PDA

View Full Version : This will be the year the debate finally ends..

TheTruth
09-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Brady finally has as much offensive fire power as Peyton. And from the way the past 2 games have gone Bellichek is gonna let him air it out early and often. No more Reche Caldwell's and Deion Branch as the #1 guy in New England. Those WR's are legite. Whichever QB ends up with the better record and stats this season is the man.

My money is on Brady.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
No more Reche Caldwell's and Deion Branch as the #1 guy in New England.

So, you're saying that the Super Bowl MVP wasn't a legite WR??

Interesting.

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 08:41 AM

Interesting.
Branch is a decent #2 receiver at best. He is also a "system WR" meaning in the right system (New England) he can look good, and in the wrong system (Seattle) he can look pretty crappy.

And he's the best Brady's ever had at WR.....a decent 2nd option.

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I better see 50 + TD passes.

TheTruth
09-17-2007, 09:31 AM

Interesting.
He's no Randy Moss or Reggie Wayne.

Larry Brown won a Super Bowl MVP, should we put his bust in Canton?

Slinkyman
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM

Interesting.

branch doesn't have a single 1000 yard season

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
and as great as it is to see Brady have some weapons, he's still not as physically gifted as Manning. In the overall QB package, Brady might be #1, but he doesn't have the arm to match up with Manning.

J.T.
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
The debate ended last year when Manning smacked Brady in the face with his two ton balls in the AFC title game. That was the people's Super Bowl, since the real one was over before it even began.

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
The debate ended last year when Manning smacked Brady in the face with his two ton balls in the AFC title game. That was the people's Super Bowl, since the real one was over before it even began.
one of the few truly horrible Belichick personnel moves was letting Ty Law go. To this day, Peyton Manning is still Ty Law's bitch.

Extra Stout
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Brady: 3
Manning: 1

TheTruth
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
What Extra Stout said.

I'd take Brady over Manning in a heartbeat. During the game last night, Madded commented on how calm Brady always seems at the line. Where as, Manning always looks so damn frantic. Brady is the man.

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM

Switch Brady and Manning and who has more SuperBowls. Does Manning win 4 in a row in New England? Does Brady win one in Indy?

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Switch Brady and Manning and who has more SuperBowls. Does Manning win 4 in a row in New England? Does Brady win one in Indy?
who cares?

O-Factor
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
who cares?

So I take it you know the answer then. Fact is, Brady has been surrounded by better team personel, better coaching staff, better defenses and really great offensive line play throught these past few years throughout their run. Taking nothing away from Brady, but put Peyton in Brady's shoes, and the Pats win an unprecedented 4 titles in a row, at least.

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 01:21 PM
So I take it you know the answer then. Fact is, Brady has been surrounded by better team personel, better coaching staff, better defenses and really great offensive line play throught these past few years throughout their run. Taking nothing away from Brady, but put Peyton in Brady's shoes, and the Pats win an unprecedented 4 titles in a row, at least.

Do you honestly expect any intellegence from Mono? Mavs fan, Rangers Fan(which im suprised its not Yankees, and now PATS) MONO = Bandwagon BITCH!!

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 01:31 PM

You're quite the prophet

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Do you honestly expect any intellegence from Mono? Mavs fan, Rangers Fan(which im suprised its not Yankees, and now PATS) MONO = Bandwagon BITCH!!
you really are butthurt about losing the Silver Boot, eh?

ATRAIN
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
you really are butthurt about losing the Silver Boot, eh?

hahaha your still with that crap hahahah Yes im hurt hahahahah dumb homo!!

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I'd take Brady over Manning in a heartbeat. During the game last night, Madded commented on how calm Brady always seems at the line. Where as, Manning always looks so damn frantic. Brady is the man.

Wait, it matters how calm you are at the line ? I guarantee you Peyton confuses the D more than Brady does when they do their pre-snap mumbo jumbo.

TheTruth
09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
How the hell do you know Manning would do any better with the Pats? Has brady EVER had players like Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Edge? He made Reche Caldwell look like a stud last year. Brady with the Colts offense would be just as good as the Manning ones.

TheTruth
09-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Wait, it matters how calm you are at the line ? I guarantee you Peyton confuses the D more than Brady does when they do their pre-snap mumbo jumbo.
Have you seen Peyton in tense situations. He jumps around in the pocket like someone's shooting bullets at his feet. You'd never see that out of Brady. And Brady doesn't need to confuse anyone, he just goes out there and throws it down your throat.

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Have you seen Peyton in tense situations. He jumps around in the pocket like someone's shooting bullets at his feet. You'd never see that out of Brady. And Brady doesn't need to confuse anyone, he just goes out there and throws it down your throat.

Peyton does that too. Did you see that precision td pass he threw to Dallas Clark yesterday?

btw, i'm not hating on Brady the least bit. I know how good he is. You just seem to be discrediting Peyton a bit now that Brady has Moss now.

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 02:42 PM
He made Reche Caldwell look like a stud last year.

for the record, Peyton made Stokley look like a decent wr before too.

ducks
09-17-2007, 02:42 PM
* cheating pats * brady

ducks
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
How the hell do you know Manning would do any better with the Pats? Has brady EVER had players like Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Edge? He made Reche Caldwell look like a stud last year. Brady with the Colts offense would be just as good as the Manning ones.
has manny known what the d is going to do before the play

ducks
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I do not like manny at all
but brady is overrated now
any decent quarterback would look as good as him if he knew what the d was before the play started

ducks
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
why should brady be tense he knows what the d is going to do

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
ducks! that's enough!

TheTruth
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
It's not even close.....

mardigan
10-28-2007, 09:18 PM
It's not even close.....
Just like Scheffler is better than Witten right?

TheTruth
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Just like Scheffler is better than Witten right?
It's not even close.

mardigan
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
It's not even close.
:lol
Your right, Witten is proving that every game

TheTruth
10-28-2007, 09:29 PM
:lol
Your right, Witten is proving that every game
The Kid's been out all year with a broken foot. Didn't look bad last Sunday night. 23 years old. I'll take my chances with him.

mardigan
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
The Kid's been out all year with a broken foot. Didn't look bad last Sunday night. 23 years old. I'll take my chances with him.
Not saying he's a scrub, but theres no way you can justify saying he is better than Witten. Not one. Witten is only one year older than Scheffler btw

J.T.
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm sure if Peyton's coach was a fucking cunt who is running up the score week after week because he is mad that he got caught cheating that Peyton could easily be on track for a 60TD season too. But the Colts don't play like that. The Pats are playing like a bunch of fucking arrogant cunts right now. How often do you see Jim Sorgi under center for the Colts in a regular season game? Never. And he closed the game for the Colts.

I am not saying Brady's play this year should be discredited. But Belichick wants to score 50 a game right now. He didn't pull Brady till they had over 40 points. The Pats had a six score lead in the third quarter today and nothing about the way the Sknis were playing today indicated they could make a six score comeback in less than a half of the game. That was just wrong.

Another reason Belichick kept Brady in so long is because he'd never beaten the Skins before, and I'm sure the both of them wanted to make sure that they beat the Skins as hard as fucking possible (hence Belichick's insistence at the end of the game that it be a shut out).

But the Colts are playing smarter football than the Pats right now. I guarantee you if the Colts are up by 10 in the 4th quarter next week, you will see two long clock burning drives that pretty much ruin the Pats comeback chances.

Brady is going to get picked twice next week on those ill-advised endzone-bomb-to-Moss-on-1st-down they keep running.

I'm glad Peyton played the earlier game since he became the first QB to wax every team but his own before Brady did. Suck it Pats bandwagoners.