint Eastwood got it the first night he wandered into Gene Hackman's happy little town. I could care less if you keep that keyboard around just for killin' snakes and such. Unfortunately my other obligations will prevent me from doing that today.

Good day to you sir.

whottt
12-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Fire Pop.

I didn't say fire him...just stop acting like he never does anything stupid... he does.

TheWriter
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
One more thing. Buddy Holly,

Yes, no one but you knows I'm Buddy. Oh my god you cracked the code.

you are obviously a no-good judge of talent. . .

Yeah, because I I'm not overrating Charles "Spider" Smith. Good call there code cracker.

oh, and a thief and a liar.

What did I steal that makes me a thief?

If this were the set of the Unforgiven I'd bust you up (verbally) worse than Clint Eastwood got it the first night he wandered into Gene Hackman's happy little town.

Wow... that was just brillant!

I could care less if you keep that keyboard around just for killin' snakes and such. Unfortunately my other obligations will prevent me from doing that today.

Is this Ed or God himself that is typing. For what I read is pure genius!

Good day to you sir.

Good day to you as well.