PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans vs Carolina Panthers Thread

Phil Hellmuth
09-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Let's go Houston.

Let's hope Carr gets in the game and Mario gets to sack him :toast

Phil Hellmuth
09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
PM me if you want instructions how to view this game online.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately we are stuck watching this game here in San Antonio... I would much rather watch the Titans vs. Colt's

Chris
09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
2 scrub teams going at it. Should be a good game.

Phil Hellmuth
09-16-2007, 12:11 PM
that ref spotted the ball so badly on that. shouldve been first down.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
I would much rather watch the Titans vs. Colt's

Good game so far. :smokin

J.T.
09-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Good game so far. :smokin

Gonzalez with the CLUTCH catch on 3rd down to keep the drive alive.

J.T.
09-16-2007, 12:32 PM
...and Fisher's fag ass with the challenge. :pctoss

Phil Hellmuth
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Schuab to JOhnson! TOUCHDOWN

Whisky Dog
09-16-2007, 12:42 PM
...and Fisher's fag ass with the challenge. :pctoss

WTF? It was a good challenge, Gonzales let it hit the ground

dirk4mvp
09-16-2007, 01:12 PM
WTF? It was a good challenge, Gonzales let it hit the ground

Faak no. He had it and his forearms were under it.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
btw, why is there a Texans/Panthers game thread. Who gives a shit ?

dirk4mvp
09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
A-Gon :smokin

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 01:24 PM
17-14 Texans. They're for real.

Chris
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
17-14 Texans. They're for real.

Too bad their defense isn't.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Too bad their defense isn't.

It has been in the 2nd quarter.

Chris
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
The pass rush is good, but the safeties aren't.

T Park
09-16-2007, 01:34 PM
If the pass rush is good, the QB wont have time to get it out near the safeties.

The Texans are for real, and this offense is really looking VERY strong against a damn good Carolina defense.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
If the pass rush is good, the QB wont have time to get it out near the safeties.

Yep.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
3 and out for the Panthers.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Touchdown Texans. Damn that was quick.

24-14 Texans.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Touchdown Texans!!!!1111

Even quicker.

30-14 before PAT.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Not as quick as that

Holt's Cat
Carolina challenges, of course.

Phil Hellmuth
31-14!!!!!!!!!!!

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:01 PM
TOUCHDOWN. Hella yeah.

PAT good.

31-14.

Slinkyman
09-16-2007, 02:05 PM
how shitty is the NFC this year if the Texans can go on the road and destroy one of the NFC's best teams?

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Interception by Dunta.

Texans 1st down at Carolina 45.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Nary on a hair on Carr's head has been touched.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Texans force another turnover.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:33 PM
AJ hurt.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Texans FG.

34-14 Texans. 8 min or so left in the 4th.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Man... i hate kens... i hope they cut away to the Indy vs. Tennessee game because this game is a blowout

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Maddox with the Texans' 3rd sack of the day. Carolina forced to punt.

Jacoby Jones almost takes it to the house.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Smith busts one in garbage time due to abysmal tackling.

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Game over.

Texans win 34-21 for 1st 2-0 start in franchise history. Enjoy Carolina, David.

Sweetey
09-16-2007, 04:00 PM
The TEXANS are HOT and heading for the Super Bowl ! Book it !!!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jlo49/texans_logo.jpg

T Park
09-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Texans looked fantastic today.

Amazing what an offensive line that gives a QB time to throw can do huh?

Holt's Cat
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
It's amazing what a QB who doesn't act like a scared bitch can do with Kubiak as HC. The D is coming on as well.

shyne
09-16-2007, 04:36 PM
The D looks awesome again, hope they can keep it up. The should have put Dunta on smith from the get go.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
So....who's gonna make the TexansDynasty troll ?

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I would but I don't think I'd be a good football troll.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Were coming for you Next week Indy

Hook Dem
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Whoa!!!! Don't get too cocky! :nope

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 08:34 AM

Be careful what you wish for . . .

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 08:36 AM
I have to admit, the Texans have exceeded my expectations. They really came out of nowhere. No one here can tell me that they expected this kind of start.

However, I did trash them at the start of the season so I have to be man enough to say that they've had an impressive start.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I have to admit, the Texans have exceeded my expectations. They really came out of nowhere. No one here can tell me that they expected this kind of start.

However, I did trash them at the start of the season so I have to be man enough to say that they've had an impressive start.

I KNEW WE WERE going to have this kind of start.........haha just kidding. Yeah its been a very nice surprise. Our Defense has been a big part of that surprise, but the TRUE test to our def will be next week. We still need help in our Safeties and another DB to help out Dunta would be great too.

J.T.
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM

We're coming for you, bitch. No last second FGs and LJ suiting up as Ron Dayne in this game.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 11:08 AM
It'll be interesting to see how the Texans stack up against the elite of the NFL at this point in the season. The Texans' offense with Schaub at the helm is an entirely different animal than it was with Carr. The D is a lot better too with a healthy Williams and 1st rounder Okoye on the line.

The Panthers are supposed to be an elite NFC team this season though I'm not too sure about that. For their sake I hope they are not tempted to replace Delhomme with Carr because that will end their season right then.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 11:24 AM
We're coming for you, bitch. No last second FGs and LJ suiting up as Ron Dayne in this game.

Hey you guys did horrible against a weak Titans Def. Wait till you see what we got, we aren't the same team that BEAT you guys once last year, we are better and will give you guys a run for your money!! BE READY, BE SCARED, BE OUR NEXT VICTIM!!

shyne
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Its pretty simple if Andre plays, we have a good shot, if he doesnt we lose.

J.T.
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey you guys did horrible against a weak Titans Def. Wait till you see what we got, we aren't the same team that BEAT you guys once last year, we are better and will give you guys a run for your money!! BE READY, BE SCARED, BE OUR NEXT VICTIM!!

The offense made some mistakes, mostly at the end of the game deciding to throw instead of run. Doubtful that it will happen two games in a row.

Congrats on beating the no balls Colts defense last year. I remember that scene of David Carr jumping all over the kicker and the entire team hugging each other like they'd just won the Super Bowl. Pretty sad when your team's greatest moment (aside from passing on Vince and Reggie) is beating the Colts by a FG. You should spare yourself the disappointment and start preparing for a Texans loss right now.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Problem is, Carr's no longer the QB.

J.T.
09-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Problem is, Carr's no longer the QB.

So David Carr was the reason Houston sucked so much and now they're going to win Super Bowls with Matt Schaub?

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Its pretty simple if Andre plays, we have a good shot, if he doesnt we lose.

No doubt. Last I heard it was a PCL strain.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 11:46 AM
So David Carr was the reason Houston sucked so much and now they're going to win Super Bowls with Matt Schaub?

Carr's a worse QB than Schaub, that's all. That doesn't imply a guaranteed SB trip, but it does portend a better future for the franchise, along with a better D. The Texans today are a better team than last year's version.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 11:55 AM
The offense made some mistakes, mostly at the end of the game deciding to throw instead of run. Doubtful that it will happen two games in a row.

Congrats on beating the no balls Colts defense last year. I remember that scene of David Carr jumping all over the kicker and the entire team hugging each other like they'd just won the Super Bowl. Pretty sad when your team's greatest moment (aside from passing on Vince and Reggie) is beating the Colts by a FG. You should spare yourself the disappointment and start preparing for a Texans loss right now.

Greatest moment yeah it maybe, but we will have another one next week!!

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Actually, the greatest moment to this point is probably beating the Cowboys in the franchise's first ever game.

Getting rid of Capers was the first step. The second was dumping Carr.

Phil Hellmuth
09-17-2007, 12:02 PM
i like the fact that our defense will almost keep us in games against all not so great teams.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 12:06 PM
i like the fact that our defense will almost keep us in games against all not so great teams.

That line is something else. Of course, given the amount spent on it, it should be. I feel really good about the run defense, considering how they shut down the Panthers' run yesterday plus what they did against LJ in the 1st game. Next up is improving the pass rush and the secondary. Dunta did a great job against Smith yesterday.

Extra Stout
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Texans looked fantastic today.

Amazing how a QB who can read defenses and doesn't run directly into sacks can make the same offensive line look pretty good, huh?
Fixed.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 12:12 PM
As for the Williams pick, Bush isn't exactly making a strong case for selecting Williams over him being a mistake this season.

Picking up Green in the offseason was nice too.

Extra Stout
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
David Carr was the single biggest reason the Texans sucked as much as they did last year. The biggest reason the Texans have sucked historically is that Charley Casserly was their general manager for four seasons.

Thinking about Super Bowls is premature, but having the defending champions in town next year will provide a nice reality check to see how far the squad has actually progressed.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey you guys did horrible against a weak Titans Def.

Who said the Titans D was weak???
They have been outstanding for two weeks.

I think the Titans will still be surprising people this season.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 12:21 PM
David Carr was the single biggest reason the Texans sucked as much as they did last year. The biggest reason the Texans have sucked historically is that Charley Casserly was their general manager for four seasons.

Thinking about Super Bowls is premature, but having the defending champions in town next year will provide a nice reality check to see how far the squad has actually progressed.

Getting rid of Capers and Casserly was an improvement in and of itself. Being able to nab Kubiak as Capers' replacement may go down as one of the best coaching hires in recent NFL history. Smith so far has turned in a solid job as Casserly's replacement.

The real shame is that McNair took so long to make the changes. Of course, had he dropped Capers earlier then he might not have been able to pick up Kubiak.

IIRC Kubiak was interviewed originally for the HC spot before the Texans ever played a down but he didn't think he was ready or some such.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Being able to nab Kubiak as Capers' replacement may go down as one of the best coaching hires in recent NFL history.

He wins two games very early in the season and it's already the best coaching hire in NFL history???

Well, in that case:

Wade Phillips and Mike Tomlin are ready to meet in the Super Bowl.

Fuck it, why play the season?

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Who said the Titans D was weak???
They have been outstanding for two weeks.

I think the Titans will still be surprising people this season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conf=ALL&role=OPP

number 17 is ok I guess, could be worse, like number 26?

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conf=ALL&role=OPP

number 17 is ok I guess, could be worse, like number 26?

The last thing you want to do is start Cowboys v. texans. Trust me. You'll just be made to look stupid and laughed out of this fourm.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 01:22 PM
The last thing you want to do is start Cowboys v. texans. Trust me. You'll just be made to look stupid and laughed out of this fourm.

That was geared at Pee wee so go change your panties!! IF they played next week I would put my money on Houston!!

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
That was geared at Pee wee so go change your panties!! IF they played next week I would put my money on Houston!!

And you'd be a fag on a losing side of a bet and you fucking know it. We'd kill you all. I think its hilarious how texan fan gloats over a 2-0 start on their way to an 8-8 season. You know what we Cowboys fans do. We bitch, we complain. Where some people see a win, we see we could of played better. We demand better. And thats because we are a playoff team. We know 2-0 means shit. We've been their before countless times. Sometimes to losing seasons, sometimes to Super Bowl winning seasons. We know their are 16 games in a season. Our expectations year in and year out far exceed texan expectations. You all start off 2-0 like half the teams in the league and you are ready to crown your own ass :rolleyes .

Hey but at least you have this going for you, Austin, Texas has decided to air all games of their state home team. The Cowboys. BOOM.... You bleed like Meyli.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:05 PM
He wins two games very early in the season and it's already the best coaching hire in NFL history???

I said in recent NFL history.

Well, in that case:

Wade Phillips and Mike Tomlin are ready to meet in the Super Bowl.

Fuck it, why play the season?

Why such angst?

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:06 PM
This thread seems to have attracted Cowboys and Colts fans with inferiority complexes.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Why such angst?

Because that was a stupid statement.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Because that was a stupid statement.

Not when you consider that Kubiak inherited a team that went 2-14 the year before while Philips took over a playoff team and Tomlin took over one that won the Super Bowl 18 months ago. But, I know, that requires mental exertion.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 02:24 PM
This thread seems to have attracted Cowboys and Colts fans with inferiority complexes.

They usually do, its pretty funny actually. They think that we don't know our team sucked the last years. We might even suck again this year and we are happy and thrilled our team is doing good so far. Yes our expectation are lower cause we havent done much, so coming in and winning 2-0(a franchise first) is a big deal. As much as the Cowboy fans hate to hear it thier def sucks this year, and yeah mostly because of injury, but everyone can use excuses. Ofactor said I would lose the bet if the boys played the texans today, but in pre-season our starters did much better than yours, so unfortunately thats all we have to measure on for this season.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:25 PM
OK, then the Cowboys are the bestest ever and the Colts are the bestest ever. :jack

The funny thing is, I've been a lifelong Cowboys fan and have never felt compelled to run down other teams. Then again, I was there for 1-15 and didn't hop on the bandwagon later.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 02:30 PM

Inferiority complex??

You've yet to face the Colts and you're calling them inferior??
Your pussy city has gone through two teams and still no hint of a Super Bowl appearance, and yet you say we (Cowboys) have an inferiority complex???

Are you really that stupid??

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for further illustrating my observation.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 02:32 PM
The funny thing is, I've been a lifelong Cowboys fan and have never felt compelled to run down other teams. [B]Then again, I was there for 1-15 and didn't hop on the bandwagon later.[B]

I was a fan before that.

And, if you are actually rooting for the Texans . . . the statement you made makes no sense.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
I love it when pee wee posts.......can't get enough Scarlett!! DAMN SHE IS HOT!!

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:34 PM
I was a fan before that.

And, if you are actually rooting for the Texans . . . the statement you made makes no sense.

How so? I guess I missed the memo about only being able to follow one franchise.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 02:37 PM
As much as the Cowboy fans hate to hear it thier def sucks this year, and yeah mostly because of injury, but everyone can use excuses.

Every Cowboy fan knows that our Defense needs help. We hide behind no excuses.

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 02:37 PM
OK, then the Cowboys are the bestest ever. and the Colts are the bestest ever.
:toast

The funny thing is, I've been a lifelong Cowboys fan and have never felt compelled to run down other teams. Then again, I was there for 1-15 and didn't hop on the bandwagon later.

Yeah, well I was there before 1-15. How can you have an inferiority complex when your team has the winningest tradition of all NFL teams huh? Basically what this tread boils down to is 2-0 is what it is. . . its 2 and 0. No more, no less. 14 more games to play, tougher opponents too. Its 2-0, NOT the Super Bowl, NOT the playoffs, NOT a winning season, NOT 8-8...its 2-0. So don't ram texans rah rah down this froums throat yet. Start beating the teams in your division, then get excited.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 02:38 PM
How so? I guess I missed the memo about only being able to follow one franchise.

I take it you root for the LA Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks? Because, according to your rationale this is completely acceptable.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah, well I was there before 1-15. How can you have an inferiority complex when your team has the winningest tradition of all NFL teams huh? Basically what this tread boils down to is 2-0 is what it is. . . its 2 and 0. No more, no less. 14 more games to play, tougher opponents too. Its 2-0, NOT the Super Bowl, NOT the playoffs, NOT a winning season, NOT 8-8...its 2-0. So don't ram texans rah rah down this froums throat yet. Start beating the teams in your division, then get excited.

You have an inferiority complex when you feel that fandom includes running down teams that aren't even in your conference.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
I take it you root for the LA Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks? Because, according to your rationale this is completely acceptable.

LOL I wouldnt be talking YANKEES FAN!!! Sorry had to throw that in there!!

Holt's Cat
Before I forget, city smack is a giant red flag for the previously mentioned complex.

O-Factor
Every Cowboy fan knows that our Defense needs help. We hide behind no excuses.

Our defense will progress as we get more experience playing in Wade's scheme and get Newman and Ellis back. We showed some impovement yesterday too. Our prolific offense will carry untill our defense gets to mid season form.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM

Cowboys & Yankees fan? I rest my case.

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Our defense will progress as we get more experience playing in Wade's scheme and get Newman and Ellis back. We showed some impovement yesterday too. Our prolific offense will carry untill our defense gets to mid season form.

how does romo's cock taste ?

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
how does romo's cock taste ?

Wouldn't know. How does Oden's taste?

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Wouldn't know. How does Oden's taste?

sorry, i'm not a freak who does that to myself. good try though.

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Get the FUCK out of here with your faggity ass, dick sucking bullshit if you are not going to talk football.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Is this the NFL forum or the Troll forum?

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
whoa, didn't know we were talking about dicksucking, you homo.

Go Cowboys !

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
whoa, didn't know we were talking about dicksucking, you homo.

Go Cowboys !

Well, he does seem to be overly sensitive for no apparent reason.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Yea, that's right, I'm a Yankees fan.
What does that have to do with any of this?

I'm not the one saying that I'd root for the Red Sox.
Fuck that.

But, according to your butt buddy Holt's Cat, that would be acceptable.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Man, what a couple of pussies. Take your estrogen fueled hatred out of this thread.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Yea, that's right, I'm a Yankees fan.
What does that have to do with any of this?

Further proof of your bandwagoning douchebaggery.

I'm not the one saying that I'd root for the Red Sox.
Fuck that.

But, according to your butt buddy Holt's Cat, that would be acceptable.

Because the Cowboys and Texans are in the same conference and division, right?

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Cowboys & Yankees fan? I rest my case.

That's a wonderful retort.

But, praytell, just what was your point?

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Further proof of your bandwagoning douchebaggery.

Bandwagoning, you stupid fuck??
I've been a Cowboys, Spurs, Yankees, Notre Dame fan since before I could talk!!!!

Fuck You!!

You're the one who jumped ship from the Cowboys to the Texans.
Fucking idiot.

Because the Cowboys and Texans are in the same conference and division, right?

No, but the Mets and the Yankees are in separate leagues and I've never met a Yankee fan who also roots for the Mets and vice versa.

But, I'm sure you're intelligent enough to make that connection.

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
That's a wonderful retort.

But, praytell, just what was your point?

His point is that the Texans are going to win the super bowl this year, Mario will be a sack machine averaging of 20 sacks a season, Shaub will own Vince and Peyton in that division for years to come and that cowboys fans have an inferiority complex when it comes to the texans because we are jealous of that franchise. Does that kind of sum it up Holt?

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Bandwagoning, you stupid fuck??
I've been a Cowboys, Spurs, Yankees, Notre Dame fan since before I could talk!!!!

Fuck You!!

ND too? :lol Go figure.

You're the one who jumped ship from the Cowboys to the Texans.
Fucking idiot.

Nah, I haven't.

No, but the Mets and the Yankees are in separate leagues and I've never met a Yankee fan who also roots for the Mets and vice versa.

But, I'm sure you're intelligent enough to make that connection.

Cowboys-Texans = Mets-Yankees? :lol We have a live one here.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
His point is that the Texans are going to win the super bowl this year, Mario will be a sack machine averaging of 20 sacks a season, Shaub will own Vince and Peyton in that division for years to come and that cowboys fans have an inferiority complex when it comes to the texans because we are jealous of that franchise. Does that kind of sum it up Holt?

I've said nothing of the sort. For some reason you seem incapable of understanding that.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Cowboys-Texans = Mets-Yankees? :lol We have a live one here.

You don't get it?
Seriously??

You don't really understand the sports world, do you?

All right, I'm done.
It's impossible to speak with a teenager.

Have fun jumping on the Texans bandwagon.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the world where you select your favorite team based on its historical success. Boys, Yanks, Irish, & Spurs? What a coincidence.

I think it's news to most that there is some kind of NY subway style rivalry between the Texans and Cowboys.

TheTruth
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
I wonder if the Duke Blue devils is his favorite College Basketball team

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM

Now that the Blue Devils football team is on a winning streak, he probably switched over from the Irish too.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Smart investment

Schaub’s performance improves Texans’ O-line

By Nolan Nawrocki
ProFootballWeekly.com
Sept. 17, 2007

Ever since Tony Boselli failed to take a snap for the Texans after they drafted him in the expansion draft from a pool of league veterans, the subject of the offensive line has been a widely discussed topic in Houston.

David Carr was sacked a record 76 times as a rookie in 2002, shattering the mark that had been set by Randall Cunningham of 72 in 1986. With continued growth and a slew of early draft picks in coming years, the Texans expected to improve in this area. However, it did not, as Carr was sacked another 68 times in '05 and the problem never got better. The problem would not even go away after former NFL quarterback and QB guru Gary Kubiak was hired in '06.

The natural tendency was to blame the offensive line. It did not feature a Pro Bowler and struggled to establish a consistent starting lineup because of all the injuries it suffered through the years. However, as Matt Schaub showed vs. the Panthers, when he was not sacked once, the times a quarterback is sacked is often not indicative of the quality of an offensive line.

Before Schaub steps to the line of scrimmage, he is reading the defense. When he sets in the pocket, he does not let his eyes drop to the defensive line at the first flash of pressure, as Carr often did. Instead, he sets quickly and keeps his eyes downfield, yet is still able to feel pressure and deliver the ball quickly when needed. When pass rushers are not accounted for, he is quick to adjust, as he did when Panthers SLB Thomas Davis unexpectedly came free after ORT Eric Winston appeared to mistakingly block down. Schaub could have been blindsided, but he showed great awareness, sensed Davis coming and quickly hit WR Andre Johnson in stride crossing the middle for what Johnson turned into a 31-yard TD reception to counter the Panthers' 14-0 lead.

Perhaps most impressive was the Texans’ ensuing drive, when on a 4th-and-4 situation early in the second quarter, with Panthers DE Mike Rucker crashing down hard, Schaub fit the ball into tight double coverage to TE Owen Daniels, and followed it with another perfect strike to Andre Johnson just over the top of MLB Dan Morgan several plays later to tie the game, 14-14. The drive completely shifted the momentum in the game. One of the most undervalued qualities of a passer that good scouts usually chart closely is how he performs in pressure situations. Can he convert on third and fourth downs and keep the sticks moving? Through two weeks, Schaub has shown he can, and for the first time in the history of the franchise, it is no coincidence that the Texans are 2-0. And better yet, no one is talking about the O-line.

Some eyebrows were raised when the Texans made the bold decision to go after Schaub, but don’t think for a second the Falcons do not wish they had him back. In Joey Harrington, the Falcons are encountering many of the same problems the Texans formerly had, as the timid Harrington was dropped seven times vs. the Jaguars. Less than two minutes into the game, you knew it was going to be a long day for the Falcons. Twice Harrington was dropped, the first coming with a surge from the Jaguars’ fierce front four and the second on a delayed frontside blitz that he should have seen coming. It is part of his job to sense before the snap when and where pressure might be coming from and be able to hit a hot route. Harrington, like Carr, just cannot handle pressure well.

link (http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Scouts+Eye/2007/eye091707.htm)

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 06:47 PM

Wrong.

The Longhorns.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the world where you select your favorite team based on its historical success. Boys, Yanks, Irish, & Spurs? What a coincidence.

Yea, you're right. Because as a five year old kid, I had already done my research and it obviously didn't bother me that each of those teams sucked ass at the time.

Great observation there.

I think it's news to most that there is some kind of NY subway style rivalry between the Texans and Cowboys.

Yea, because that's what I meant when I compared the Yankees/Mets rivalry to the Cowboys/Texans rivalry.

Your deep intelligence knows no bounds.

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Wrong.

The Longhorns.

:lol

Holt's Cat
09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Yea, you're right. Because as a five year old kid, I had already done my research and it obviously didn't bother me that each of those teams sucked ass at the time.

Great observation there.

Sure you were.

Yea, because that's what I meant when I compared the Yankees/Mets rivalry to the Cowboys/Texans rivalry.

Your deep intelligence knows no bounds.

Then what exactly did you mean? You made the analogy. Maybe you take Houston v Dallas that seriously. Most don't give a shit.

Dumbass.