PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson

stretch
09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
anyone see his last celebration? he did a lambeau leap in the BROWNS crowd. they were hitting him and throwing beer at him and stuff. it was funny as hell.

johnsmith
09-17-2007, 10:22 AM
anyone see his last celebration? he did a lambeau leap in the BROWNS crowd. they were hitting him and throwing beer at him and stuff. it was funny as hell.

I heard about it. Johnson's best celebrations always seem to come in losing efforts. Last year when he did the "merriman".

stretch
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I didn't get what his first celebration was, when he just ran back and forth, and looked kind of confused.

J.T.
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
TO wins best celebration this week.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM

I saw the replay of him talking it up with the Dawg Pound before the game and that's why Chad Johnson is probably my favorite NFL player.

He's just damned entertaining and a star to boot.

johnsmith
09-17-2007, 11:04 AM
TO wins best celebration this week.

I agree, that was pretty damn funny.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
It was funny.

But, funny doesn't help you win games.

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
It was funny.

But, funny doesn't help you win games.
2 touchdowns does

Whisky Dog
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
2 touchdowns does

He had 1 this week, but it was the difference in the game. Barber had 2 TD and both he and TO have 3 in 2 games.

peewee's lovechild
09-17-2007, 12:32 PM
2 touchdowns does

All that celebrating didn't do jack shit for a win yesterday, did it?

monosylab1k
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
All that celebrating didn't do jack shit for a win yesterday, did it?
I'd love to hear you explain how Chad Johnson's celebrating was responsible for Cincy's defense giving up 51 points.

fyatuk
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I love the celebrations and the ball spiking and all that the NFL wants to get rid of. I like seeing people emotionally involved in the game and getting fired up. But that's another story.

The Johnson skits this week were fairly entertaining. Having his teammate prevent him from doing it the first time was cute, but certainly would have been better if he didn't have to wave his teammate over first.

TO's was funny as hell, especially since the announcers were just talking about the Pats and still thought he was fishing.

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Leave it to Cowboy fans to think their shit is better than somebody elses.

But Chad is the funniest player in the league and the BEST WR in the game by far.

Thunder Dan
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
I was at the game, he planned out where he was going to jump with the fans there so they wouldn't do anything to hurt him. He made sure to go to Big Dawg John Thompson's side b/c he knew he wouldn't cut him with anything or do anything terrible. So it doesn't really have the luster as it might sound.

But Chad is better than T.O. in basically every category. Better hands, faster, no fear like T.O., plus he is better after a touchdown. People like Chad Johnson. Some people in Dallas like T.O.

fyatuk
09-17-2007, 03:21 PM

But Chad is the funniest player in the league and the BEST WR in the game by far.

Normally yes, but TO's was better this week. That's it.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Steve Smith disagrees with you.

kskonn
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I was at the game, he planned out where he was going to jump with the fans there so they wouldn't do anything to hurt him. He made sure to go to Big Dawg John Thompson's side b/c he knew he wouldn't cut him with anything or do anything terrible. So it doesn't really have the luster as it might sound.

But Chad is better than T.O. in basically every category. Better hands, faster, no fear like T.O., plus he is better after a touchdown. People like Chad Johnson. Some people in Dallas like T.O.
I go to every game in Dallas and a lot of people like TO. Everytime he gets the ball the stadium breaks out into TO TO TO chants.

kskonn
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I'd love to hear you explain how Chad Johnson's celebrating was responsible for Cincy's defense giving up 51 points.

you forgot to add, to the fucking browns!!!

Greg Oden
09-17-2007, 05:32 PM

I don't think Chad cares.

Kriz-Maxima
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I like Chad Johnson he is funny but not offensive.

Thunder Dan
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I go to every game in Dallas and a lot of people like TO. Everytime he gets the ball the stadium breaks out into TO TO TO chants.

Yeah and the people in San Fran cheer for Barry Bonds

Switchman
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Ocho Cinco has some fucking balls to do that.

In other cities he would have gotten stabbed for that stunt.

His overhyped FIRST TD OF THE SEASON ROME I WON"T DISAPPOINT was pretty lame and not funny at all.

samikeyp
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
He's just damned entertaining and a star to boot.

I would agree...he is fun to watch.

Horry For 3!
09-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Chad Johnson is tha shit. I love that guy.

Erect as a Bull
09-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Yea I'm a huge Chad fan. Ever since he guaranteed a victory over the Chiefs I've been a fan. I love his Tds and his celebrations. Him and Portis are my 2 favorite players. I usually always try to get Chad on my fantasy team.

stretch
09-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Steve Smith is probably more skilled than Chad Johnson, but there is one reason why I would take Johnson over Smith... because hes taller, and that makes him a bigger threat instantly.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 08:20 AM

I didn't say that, but you probably have trouble reading.

What I did say, though, was that his celebration was "funny but funny doesn't win games."

If you need help breaking that down, let me know.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 09:04 AM
I didn't say that, but you probably have trouble reading.

What I did say, though, was that his celebration was "funny but funny doesn't win games."

If you need help breaking that down, let me know.
I'll go ahead and word this for someone with the intelligence level of a fifth grader. After all, I'm dealing with someone who thought Hayden Christiansen's portrayal of Anakin was genius.

Johnson's celebrations are funny. Johnson celebrates after touchdowns.

Unless you've got the genius take that touchdowns don't help win games, then Johnson's celebrations in effect do help his team win. It means he's getting into the end zone.

His two touchdowns and the ensuing celebrations have nothing to do with the Bengals losing and everything to do with helping the team have a better shot at winning.

The more Johnson brings the funny, the better the Bengals will be this year.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
The more Johnson brings the funny, the better the Bengals will be this year.

Hey genius, he brought the funny and the Bengals still weren't any better.

That's just a stupid statement.

But, then again, it's you making it.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey genius, he brought the funny and the Bengals still weren't any better.
He brought the funny and the Bengals scored 45 points. He's not responsible for the defense giving up 51.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 10:12 AM
He brought the funny and the Bengals scored 45 points. He's not responsible for the defense giving up 51.

But, did they win??

Go ahead, answer the question.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 10:16 AM
But, did they win??

Go ahead, answer the question.
doesn't matter if they win or not.

you said Johnson bringing the funny doesn't help his team win. And unless you're trying to tell me that scoring touchdowns doesn't help his team win, then you're wrong. thanks.

Johnson and TO bring the funny. Their teams are a combined 3-1 right now.

Whisky Dog
09-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I have a question for anyone here that might know. What are the specific rules regarding penalties for celebrations? From what I heard TO got the 15 yd penalty (which is a hinderance to winning) because he used the goal post as a prop. Does that mean that he could have just gone to the corner of the endzone, lied down like he was sneaking around, and have done the exact same camera motion with the ball and not get the penalty?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I have a question for anyone here that might know. What are the specific rules regarding penalties for celebrations? From what I heard TO got the 15 yd penalty (which is a hinderance to winning) because he used the goal post as a prop. Does that mean that he could have just gone to the corner of the endzone, lied down like he was sneaking around, and have done the exact same camera motion with the ball and not get the penalty?
I'm not sure about the rule either but if I remember, he got flagged for the "nap" celebration when he used the ball as a pillow last year. So maybe the ball can be considered a prop too? I think anything besides spiking the ball and doing a little dance will get you the penalty.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
doesn't matter if they win or not.

you said Johnson bringing the funny doesn't help his team win. And unless you're trying to tell me that scoring touchdowns doesn't help his team win, then you're wrong. thanks.

Johnson and TO bring the funny. Their teams are a combined 3-1 right now.

Moron, read what I wrote.

I wrote that funny doesn't help you win games.
I never said touchdowns don't help you win games.

You, little moron, said Chad being funny helps make his team better.
He brought the funny on Sunday.
I asked if the Bengals won.
And, you still haven't answered.

Did Chad bringing the funny help his team win??

Answer the question.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I wrote that funny doesn't help you win games.
I never said touchdowns don't help you win games.
When does Chad Johnson bring the funny?

Answer the question.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
P.S. - since you're too stupid to figure this out, I'll explain again. "Helping your team" and "Making your team better" does not always mean your team will win, it just means that they will win more games than they would if they didn't have you.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
When does Chad Johnson bring the funny?

Answer the question.

I'll answer your question because I can man up, unlike you.

Yes, Chad brings the "funny" when he scores touchdowns. But, that really doesn't fortify your point. He can easily score touchdowns without the funny and it will still be the same effect . . . 6 points.

You, on the other hand, claimed that it makes his team better. Yet, they still lost. So, how does being funny help your team (or make them better) when he broght the "funny" and his team still lost??

I'll ask the question again:

Did Chad bringing the funny help his team win?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Yes, Chad brings the "funny" when he scores touchdowns.
thank you

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
P.S. - since you're too stupid to figure this out, I'll explain again. "Helping your team" and "Making your team better" does not always mean your team will win, it just means that they will win more games than they would if they didn't have you.

You're a fucking moron.

Does Marvin Harrison bring the funny after a touchdown?
Does Reggie Wayne bring the funny after a touchdown?
Does Andre Johnson bring the funny after a touchdown?

And yet, they are all 2-0 at this point.

So, did they need the "funny"?

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:24 AM
thank you

1 win, 1 loss.

Yea, it's a great help bringing the funny.

The Colts are 2-0, without the funny.

Hmmm, I can really see how effective bringing the funny is.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:25 AM
You're a fucking moron.

Does Marvin Harrison bring the funny after a touchdown?
Does Reggie Wayne bring the funny after a touchdown?
Does Andre Johnson bring the funny after a touchdown?

And yet, they are all 2-0 at this point.

So, did they need the "funny"?
Has any of their defenses given up 51 points?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
1 win, 1 loss.

Yea, it's a great help bringing the funny.

The Colts are 2-0, without the funny.

Cowboys are 2-0. bringing the funny works when your defense doesn't give up 51 points.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I can see how effective touchdowns are.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
He can easily score touchdowns without the funny and it will still be the same effect
No, cuz then there would be no funny. Different effect, same benefits to the team tho.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:30 AM
thank you

You're welcome.

Now, are you man enough to answer the question I've given you.

Na, you're gonna punk out like the little bitch you are.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Has any of their defenses given up 51 points?
So you theory is conditional on the teams defense?

monosylab1k
You're welcome.

Now, are you man enough to answer the question I've given you.

Na, you're gonna punk out like the little bitch you are.
Yes, Chad Johnson brought the funny and the Bengals have a win. Happy? Get back to me when the tears dry up.

peewee's lovechild
I can see how effective touchdowns are.

No one's arguing that, but that's okay.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
So you theory is conditional on the teams defense?
LaDainian Tomlinson doesn't bring the funny and his team is 1-1. McNabb doesn't bring the funny and he's 0-2. In fact, there are more 0-2 teams with players who don't bring the funny.

So is your theory on not bringing funny conditional on team defense as well?

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes, Chad Johnson brought the funny and the Bengals have a win. Happy? Get back to me when the tears dry up.

So, they won this past Sunday.

Because, that would be news to everyone here.

Why don't you show us Sunday's score so we can be enlightened.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:34 AM
So, they won this past Sunday.

Because, that would be news to everyone here.

Why don't you show us Sunday's score so we can be enlightened.
Look at current standings and tell me what number you see in the win column for Cincinatti.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
No, cuz then there would be no funny. Different effect, same benefits to the team tho.

Do you even read what you type.

6 pts is all that matters. 6 pts that you get without the funny. The funny doesn't do jack shit. It doesn't add any more pts, but it can take away yards from your team and put them in a bind.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:37 AM
but it can take away yards from your team and put them in a bind.
how many yards has Chad Johnson been penalized for this year?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:39 AM
6 pts is all that matters. 6 pts that you get without the funny.
or with it. either way, 6 points. I'm sorry football isn't played by robots devoid of personality.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Look at current standings and tell me what number you see in the win column for Cincinatti.

Why don't you take a look at the current standings and tell me the number you see in the loss column for Cincinatti.

Apparently, your funny theory only works at 50%.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:56 AM
or with it. either way, 6 points. I'm sorry football isn't played by robots devoid of personality.

I'm pretty sure you can find a playground where there's all sorts of five year olds that celebrate when they gain a yard.

You'll be happy there.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Why don't you take a look at the current standings and tell me the number you see in the loss column for Cincinatti.

Apparently, your funny theory only works at 50%.
Cowboys are 2-0.

monosylab1k
I'm pretty sure you can find a playground where there's all sorts of five year olds that celebrate when they gain a yard.
who said anything about celebrating after gaining a yard? now you're deviating WAY off course, kinda like a George Lucas plot line.

peewee's lovechild
how many yards has Chad Johnson been penalized for this year?

You want to go back and add up the yards he's been penalized as well as the amount of fines he's been given?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
You want to go back and add up the yards he's been penalized as well as the amount of fines he's been given?
Find me a game that the Bengals or Cowboys or Eagles lost specifically because of the penalty received by Chad Johnson/Terrell Owens.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Find me a game that the Bengals or Cowboys or Eagles lost specifically because of the penalty received by Chad Johnson/Terrell Owens.

Find me a Super Bowl that was won because someone brought the funny.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 12:12 PM
who said anything about celebrating after gaining a yard? now you're deviating WAY off course, kinda like a George Lucas plot line.

Because that's bringing the funny too.

By the way, you were okay with Lucas' plotline for the orginal triology . . . so what's your point?

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 12:14 PM

Super Bowl XVII
Skins over Dolphins...the "Fun Bunch" for Washington.

:)

stretch
09-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Superbowl 39. Patriots over Eagles.

Recievers constantly mocking the Eagle's "wing flap" after receptions and a TD, and Rodney Harrison doing the same after catching the game clinching INT.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Bowl XVII
Skins over Dolphins...the "Fun Bunch" for Washington.

:)

:lol

True.

peewee's lovechild
Superbowl 39. Patriots over Eagles.

Recievers constantly mocking the Eagle's "wing flap" after receptions and a TD, and Rodney Harrison doing the same after catching the game clinching INT.

:lol :lol

True, I forgot about that one.

But, that was more in response to FREDEX (as well as T.O) yapping his mouth and trying to bring the funny.

peewee's lovechild
Did the "dirty bird" help Jamal Anderson and the Falcons?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Because that's bringing the funny too.
No, it's not. Celebrating after a yardage gain or 1st down is stupid.

Bringing the funny only occurs after touchdowns.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Did the "dirty bird" help Jamal Anderson and the Falcons?
Stupid dances are not "bringing the funny" unless it's done in a mocking fashion.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Stupid dances are not "bringing the funny" unless it's done in a mocking fashion.

So, Chad Johnson's "Riverdance" celebration from last year wasn't "bringing the funny"?

J.T.
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
It is kosher to, on defense, do a little celebrating after a sack, pick that isn't taken to the house, or big stop on 3rd down. Not the Merriman dance, but maybe like headbutt with the safety or some shit. Sucks that the NFL changed the rules and is docking yards for spiking the ball.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
So, Chad Johnson's "Riverdance" celebration from last year wasn't "bringing the funny"?

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
It is kosher to, on defense, do a little celebrating after a sack, pick that isn't taken to the house, or big stop on 3rd down. Not the Merriman dance, but maybe like headbutt with the safety or some shit. Sucks that the NFL changed the rules and is docking yards for spiking the ball.
For whatever reason, I'm a big fan of the "jump shot" celebration after a sack. It's stupid and makes zero sense, but I like it.

Findog
09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
For whatever reason, I'm a big fan of the "jump shot" celebration after a sack. It's stupid and makes zero sense, but I like it.

I would love to see a guy sack one of these Jesus-freak QBs like Kitna or Kurt Warner, and instead of doing a dance to celebrate, stare at them lying on the ground and say "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, MUTHAFUCKA???"

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Bowl 12

Butch Johnson

California Quake

Dallas 27-10

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I would love to see a guy sack one of these Jesus-freak QBs like Kitna or Kurt Warner, and instead of doing a dance to celebrate, stare at them lying on the ground and say "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, MUTHAFUCKA???"

:lmao

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 01:26 PM

How was Chad mocking anything with the Riverdance celebration.

According to him, he practiced that jig.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM

I'd laugh at that.

Findog
09-18-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd laugh at that.

Yeah, I bet that's why you never see them choose Ray Lewis or Tank Johnson for the "mic'd up" segment they always do.

It would end up sound like an EKG machine.

stretch
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
:lol :lol

True, I forgot about that one.

But, that was more in response to FREDEX (as well as T.O) yapping his mouth and trying to bring the funny.

T.O. didn't yap his mouth. And Fred-Ex was just joking around, but as usual, the most oversensitive guy in the NFL in Rodney Harrison was offended, even after Freddie said that he was just joking.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
T.O. didn't yap his mouth. And Fred-Ex was just joking around, but as usual, the most oversensitive guy in the NFL in Rodney Harrison was offended, even after Freddie said that he was just joking.

Fred joked himself all the way to unemployment.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
the most oversensitive guy in the NFL in Rodney Harrison
Joey Porter

stretch
09-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Fred joked himself all the way to unemployment.
Well, it was really a joke that he was employed to begin with.

stretch
09-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Joey Porter
Rodney Harrison.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, it was really a joke that he was employed to begin with.

True that.

exstatic
09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
How was Chad mocking anything with the Riverdance celebration.

According to him, he practiced that jig.
You're joking now, right? Riverdance exists only to be mocked. Chad practiced so that he did a good job of mocking the dancers without arms.