PDA

View Full Version : Tank Johnson to Dallas?

Chris
09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Just heard Jimmie Johnson and Howie talking about Dallas picking up Tank. I say hell yeah! :smokin

peewee's lovechild
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Fuck that.

What, to have him start three games, get arrested and be suspended for the rest of the season??

Fuck that.

BeerIsGood!
09-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, if that's the case then Valley Ranch just got fortified with more arsenal than the Iraqi front.

gmanrulz
09-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Suspended tackle says he expects to play for Dallas
By Ed Werder
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: September 18, 2007, 2:04 AM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Tank Johnson said Monday night he expects to play for the Dallas Cowboys upon returning from his eight-game NFL suspension.

AP Photo / Louis Lanzano

Tank Johnson, shown leaving NFL headquarters in May, is suspended for the first eight games of this season.

"I'm here to work some things out. I'm looking here for a fresh start," Johnson said when reached in his room at the hotel where the Cowboys stay before home games.

Earlier on Monday, a high-ranking team source said there have been lengthy discussions among members of the team's coaching staff and owner Jerry Jones about Johnson's off-field problems and his playing ability.

The Cowboys or any team would be able to sign Johnson during his suspension but he cannot work out or have contact with a team until he serves his suspension in its entirety.

Although Johnson has never played nose tackle, Phillips has extolled the flexibility of his 3-4 defensive scheme to accommodate players of different sizes and styles. The Cowboys lost starter Jason Ferguson for the season when the nose tackle suffered a torn right biceps tendon in Dallas' season-opening win against the Giants.

Johnson was waived by the Chicago Bears on June 25, three days after he was stopped by police in Arizona driving 40 mph in a 25-mph zone. Johnson was not charged with any crime. He was suspended by the league for violating probation on a gun charge that stemmed from a raid on his home. Johnson served a two-month jail term in the spring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3025073