PDA

View Full Version : McNabb needs to shut his mouth

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3025308
:cry

African-American quarterbacks face more pressure and more criticism than their white counterparts, Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb says in an interview scheduled to air on HBO on Tuesday night.

McNabb, in an interview on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," tells interviewer James Brown that African-American quarterbacks such as himself face added pressure because there are fewer black QBs -- and because some still don't want black athletes playing the position.

"There's not that many African-American quarterbacks, so we have to do a little bit extra," McNabb tells HBO. "Because the percentage of us playing this position, which people didn't want us to play ... is low, so we do a little extra." :rolleyes

Later in the interview, Brown presses McNabb on criticism of his performance -- and if African-American QBs are graded more harshly.

"I pass for 300 yards, our team wins by seven, [mimicking] 'Ah, he could've made this throw, they would have scored if he did this,' " McNabb tells HBO.

"Doesn't every quarterback go through that?" Brown asks.

"Not everybody," McNabb replies.

Brown then asks if the media is tougher on him than on white quarterbacks such as Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning.

"Let me start by saying I love those guys," McNabb tells HBO. "But they don't get criticized as much as we do. They don't."

In the interview, McNabb also talks to Brown about playing in Philadelphia, a city known for passionate sports fans who aren't afraid to criticize the city's pro athletes.
"Every year I'm part of some criticism," McNabb tells HBO. "But every day that we go through life, you're faced with a lot of adversity. Now the answer is how do you handle the adversity. How do you respond?

"I try to handle myself with class. I try to handle myself with dignity. I think sometimes people look to players to act out, speak loudly, pretty much be an idiot. But that's not me."

johnsmith
09-18-2007, 09:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3025308
:cry

African-American quarterbacks face more pressure and more criticism than their white counterparts, Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb says in an interview scheduled to air on HBO on Tuesday night.

McNabb, in an interview on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," tells interviewer James Brown that African-American quarterbacks such as himself face added pressure because there are fewer black QBs -- and because some still don't want black athletes playing the position.

"There's not that many African-American quarterbacks, so we have to do a little bit extra," McNabb tells HBO. "Because the percentage of us playing this position, which people didn't want us to play ... is low, so we do a little extra." :rolleyes

Later in the interview, Brown presses McNabb on criticism of his performance -- and if African-American QBs are graded more harshly.

"I pass for 300 yards, our team wins by seven, [mimicking] 'Ah, he could've made this throw, they would have scored if he did this,' " McNabb tells HBO.

"Doesn't every quarterback go through that?" Brown asks.

"Not everybody," McNabb replies.

Brown then asks if the media is tougher on him than on white quarterbacks such as Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning.

"Let me start by saying I love those guys," McNabb tells HBO. "But they don't get criticized as much as we do. They don't."

In the interview, McNabb also talks to Brown about playing in Philadelphia, a city known for passionate sports fans who aren't afraid to criticize the city's pro athletes.
"Every year I'm part of some criticism," McNabb tells HBO. "But every day that we go through life, you're faced with a lot of adversity. Now the answer is how do you handle the adversity. How do you respond?

"I try to handle myself with class. I try to handle myself with dignity. I think sometimes people look to players to act out, speak loudly, pretty much be an idiot. But that's not me."

That's because Palmer and Manning are better then McNabb.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 10:01 AM
TLWisfoine is going to chime in any minute now.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 10:02 AM
The more I learn about McNabb, the more I think that HE was the bigger problem in Philly 2 years ago, and not T.O.

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 10:21 AM
The more I learn about McNabb, the more I think that HE was the bigger problem in Philly 2 years ago, and not T.O.

I kind of agree. T.O was a problem there, but I think McNabb had something to do with it.

Whisky Dog
09-18-2007, 10:34 AM

Well as they say, "it takes two sticks to start a fire". TO was the vocal guy but I'm sure behind the scenes and away from TV cameras and reporters McNabb did his share of the rubbing.

As for TO, other than last season with the 911 emergency thing he really hasn't been too bad. A lot of the tension was because Parcells was too stubborn and did silly things like calling him "that player" and not addressing him by name. No matter who you are, whether you're TO or Peyton Manning, that's very disrespectful.

stretch
09-18-2007, 10:40 AM
That's because Palmer and Manning are better then McNabb.
Then how do you explain Marc Bulger, or Ben Rothlisberger, or Jake Delhomme, none of whom are better than McNabb, but never get criticized for nothing (at least not in comparison to McNabb)?

Whisky Dog
09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I've always thought McNabb took a lot of unnecessary shit over the last several years. The guy is a great QB and has done a lot with mediocre recievers around him (although Westbrook at RB is an absolute stud). When he had TO he showed he could get the ball deep and burn defenses. I think he does very well if you put him on the Pats, Colts, Cowboys, or Chargers.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Then how do you explain Marc Bulger, or Ben Rothlisberger, or Jake Delhomme, none of whom are better than McNabb, but never get criticized for nothing (at least not in comparison to McNabb)?
Expectations are lower, probably. Nobody expects much out of Bulger or Delhomme, they're average QB's at best and neither of their teams are that great....meanwhile people are expecting McNabb to lead Philly to the SB, or close to it, every year.

and Ben gets a pass cuz of his ring.

stretch
09-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Expectations are lower, probably. Nobody expects much out of Bulger or Delhomme, they're average QB's at best and neither of their teams are that great....meanwhile people are expecting McNabb to lead Philly to the SB, or close to it, every year.

and Ben gets a pass cuz of his ring.
I don't see why their expectations are lower, considering they have better weapons to work with.

I would love to see what McNabb could do with Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, and Steven Jackson, or Steve Smith and Deshawn Foster, or Hines Ward and Willie Parker. With T.O. alone, he had a better year than any of those guys could ever dream of having. Give him Chad Johnson, T.J. Housh, and Rudi Johnson, and he probably puts up the same numbers as Palmer (considering he already has put up better numbers, with only 1 weapon), but is also a running threat. Also, for people who bash him so much, explain how he has the second best TD to INT ratio in NFL history, and has acquired that with crappy weapons year to year? Sure, that one year with T.O. bumped it up a but, but even before T.O., he was already in the top 5 all time.

johnsmith
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM

That's a good point.

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Big Ben took tons of crap the summer and season after they won the Super Bowl because of his motorcycle accident and then he had a crappy season as well.

Delhomme heard the same shit the year after Carolina went to the SB because he had a crappy year too.

You don't hear much about Bulger because his team hasn't been as successful as the others.

FWIW, I think McNabb has been unfairly critiziced at times though.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Bulger has been criticized in the past by the pundits saying that he was a product of Mike Martz's system and there was talk that Delhomme would be replaced by David Carr in any second.

I've never heard that McNabb is just a product of the Andy Reid system and that his backup should take his job. Fuck, they got rid of the backup that led them to the playoffs last season just so he wouldn't feel any pressure.

McNabb is just an insecure little bitch and if he can't deal with the pressure of being the starting QB in Philadelphia anymore, he should just ask to be traded.

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Delhomme heard the same shit the year after Carolina went to the SB because he had a crappy year too.
I don't remember that at all. I remember excuses being made for him since Steve Smith got hurt and missed nearly the entire season.

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't remember that at all. I remember excuses being made for him since Steve Smith got hurt and missed nearly the entire season.

I do. I should have put seasons though because you are right, some of that was deflected because of Smith.

My point was though, the QB is the position that most of the focus is on, when you win, that focus increases even more.

stretch
09-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Big Ben took tons of crap the summer and season after they won the Super Bowl because of his motorcycle accident and then he had a crappy season as well.

You don't hear much about Bulger because his team hasn't been as successful as the others.

FWIW, I think McNabb has been unfairly critiziced at times though.
Getting criticized for making a stupid ass desicion is completely different from getting criticized for your play. I didn't hear much crap from the media about his play. All I heard was excuses, that he hadn't recovered fully from his accident, had vision problems from the concussion, etc...

Delhomme really didn't get much crap. And a big reason they were bad the very next year was the loss of Steve Smith in the first game of the year, as well as a shitload of other injuries (which also was the excuse that the media gave him as well). The year after that, they were back in the NFC title game.

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Who are the other Black quarterbacks taking a lot of heat?

I think if you're a horrible quarterback you get criticized period. Carr always got criticized. He had Andre Johnson. He had a sorry line, but still. Bledsoe was criticized as well. I think McNabb brings this onto himself. He always says he's not a bad guy and hates being in the media, but then always opens his mouth and says crap like this. He needs to get over it and get the job done.

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Let's not forget about Harrington in Atlanta.

BTW, the Falcons going after Leftwich is a good idea.

johnsmith
09-18-2007, 12:53 PM
WHo was one of the most ridiculed and scrutinized qb's in the league last season?????????????????????

REX GROSSMAN

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 01:11 PM
WHo was one of the most ridiculed and scrutinized qb's in the league last season?????????????????????

REX GROSSMAN

Good point. He still is too.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 01:32 PM

REX GROSSMAN

But, that's because he has a black uncle somewhere in his family.

stretch
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM

REX GROSSMAN
Who was also one of the most overrated and overhyped QB's in the league last season????????????????????????????????????

REX GROSSMAN (at least until he showed just how much he sucks in the SB)

stretch
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Who are the other Black quarterbacks taking a lot of heat?

Byron Leftwich, Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM

All three QBs who were dumped by their respective teams.

So, it seems like the scrutiny was well placed.

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Culpepper is very good, but too bad he messed up his knee.
Vick, we all know what an amazing athlete he is. The guy has been blessed with a lot of endorsements. Too bad he messed it all up with the dog fighting issue.
Leftwich is an underachiever. He has his moments, but is not consistent.

All the above have been criticized, but so have Harrington, Grossman, Couch, Pennington, and so on.

stretch
09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Culpepper is very good, but too bad he messed up his knee.
Vick, we all know what an amazing athlete he is. The guy has been blessed with a lot of endorsements. Too bad he messed it all up with the dog fighting issue.
Leftwich is an underachiever. He has his moments, but is not consistent.

All the above have been criticized, but so have Harrington, Grossman, Couch, Pennington, and so on.
Harrington, Grossman, and Couch actually suck though. They don't do shit.

Pennington is only criticized for being injury prone.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 02:07 PM

And for having a noodle for an arm.

They are CONSTANTLY dogging him for his inability to throw deep.

MoSpur
09-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Harrington, Grossman, and Couch actually suck though. They don't do shit.

:blah

johnsmith
09-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Who was also one of the most overrated and overhyped QB's in the league last season????????????????????????????????????

REX GROSSMAN (at least until he showed just how much he sucks in the SB)

Yeah, but since we are now basing everything on Wins and losses, Grossman is kicking ass.

kskonn
09-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Just this week I heard them saying that Alex Smith should be replaced next year because he is not the guy for the job. They are 2-0. The point is that everyone thinks they get it worse than the next guy, it is often their own insecurity manifesting itself into self pitty because they think people are questioning them. They often think they have to do more to prove themself, when in reality no one really cares.

Just look around your work place, their are always people that think they are treated unfairly when in reality they are treated just like everyone else.

TLWisfoine
09-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Well first I'll say that I'm from the old school and that today's black QB's only go through a fraction of what the black qb's of yesterday went through back in the James Harris and Joe Gillam (showing my age here) days. Not to mention when it was a common practice to convert a black qb from a quarterback in college to a wide reciever or running back like what happened to Cowboys wide receiver Drew Pearson. The good ole' days when it was thought that a black man wasn't smart enough to be a QB. What today's black qb's go through today is nothing compared to what they went through in previous years.

That being said, you can't tell me that you all don't judge a black qb harder than a white one. The influx of black qb's is relatively recent and qb's have traditionally been white so when a black one comes it is human nature to critique him more harshly than your average white qb. I'll admit that I find myself being harder on white basketball players than a black one sometimes.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 04:18 PM
That being said, you can't tell me that you all don't judge a black qb harder than a white one. The influx of black qb's is relatively recent and qb's have traditionally been white so when a black one comes it is human nature to critique him more harshly than your average white qb. I'll admit that I find myself being harder on white basketball players than a black one sometimes.

I only judge a QB on his performance.

Race/color/whatever is meaningless when you want your team to win.

leemajors
09-18-2007, 04:23 PM
mcnabb still doesn't realize philly fans are terrible and turn on everybody at the drop of a hat? barkley was talking about it last night, said he should have left himself 2 years earlier.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-18-2007, 04:33 PM
That being said, you can't tell me that you all don't judge a black qb harder than a white one.

I can tell you that because it's true.

Harrington was raked over the coals time and time again, more so than Rodney Peete or Andre Ware(possibly even worse than Harrington) ever were here in Detroit.

It isn't black or white, it's where these guys were drafted. Delhomme and Bulger were picked up late in the draft, if at all, while Harrington, Carr, Leftwich, Leaf, McNabb and Culpepper were all 1st round picks. Guess who gets more criticism?

Half the fans automatically hate the guy because it wasn't who they wanted that high in the draft and drill him when he doesn't perform.

stretch
09-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I only judge a QB on his performance.

Race/color/whatever is meaningless when you want your team to win.
That's good for you. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world has the same mind-set.

SpurCapita
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I think there are way too many factors that go into how vociferously a QB is criticized to jump to a racially motivated conclusion. First off, there's the fact that Philadelphia is the fifth largest city in the country, so it's a BIG football market. That means the Eagles get more attention than the Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, Panthers, etc. The only 3 cities bigger with teams are NY, Chicago, and Houston...and look at their QBs. Grossman is the most reviled player in the game. Manning is getting nailed by both media and ex-teammates (is TIKI BARBER a racist?!?!?!). David Carr was run out of town in Houston.

The criticism also has to do with having success in the past, being drafted high, AND another QB (Garcia) having interim success while McNabb was out. All of these amplify the criticism. These and the large market factors don't apply to Bulger, Delhomme, and Huard. White QBs take criticism all the time...hell, Brett Favre has taken a lot of heat over the past couple of seasons, and he has a much more impressive resume than McNabb's. How many people did you ever hear criticize Steve McNair...he's black isn't he? Or Vince Young? People only say that he has a odd release...umm...true, but everyone loves him because he's a "gamer".

Bottom line is that McNabb was a high-pick, formerly successful QB in one of the biggest football cities with notoriously fickle fans. He's going to be scrutinized whether he's white, black, or Air Bud. (Every loved Ty Detmer didn't they? Ha.) Being black has little, or more likely, nothing, to do with the criticism coming Donovan's way.

Trainwreck2100
09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
It;s pretty simple, if you're black, don't suck.

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Well first I'll say that I'm from the old school and that today's black QB's only go through a fraction of what the black qb's of yesterday went through back in the James Harris and Joe Gillam (showing my age here) days. Not to mention when it was a common practice to convert a black qb from a quarterback in college to a wide reciever or running back like what happened to Cowboys wide receiver Drew Pearson. The good ole' days when it was thought that a black man wasn't smart enough to be a QB. What today's black qb's go through today is nothing compared to what they went through in previous years.

I go back that far as well and also remember when Reggie Collier was brought in as well. I can tell you with all certainty that I don't judge black players any better or worse than white players. Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass what color a player is, be it a QB or anything else. All I care about is what that player can do to make my team successful. If a black QB wins my team ball games, put him in, if he doesn't, take him out. Same goes for a white QB, hispanic QB whatever. I don't doubt that there are still some fans out there that are uncomfortable with the idea of a black QB leading their team...which to me is pretty stupid, but to say all fans are like that is just as bad.

I don't expect to be believed, in fact I expect the "liar" post anytime now but that's my opinion.

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
I will tell you what McNabb does need.....his receivers to stop playing like moldy ass.

leemajors
09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I will tell you what McNabb does need.....his receivers to stop playing like moldy ass.
the owner needs to start paying good receivers to come in, and/or stay, then. :lol

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
the owner needs to start paying good receivers to come in, and/or stay, then.

Good point.

peewee's lovechild
09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
That's good for you. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world has the same mind-set.

Fortunately, not everyone is a racist.

exstatic
09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Dear Donovan,

Bad QBs get criticized. QBs who aren't "making the nut" get criticized. As Michael Jackson said, it don't matter if you're black or white.

Sincerely
Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Drew Henson, David Carr and a host of other white boys who have never been criticized.

T Park
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
So Rush is still wrong?

King
09-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I agree that McNabb has taken a lot of unfair criticism over the years, but such is the life of a QB. I don't think it's because he's black, though. I think it's a fickle city, and he's under a microscope there. His mistakes seem to be magnified because of his situation, not his race.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Well Mcnabb is more than welcomed to come to the Cowboys. He can be our new 2nd string quarterback right behind Romo. :drunk :drunk :drunk

The Point
09-18-2007, 11:05 PM
So Rush is still wrong?
Hey there, looks like you missed me yet again.

jackseven
09-18-2007, 11:58 PM

I can. This is all stupid. McNabb was cast unfairly as a drama queen during the T.O. escapade seeing as how he never openly said anything major and T.O. was doing the instigating.

The only thing that makes me criticize McNabb is when he 1) keeps over throwing his receivers and 2) says something like this. This is a drama queen thing to say.

Someone brought up Rex Grossman earlier - great point. Rex is getting mauled everywhere but he doesn't have the race card to play.

McNabb needs to toughen up and stop thinking so narrowly. He's getting criticized because he

1 keeps getting injured
2 is 0-2
3 has played bad this season
4 hasn't won a superbowl
5 is the QB of a NFL franchise

Not because he's black.

Didn't Peyton Manning get rediculed every year until last because he couldn't win the big game?

Isn't his brother a lightening rod for question marks in the media?

Rex Grossman was the QB of a superbowl team which nobody said he could do and he still gets burned everyday.

Joey Harrington is the laughing stock of the league and rediculed at every turn.

The ugly truth for Donovan is that Jeff Garcia came in when he got injured and ran the show as good if not better than Donovan would have.

Black QBs are rapidly emerging:

Donovan McNabb
Vince Young
Daunte Culpepper
Jamarcus Russell
David Garrard
Byron Leftwich (will take over as soon as he knows the playbook)
Jason Campbell
Tavaris Jackson
Steve McNair

Also recently:

Mike Vick
Aaron Brooks

It's amazing how the ones that play good are praised and the ones that play bad are criticized.

Jason Campbell got high remarks after MNF and you can't touch Vince Young right now.

Maybe McNabb has something personal going on with Philadelphia and their fans but that's not applicable to the whole NFL.

NFL is about wins and losses. If you win, they don't care if you're black, white, or mexican (see Romo and Garcia) - you're going to play. And most likely if you're winning (unless your name is Rex Grossman) you'll be the golden boy.

McNabb needs to start worrying about hitting his wide open WRs rather than if white people are criticizing him too much.

These comments are rediculous and self-absorbed.

Black people need to recognized that 95%+ of white sports fans aren't racist - especially the ones under 60.

If you're a white sports fan at all to either basketball or football - how can you be? All teams are majority black. Do racist people cheer for the people they are racist against? :rolleyes

Criticism is largely derisive of play. Anything otherwise is the exception and not the rule as McNabb suggests.

Get real.

TLWisfoine
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
I can. This is all stupid. McNabb was cast unfairly as a drama queen during the T.O. escapade seeing as how he never openly said anything major and T.O. was doing the instigating.

The only thing that makes me criticize McNabb is when he 1) keeps over throwing his receivers and 2) says something like this. This is a drama queen thing to say.

Someone brought up Rex Grossman earlier - great point. Rex is getting mauled everywhere but he doesn't have the race card to play.

McNabb needs to toughen up and stop thinking so narrowly. He's getting criticized because he

1 keeps getting injured
2 is 0-2
3 has played bad this season
4 hasn't won a superbowl
5 is the QB of a NFL franchise

Not because he's black.

Didn't Peyton Manning get rediculed every year until last because he couldn't win the big game?

Isn't his brother a lightening rod for question marks in the media?

Rex Grossman was the QB of a superbowl team which nobody said he could do and he still gets burned everyday.

Joey Harrington is the laughing stock of the league and rediculed at every turn.

The ugly truth for Donovan is that Jeff Garcia came in when he got injured and ran the show as good if not better than Donovan would have.

Black QBs are rapidly emerging:

Donovan McNabb
Vince Young
Daunte Culpepper
Jamarcus Russell
David Garrard
Byron Leftwich (will take over as soon as he knows the playbook)
Jason Campbell
Tavaris Jackson
Steve McNair

Also recently:

Mike Vick
Aaron Brooks

It's amazing how the ones that play good are praised and the ones that play bad are criticized.

Jason Campbell got high remarks after MNF and you can't touch Vince Young right now.

Maybe McNabb has something personal going on with Philadelphia and their fans but that's not applicable to the whole NFL.

NFL is about wins and losses. If you win, they don't care if you're black, white, or mexican (see Romo and Garcia) - you're going to play and you will. And most likely if you're winning (unless your name is Rex Grossman) you'll be the golden boy.

McNabb needs to start worrying about hitting his wide open WRs rather than if white people are criticizing him too much.

These comments are rediculous and self-absorbed.

Black people need to recognized that 95%+ of white sports fans aren't racist - especially the ones under 60.

If you're a white sports fan at all to either basketball or football - how can you be? All teams are majority black.

Criticism is largely derisive of play. Anything otherwise is the exception and not the rule as McNabb suggests.

Get real.

It gets me when people try to claim they are not racist just because they like a black player who plays on their team. Try telling that to Jim Brown or Bill Russell.

jackseven
09-19-2007, 12:10 AM
It gets me when people try to claim they are not racist just because they like a black player who plays on their team. Try telling that to Jim Brown or Bill Russell.

Wow great response. Sounds like someone trying to find something that isn't there.

Besides that aren't you out of context? Try telling that line to me again knowing that overwhelming majority of the NBA and NFL are black compared to when blacks where the minority when those players played.

TLWisfoine
09-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Wow great response. Sounds like someone trying to find something that isn't there.

Besides that aren't you out of context? Try telling that line to me again knowing that overwhelming majority of the NBA and NFL are black compared to when blacks where the minority when those players played.

How the hell am I out of context. Just because you cheer for a black player on your favorite team doesn't mean shit. I was pointing out that you will see many racists out cheering for their favorite team which includes the black players, but these same black players mean little to nothing to them off the court. For example, you can go to The Club forum or Political Forum and see many instances of racism that goes unchallenged here, but those same posters will go to the sports forums and cheer for their favorite teams.

jackseven
09-19-2007, 12:31 AM
How the hell am I out of context. Just because you cheer for a black player on your favorite team doesn't mean shit. I was pointing out that you will see many racists out cheering for their favorite team which includes the black players, but these same black players mean little to nothing to them off the court. For example, you can go to The Club forum or Political Forum and see many instances of racism that goes unchallenged here, but those same posters will go to the sports forums and cheer for their favorite teams.

You are out of context because of the time era.

I can't make excuses for the people on this forum, but there are nearly 10,000 registered members. Can you name even 25 that you are positive are racist?

To the contrary, I see a lot of white posters who idolize the black players and go out of their way to say I don't care if you're purple blah blah blah...

Off the court, I don't give a damn about anybody either.

And it would help if there was more black people on the forum to have a better representation of the population.

jackseven
09-19-2007, 12:52 AM

You know I have to conceed a good point when I see it. The more I think about it, the more I agree with this.

Hard to argue with you there.

MoSpur
09-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Bottom line is that McNabb gets criticized because he is in Philly and hasn't won a Super Bowl. Playing the race card doesn't hold up. He is a drama queen. He needs to shut up and quit making excuses. Go out there and play. He is a very good QB. How come we didn't hear his crying when he was getting all the love from Campbell Soups and EA Sports w/Madden???

peewee's lovechild
09-19-2007, 09:52 AM

It gets me when people say they like Mexicans just because they root for Jeff Garcia and Tony Romo.

samikeyp
09-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Good point but not every white fan who roots for black players on their favorite team is a racist. Nor do all white fans hold black athletes to different standards.

peewee's lovechild
09-19-2007, 10:15 AM
That being said, you can't tell me that you all don't judge a black qb harder than a white one.

You can't tell me that you all don't judge a Mexican QB harder than a white or black one.

Tony Romo always gets trashed and he was murdered over the fumbled snap. It went on throughout the entire offseason.

Jeff Garcia is been critized plenty, sometimes unfairly, so those critics are all racists.

The biggest racist being Terrell Owens when he openly questioned Jeff Garcia's sexuality.

Terrell Owens, and others like him, are all racists.

jackseven
09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
You can't tell me that you all don't judge a Mexican QB harder than a white or black one.

Tony Romo always gets trashed and he was murdered over the fumbled snap. It went on throughout the entire offseason.

Jeff Garcia is been critized plenty, sometimes unfairly, so those critics are all racists.

The biggest racist being Terrell Owens when he openly questioned Jeff Garcia's sexuality.

Terrell Owens, and others like him, are all racists.

Huh? Romo got ripped because he single handedly muffed the game away.

Garcia got huge credit after taking the Eagles to the playoffs.

How is it racist to question someone's sexuality?

samikeyp
09-19-2007, 10:29 AM

Its not...its homophobic but not racist.

BeerIsGood!
09-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Good point but every white fan who roots for black players on their favorite team is a racist.

:spless: Wow Mikey, every white fan is a racist? :smokin

samikeyp
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow Mikey, every white fan is a racist?

:lmao

Thanks bro...it is now fixed! :)

BeerIsGood!
09-19-2007, 10:43 AM

Thanks bro...it is now fixed! :)

:toast That one was almost as funny as Thunder Dan's "Joe Thomas hit two blacks to spring 30 yard runs" typo.

samikeyp
09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
True.

peewee's lovechild
09-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Huh? Romo got ripped because he single handedly muffed the game away.

Garcia got huge credit after taking the Eagles to the playoffs.

Homophobia is a type or racism.

Plus, T.O. is assuming that the entire Mexican race is homosexual.

monosylab1k
09-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Homophobia is a type or racism.
:lmao this is going in my sig

peewee's lovechild
09-19-2007, 11:11 AM
All Hispanics in the NFL are being brought down by critics.

L.I.T
09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Anthony Munoz sucked.

peewee's lovechild
09-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Anthony Munoz sucked.

Isn't he in the Hall Of Fame??

You're a fucking racist!!!!!!!

L.I.T
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Isn't he in the Hall Of Fame??

You're a fucking racist!!!!!!!

Damn straight.

He's also gay.

Homophobia or racism? I choose both.

to21
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
McNabb a drama queen? Maybe.

All I know is "The Media" (not Madden nor Campbell's soup) looks at them by race. Why else are we reminded how Doug Williams was the first black QB to play in the SB or that Tony Dungy was the first black HC to win the SB.

Say what you want about him and what he said, but there is some truth to it.

However small it is.

Horry For 3!
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
McNabb fuckin sucks. He needs to quit already.

ducks
09-19-2007, 02:38 PM
McNabb fuckin sucks. He needs to quit already.his coach does to

peewee's lovechild
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Damn straight.

He's also gay.

Homophobia or racism? I choose both.

You homophobic racist!!!!

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
From Steve Czaban

http://czabe.com/daily/archives/2007/09/mcnabb_spraying.html

Donovan McNabb is a pussy.

This does not mean that all black quarterbacks are pussies. Just him.

What if - instead of McNabb’s ‘theory’ that black quarterbacks are more criticized than white ones – a white quarterback put out the theory that black QBs are just too “thin skinned” to absorb the natural heat that comes with the job?

How would that go over?

Would that white QB be praised for “at least speaking his mind, even if you don’t agree with him?”

I’m gonna doubt that, and say “no.”

I think it is beyond argument that “Quarterback, NFL team” is the SINGLE MOST criticized job in professional sports. Period.

It’s one hot mofo of a “kitchen” so to speak.

To even “go there” that somehow Peyton Manning was given a bed of soft rose petals for all the years he and the Colts got chumped in the playoffs, is ludicrous. Somebody better get out the newspaper clippings for Donovan, or at least check his internet connection.

I know. I sat on my radio show and defended the guy when callers, experts, and everybody else took turns whacking at the Peyton Pinata. I said, “you people are nuts, he’s a great player, and he’ll win at least one, maybe more titles.”

And oh how they laughed.

Rex Grossman is getting slaughtered as we speak in Chicago. Kyle Boller is a pariah to injured (ahem, black) starter Steve McNair in Baltimore. Ryan Leaf remains far more of a bust “punchline” than Akili Smith or Andre Ware ever was.

Today’s NFL is a black quarterback nirvana. Some of the richest contracts are given to black quarterbacks. Teams will defend their franchise black QB to the very end of a pit bull leash if necessary. Even scrub black QBs who should rightfully be out of the league are allowed to hang on as little used 3rd stringers: see Wright, Anthony et. al.

Black quarterbacks get marketed like they are Jesus Christ with a golden arm. Vince Young did little more than author a handful of highlight runs last year for a non-playoff team, and now he’s on the cover of Madden and has already been to Honolulu for the Pro Bowl.

Some of McNabb’s biggest critics have been…. wait for it… BLACK themselves!!

Like J. Whyatt Mondesire, the Philadelphia chapter head of the NAACP. Who wrote a scathing column in the Philadelphia Sun that said, in part: "In essence Donny, you are mediocre at best," Mondesire wrote. "And trying to disguise that fact behind some concocted reasoning that African American quarterbacks who can scramble and who can run the ball are somehow lesser field generals ... is more insulting off the field than on."

The freaking mayor of Philadelphia John Street blasted the choice of McNabb over Ricky Williams on draft day! I’m not sure that he ever apologized for it, even after the continued success and trip to the Super Bowl.

And then there’s Terrell Owens, no McNabb fan he. Did white America get up in arms because a black receiver like Owens dissed a Pro Bowl white QB like Jeff Garcia?

McNabb doth protest too much about all of this.

Yeah, there was a time not long ago that black QBs in college had no shot of playing that position in the pros. But those days are sooooo over, it’s a joke to keep bringing it up. Today, excellent WHITE college quarterbacks – Heisman winners, some – will be told: “Look pal, it’s either play safety, or go sell insurance.”

Is anybody upset that Matt Jones is playing wide receiver? Is anybody mad that Eric Crouch is playing semi-pro ball? Is anybody steamed that Drew Henson hasn’t been a hit?

Come on, people. This is absurd.

In back to back years, a very good white QB in college fell like a stone in the draft, as another equal or lesser “decorated” black quarterback was taken ahead of them. Was there an outcry? Of course not.

Quarterback is a thankless, blame filled job, with fleeting glory, and a million fans who believe YOU are the very problem with the football team they root for.

I’m thrilled that the position has now been FULLY and PERMANENTLY opened to black players coming out of college. Now go cash those huge checks, shut the f--- up, and play.

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 08:11 AM
From Steve Czaban

http://czabe.com/daily/archives/2007/09/mcnabb_spraying.html

Amen.

stretch
09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Something that most of you don't even see, is that this interview took place weeks before the pre-season even started. Another thing, is that the interview was not about race. It was about his life, and he was asked a question in the interview about whether he feels black QB's are criticized differently, and he gave an answer to that, and they moved on, and then the media blew it way out of proportion. They twisted his words, just picking and choosing to make it look like he was just saying that blacks always get criticized more, which wasn't what he was saying at all. And more so, he didn't say that black QB's get critcized more, but they get criticized differently. He talked about how guys like Manning and Brady have been criticized. Or how other similar running QB's have been criticized, like Jake Plummer, although not to the extent McNabb has (which makes no sense, since Plummer sucks, and McNabb is about 100 times better and has accomplished far more, but still gets criticized more). Has guys like Steve Young and Plummer been told that they are not playing the position "white" enough, or playing it too "black" like McNabb was criticized off? I don't think any scrambling QB has ever had to hear stupid bullshit like that.

I think some of you need to understand the situation a little more, or perhaps see the interview, before just saying weird shit, and calling him a crybaby, saying he's using the race card to keep his starting position, etc... when this truly wasn't the case at all.

samikeyp
09-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Never been a fan of Czaban. If McNabb was the QB of a team who was not in the same division as his beloved Redskins, there would not be as much vitriol as this.

I think McNabb at times is a little whiny and I am not speaking about this particular instance. That aside, he is not a pussy. Anyone who can take the pounding that he has and suffered the injuries he has and yet still manage to come back at a high level is pretty tough.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I personally don't really care. I don't think that black quarterbacks get any more heat then white quarterbacks do, but then again, I don't have to deal with it.

McNabb really has two options, talk or don't talk. If I were him, I'd choose don't talk and let your play do the talking for you. But since he sucks now, I guess he needs to do it in interviews instead.

Whisky Dog
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Who cares if he talks or if he doesn't talk? Steve Czaban is a pussy hiding behind a keyboard.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Who cares if he talks or if he doesn't talk? Steve Czaban is a pussy hiding behind a keyboard.

Actually he's a radio show host, so pussy behind a microphone would be more appropriate.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 10:37 AM

By the way, what does that make all of us?

Whisky Dog
09-20-2007, 10:42 AM
By the way, what does that make all of us?

The media has a much higher level of responsiblity compared to a bunch of nobodys like us who spout off to each other but not on a widely distributed format.

At least they should have a responsiblity, but it's evident that they don't unless you're white and call someone a racial or homophobic slur.

Whisky Dog
09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Besides, if Czaban has the right to call McNabb a pussy then doesn't McNabb at least have the right to voice his opinion that he as a black quarterback has to put up with much more shit?

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Something that most of you don't even see, is that this interview took place weeks before the pre-season even started. Another thing, is that the interview was not about race. It was about his life, and he was asked a question in the interview about whether he feels black QB's are criticized differently, and he gave an answer to that, and they moved on, and then the media blew it way out of proportion. They twisted his words, just picking and choosing to make it look like he was just saying that blacks always get criticized more, which wasn't what he was saying at all. And more so, he didn't say that black QB's get critcized more, but they get criticized differently. He talked about how guys like Manning and Brady have been criticized. Or how other similar running QB's have been criticized, like Jake Plummer, although not to the extent McNabb has (which makes no sense, since Plummer sucks, and McNabb is about 100 times better and has accomplished far more, but still gets criticized more). Has guys like Steve Young and Plummer been told that they are not playing the position "white" enough, or playing it too "black" like McNabb was criticized off? I don't think any scrambling QB has ever had to hear stupid bullshit like that.

I think some of you need to understand the situation a little more, or perhaps see the interview, before just saying weird shit, and calling him a crybaby, saying he's using the race card to keep his starting position, etc... when this truly wasn't the case at all.

Ummm, yesterday he was interviewed and he was asked once again if black QBs are criticized unfairly. He repeated what he said. And, he said that he stood by his comment.

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh yea, and a few years ago during and interview he said the complete opposite. So, now he looks like a whinny little crybaby.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Ummm, yesterday he was interviewed and he was asked once again if black QBs are criticized unfairly. He repeated what he said. And, he said that he stood by his comment.

Oh yea, and a few years ago during and interview he said the complete opposite. So, now he looks like a whinny little crybaby.

I was going to mention both these points but I get tired of arguing with Stretch. He's always right you know, just ask him.

stretch
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
And they are critcized unfairly. Again, have you ever heard of a white QB getting blasted for not playing the postion "black enough" or anything retarded like that? I agree 100% with what McNabb says. Another thing to consider... you do think that if Rex Grossman was black, he would have been starting by the end of the season last year? Let's get the example of Quincy Carter.

In 2002, before the game that Quincy got benched for, he played pretty decently. Averaged over 200 ypg, and had 6 TDs and 4 INTs, and the team was 3-3. Not to mention, he had virtually no weapons on offense, a terrible defense, horrific coaching, and a line that had him constantly running for his life. Suddenly he has one bad game, where he throws 4 picks and 1 TD, and hes benched for the year.

This past year, the Bears defense started at a ridiculous pace, and Grossman had a pretty nice start to the year (mainly because of 1 game, where he had 4 TD passes, against a godawful Lions team that turned the ball over 3 times, punted 6 times, allowed 6 sacks, and had only 1 3rd down conversion), then suddenly the defense slows down a bit, and they start playing better teams, and he starts having multiple 3 and 4 interception games, a game where he had a passer rating of 10.2, another of 1.3, and another game of a rating of 0.0. Also, his good games, ONLY came against terrible teams. Any good team, or even a bad team that had any kind or resiliency (like the Cardinals and Dolphins) made him look like a fool.

However, Grossman somehow still keeps starting. Tell me that if Quincy was on the bears last year, and he put up those exact same numbers, that he would have been starting by the SB. There is no way in hell he would have still been the starter by seasons end.

stretch
09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Complete opposite? On what? As far as I recall, he has always said that he feels black QB's get criticized differently than most other QB's.

stretch
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I was going to mention both these points but I get tired of arguing with Stretch.
Why, because you are an idiot that talks football out of his ass entirely too much?

MoSpur
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Vince Young said,

"Black or white quarterbacks, we all go through something because that's the life of a quarterback," Vince Young said Wednesday after Titans practice. "You've got to be able to handle all the pressure. You've got to be able to handle the losses. You've got to be able to handle the media. If you can't handle it, you've got to get off that position and go play something else."

MoSpur
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Jason Campbell said,

"Early in my career in college, I felt like people looked at me differently and expected a lot more," said Campbell, the Redskins' starter since November, according to The Washington Times. "I felt I had to do a little extra. At that point, I did feel that way. I don't feel that way now in the NFL."

Whisky Dog
09-20-2007, 11:42 AM
And they are critcized unfairly. Again, have you ever heard of a white QB getting blasted for not playing the postion "black enough" or anything retarded like that?

Just once I want a commentator to say something to the effect of "Peyton Manning has been ineffective in this game because he just can't seem to run away from the pressure. He has feet, but they're in cement. Vince Young would have made that play."

That would be funny as hell.

stretch
09-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Just once I want a commentator to say something to the effect of "Peyton Manning has been ineffective in this game because he just can't seem to run away from the pressure. He has feet, but they're in cement. Vince Young would have made that play."

That would be funny as hell.
Yea. If Peyton Manning gets sacked, its always his lines fault. He could have 15 seconds in the pocket, get sacked, and his line would get blamed.

Whisky Dog
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Yea. If Peyton Manning gets sacked, its always his lines fault. He could have 15 seconds in the pocket, get sacked, and his line would get blamed.

If Manning or Brady go down in the pocket, it's a coverage sack. If VY or Vick (when he was playing) went down in the pocket it's because they couldn't get the ball out quickly enough, followed by a 30 sec rant on why they can't be sucessful relying on their legs to get them out of trouble.

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Vince Young said,

"Black or white quarterbacks, we all go through something because that's the life of a quarterback," Vince Young said Wednesday after Titans practice. "You've got to be able to handle all the pressure. You've got to be able to handle the losses. You've got to be able to handle the media. If you can't handle it, you've got to get off that position and go play something else."

Jason Campbell said,

"Early in my career in college, I felt like people looked at me differently and expected a lot more," said Campbell, the Redskins' starter since November, according to The Washington Times. "I felt I had to do a little extra. At that point, I did feel that way. I don't feel that way now in the NFL."

Apparently, they're being racists towards their own race.

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 12:17 PM

It would be his receivers' fault for not getting open.

Get with the program, brah!!

The Point
09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I love when they show downfield shots of the WR's in a Colts game and say "well see! Manning had nowhere to go with the ball!" and then they would do the same thing during a Falcons game, you'd see virtually the exact same shot of WR's being blanketed and safeties ready to pounce, and this time it's "Vick simply doesn't have good vision down the field, he's got 2 guys WIDE OPEN here..."

samikeyp
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I love when they show downfield shots of the WR's in a Colts game and say "well see! Manning had nowhere to go with the ball!" and then they would do the same thing during a Falcons game, you'd see virtually the exact same shot of WR's being blanketed and safeties ready to pounce, and this time it's "Vick simply doesn't have good vision down the field, he's got 2 guys WIDE OPEN here..."

When it comes to those two particular quarterbacks....I think those are fair assesments. If they said about McNabb what they said about Vick, then that would be wrong. IMO, McNabb, like Manning, is very good about making a successful play when it looks like the defense has shut them down.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Why, because you are an idiot that talks football out of his ass entirely too much?

Yeah that's it. And you have clearly demonstrated that you "know football" in your posts.

Dude, you are the ultimate "talk out of your ass guy", you just don't ever acknowledge that you could be wrong about something.

Let me ask you something, did you ever play football?

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Vince Young said,

Shit, my least favorite player in the league said something that I love........well, back to hating TO more then anyone else.

MoSpur
09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Complete opposite? On what? As far as I recall, he has always said that he feels black QB's get criticized differently than most other QB's.

Vince Young even disagrees with you

Vince Young said,

samikeyp
09-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Shit, my least favorite player in the league said something that I love........well, back to hating TO more then anyone else.

bandwagoner.

:lol

stretch
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah that's it. And you have clearly demonstrated that you "know football" in your posts.

Dude, you are the ultimate "talk out of your ass guy", you just don't ever acknowledge that you could be wrong about something.

If I'm wrong, prove it. Until then, shut the fuck up.

stretch
09-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Vince Young even disagrees with you

Vince Young said,

He never said he disagrees with McNabb or my viewpoint. He just answered the question in a manner that is most uncontroversial. And he's right too. All QB's deal with pressure... much like McNabb said. McNabb has also said in the past, that being a QB, you have to have a very thick skin because of all the unfair scrutiny.

So whats your point?

Bigzax
09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
hell yeah, vince young laying down the troof!

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
If I'm wrong, prove it. Until then, shut the fuck up.

Dude, you're "virtually" the toughest guy in here.

stretch
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Dude, you're "virtually" the toughest guy in here.
And that proved me wrong... how?

:sleep

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 02:27 PM
He never said he disagrees with McNabb or my viewpoint. He just answered the question in a manner that is most uncontroversial. And he's right too. All QB's deal with pressure... much like McNabb said. McNabb has also said in the past, that being a QB, you have to have a very thick skin because of all the unfair scrutiny.

So whats your point?

So he answered the question in a manner that is most uncontroversial eh? Seems to me that if McNabb wasn't an attention loving media whore that is quick to point blame and take no responsiblity for it, then he would have done the same.

Tough guy.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 02:28 PM
And that proved me wrong... how?

:sleep

stretch
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
So he answered the question in a manner that is most uncontroversial eh? Seems to me that if McNabb wasn't an attention loving media whore that is quick to point blame and take no responsiblity for it, then he would have done the same.

Tough guy.
Brett Favre has voiced his personal opinions on matters in the past as well that was controversial to some. Does that mean he is an attention loving media whore?

What about Peyton Manning blaming his line for another one of his playoff choke jobs?

K-State Spur
09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Brett Favre has voiced his personal opinions on matters in the past as well that was controversial to some. Does that mean he is an attention loving media whore?

I love Favre, but I think his annual public retirement dance shows that he loves the attention.

stretch
09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I love Favre, but I think his annual public retirement dance shows that he loves the attention.
lol, good point.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 02:35 PM

What about Peyton Manning blaming his line for another one of his playoff choke jobs?

Maybe media whore isn't the right term, how about, "playing the victim"?

However, yes, Brett Favre over the past couple of years has presented himself as a media whore.

Manning was placing the blame on the correct players too. Sure he shouldn't have said it, but he was right..........something McNabb isn't.

stretch
09-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Maybe media whore isn't the right term, how about, "playing the victim"?

However, yes, Brett Favre over the past couple of years has presented himself as a media whore.

Manning was placing the blame on the correct players too. Sure he shouldn't have said it, but he was right..........something McNabb isn't.
:dizzy

wow... your utter stupidity shocks me.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 03:00 PM

wow... your utter stupidity shocks me.

What was so shocking tough guy?

Manning was right, his line played like dog shit in the game where he opened his mouth.

Which by the way he received all sorts of heat for doing.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey tough guy, you still haven't answered the question that I've now asked you twice.

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
He just answered the question in a manner that is most uncontroversial.

It's a good thing that Vinnie has you to clarify his statements for him. I thought he was being honest, but thank god you clarified that he was just being coy.

TLWisfoine
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
It's a good thing that Vinnie has you to clarify his statements for him. I thought he was being honest, but thank god you clarified that he was just being coy.

I just find it funny that you guys picked quotes from the two youngest black qb's in the league and who havent even started a full season of games to prove your point. When things start turning ugly for them and the fury of the media is unleashed upon them then if they are saying the same things you might have a point but until then...

peewee's lovechild
09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
When things start turning ugly for them and the fury of the media is unleashed upon them then if they are saying the same things you might have a point but until then...

So, it's okay to use the race card/victim thing when the fury of the media is unleashed but it's not cool when the media fury is at bay?

I didn't know it worked that way.

I guess Steve McNair is next if he loses a couple of more games, followed by Tavarias Jackson, followed by David Garrard . . . . .

TLWisfoine
09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I personally don't really care. I don't think that black quarterbacks get any more heat then white quarterbacks do, but then again, I don't have to deal with it.

McNabb really has two options, talk or don't talk. If I were him, I'd choose don't talk and let your play do the talking for you. But since he sucks now, I guess he needs to do it in interviews instead.

And there you have it!!! So, why are you arguing this again?

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Cause I like to get stretch all worked up and angry.

He's the toughest guy on this board you know?

TLWisfoine
09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
So, it's okay to use the race card/victim thing when the fury of the media is unleashed but it's not cool when the media fury is at bay?

I didn't know it worked that way.

I guess Steve McNair is next if he loses a couple of more games, followed by Tavarias Jackson, followed by David Garrard . . . . .

They are just bad examples to use. Everybody is nice to you when things are going well, I mean who wants to rock the boat, but you'll find out someones true feelings when things aren't going so well.

As far as those guys you mentioned, if the past speaks for anything then yes they do have to worry if they lose a couple games.

stretch
Hey tough guy, you still haven't answered the question that I've now asked you twice.
Yes, I played football. Did you?

samikeyp
I just find it funny that you guys picked quotes from the two youngest black qb's in the league and who havent even started a full season of games to prove your point. When things start turning ugly for them and the fury of the media is unleashed upon them then if they are saying the same things you might have a point but until then...

So if the media turns on them...its automatically because their black and not that they are underperforming?

stretch
09-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Cause I like to get stretch all worked up and angry.

He's the toughest guy on this board you know?
Nope. Not one big angry. Still just suprized how someone can be so clueless, and still keep arguing.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes, I played football. Did you?

Just checking.

Yes, I did as well.

MoSpur
09-20-2007, 03:46 PM
They are just bad examples to use. Everybody is nice to you when things are going well, I mean who wants to rock the boat, but you'll find out someones true feelings when things aren't going so well.

As far as those guys you mentioned, if the past speaks for anything then yes they do have to worry if they lose a couple games.

Who is "you?" Black QBs or all QBs? In my opinion, get criticized unfairly at times because of their position. Not because of thier race.

TLWisfoine
hell yeah, vince young laying down the troof!

Since when has the opinion of a Redskin fan been important? :p:

johnsmith
Nope. Not one big angry. Still just suprized how someone can be so clueless, and still keep arguing.

And I'm surprised at how you can get this far in life without learning to properly spell.

Dude, your arguments aren't any better then anyone elses on here. You just seem to think you're right regardless of what others say.

MoSpur
09-20-2007, 03:48 PM

So you're saying that you're a Black QB in the NFL who gets criticized unfairly and have to do extra? Seems like you are. If not, then why are you arguing this again???

stretch
09-20-2007, 03:49 PM
So if the media turns on them...its automatically because their black and not that they are underperforming?
There are plenty of white QB's that have underperformed, but the media would still stick up for them. Like Kerry Collins for instance. He is dogshit. Always has been. He was really sucking in NY, when he ended up going to the Raiders, and the media was constantly talking about how he is going to have a huge season, and he was actually shittier than he ever was in NY. Then he goes to Tennesse, and media said he would do well over there, and he fucked up the Titans season, only to have Vince Young nearly dig them out of a hole and get them into the playoffs (which he probably would have, had he been starting the entire year). Give me a break.

Tell me this... again, if Kerry Collins was black, do you honestly think he would have started for two years in Oakland, then go to Tennessee, and somehow start over Vince Young over there? After those years in Oakland, he would have been out of the league, no question about it.

stretch
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
And I'm surprised at how you can get this far in life without learning to properly spell.

Dude, your arguments aren't any better then anyone elses on here. You just seem to think you're right regardless of what others say.
If you have to stoop so low so as to use the "spelling insult" to "win" an argument, then you are simply pathetic.

As far as I'm concerned, you have no argument regardless. You just spout off a bunch of nonsense that adds nothing to the discussion.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
There are plenty of white QB's that have underperformed, but the media would still stick up for them. Like Kerry Collins for instance. He is dogshit. Always has been. He was really sucking in NY, when he ended up going to the Raiders, and the media was constantly talking about how he is going to have a huge season, and he was actually shittier than he ever was in NY. Then he goes to Tennesse, and media said he would do well over there, and he fucked up the Titans season, only to have Vince Young nearly dig them out of a hole and get them into the playoffs (which he probably would have, had he been starting the entire year). Give me a break.

Tell me this... again, if Kerry Collins was black, do you honestly think he would have started for two years in Oakland, then go to Tennessee, and somehow start over Vince Young over there? After those years in Oakland, he would have been out of the league, no question about it.

When Elway came into the league he nearly quit after just one season because of all the media pressure put on him in Denver and nationally. He's said this time and time again in interviews. He didn't want to talk to anyone, see anyone and didn't want to play anymore.

Must be racism.

Point is, you can keep throwing out all these examples and someone can throw one right back at you. This argument cannot be settled and is just a matter of perspective and opinion............oh wait, your opinion is never wrong, my bad.

Tough guy.

johnsmith
09-20-2007, 04:11 PM
If you have to stoop so low so as to use the "spelling insult" to "win" an argument, then you are simply pathetic.

As far as I'm concerned, you have no argument regardless. You just spout off a bunch of nonsense that adds nothing to the discussion.

Is it really stooping low when I'm just pointing out what an idiot you are?

Also, if I have no argument and I add nothing to a discussion, why do you respond to every single post I make in the NFL forum?

Shit nevermind, I just remembered how tough you are.

samikeyp
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I have seen plenty of those same white QB's get hammered by the same media. I think Kerry Collins would have started in Oakland and Tennessee because those teams were desperate for anything at the QB spot. The only thing stopping Fisher from starting Young immediately was the fact that he was a rookie and he was hoping to let him learn like McNair did when he started. Personally I never thought much of Collins. He had one decent year in Carolina and in NY but in both cases, it was a strong defense that carried those teams.

Any QB regardless of race is going to be unfairly scrutinized (Hope I spelled that right John :) ) because of the position. There is no proof that a coach or an owner is holding a player back solely on race. I think it did happen in the NFL for decades until guys like Warren Moon, Doug Williams and Randall Cunningham proved that given the chance, black QB's could do well. Hell, Randall never took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and they loved him there. I think we can all agree that Andre Ware sucked hind tit in the NFL and it wasn't because he was black. He was criticized heavily for his lack of success but not because he was black, but as a first round pick, he underacheived....the same exact criticizism was heard for David Klingler who was white. Tim Couch heard the same stuff as Akili Smith...both 1st round picks, both busts.

I will repeat what I said earlier. I like McNabb...I think he is a hell of a quarterback and would love him on my team. (Too bad TO is there now! :) ) I don't believe the Eagles not winning a title falls solely on his shoulders. The ownership there has never done enough to get or keep talent around him there. You put him on the Colts, Pats, Chargers, Bears or even the Cowboys this year...he wins a Super Bowl. Sadly, too much of the blame for Philly not winning a title is falling on him...but I don't believe its because he is black....I believe that the QB of any team gets too much credit and too much blame for the success or failure of his team.

I don't think he needs to "shut his mouth". He has a right to voice his opinion. I have the same right to disagree. Doesn't take away from the fact that I think he is a hell of a player.

Obstructed_View
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
<----didn't read the whole thread

The biggest critics of black quarterbacks are typically members of the black community, including black members of his own team. McNabb would have less trouble as the leader of an all white team than he would as a leader of an all-black team.

The media pressure's on Donovan this year, because he's now the best NFL quarterback without a Super Bowl ring, right? Last year, the guy that "couldn't win the big one" played for the Colts.

dimsah
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
The media pressure's on Donovan this year, because he's now the best NFL quarterback without a Super Bowl ring, right? Last year, the guy that "couldn't win the big one" played for the Colts.
I agree with this, but Peyton still never had to deal with the shit McNabb has had to put up with. His only label was that he couldn't win the big one.

McNabb has that label as well and
He's had a player question his toughness in the media.
Had a NAACP activist question his "blackness".
Had fans cheer for the backup to replace him.
Had a famous radio personality say he was overrated because he was black on national television.
Had an entire Philly radio station dedicated to criticizing him and trying to run him out of town.

And to date, even without the SB ring, he's been the most successful Eagles QB.

For the most part I thought he had handled all of that fairly well.
I would have flipped out long before that busted someones head open, but that's just me.

I don't think he ever said that he is only criticized because he is black.

stretch
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
When Elway came into the league he nearly quit after just one season because of all the media pressure put on him in Denver and nationally. He's said this time and time again in interviews. He didn't want to talk to anyone, see anyone and didn't want to play anymore.

Must be racism.

Point is, you can keep throwing out all these examples and someone can throw one right back at you. This argument cannot be settled and is just a matter of perspective and opinion............oh wait, your opinion is never wrong, my bad.

Tough guy.
Thats right. My opinion is not wrong. And yours isn't either. Like you said... they are opinions. In my opinion, it should be pretty obvious that race is at least somewhat used when making opinions on black QBs, as race is also somewhat used when making opinions on white basketball players. I guarantee that if Dirk Nowitzki was black, he wouldn't get criticized the way he does either.

stretch
09-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Is it really stooping low when I'm just pointing out what an idiot you are?

Also, if I have no argument and I add nothing to a discussion, why do you respond to every single post I make in the NFL forum?

Shit nevermind, I just remembered how tough you are.
Misspelling one word does not make someone an idiot.

If I am such an idiot, why do you respond to every single post I make in the NFL forum as well?

Shit nevermind, I just remembered how much of a genius you are because spell better on an internet forum.

stretch
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I have seen plenty of those same white QB's get hammered by the same media. I think Kerry Collins would have started in Oakland and Tennessee because those teams were desperate for anything at the QB spot. The only thing stopping Fisher from starting Young immediately was the fact that he was a rookie and he was hoping to let him learn like McNair did when he started. Personally I never thought much of Collins. He had one decent year in Carolina and in NY but in both cases, it was a strong defense that carried those teams.

Any QB regardless of race is going to be unfairly scrutinized (Hope I spelled that right John :) ) because of the position. There is no proof that a coach or an owner is holding a player back solely on race. I think it did happen in the NFL for decades until guys like Warren Moon, Doug Williams and Randall Cunningham proved that given the chance, black QB's could do well. Hell, Randall never took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and they loved him there. I think we can all agree that Andre Ware sucked hind tit in the NFL and it wasn't because he was black. He was criticized heavily for his lack of success but not because he was black, but as a first round pick, he underacheived....the same exact criticizism was heard for David Klingler who was white. Tim Couch heard the same stuff as Akili Smith...both 1st round picks, both busts.

I will repeat what I said earlier. I like McNabb...I think he is a hell of a quarterback and would love him on my team. (Too bad TO is there now! :) ) I don't believe the Eagles not winning a title falls solely on his shoulders. The ownership there has never done enough to get or keep talent around him there. You put him on the Colts, Pats, Chargers, Bears or even the Cowboys this year...he wins a Super Bowl. Sadly, too much of the blame for Philly not winning a title is falling on him...but I don't believe its because he is black....I believe that the QB of any team gets too much credit and too much blame for the success or failure of his team.

I don't think he needs to "shut his mouth". He has a right to voice his opinion. I have the same right to disagree. Doesn't take away from the fact that I think he is a hell of a player.
Good post.

stretch
09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree with this, but Peyton still never had to deal with the shit McNabb has had to put up with. His only label was that he couldn't win the big one.

Had a famous radio personality say he was overrated because he was black on national television.
Had an entire Philly radio station dedicated to criticizing him and trying to run him out of town.

And to date, even without the SB ring, he's been the most successful Eagles QB.

For the most part I thought he had handled all of that fairly well.
I would have flipped out long before that busted someones head open, but that's just me.

I don't think he ever said that he is only criticized because he is black.
And as successful as he has been, I think it's pretty amazing considering the shit talent that the team has constantly put around him on offense. And the one year he had a true weapon, he had a record setting season, one of the finest seasons a QB in NFL history has ever had. I would really like to see what he could do with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

dimsah
09-20-2007, 06:56 PM
And as successful as he has been, I think it's pretty amazing considering the shit talent that the team has constantly put around him on offense. And the one year he had a true weapon, he had a record setting season, one of the finest seasons a QB in NFL history has ever had. I would really like to see what he could do with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.
Yeah. who knows?
The Eagles FO got complacent since McNabb was able to make a lot of plays by himself and I guess they really thought that any receiver could step in and do the job because McNabb would take up the slack. The problem now is that McNabb can't do those things anymore because of his injury history, but even though they still don't have a true #1 receiver, what they have now is certainly better than Thrash, Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell.

johnsmith
09-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Thats right. My opinion is not wrong. And yours isn't either. Like you said... they are opinions. In my opinion, it should be pretty obvious that race is at least somewhat used when making opinions on black QBs, as race is also somewhat used when making opinions on white basketball players. I guarantee that if Dirk Nowitzki was black, he wouldn't get criticized the way he does either.

Fair enough, now we'll just go back to arguing about shit not related to race.

johnsmith
09-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Misspelling one word does not make someone an idiot.

If I am such an idiot, why do you respond to every single post I make in the NFL forum as well?

Shit nevermind, I just remembered how much of a genius you are because spell better on an internet forum.

Touche.

stretch
09-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah. who knows?
The Eagles FO got complacent since McNabb was able to make a lot of plays by himself and I guess they really thought that any receiver could step in and do the job because McNabb would take up the slack. The problem now is that McNabb can't do those things anymore because of his injury history, but even though they still don't have a true #1 receiver, what they have now is certainly better than Thrash, Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell.
I really don't know if that is true. I mean, this is unquestionably a more talented group, but they just don't seem as reliable. They drop WAY too many passes, and don't seem as comfortable in this system as Pinkston, Thrash, Mitchell, and Chad Lewis (I loved that guy, he was a beast). And they don't seem to really try to get open to help McNabb. Once they are covered, they just sort of stand around, not really trying to find an open hole where McNabb can get them the ball. Then again, at the same time, its early in the season, the Eagles always start slow, McNabb has not been his usual self, and you can tell his knee is definitely not 100%.

MoSpur
09-21-2007, 04:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3030401&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

MoSpur
09-21-2007, 04:53 PM
That is a good article.

Walter Craparita
09-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Racial Bias does NOT exist in the....uh....Media. Anyone who...uh...says it does is a moron!

Our Iverson skit was...uh...motivational!

peewee's lovechild
09-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Racial Bias does NOT exist in the....uh....Media. Anyone who...uh...says it does is a moron!

Uh . . . ok.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2007, 11:26 AM

None of the above examples show any organized media pressure. If one of his teammates bad mouths him, they are going to report it. Rush Limbaugh lost his job for saying what he said. Most of it comes from other people, and again, the media has to report it.

You also have forgotten Manning throwing his teammates under the bus after the playoff loss two years ago, and why? Because he won and because he isn't now 0-2 and complaining about how hard his life is.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2007, 11:31 AM

Yeah, because Allen Iverson was never arrested multiple times for possession of marijuana and firearms, so it certainly wasn't topical. It must just be because his skin is brown that they are picking on him. Bastard lily white media trying to keep the black man down. They might start accusing people that illegally enter the country of being lawbreakers next. Heavens! We white people have to stop the madness now or they'll be making fun of Ted Kennedy for being a drunk or the president for being stupid.

peewee's lovechild
09-23-2007, 11:48 AM
From ESPN.com:

"Reid's riot act: To understand the mind-set of an 0-2 Eagles team going into Sunday's critical matchup with the 2-0 Lions, it's important to go back to the locker room after Philadelphia's woeful performance Monday night against Washington. Several players told me they had never seen coach Andy Reid that upset. His face a bright red, his voice hoarse, Reid did not deliver a tirade but rather a warning that his squad must rededicate itself to the kind of hard work that can salvage a disastrous start.

Reid's words, I'm told, were greeted with a long pause and stunned silence. Normally, that would have been the time for middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter or Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins to take the floor. But Trotter is in Tampa. And Dawkins had a neck stinger. So, linebacker Takeo Spikes stood up and took charge, even though it's only his second game with the team. "I told them to have faith," Spikes told me. "I told them we have to bring everybody together, offense and defense, and go back to work. I've been down this road before, but to turn it around, you have to have faith." Conspicuous by his silence after the game -- quarterback Donovan McNabb. -- Sal Paolantonio"

That's why that little bitch get's criticized!!!!!!!!!

And, that has nothing to do with being black!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samikeyp
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
He's kicking ass today....Philly will love him again.

Marklar MM
09-23-2007, 02:14 PM

Thats not saying much. The Lions made Josh McCown look like a great qb.

samikeyp
09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
True.

peewee's lovechild
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM

So I guess that means that Donnie will be saying that racism is no longer an issue.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2007, 05:06 PM
The Eagles still have a losing record, but this is a good start for him.

stretch
09-23-2007, 06:07 PM
So I guess that means that Donnie will be saying that racism is no longer an issue.
No, because McNabb never said racism was an issue with the way he was playing. And if your retarded ass payed any attention and knew what the fuck you were talking about, you would know that this interview took place before the pre-season even started, and that McNabb has said the same thing he said in that interview for years. There was a Beyond the Glory on FSN about him about 3 years ago, and he said basically the same exact things in it.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
TO hates black people.

peewee's lovechild
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
No, because McNabb never said racism was an issue with the way he was playing. And if your retarded ass payed any attention and knew what the fuck you were talking about, you would know that this interview took place before the pre-season even started, and that McNabb has said the same thing he said in that interview for years. There was a Beyond the Glory on FSN about him about 3 years ago, and he said basically the same exact things in it.

What got your confederate flag tattoo in a wrinkle??

Take it easy.

Oh yea, and if it wasn't about racism . . . then what the fuck was the big deal??

Tard.

samikeyp
09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I'll tell you who needs to shutup is the guy who suggested those Eagles uniforms.

Oy.

stretch
09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
What got your confederate flag tattoo in a wrinkle??

Take it easy.

Oh yea, and if it wasn't about racism . . . then what the fuck was the big deal??

Tard.
What the fuck are you talking about? Racism has nothing to do with the way a person plays. And he never said anything about playing worse because he feels that black QB's are judged differently than white QB's. You are fucking retarded. Do you even know what the fuck you type when you post, or what you read before you post?

stretch
09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I'll tell you who needs to shutup is the guy who suggested those Eagles uniforms.

Oy.
Those are godawful. I know that they were their uniforms from back in the 40s and stuff, but still... thats just terrible. There is no need to wear those if you are going to wear throwbacks.

stretch
09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
TO hates black people.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? Racism has nothing to do with the way a person plays. And he never said anything about playing worse because he feels that black QB's are judged differently than white QB's. You are fucking retarded. Do you even know what the fuck you type when you post, or what you read before you post?

You didn't answer the question.

Was his gripe about being judged more harshly than white QBs about racism or not?

stretch
09-24-2007, 09:30 AM

Was his gripe about being judged more harshly than white QBs about racism or not?
I think the answer to that is obvious. I never debated that for one second. I just said that his interview took place far before the season even started, so to say that he is using racism as an excuse for his poor play over the first 2 games of the season makes no sense.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
If the Eagles promise not to wear those uni's again, McNabb can say anything he wants! :)

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I think the answer to that is obvious. I never debated that for one second. I just said that his interview took place far before the season even started, so to say that he is using racism as an excuse for his poor play over the first 2 games of the season makes no sense.
don't bother arguing with that dumbass. anybody who spends every waking hour worshipping the portrayal of Anakin Skywalker probably doesn't have a clue about much of anything.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 09:34 AM

your questions are pointless and have nothing to do with anything that's why nobody fucking answers them.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
don't bother arguing with that dumbass. anybody who spends every waking hour worshipping the portrayal of Anakin Skywalker probably doesn't have a clue about much of anything.

Is worshipping Leia when she was wearing that bikini in Return of the Jedi, ok?
:eyebrows

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 09:37 AM

haha of course it's okay. the original holy trilogy is great.

flipcritic
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Here's an intelligent response to McNabb's comments. I for one felt the same way too.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_top/20070919_GRATING_EXPECTATIONS.html

Dana Pennett O'Neil | McNabb and the Grating Expectations

By DANA PENNETT O'NEIL

[email protected]
WHEN I FIRST started in this business, my father used to love it when I covered televised college basketball games.

He could always spot me on press row.

I was the one with long hair.

Seventeen years later, I'm one of a handful of people with long hair; two in this city's print press, to be exact, alongside Ashley Fox, of the Inquirer.

Women in sports writing stand out. I hate it but there's no getting around it. I have been called out in locker rooms - one college player once yelled, "Lady coming," as if I was an incoming grenade - and endured nothing shy of a ritual hazing from a baseball player who shall remain nameless at my first major league baseball game. And my personal favorite, a controversial college hoops coach once began an interview with me by saying, "You're too purdy to be a sportswriter. You need a new profession."

So as Donovan McNabb tried yesterday to explain his comments on HBO's "Real Sports," I understood what he was trying to say when he said as an African-American quarterback, he has to "do a little extra." I'll admit I cringed a little as I listened to the comments, wishing he could have left the genie in the bottle, but I got it.

Peyton Manning was criticized for never winning the big one before last year; Rex Grossman was criticized because . . . because he deserved it. But neither of them will ever tote the burden of being a white quarterback just as men in my profession will never be referred to as male sports writers. Black and female are different and therefore necessitate the adjective.

Years ago, another female sports writer told me to make sure I did my homework because every time I goofed, people would line up to refer to me as some dumb chick who doesn't know the difference between a cover 2 and a bedcover.

McNabb told me in a telephone interview last night he got the same sort of advice.

"That's definitely how I was prepared," McNabb said as we exchanged war stories. "People told me when I came into this league to do the extra studying, to work out harder, prepare myself better. It's not so much, 'Yes sir, no sir,' but don't give anyone a reason to say that you're uncoachable, that you can't be trusted, that you want to do your own thing. The margin for error is different."

The scrutiny is not necessarily overt. It doesn't mean some bigot is calling McNabb names any more than it means that some misogynist is offending me. I, frankly, am blessed to work with world-class people, men who couldn't care less what kind of chromosomes I have. They treat me like one of the boys and to me, that is the highest compliment.

But I still get my share of e-mails from Neanderthals (and you know who you are) who say I should be home making babies and pot roast ("You're kidding?" McNabb said, when I told him. Ah no, I'm not).

McNabb told me he still hears people commenting when he's out in public about what he can and can't do because of his race; that he reads scouting reports and shakes his head at the buzzwords that often accompany the description of African-American quarterbacks.

"He's athletic, that's another one," McNabb explained. "Or he has a tendency to run out of the pocket when his first read isn't open. You can't just be a quarterback. It's always, 'Well, he's a runner,' or 'he's athletic.' No one ever just wants to put us in that quarterback class. I brought up Vince Young [during his press conference] as an example to try and paint the picture it should be about winning and losing. If you win, you're a winner. Do you have to go into the question of whether or not he's an accurate passer? He's a winner. He does what it takes to win."

As heavy as the scrutiny is, the responsibility is even more burdensome.

When Michael Vick nose-dives into sports infamy, dredging up all sorts of racial and cultural stereotypes with him, people don't automatically look askance at McNabb. But it certainly doesn't help his cause any more than "Monday Night Football's" decision to hire Lisa Guerrero helped mine.

McNabb is painfully conscious of the images out there, not just of African-American athletes, but of all athletes. He realizes that the transgressions of the few - Vick, Pacman Jones, Barry Bonds - lumps everyone into an unfair pile.

"I try to handle myself with class and dignity so all of the other quarterbacks realize that despite the scrutiny, I've been able to do that," McNabb said. "That's the way I want to be portrayed. But I'm definitely reaching out to African Americans."

Religion, race and politics, aren't they the three taboos to avoid at a cocktail party? McNabb knows that part of why this is creating such an uproar is that it's not a comfortable subject.

That's where he and I differ. I like to think people may forget I'm a woman and just say I'm a sports writer. Some may call that naive. I prefer optimistic.

McNabb thinks differently. He believes that by being out in the open, by being honest with his experiences, he can make people think. He said he hopes other people will speak up - "I definitely expect other quarterbacks to comment this week," he said. At the very least, he likes to think people will dig beneath the surface, beneath the sensationalistic version of what they think he's said to listen to what he really said.

"You bring it up, people shut up," McNabb said. "When people hear stuff like this, they wonder, 'Are you talking about me?' They go from being offensive to being defensive. If you didn't say it, then I'm not talking to you."

Send e-mail to [email protected]

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 11:00 AM
"You bring it up, people shut up," McNabb said. "When people hear stuff like this, they wonder, 'Are you talking about me?' They go from being offensive to being defensive. If you didn't say it, then I'm not talking to you."
The thing is, you have to be a fucking man and take on the specific people that say shit about you. When you bring it up without mentioning people specifically, everyone else just thinks you are a race-baiting, whining little girl. That doesn't work too well when you are supposed to be the leader of a football team in the meanest city in the US.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:15 AM

I can see how comparing movies to sports makes so much sense.

I tremble at the superiority of your intellect.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:16 AM
your questions are pointless and have nothing to do with anything that's why nobody fucking answers them.

You fear answering the questions?

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:17 AM

Oh, that's more than okay.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I can see how comparing movies to sports makes so much sense.

I tremble at the superiority of your intellect.
I think CuckingFunt just logged into the troll forum, time for you to GTFO out of here and go stick your nose up her ass over there. later.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM

Racism is the issue at hand.

I, on the other hand, was utilizing this wonderful thing called "sarcasm". Which you, of course, you failed to see.

However, you have to ask yourself the question:

Why did he bring it up in the first place?

He's comming back from a few seasons of being injured, and he knew that the pressure was going to be on him. So, it's not a stretch to think that he was using "racism" to deflect any future problems that he would have based on his performance.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I think CuckingFunt just logged into the troll forum, time for you to GTFO out of here and go stick your nose up her ass over there. later.

There's that superior intellect I was referring to.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
There's that superior intellect I was referring to.
We can't all be as genius as the Revenge Of The Sith screenplay.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
We can't all be as genius as the Revenge Of The Sith screenplay.

That's right, because the screenplay was an actual game plan to be used by an NFL team.

It's all comming together now.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:37 AM
That's right, because the screenplay was an actual game plan to be used by an NFL team.

It's all comming together now.
you have yet to display any discernible competence when discussing football so I figured I'd bring it to your level.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:39 AM
you have yet to display any discernible competence when discussing football so I figured I'd bring it to your level.

Such as??

(Feel free to use another sheet of paper if you should need it.)

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
(Feel free to use another sheet of paper if you should need it.)
on the internets?

just look at your post history if you don't see it. you will then.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
on the internets?

just look at your post history if you don't see it. you will then.

If you have specific examples, now is the time to show them.

(Take your time, this is an untimed test.)

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:49 AM
If you have specific examples, now is the time to show them.

(Take your time, this is an untimed test.)

"you callin me a dumbass, huh? well show me specific examples of me saying something stupid, publish them, have them notarized, and then let's see about it. haha i got you good!"

I have no need to give "specific examples" i'll just say reading your post history tells the entire story. thanks, try again.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:54 AM

"you callin me a dumbass, huh? well show me specific examples of me saying something stupid, publish them, have them notarized, and then let's see about it. haha i got you good!"

I have no need to give "specific examples" i'll just say reading your post history tells the entire story. thanks, try again.

You have failed Objective 1.
You may not advance to Objective 2.

You are in the: 32% of the student population.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:57 AM
You have failed Objective 1.
You may not advance to Objective 2.

You are in the: 32% of the student population.
What, are you giving everybody the results of your high school placement exam?

stretch
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
However, you have to ask yourself the question:

Why did he bring it up in the first place?

He's comming back from a few seasons of being injured, and he knew that the pressure was going to be on him. So, it's not a stretch to think that he was using "racism" to deflect any future problems that he would have based on his performance.
You must be joking...

Once again, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that HE DID NOT BRING IT UP. He was being interviewed about his life, and they got to a part where he was asked about his viewpoint on that particular subject. He gave his answers to those questions... then they moved on to other questions. He never had the interview to talk about racism. He was interviewed to talk about his life. Seriously dude... do you read posts??? I know I already posted this before, multiple times if memory serves me right...

Now are you going to bullshit again and say that you were being sarcastic about this shit too, to act like you know what the fuck you are talking about?

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
There's your example of why you're such a football retard, peewee ^^^

I'm guessing that placement exam listed your future career as "janitor". oh well.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
What, are you giving everybody the results of your high school placement exam?

Cheating is stricly forbidden and can be punished with expulsion.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
You must be joking...

Once again, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that HE DID NOT BRING IT UP. He was being interviewed about his life, and they got to a part where he was asked about his viewpoint on that particular subject. He gave his answers to those questions... then they moved on to other questions. He never had the interview to talk about racism. He was interviewed to talk about his life. Seriously dude... do you read posts??? I know I already posted this before, multiple times if memory serves me right...

Now are you going to bullshit again and say that you were being sarcastic about this shit too, to act like you know what the fuck you are talking about?

Before you go on a rant, I hope you are aware that all interviewees are given the questions upfront. They decided wich questions they'll take before hand.

Now, you keep saying that this isn't about racism. But, if it's not about racism, then what's this all about? What else is to be understood about black QBs being criticized differently than their white counterparts?

He knew what it was about. He knew it was going to cause controversy. He said so this weekend. So, why was it brought up?

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
There's your example of why you're such a football retard, peewee ^^^

I'm guessing that placement exam listed your future career as "janitor". oh well.

Just what was that example?

Care to explain, Mr. Hawking?

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Before you go on a rant, I hope you are aware that all interviewees are given the questions upfront. They decided wich questions they'll take before hand.
:lmao pull that out your ass?

maybe if you're peyton manning you have that power. they'll ask donovan mcnabb whatever the fuck they please.

09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
A whole page of nothing.

Good job guys.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
A whole page of nothing.

Good job guys.
nice contribution

09-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
:lmao pull that out your ass?

maybe if you're peyton manning you have that power. they'll ask donovan mcnabb whatever the fuck they please.

So you're saying that Peyton can do that but Donnie can't? That's pretty fucking racist.

stretch
09-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Now, you keep saying that this isn't about racism. But, if it's not about racism, then what's this all about? What else is to be understood about black QBs being criticized differently than their white counterparts?

He knew what it was about. He knew it was going to cause controversy. He said so this weekend. So, why was it brought up?
You obviously still do not know what you are talking about, so...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/shutthefup.gif

703 Spurz
09-24-2007, 02:33 PM

Delhomme never been criticized? :dramaquee

Whatthefuckever dude

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 02:55 PM
You obviously still do not know what you are talking about, so...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/shutthefup.gif

Take a sip because you obviously don't know how interviews are prepared and you still haven't answered the racism question.

So . . . .

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I obviously don't know how interviews are prepared

stretch
09-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Delhomme never been criticized? :dramaquee

Whatthefuckever dude
If you read the parenthesies afterwards, you would have seen I was drawing a comparison to McNabb, thus obviously they have been criticized, but not nearly as much, or in the ways that McNabb has been.

stretch
09-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Take a sip because you obviously don't know how interviews are prepared and you still haven't answered the racism question.

So . . . .

wow...

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM

wow...

Wow indeed.

midgetonadonkey
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
McNabb is black? I never noticed. Maybe I should start looking at skin color more often.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow indeed.
you're amazed at your own stupidity. at least you acknowledge it. why don't you pull more facts about journalism out of your ass while you're here and all. i'm sure the CuckingFunt brownnosing sessions can take a break for just a small amount of time.

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
lol, owned

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
you're amazed at your own stupidity. at least you acknowledge it. why don't you pull more facts about journalism out of your ass while you're here and all. i'm sure the CuckingFunt brownnosing sessions can take a break for just a small amount of time.

You're attempt at humor is amateur at best.
I liked it better when you attempted to be an intellectual giant.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
You're attempt at humor is amateur at best.
I liked it better when you attempted to be an intellectual giant.
It was no attempt at humor. If it was, you would have laughed.

Just tellin the truth. And I can understand if the truth hurts you.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
lol, owned

Woe is me, Massa.
I's been done owned.

What is I gonna do?

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM

This is funnier than the other bit.

You may have a future in the funny business.
You just might rival Chad Johnson if you practice the craft.

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Woe is me, Massa.
I's been done owned.

What is I gonna do?
lol, fake self-pity

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
This is a funnier than the other bit.

You may have a future in the funny business.
You just might rival Chad Johnson if you practice the craft.
Just do everyone a favor and go back to The Club and post more shit about how you'd love to fondle CuckingFunt's imaginary boobs while threatening to kill Fillmoe.

midgetonadonkey
09-24-2007, 04:18 PM

Just because one attempts humor does not mean it is acheived.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
lol, fake self-pity

Massa, I's done dying.

It's shame . . . it's shame.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Massa, I's done dying.

Just because one attempts humor does not mean it is acheived.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Just do everyone a favor and go back to The Club and post more shit about how you'd love to fondle CuckingFunt's imaginary boobs while threatening to kill Fillmoe.

Damn, your humor continues to improve.

I'm impressed.

Jerry Sienfeld, watch out.

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Massa, I's done dying.

lol, more shitty attempts at sarcastic humor

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Damn, your humor continues to improve.

I'm impressed.

Jerry Sienfeld, watch out.
lol, running out of material

mikejones99
09-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Best first half stats for a qb ever, Donovon vs Detroit. Keep talkin if you can do that shit

johnsmith
09-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Best first half stats for a qb ever, Donovon vs Detroit. Keep talkin if you can do that shit

Ummmmm, I'm not positive, but I don't think anyone in here was claiming they could "do that shit".........or even the shit he did in the first two weeks.

In fact, I don't think anyone in here was even claiming they could play quarterback in the NFL.

Could be wrong though.

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Ummmmm, I'm not positive, but I don't think anyone in here was claiming they could "do that shit".........or even the shit he did in the first two weeks.

In fact, I don't think anyone in here was even claiming they could play quarterback in the NFL.

Could be wrong though.
I think he meant that if Donovan is going to play that well, he can say whatever he feels like. That's actually the truth. He can say whatever he wants about anybody as long as the team's winning and he's throwing touchdowns.

stretch
09-24-2007, 11:09 PM

Could be wrong though.
Another typical post by the board idiot...

midgetonadonkey
09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Donovan McNabb Has Perfect Game For A Black Quarterback
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/donovan_mcnabb_has_perfect

PHILADELPHIA—With 381 yards passing, four touchdowns, and a perfect passer rating of 158.3, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb had a perfect game for a black quarterback during Sunday's victory over the Detroit Lions, members of the sports media reported. "Quite frankly, I didn't think a black quarterback could put up those kinds of numbers, and I don't think anyone else did either," football analyst Peter King said during NBC's Football Night In America. "Now that I have seen it, it makes me wonder what an average white quarterback, say Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, would have done against the Lions. You have to think they would have had over 500 yards passing, eight touchdowns, and even a better-than-perfect 250 rating." King added that he has been disappointed with the play of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, saying that he needs to elevate his standard of play to that expected of a Caucasian quarterback if the Saints have any hopes of returning to the NFC Championship game.

peewee's lovechild
09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Donovan McNabb Has Perfect Game For A Black Quarterback
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/donovan_mcnabb_has_perfect

PHILADELPHIA—With 381 yards passing, four touchdowns, and a perfect passer rating of 158.3, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb had a perfect game for a black quarterback during Sunday's victory over the Detroit Lions, members of the sports media reported. "Quite frankly, I didn't think a black quarterback could put up those kinds of numbers, and I don't think anyone else did either," football analyst Peter King said during NBC's Football Night In America. "Now that I have seen it, it makes me wonder what an average white quarterback, say Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, would have done against the Lions. You have to think they would have had over 500 yards passing, eight touchdowns, and even a better-than-perfect 250 rating." King added that he has been disappointed with the play of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, saying that he needs to elevate his standard of play to that expected of a Caucasian quarterback if the Saints have any hopes of returning to the NFC Championship game.

:lmao :lmao :lmao