PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League 07-08 Thread

SAtown
09-17-2007, 11:58 PM
The most important sports tournament in the world begins tomorrow (group stage).

Tuesday's games:
FC Porto v Liverpool
Marseille v Besiktas
Chelsea v Ronsenburg
Schalke 04 v Valencia
Olympiakos v Lazio
Real Madrid v Werder Bremen
AC Milan v Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk v Celtic

Wednesday's games:
FC Barcelona v Lyon
Rangers v VfB Stuttgart
Roma v Dynamo Kiev
Sporting Lisbon v Manchester Utd
Fenerbahce v Internazionale Milan
PSV Eindhoven v CSKA Moscow
Arsenal v Sevilla
Slavia Prague v Steaua Bucuresti

Evan
09-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Going to be the best one in years.

SAtown
09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Predictions:

FC Porto v Liverpool
Marseille v Besiktas
Chelsea v Ronsenburg
Schalke 04 v Valencia
Olympiakos v Lazio
Real Madrid v Werder Bremen
AC Milan v Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk v Celtic

Winners in bold, tie games w/o bold.

velik_m
09-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Mourinho fired.

SAtown
10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Hope Roma beats Manchester Utd... get some revenge for the 7-1 last season.

tlongII
10-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Best sports tournament my ass. Nothing beats March Madness!

SAtown
10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Best sports tournament my ass. Nothing beats March Madness!

March Madness? :lmao

tlongII
10-02-2007, 05:54 PM
March Madness? :lmao

What are you laughing at? March Madness is EASILY the best sports tournament in the world. It's not even close.

Evan
10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Anyway....

Manchester! wOOt!

Freeze
10-02-2007, 06:07 PM
What are you laughing at? March Madness is EASILY the best sports tournament in the world. It's not even close.
March Madness is EASILY the best sports tournament in the USA. It's not even close.

I agree this way :spin

resistanze
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Arsenal still going strong!

kingsfan
10-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Liverpool on ESPN2 right now. GO MERSEY!! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif

velik_m
10-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Lol @dida - now THAT is flopping!

SAtown
10-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Liverpool is fucked.

Purple & Gold
11-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Chelsea will finally take it this year.

SAtown
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Matchday 4 - Tuesday 6 November

Liverpool v. Beşiktaş
Porto v. Marseille
Valencia v. Rosenborg
Schalke v. Chelsea
Lazio v. Bremen
Olympiacos v. Real Madrid
Celtic v. Benfica
Shakhtar v. Milan

Matchday 4 - Wednesday 7 November

Lyon v. Stuttgart
Barcelona v. Rangers
Man. United v. Dynamo Kyiv
Sporting v. Roma
Internazionale v. CSKA Moskva
Fenerbahçe v. PSV
Steaua v. Sevilla
Slavia v. Arsenal

SAtown
11-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Must WINS:

Liverpool over Besiktas
Shalke over Chelsea
Lazio over Bremen
Stuttgart over Lyon (they're all but out)
Dynamo Kyiv over Manchester United (impossible)
CSKA Moskva over Inter Milan (just as impossible as above)
Steaua over Sevilla

It's almost certain Liverpool can beat Besiktas at Anfield, Shalke could beat Chelsea, and Lazio could beat Bremen in Rome. Stuttgart lost at home to Lyon last matchday (0-2 IIRC), and I think it will be the same in Lyon. No way Dynamo Kyiv beats ManU, and no way CSKA Moskva beats Inter in Milan.

Purple & Gold
11-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Shalke is good. They have a chance if Kevin Kuranyi plays. I don't know if he's still hurt or not. He's a damn good striker and his absence last time killed any chance they had of beating Chelsea. If he plays they have a chance, but I don't see that happening. Chelsea have been playing great as of late. They seem to finally be getting Grant's style.

And what happened to Stuttgart. They have been playing horrible all year with basically the same team that won the Bundesliga last year and a healthy Mario Gomez. I know they played above themselves last year, but still.

SAtown
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Stuttgart aren't doing well in the Bundesliga either (11th with 16 points, Bayern Munich 1st with 28 points). I was very excited for them last season and the start of this Champions League because of Pardo and Osorio. They also have a tough group with Lyon, Barca, and Rangers.

A couple of weekends ago I saw a Bundesliga matchup between Shalke and Werder Bremen, and even though they ended up 1-1, it was on of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. They'll come out swinging vs Chelsea, but like you, I think Chelsea will take it (maybe 2-1).

Purple & Gold
11-16-2007, 01:15 AM
The enigma that is VFB Stuttgart. I have no idea what's up with them. They let Juninho do whatever he wants against them one game and then they come up huge against Bayern. Their midfield isn't the same. Pardo is still very good (proud of him as an Americanista), but he is getting up there in age. I'm not a huge fan of Osorio, but he does do some nice things. His defense is lacking sometimes though. Magnin is the one I really like (him, Mario, and Hitzlsperger), I think this guy is really underrated. Even though he got schooled against Lyon, he's one of the best attacking defenders out there. He can take it all the way down the field with ease. Hilbert and Khedira were great last year, but they aren't playing like they were then and it's really hurt them. I know they had injuries early (didn't really watch early this season though) so they should be getting better as they get healthier. Maybe this Bayern win will really help them out. Last season they did make that great run to finish the season so who knows.

But in the Bundesliga I'm an 1860 München fan so it's :depressed days for me.

But on a happier note even though Chelsea tied, they look like a shoe in to the next round. Valencia really laid an egg on that one. :smokin

Purple & Gold
11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Chelsea with the big win. :clap :clap :clap

And Pardo has been playing great as of late.

SAtown
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Very nice setup by Wright-Phillips on Chelsea's 2nd goal. It should have been Essien's goal, but of course stingy Drogba wants it all. I did like his "freezing" celebration after his 1st goal though.

SAtown
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Inzaghi just broke Gerd Müller's all-time goal scoring record in European competition. :clap

Purple & Gold
12-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Very nice setup by Wright-Phillips on Chelsea's 2nd goal. It should have been Essien's goal, but of course stingy Drogba wants it all. I did like his "freezing" celebration after his 1st goal though.

That was a great play by SWP. His skill is very impressive. How he took that ball from the defender was a thing of beauty. He should get more playing time.

As for why you don't like Drogba, I don't understand. He's a GREAT player. One of the best in world. He does everything and is a beast out there. Definitely the most complete forward in the World. And you want your forwards to be ball hogs when it comes to shots, as long as he can make them. And Drogba can finish.

Purple & Gold
12-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Inzaghi just broke Gerd Müller's all-time goal scoring record in European competition. :clap

Very impressive.

SAtown
12-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Some good matches today

Marseille v Liverpool (Winner advances to knockout rounds)

Porto v Besiktas (A Marseille/Liverpool tie and Besiktas win would allow Porto and Besiktas to advance)

Shalke 04 v Rosenborg (Winner advances to knockout rounds, tie would advance Rosenborg)

Olympiacos v Werder Bremen (Winner advances with Real Madrid, and depending on Madrid's match with Lazio, they could advance 1st place out of group)

Duncan21
12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Torres is fucking amazing!

Purple & Gold
12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Damn work missed all the games :madrun :madrun :madrun

SAtown
12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Damn work missed all the games :madrun :madrun :madrun

I only saw a couple this week, which sucks because there won't be CL until late Feb :depressed

SAtown
12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Top-tier teams (like Liverpool and Arsenal) that finished second place in group stage have to face the likes of Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan, and Barca (etc) in the next round. Liverpool vs AC Milan would be insane

makedamnsure
12-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Can't wait for Arsenal to show Henry what he's missing in Barcelona :]

Purple & Gold
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Wrong thread. But FUCK William Gallas :madrun :madrun :madrun :pctoss :pctoss

Purple & Gold
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I only saw a couple this week, which sucks because there won't be CL until late Feb :depressed

At least ESPN Deportes will probably be showing replays of all the games. Also looking forward to the African Nations Cup coming up. It's gonna shorthand Chelsea big time though. :bang :bang

resistanze
12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Kaka named FIFA World Player of the Year

ZURICH, Dec 17 (Reuters) - AC Milan playmaker Kaka added to his remarkable haul of trophies and titles on Monday when he was named FIFA World Player 2007.

The 25-year-old Brazilian international beat Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo in the annual poll of national team coaches and captains.

Kaka collected more points than the combined total of the other two nominees, world soccer's governing body FIFA said after the ceremony here. He won 1,047 votes while Argentine Messi gained 504 and Portuguese Ronaldo picked up 426.

Chelsea and Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba was fourth on 209. Barcelona and Brazil playmaker Ronaldinho, winner of the award in 2004 and 2005, came fifth.

'Tonight is really special for me,' said Kaka, who helped Milan to their seventh European Cup title in May and was also inspirational in Sunday's 4-2 Club World Cup final victory over Argentina's Boca Juniors.

'When I was young I dreamed of playing for Sao Paulo and playing just one game for the national team. That was it...but the Bible says God gives us more than we ask for and that is what has happened in my life.'

Kaka, a devoted Christian, was a heavy favourite to win Monday's prize after landing France Football magazine's prestigious Ballon d'Or and World Soccer magazine's World Player of the Year accolade.

'I had always thought about winning this (FIFA) award,' said Kaka. 'But there are always doubts until it is actually confirmed.

'It is not just this award but the whole year that has been very nice. Winning the Champions League and everything that has happened, it's just been wonderful.'

Kaka received his prize from compatriot and three-times World Cup winner Pele, who was himself given FIFA's presidential award for his lifetime contribution to the sport.

Although Kaka was rested for Brazil's successful Copa America campaign in June and July, Pele said his success with the national team had helped set him apart from the other nominated players.

'Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi have played some great football this year but they are not yet the most prominent players in their national teams,' Pele said.

'Kaka has been playing at this level for Brazil for four years now, he helps out in midfield and he is also a great example off the pitch. He's the complete player.'

Compatriot Marta completed Brazil's clean sweep at Monday's gala when she was named women's World Player for the second year running.

SAtown
12-27-2007, 11:14 PM
1st Knockout Round: 1st Leg

02 - 19 - 2008

Shalke 04 vs Porto

Liverpool vs Internazionale

Roma vs Real Madrid

Olympiacos vs Chelsea

02 - 20 - 2008

Celtic vs Barcelona

Lyon vs Manchester United

Arsenal vs AC Milan

Fenerbahçe vs Sevilla

Evan
01-23-2008, 10:17 AM
wOOt!!

Arsenal vs AC Milan

This one gonna be good

Purple & Gold
01-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Chelsea FTW

mFFL03
02-06-2008, 03:31 AM
suuuuper suuuuper frank....suuuuper suuuuper frank, suuuuuper suuuuuper frank,

suuuuuuper frankie lampard

SAtown
02-18-2008, 01:55 PM
1 day away from the first leg. Any predictions as to who will go through to quarterfinals?

SAtown
02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
My prediction:

Porto over Shalke

Liverpool over Inter

Real Madrid over Roma

Chelsea over Olympiacos

Barcelona over Celtic

Man U over Lyon

AC Milan over Arsenal

Fenerbahce over Sevilla

resistanze
02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
First leg predictions:

Liverpool/Inter = TIE
Porto/Shalke = PORTO
Real/Roma = TIE
Chelsea/Olympiacos = CHELSEA
Man U/Lyon = MAN U
Arsenal/Milan = ARSENAL
Fenerbache/Sevilla = SEVILLA
Barca/Celtic = BARCA

Let's go Gunners.

Evan
02-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Liverpool/Inter = Inter Milan
Porto/Shalke = PORTO
Real/Roma = Madrid
Chelsea/Olympiacos = CHELSEA
Man U/Lyon = MAN U
Arsenal/Milan = AC Milan

Fenerbache/Sevilla = (I have no clue)

SAtown
02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
It will be hard for Milan. The new proven GK Kalac suffered a dislocated finger, while Dida has a back injury (probably from flopping in Glasgow). Hopefully Pato sees some playing time in late in the game and makes his CL debut. I think Milan goes for the tie in London, and their experience will get them one... hopefully.

resistanze
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I hope that the Gunners come out with fire after getting raped by Man U in the FA Cup. Milan has been inconsistent the whole year, but they're getting better @ the right time and always show up for CL.

However if Milan gets past Arsenal, I'll be rooting for them.

Evan
02-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I hope that the Gunners come out with fire after getting raped by Man U in the FA Cup.

I want to see what their roster will look like.

SAtown
02-18-2008, 02:49 PM
It's almost certain Sagna will not play (death in family) and Rosicky is still suffering from the "slight" hamstring problem and might not play.

Evan
02-18-2008, 03:16 PM
In the end...all that matters to me besides Manchester United success is Liverpool failure.

Duncan21
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Liverpool 2-0 Inter

great preformance by Liverpool, im not even sure if i saw inter get a shot on target.

resistanze
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
The two yellow cards on Materazzi ruined the game and made my think the referee was paid off, seriously. Liverpool was the better team up until that point, though.

Purple & Gold
02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
No away goals :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

SAtown
02-19-2008, 09:19 PM
The two yellow cards on Materazzi ruined the game and made my think the referee was paid off, seriously. Liverpool was the better team up until that point, though.

Even though I hate Inter, I felt cheated when Materazzi was sent off. It was shaping up to be a great match. Liverpool dominated the first 22 minutes or so, then Inter showed some signs of life for the next few minutes until he got the red card.

Very nice Gerrard goal though...

resistanze
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Even though I hate Inter, I felt cheated when Materazzi was sent off. It was shaping up to be a great match. Liverpool dominated the first 22 minutes or so, then Inter showed some signs of life for the next few minutes until he got the red card.

Very nice Gerrard goal though...

You know it's a horrible call when I feel bad for MATERAZZI..the biggest POS in soccer.

I'm indifferent to Inter anyways...funny since I was a fan of Inter up until the Adriano/Vieri/Martins days when they'd get constantly spanked by Juve and AC.

Evan
02-20-2008, 09:50 AM
I am always surprised at how empty those stadiums are

SAtown
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
March 03

Barcelona - Celtic (3-2)

Manchester Utd - Lyon (1-1)

Sevilla - Fenerbahce (2-3)

Milan - Arsenal (0-0)

March 04

Porto - Shalke (0-1)

Real Madrid - Roma (1-2)

Chelsea - Olympiacos (0-0)

March 11

Inter Milan - Liverpool (0-2)

SAtown
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I think Celtic and Inter are done. Also, it's going to pretty much take a miracle for Olympiacos to somehow manage to score early on, cuz Chelsea will just take command of the game and control the tempo. OR, Olympiacos can hold the 0-0 until PKs, which is a long shot. The same goes for Manchester Utd and Real Madrid. I think both will score early and maintain the away goal advantage.

Evan
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
UEFA Champions League

Round of 16 - 2nd leg Matches & Scores (with 1st leg scores included):

-Tue Mar 4
Barcelona v Celtic (3-2) - delayed at 4pm central on ESPN Classic
Man United v Lyon (1-1) - live at 1:45pm central on Setanta
Sevilla v Fenerbahce (2-3) - delayed at 5pm central on Setanta
Milan v Arsenal (0-0) - live at 1:30pm central on ESPN2

-Wed Mar 5
Porto v Schalke (1-0) - live at 1:45pm central on Setanta Premium
Real Madrid v Roma (1-2) - live at 1:30pm central on Setanta
Chelsea v Olympiacos (0-0) - live at 1:30pm central on ESPN2

SAtown
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Damn ESPN Deportes won't show the Sevilla v Fenerbahce game until 1am. Oh well, it's gonna be a long footy day.

Evan
03-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Damn ESPN Deportes won't show the Sevilla v Fenerbahce game until 1am. Oh well, it's gonna be a long footy day.

I don't have Deportes........ :bang

resistanze
03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Gunners!!!
:hat

Evan
03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I didn't see the United game...looked like a grinder though.

SAtown
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Arsenal wiped the field with Milan both legs. They deserved to win

SAtown
03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Anyone get to catch the Sevilla v Fenerbahce match yesterday? It was definitely the match of the day.

Evan
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I have Time Warner which means I miss almost everything.

SAtown
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I have no idea what language this is, but you can at least see the goals.

Goals of the match:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841471

PK shootout:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841464

Evan
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
hey thanks SAtown :toast

velik_m
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
bye, bye Real.

polandprzem
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Roma is just solid, but they were playing too much around the defensive field.
But thay managed to win this.

Good I was on Roma to win and I like them more then Real.

Damn, when the actor tricks will end :rolleyes Italins are the worst

SAtown
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I have Time Warner which means I miss almost everything.

These fucking idiots on Deportes keep saying the fucking results and goals of other matches. What the FUCK? They know they show all the fucking games in a row, and people like me dvr them all and watch them. Don't they fucking want people to stick around and watch the games on their network? What the fuck Spanish commentators? I have to watch the rest of this shit on mute.

DarthDirk420
03-07-2008, 02:07 AM
It sucks bad that Sevilla lost to Bahce. I really like Sevilla and they have a great team. Oh well, they'll be back. Now it's up to every team to keep ManU and Barca out of the final!

SAtown
03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
If Liverpool holds on to their lead vs Inter today, then all 4 English teams advance to quarterfinals. I wonder if Platini will have a hand in matching them up in the quarterfinal draw in order to not have an all English final.

Duncan21
03-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I fucking love Torres, thats something like 8 goals in 4 games including 2 hat-tricks.

He and Gerrard combine perfectly together, i think benitez has found the right combination with Torres up front on his own with Gerrard supporting and two holding players with Alonso and Mascherano. Its working perfectly!

Purple & Gold
03-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Chelsea better win this whole fucking thing. :madrun :madrun :madrun

Purple & Gold
03-12-2008, 02:10 AM
I needed to get my Zola sig in here. :smokin

SAtown
03-12-2008, 02:56 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2i8gf8z.gif :smokin

Duncan21
03-12-2008, 12:12 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2i8gf8z.gif :smokin

lol, hope they win it!

SAtown
03-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Eliminating Liverpool and Chelsea in succession is ridiculous. I don't think most (if any) of the remaining Champions League teams would be able to do the same.

Duncan21
03-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Champions League quarter-final draw:

1 Arsenal v Liverpool
2 AS Roma v Man Utd
3 Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona
4 Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Champions League semi-final draw:

1 Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea
2 Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Man Utd

Duncan21
03-14-2008, 07:34 AM
My predictions for the semi-finals: Liverpool v Chelsea & Barcelona v Man Utd

final: Liverpool v Man Utd

winnners: Liverpool

SAtown
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Liverpool over Arsenal

Man Utd over Roma

Barca over Shalke

Chelsea over Fenerbahce

Another Liverpool v Chelsea semifinal would be amazing.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2i8gf8z.gif

:madrun :madrun :madrun

I really could care less about the FA and Carling Cup, but I know the English do big time. Especially the FA Cup. If Grant wants to keep his job he needs to either win the Premier or Champions League.

zech
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
my predictions for the semis:
Liverpool over Arsenal (Experience,Benitez Gerrard and Torres)
Chelsea over Fenerbahce(Big squad,but fenerbahce might suprise people here)
Roma over Man U(Last years revenge and this years good form+i just hate man u)
Barca over Shalke(Experiece and Big players)

There's only going to be two english teams in the semifinals,and my Champions League Theory says that "The Cup is most oftenly won by the team that has won it more"
So this year's winners are liverpool,if not liverpool then man u or barca if not one of those that somebody's gonna have to win it for the first time.
Lets see.

resistanze
03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Arsenal over Liverpool - Gonna be hard, but gotta support my team
Chelsea over Fenerbahce - Too much skill on Chelsea's team
Man U over Roma - Man U is better than they were last year, although Roma can shock
Barca over Schalke - Barca isn't dominant but has enough class to get past them

Evan
03-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Arsenal over Liverpool - Gonna be hard, but gotta support my team

Anyone buying the conspiracy on this?

Not me...

SAtown
03-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Winners of Arsenal v Liverpool play winners of Chelsea Fenerbahce.

Winners of Manchester Utd v Roma play winners of Barca v Shalke.

Semifinals - Liverpool v Chelsea ------- Barca v Man U

Final - Liverpool v Manchester Utd

SAtown
03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
If Grant wants to keep his job he needs to either win the Premier or Champions League.

Same with Rafa Benitez. He's been on the hot seat a couple times this year, especially early in the Champions League season when they weren't doing well at all.

I thought it was a pretty dumb move by Abramovic to fire Mourinho (or "mutually consent to part"). Rumor has it that he will succeed Ancelotti at Milan.

tw05baller
04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
hope we get to see a barca - man utd matchup :hungry:

Evan
04-07-2008, 11:23 AM
hope we get to see a barca - man utd matchup :hungry:

:toast

SAtown
04-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Even if Barca go through to semifinals, it will be hard to beat Man U without Ronaldinho and Messi.

SAtown
04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
On another note, does anyone actually think Fenerbahce goes into Stamford Bridge and holds Chelsea to a draw? I personally think they won't score at all, and Chelsea will come out attacking from the very beginning like they did vs Olymiacos. That away goal will be the deciding factor.

Duncan21
04-08-2008, 04:36 PM
liverpool versus arsenal was unbelievable, it was the best game i have seen in ages. It was none stop, start to finish action packed. Its always great to watch such a great game and watch your team winning it.

Liverpool 4-2 Arsenal (5-3 on aggregate) :clap

resistanze
04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Livepool once again prevails in the CL, I'll give them credit. But the penalty was bullshit. I must've rewinded it 7-8 times. 2 times in one week penalty decisions goes against Arsenal.

Purple & Gold
04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
:clap :clap :clap Just saw the replay. Great win by Chelsea. I must say I was a little bit concerned after last weeks debacle. But Chelsea came back like a top club should.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Chelsea!

Purple & Gold
04-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Weak penalty for Liverpool. Essien will miss the first leg, but I have a feeling Chelsea will avenge their CL loss against Liverpool. Unless they get another fake goal like last time.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Chelsea > Spleenpool

armand0
04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
i hope messi will be back till man. utd games, it'd be a great duel between messi and ronaldo
liverpool over chelsea (maybe chelsea over liverpool in the premier league but not in the cl)

zech
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
i'd stick to my champions league theory:"the team that has won it more always wins it-it is always won by the team that has won it more before with some few exceptions" so
barca over man u or vice versa
liverpool over barca
final
liverpool over barca

SAtown
04-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Manchester Utd v Barcelona in a couple of hours. Tied 0-0 at Nou Camp, and Man U is VERY tough at home (I believe the last time they lost in a very long time was about a month ago to Manchester City). I'm hoping against an all English final sooooooooooo Go BARCA!!!

resistanze
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
My order of support for the remaining teams:

Barca
Chelsea
Man U
Liverpool

Barca is in for a tough one, and they need to put the ball in the back of the net with their chances, unlike last week.

SAtown
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Hell of a goal by Scholes. I heard Tommy Smyth say "yes" as soon as he scored :lol He's known to be a huge Man U fan.

resistanze
04-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Damn, Puyol done fucked up!

resistanze
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Deco sucks ass. Dunno what happened to him, I know he was injured for a while.

armand0
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
great game so far

resistanze
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Oops, it was Zambrotta who turned the ball over, not Puyol.

SAtown
04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Victor Valdes looks pretty terrible as well. He's out of position on corners and other dangerous plays.

resistanze
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
They'll need to take off Deco eventually, and bring on Henry while Iniesta falls back. Abidal has been fucking up as well, maybe Sylvinho?

resistanze
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
:lmao @ Zambrotta. Su horrible.

SAtown
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Henry in for Iniesta is a questionable decision. They should have gotten Deco out, he looks tired out there.

SAtown
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Bojan in for Eto'o.

resistanze
04-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Henry in for Iniesta is a questionable decision. They should have gotten Deco out, he looks tired out there.

Yeah, I don't get it.

SAtown
04-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Can Barca please shoot the F'in ball?! They pass it around outside the area as if they were playing in the Mexican league. In two fuckin games they still haven't figured it out.

SAtown
04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, an all-English final will happen. Manchester Utd v Chelsea/Liverpool should be very exciting. Props to the Premiership for owning world football.

Purple & Gold
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Just saw the game. Not a very exciting game, surprised Barca couldn't do more. Chelsea is in the drivers seat for tomorrows game against Liverpool.

They better not fuck this up :madrun:madrun

SAtown
05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Anyone watching the UEFA CUP FINAL live right now or watching it later? It's a good match between Zenit and Rangers.

lefty
05-14-2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/jafsfsafafaas.gif

SAtown
05-15-2008, 01:44 AM
/\/\/\ :lmao

SAtown
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Fiorentina take the 4th Italian spot for the Champions League for next year, despite AC Milan beating Udinese 4-1.