PDA

View Full Version : Spurs=Patriots

dav4463
09-17-2007, 01:20 AM
The Patriots of the NFL remind me of the Spurs of the NBA.

Both teams win championships with class, great coaching, and under-appreciated,quiet but efficient leaders (Brady and Duncan).

Both are stand-up good guys who were accused of being boring because they win without flash and fanfare.

Then Robert Horry's hipcheck of Steve Nash made other fans HATE the Spurs! Tim Duncan and the Spurs handled it with class.

Accusations of cheating caused many to HATE the Patriots. Tom Brady and the Patriots handled it with class.

The Spurs went on to win a championship.

The Patriots will probably do the same.

The Patriots and Spurs are like mirror-images of each other. Both are great champions.

Brady/Duncan reminds me a lot of Woods/Federer.....the best in their respective sports. Woods and Federer developed a friendship because of it. I wonder if Brady or Duncan ever recognizes their similarity?

K-State Spur
09-17-2007, 01:25 AM
accusations? more like proof and admissions.

bit of a deviation between the two teams there.

yourcheatinheart
09-17-2007, 01:43 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/this-thread-is-gay.jpg

dav4463
09-17-2007, 01:46 AM
It's just that I see such similarities. Many fans said the Spurs were "dirty". Many call the Patriots "cheaters". We know the Spurs aren't dirty, but you cannot convince a Suns fan of that fact. Maybe the Patriots are cheaters, but in Patriot fans minds, you couldn't convince them of it whether it is fact or not. We defend the Spurs (rightly so), Patriot fan's will defend their team (rightly or wrongly), but there are similarities between the two situations. Spurs image was tarnished due to the hipcheck and the Donaghy crap and the Patriots image is tarnished due to the alleged cheating, but both organizations are too good to let it stop them from winning championships.

also, the thread is not gay. It is a heterosexual thread.

Fast Dunk
09-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Re: Spurs=Patriots

Yeah both teams are a bunch of cheaters MFs

dav4463
09-17-2007, 03:33 AM

Champions!

T Park
09-17-2007, 03:42 AM
ignore him.

The patriots were caught cheating.

Any fan saying that their team doesn't or wouldn't do that, or doesn't STILL d it, is a hypocrit.

Oh, Gee!!
09-17-2007, 07:47 AM

TheAuthority
09-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Patriots = gay. Spurs = win. That about sums it up.

Chris Childs
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Both teams cheat to win so yeah...

Spurs=Patriots

ducks
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
pats have no class now

spurs have class
Horry did not make suns break the nba rules
horry did not even make them
horry also did not know amare and diaw would be both idiots and break the rules

Fast Dunk
09-17-2007, 01:26 PM
pats have no class now

spurs have class
Horry did not make suns break the nba rules
horry did not even make them
horry also did not know amare and diaw would be both idiots and break the rules

Shut up racist!

Fast Dunk
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Spurs=Patriots

Yeah...Everyone knows it, the entire NBA fanbase know it!

DON VITO
09-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Patriots are fucking legit.

ducks
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Shut up racist!
I am not a racist

I know border patrol people that gotten killed because of illegal alliens shooting at them
and they can not shoot back :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

ducks
09-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Patriots are fucking legit.
cheating makes things legit
if you are a quartback and know what d is being played any quarterback would look good

this pats team is talanted aother pats teams were not as good

no wonder brady stats are what they are

Samr
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I can't knock on the Pats. When I compete in anything, I abide, without remorse, by two of my favorite saying:

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." and "It's only 'cheating' if you get caught."

I don't think the Spurs cheat, so that aspect of the Spurs/Patriots comparison doesn't work, but I do think they are two very, very similar teams, and one aspect alone should not be enough to throw out the debate. Brady/Moss = Parker/Duncan ?

duncan228
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
The two teams have been compared in the media for a few years now.

They are similar in the way the organizations run, in the "team" attitude, in their approach to winning. And in the fact that both teams have won a lot in these last few years. Duncan and Brady have been viewed as similar in their leadership qualities, both being "lead by example" kinds of guys.

Brady messed up with fathering a child with a woman he's no longer with and now the Patriots have been fined for cheating.

I feel that ends the comparison. The Spurs have taken over the top spot by themselves as the organization that is a model for success.

Slomo
09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/gifs/Hypno_Horry.gif

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
^ :lmao X 10,000,000

Switchman
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Brady is nothing like Duncan.

dav4463
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
We Spurs fans were put in a position of having to defend our team after the media blitz following the Horry/Nash incident.

Patriot fans are put in a position to defend their team after the cheating incident.

That's the similarity I'm talking about. Fans will defend their team no matter what. Spurs are definitely NOT dirty, Patriots may be cheaters, but the fans are in the same boat.

vander
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
and its starting to look like the chargers = suns, lots of hype, talent, media, and whining, but no rings

oh for shame

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
so Pats= Spurs

Suns = Chargers

that leaves.........Colts = Mavs

Where's that fuckin championship ?

iminlakerland
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
It's just that I see such similarities. Many fans said the Spurs were "dirty". Many call the Patriots "cheaters". We know the Spurs aren't dirty, but you cannot convince a Suns fan of that fact. Maybe the Patriots are cheaters, but in Patriot fans minds, you couldn't convince them of it whether it is fact or not. We defend the Spurs (rightly so), Patriot fan's will defend their team (rightly or wrongly), but there are similarities between the two situations. Spurs image was tarnished due to the hipcheck and the Donaghy crap and the Patriots image is tarnished due to the alleged cheating, but both organizations are too good to let it stop them from winning championships.

also, the thread is not gay. It is a heterosexual thread.

I dont think at all the spurs image was tarnished by what happened with the hipcheck, the suspensions that followed and even the Donaghy incident. The spurs were never accused of having this ref cheat for them. Also it's not Robert Horry's fault that the suns left the bench. I dont think you can compare the two situations.

ShoogarBear
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/gifs/Hypno_Horry.gifClassic. Now you just need a pic of Amare walking around with his arms out zombie-like.

Stephen A. Smith
09-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Classic. Now you just need a pic of Amare walking around with his arms out zombie-like.
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/04-20/suns_jazz_basketball_400.jpg
MUUUSSSTTTTT...LLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAVVVVVEEEEE...BBB EEENNCCHHH....

JamStone
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't see the similarities between Duncan and Brady. Brady was a rockstar QB right out of high school. At Michigan, he had that same type of demeanor. Duncan has always had a pretty subdued personality. Plus, Duncan was an unanimous number 1 draft pick viewed as a future hall of fame type player as soon as he was drafted. Tom Brady was a 6 round pick that got on the right team at the right time.

Duncan is "viewed" as boring. Brady bangs actresses and supermodels.

I don't get the both are "boring" comparison.

lefty
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM

Browns and Cavs : bunch of losers

exstatic
09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
The one difference that always bothered me was the way that Pop developed and encouraged coaches and Belichek basically cut ties when they left and never encouraged them. Guess we know why that is, now, don't we? He was afraid someone would do what Mangini did: rat him out to the NFL for his cheating. How stupid (or arrogant) was Bill to actually still film the signs against the Jets when Mangini knew what his game was?

wildchild
09-17-2007, 08:39 PM

Spurs=Patriots

New England = San Antonio?

NO!

Brady is nothing like Duncan

What are your thoughts on this? Brady sucks? :lol so, I agree.

dav4463
09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
so Pats= Spurs

Suns = Chargers

that leaves.........Colts = Mavs

Where's that fuckin championship ?

Mavs=Chargers: best record and exit in the playoffs

or

Mavs-Desparados (possibly this year's Cowboys?)

dav4463
09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I dont think at all the spurs image was tarnished by what happened with the hipcheck, the suspensions that followed and even the Donaghy incident. The spurs were never accused of having this ref cheat for them. Also it's not Robert Horry's fault that the suns left the bench. I dont think you can compare the two situations.

Suns fans accused Donaghy of cheating for the Spurs until proven wrong. Suns fans think Horry is the only reason the Spurs beat them four times.

da_suns_fan__
09-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Suns fans accused Donaghy of cheating for the Spurs until proven wrong. Suns fans think Horry is the only reason the Spurs beat them four times.

No...we think Horry is the reason the Spurs beat the Suns once. And we would have gladly taken a 3-3 series back to Phoenix.

Spurs fans always wanted their team to get the respect of the Patriots. Ironically, this scandal has brought the Patriots down to the level of the Spurs.

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Mavs=Chargers: best record and exit in the playoffs

Every team exited the playoffs last year except the Spurs, genius.

ShoogarBear
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Spurs fans always wanted their team to get the respect of the Patriots.And Suns fans are waiting for the day their team will man up as much as the Mercury.

lefty
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
And Suns fans are waiting for the day their team will man up as much as the Mercury.

Touché :toast

iminlakerland
09-18-2007, 01:49 AM

Since when are the Suns the entire nba and all nba fans? Because one group of fans of the nba dont like the spurs because their players werent smart enough to stay on the bench has nothing to do with the entire spurs organization or the image that they have.

When a fans team loses they are always going to make excuses, and here they are reaching by trying to blame Donaghy and the Spurs for their chokedom.

And this is coming from a laker fan. Spurs are a class organization, plain and simple.

yourcheatinheart
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Since when are the Suns the entire nba and all nba fans? Because one group of fans of the nba dont like the spurs because their players werent smart enough to stay on the bench has nothing to do with the entire spurs organization or the image that they have.

When a fans team loses they are always going to make excuses, and here they are reaching by trying to blame Donaghy and the Spurs for their chokedom.

And this is coming from a laker fan. Spurs are a class organization, plain and simple.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/raped7.jpg

ancestron
09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
No...we think Horry is the reason the Spurs beat the Suns once. And we would have gladly taken a 3-3 series back to Phoenix.

Spurs fans always wanted their team to get the respect of the Patriots. Ironically, this scandal has brought the Patriots down to the level of the Spurs.

whats really sad is that the Suns had the game won when the hip check occured.
If Suns fans should be mad at anyone it should be Stoudemire and Diaw for not keeping their cool, and forfeiting their chance at an "even" matchup.
guess their mothers never taught them the value of being the bigger person and walking away.
Its also stunning how you think that the Suns definitely would have won had the suspensions not occured. Were they tired in game 6 because they had to play all that extra time in game 5? awww, we feel really bad for you. really, we do.

JamStone
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Not lottery teams, Kings fan.

dav4463
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM

I meant early exit.

Brutalis
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Apples and oranges.

rasho8
09-19-2007, 07:27 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/gifs/Hypno_Horry.gif

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

sa_butta
09-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Classic. Now you just need a pic of Amare walking around with his arms out zombie-like.Just need a photoshopper to add his head to this model...

http://blog.masslive.com/parquetpride/2007/07/medium_5_11_walker_5.jpg

ShoogarBear
09-19-2007, 08:32 AM
:lol Oh, man, I forgot about the Antoine.

Obstructed_View
09-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry, but the Patriots cheated. There's zero evidence the Spurs ever did anything but take care of business better than everyone else.

Phil Hellmuth
09-19-2007, 12:01 PM
spurs/pats comparison thread #123231

cherylsteele
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM

This is the kind of fan from other teams I respect. One who backs their team (Lakers in this case or whoever) but shows respect to other teams that earn/deserve it.

word
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
The Patriots of the NFL remind me of the Spurs of the NBA.

Bilichick = Pop ? Nope.
Moss = Parker ? Nope.
Brady = TD ? Maybe. They're both goddamn good but TD would have to knock up some models to be on Brady's level.

I just don't like the Patriots. Billycheck reminds me of a troll under a bridge. Pop just looks like a troll under a bridge.

duncan228
09-19-2007, 06:32 PM
... but TD would have to knock up some models to be on Brady's level.

:lmao

Like that's going to happen!

bobbyjoe
09-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Bruce Bowen and Rodney Harrison add to this comparison.

Both the dirtiest players in their respective sports.

Belichick would be more like Phil Jackson though than Popovich. Both Bill and Phil are arguably the most smug and arrogant coaches in their leagues, with both carrying "genius" reputations.

Switchman
09-19-2007, 07:11 PM

They get all the respect they need from the league. From the actual coaches/owners/gms/players/etc.

It's the ignorant loser fans from opposing teams that are too stupid. :dizzy
And the media that wants controversy to sell their pos articles/shows.

J.T.
09-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Pop and Belichick are sort of similar... except Pop doesn't act like an asshole all the time, but both are regarded as HOF coaches and have a kind of attitude about them. And you have to compare Parker to Brady because Parker is the young star of the team and married to an actress, Brady is the young leader of the Pats and be bangs celebs. Can't really compare Duncan to Brady because Brady is a sports celeb and Duncan is just a sports star...and the Spurs don't spy on other teams, they beat them on the court.

Whisky Dog
09-20-2007, 07:06 AM
I don't see where the notion comes from that the Patriots win with class. Brady basically goes around banging trashed out starlets while Belichick is such an asshole that everybody in his past can't stand the guy. Parcells and Mangini flat out hate the guy while even Weis and Crennel seem mostly indifferent about the guy.

Plus, they cheat. Cheating does not equal class.

Obstructed_View
09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Bruce Bowen and Rodney Harrison add to this comparison.

Both the dirtiest players in their respective sports.
Who was suspended more times last year, Kobe or Bowen? :rolleyes

TheAuthority
09-22-2007, 01:56 AM
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/04-20/suns_jazz_basketball_400.jpg
MUUUSSSTTTTT...LLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAVVVVVEEEEE...BBB EEENNCCHHH....

ROFL