PDA

View Full Version : Jenna Bush To Teach In Public School

Nbadan
12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
First daughter Jenna Bush, who put her career plans on hold while campaigning to reelect her father, has decided to live in Washington and plans to teach at a District public school that serves low-income children. The White House would not release details yesterday, but we've learned that she has applied to teach at Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School in the Mount Pleasant/Columbia Heights neighborhood.

The school's founder and executive director, Linda Moore, wouldn't confirm Bush's employment, saying: "We don't discuss the relationship between a prospective employee and the school until we have a formal agreement. This is not something I'm at liberty to discuss."

Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for first lady Laura Bush, yesterday would say only that Jenna "will live in Washington and will go to work at a public school."

The Elsie Whitlow Stokes school has 250 pupils enrolled in kindergarten through sixth grade, features immersion classes in Spanish and French, and emphasizes community service. Its children, who are largely Hispanic and African American, visit soup kitchens and participate in an annual walk for the homeless.

more...

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A205-2004Dec14?language=printer)

Maybe she can teach kids to be responsible adults?

http://corrente.blogspot.com/Jenna.jpg

Opps, I guess not. Hey, anyone remember this?

She also once announced plans to teach in Harlem...

This was just before the GOP Convention. Then, when the convention ended and with the requisite photo-ops out of the way, the Harlem Plan quietly sank beneath the surface of the news, never to be seen again.

NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/07-14-2004/news/gossip/story/212059p-182645c.html)

Useruser666
12-15-2004, 03:08 PM
OMG!!! was that her tongue sticking out??!! OH THE HUMANITY!!! *faints*

Hook Dem
12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
You just hate anyone with the name of Bush don't you Dan? http://img153.exs.cx/img153/1736/a5dee30f482381cc75864cfe624845.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Wow, she stuck out her tongue. BFD. Now if she acted like a drunken buffoon, like Kerry's wife did with numerous rants during the campaign, well that's indicicative of the kind of leadership this country really needs.

scott
12-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Now if she acted like a drunken buffoon

Not that I think it is really an indication of any person's real character... but you are a little late with the "if" in regards to Jenna.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 12:36 AM
scott, I was referring to the election leadup, not what she was doing at age 18 as a fish in college.

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Jenna has never shown that she can be responsible. Given her privileged background, she certainly wasn't the usual college student at UT thats for sure. She has never even held a part-time job, much less a job that requires 60 hours a week, minimum. I think that like her Pop, Jenna has no idea what she is getting herself into. I would be surprised if she lasted more than half the year as a elementary school teacher.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Um, to become a licensed teacher you have to do student teaching in a classroom environment.

Never shown that she can be responsible? That's some good shit man. I know you hate Bush, but really, how the hell would you even know?

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Pretty funny.....I read that post and think of all of the teachers I went to college and became very good friends with--and know what they do in their private time--and I am ROFLMFAO @ Dan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 02:04 AM
and know what they do in their private time

Indeed, myself and the three buds I went to Padre with the year before last got a little "education" on Spring Break. ;)

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 04:04 AM
Um, to become a licensed teacher you have to do student teaching in a classroom environment.

Student teacher?!? :lmao

Yeah, they go in observe and maybe do a lesson plan. Get real

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 04:08 AM
Pretty funny.....I read that post and think of all of the teachers I went to college and became very good friends with--and know what they do in their private time--and I am ROFLMFAO @ Dan.

Oh please, so you have degenerate friends SW, is anyone really surprised there?

:lol

violentkitten
12-16-2004, 07:26 AM
hey at least shes got friends unlike yourself

Hook Dem
12-16-2004, 08:48 AM
hey at least shes got friends unlike yourself
Classic!!!!!!

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh please, so you have degenerate friends SW, is anyone really surprised there?

Actually, all but one were honor graduates. :)

Maybe you're still having nightmares about that wicked old spinster 3rd grade language arts teacher, but after a few years of being involved in my kids PTA, I've found that being old, ugly and mean aren't requisite for a teaching certificate anymore.

You act like she showed up at a public event in see-through clothes or something. ;)

Useruser666
12-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Student teacher?!? :lmao

Yeah, they go in observe and maybe do a lesson plan. Get real

Dan, may I ask you how the hell you know anything on this subject matter?

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 09:23 AM

No kidding.....from what I remember, the student-teaching requirements were pretty heavy....certainly more stringent than just filling out a lesson plan and merely "observing". :wtf

travis2
12-16-2004, 10:02 AM

C'mon...you should know by know that trivialities like facts never keep Dan from his appointed rounds of hate...

Clandestino
12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
dan is a HATER! haha...poor guy, he must've been neglected as a child...

Marcus Bryant
12-16-2004, 11:34 AM
All this thread needs now is exstatic to tie this into some kind of supression of gays at the hands of the "RR" and danny boy to claim that there's proof that the Bush twins were in on the 9/11 plot.

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Actually, all but one were honor graduates.

So in other words, they never held a real job either before graduating? :lol

violentkitten
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
dude are you that stupid?

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Maybe you're still having nightmares about that wicked old spinster 3rd grade language arts teacher, but after a few years of being involved in my kids PTA, I've found that being old, ugly and mean aren't requisite for a teaching certificate anymore.

Not at all, in my profession I have the priveledge of working with quite a few, ummm hundred teachers in San Antonio. I know what student teachers do and don't do, and most at first are so over-whelmed by the mired of responsibilities of their chosen profession they are literally basket-cases. In teaching only the strong survive, the rest move on become secretaries and salespeople.

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:26 PM
dude are you that stupid?

I never met a pussy i didn't like!

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
So in other words, they never held a real job either before graduating? :lol

What does whether or not they had to work while going to school have to do with anything?

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
No kidding.....from what I remember, the student-teaching requirements were pretty heavy....certainly more stringent than just filling out a lesson plan and merely "observing".

You teach for a semester for free. Big deal. Better than not getting certified at all.

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Not at all, in my profession I have the priveledge of working with quite a few, ummm hundred teachers in San Antonio. I know what student teachers do and don't do, and most at first are so over-whelmed by the mired of responsibilities of their chosen profession they are literally basket-cases. In teaching only the strong survive, the rest move on become secretaries and salespeople.

So why are you singling out Jenna for the same challenges and potential failures that all are faced with? If she's worth her mettle she'll still be teaching in 10 years, if not...she can buy a condo in Cabo or whatever.

12-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Not at all, in my profession I have the priveledge of working with quite a few, ummm hundred teachers in San Antonio.

Reloading Diet Cokes into the vending machine doesn't really count.

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
So why are you singling out Jenna for the same challenges and potential failures that all are faced with? If she's worth her meddle she'll still be teaching in 10 years, if not...she can buy a condo in Cabo or whatever.

Especially when it looks like she chooses to be at a school that looks to be even more challenging than most.

I hope she does well...and if you gave a shit about those kids you would, too. :)

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
What does whether or not they had to work while going to school have to do with anything?

Doesn't matter to some, but for my company I only hire people who showed initiative in college or technical school and worked their way through their education, and for me this policy has payed off handsomely if I may say so.

travis2
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
:lmao

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:34 PM

Ewwwww.....you got me.

:rolleyes

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
What's a matter Travis? The Parents-with-ugly-Kids counciling group on vacation again?

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Doesn't matter to some, but for my company I only hire people who showed initiative in college or technical school and worked their way through their education, and for me this policy has payed off handsomely if I may say so.

Depending on what level of job you're hiring for prior experience may be relevant. There it sounds like you're just discriminating against people whose family may have been a little better off, allowing them to focus more on their studies.

Nice. :)

What about those of us who didn't have work experience, but had the time to be extremely active on campus?

violentkitten
12-16-2004, 12:43 PM
somebody can work real hard but if they are a dumb motherfucker then they are a dumb motherfucker. maybe when it comes to loading coke machines you just need a hard worker but when it comes to any real office work you need someone with something between their ears, not simply someone who worked through school and got their degree on the 2.0 and go plan.

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
somebody can work real hard but if they are a dumb motherfucker then they are a dumb motherfucker. maybe when it comes to loading coke machines you just need a hard worker but when it comes to any real office work you need someone with something between their ears, not simply someone who worked through school and got their degree on the 2.0 and go plan.

My company has a combined 100+ years in technical experience in Network and software engineering. Give me a eager beaver who's willing to learn and I will make a guru out of him in less than a year, and he will never struggle to find work again.

travis2
12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
What's a matter Travis? The Parents-with-ugly-Kids counciling group on vacation again?

What's the matter, Dan? Some honor student beat up your dimbulb?

(See, I can take family shots too. Next?)

Samurai Jane
12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Depending on what level of job you're hiring for prior experience may be relevant. There it sounds like you're just discriminating against people whose family may have been a little better off, allowing them to focus more on their studies.

Nice. :)

What about those of us who didn't have work experience, but had the time to be extremely active on campus?

Not to mention those on scholarships...

Nbadan
12-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Not to mention those on scholarships...

I have personal nothing against people who never worked coming out of college, but I need people with work and social experience first and foremost. Going from never having to work to all of the sudden working 60 hours per week and dealing with all the responsibilities that teachers have to deal with isn't gonna be easy for Jenna. Can she do it? I'm betting not.

Useruser666
12-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Dan are you a teacher in a public or private school? Have you ever been?

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I have personal nothing against people who never worked coming out of college, but I need people with work and social experience first and foremost. Going from never having to work to all of the sudden working 60 hours per week and dealing with all the responsibilities that teachers have to deal with isn't gonna be easy for Jenna. Can she do it? I'm betting not.

Newsflash: it's not easy for anyone taking on that type of responsibility. No amount of driving for Papa John's is going to change or prepare you for that fact.

Especially when it looks like she chooses to be at a school that looks to be even more challenging than most.

I hope she does well...and if you gave a shit about those kids you would, too.

12-16-2004, 02:06 PM
My company has a combined 100+ years in technical experience in Network and software engineering.

Client Caller: "Um, yea, my computer is all screwed up and I can't print to the network printer in the secretary's cube."

Nbadan: "Well, try turning off the computer and turing it on again."

Client Caller: "Ok, hold on a sec"

Nbadan: *Stuffs more popcorn in his mouth and reaches for a Diet Coke while reading the latest blog by Al Jezerra*

Client Caller: "Um, no, I still get an error message saying it can't find the printer."

Nbadan: "Try rebooting it again."

Client Caller: "I don't think that's going to work."

Nbadan: "Well then, I'll be over there when I get a chance and reload Windows. That's worked a couple of times when we've run into this problem."

violentkitten
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
My company has a combined 100+ years in technical experience in Network and software engineering. Give me a eager beaver who's willing to learn and I will make a guru out of him in less than a year, and he will never struggle to find work again.

youre full of shit the only thing you run is a taco stand

Shelly
12-16-2004, 02:12 PM

Oh, please! That is total bullshit.

My husband hardly worked at all through college and graduate school. I guess by your standards that makes him incompetent. I'm sure all his patients would agree with you.

Useruser666
12-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Damn I hate when dan runs off and doesn't post until its 2 in morning!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
I think we're all missing a very important point in this thread: violentkitten's complete ownage of Dan.

Psst, Dan, they do a little more than "fill out a lesson plan", at least the ones I have known.

Spurswoman, Dan's big problem is Jenna is related to W., hence she's doomed to fail according to the whacked out left.

E20
12-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I had a student teacher before. They just handed out the papers and sat down and graded work like a TA except bigger and when the Teacher had to go the the bathroom or the Library she had to watch us.

Nbadan
12-20-2004, 03:25 AM
I had a student teacher before. They just handed out the papers and sat down and graded work like a TA except bigger and when the Teacher had to go the the bathroom or the Library she had to watch us.

That's what I'm talking about!

Student teaching is nothing like the real thing. Especially when it comes to being accountable to parents.

Nbadan
12-20-2004, 03:33 AM
My husband hardly worked at all through college and graduate school. I guess by your standards that makes him incompetent. I'm sure all his patients would agree with you.

Honey, if your husband went through medical or dential school without having to ever work much, I hope that there never comes a time for your family when he isn't able to practice his chosen profession. You could be the worst doctor or dentist in the world and still have patients.

2pac
12-20-2004, 09:34 AM

100 years is nothing.

You have over 6,000 posts on here. There is no way in hell you are doing 60 hours of work a week. You post all day and in the night. Unless this is your entire social life - sorry, it doesn't add up.

Honey, if your husband went through medical or dential school without having to ever work much, I hope that there never comes a time for your family when he isn't able to practice his chosen profession. You could be the worst doctor or dentist in the world and still have patients.

You realize that school is WORK? If he made it through all the classes necessary to get through medical school and the pre-reqs for med school, the guy worked his butt off. Just because he wasnt throwing pizzas doesnt mean he wasnt working.

Useruser666
12-20-2004, 02:26 PM
High school councilor - "Dan according to your job placement test, you will be a professional conspiracy theorist."