PDA

View Full Version : One more Horn arrested...This is getting out of control

Kermit
09-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Mack, get control of your fucking team. Asshole.

Longhorn football player James Henry has been arrested by Austin police on a pair of third-degree felony charges.

The charges are “obstruction or retaliation” and “tampering or fabricating physical evidence.” Combined, bail is set at $30,000. Henry was booked into jail at 3:59 p.m. Monday.

Henry is a redshirt freshman running back from Schertz who has played on Texas’ special teams the past two games.

He is the latest in a string of Texas football players to be arrested over the past four months.

The roundup since June:

— Backup safety/receiver Tyrell Gatewood (now suspended indefinitely) on misdemeanor drug charges, accused of having Xanax and prescription codeine cough syrup in his car. Freshman cornerback Ben Wells was cited in the same traffic stop for possession of drug paraphernalia but not was not taken to jail.

— Defensive back Robert Joseph (now transferred from the team) on aggravated robbery and for attempted car theft charges in separate incidents.

— Defensive tackle Andre Jones (now suspended indefinitely) on an aggravated robbery charge stemming from the same incident as Joseph.

— Linebacker Sergio Kindle (returning from three-game suspension this week) on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

— Defensive end Henry Melton (also returning from three-game suspension) on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

samikeyp
09-18-2007, 10:54 AM
He needs to be shown the door.

Enough is enough.

Whisky Dog
09-18-2007, 10:56 AM
He needs to drop down an iron fist and an immediate ban from the team for anyone who gets arrested. That's out of control.

MajorMike
09-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Why? At uo, darth visor just 'handles it internally' and makes guys sit out the 1st series of the next game.

NoMoneyDown
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM

— Backup safety/receiver Tyrell Gatewood (now suspended indefinitely)

— Defensive back Robert Joseph (now transferred from the team)

— Defensive tackle Andre Jones (now suspended indefinitely)

— Linebacker Sergio Kindle (returning from three-game suspension this week)

— Defensive end Henry Melton (also returning from three-game suspension)

================================================== ======

Sounds like he's taking control to me. Oh, you mean hold their hands wherever they go ...

leemajors
09-18-2007, 12:21 PM

— Backup safety/receiver Tyrell Gatewood (now suspended indefinitely)

— Defensive back Robert Joseph (now transferred from the team)

— Defensive tackle Andre Jones (now suspended indefinitely)

— Linebacker Sergio Kindle (returning from three-game suspension this week)

— Defensive end Henry Melton (also returning from three-game suspension)

================================================== ======

Sounds like he's taking control to me. Oh, you mean hold their hands wherever they go ...
if he had control, it wouldn't keep happening. obviously the suspensions aren't effective.

NoMoneyDown
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
if he had control, it wouldn't keep happening. obviously the suspensions aren't effective.

I disagree. You can have rules/procedures galore, but it all comes down to the individual. Aside from holding their hand every minute of the day, they will do what THEY want to do. Same thing with parenting. I know many couples who have multiple kids and instill the same discipline for both. One is the nicest kid you'd ever want to meet, while the other continuously breaks the rules and gets in trouble.

RonMexico
09-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Umm... "Darth Visor"?

Mike is an idiot. Like OSU never has behavioral issues? Mario Boggan? JamesOn Weed?

Whisky Dog
09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
He needs to be a bit more selective on recruiting if these are scholarship guys that are breaking the law. For some reason it's only the backup to the backup that are getting in trouble, I wonder why?

degenerate_gambler
09-18-2007, 02:43 PM
The head coach is ultimately responsible for their players. But at the same time, it's pretty obvious that Texas lacks any type of leadership from within the team. That more than Mack burying his head in the sand is the real problem.

MajorMike
09-18-2007, 02:55 PM

To a certain extent, but a coach can't be completely responsible for his teams lack of judgement. Was Kellen Heard Fran's fault?

tlongII
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
That's just how they roll.

Brutalis
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
You know when all the drama at Arkansas started happening it swelled until finally the nation realized it. It took forever.

All I know is from an outside view it appears the aftermath of their championship players has left a bunch of dumb kids who watched that team win and can't do it themselves much longer if it keeps up or you guys finally don't catch a break and 'win the game' so far. That first loss will drop you guys far imho. But if Mack is the problem you guys need to find the root and pull it asap as fans.

scott
09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Mack Brown is preparing his guys for successful careers as Bengals.

Switchman
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Book em Horns!

Ballcox
09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah, this shit is getting out of control. At first I just tried to rationalize the incidents, but it's becoming very evident that Mack HAS to get control of this team back-hopefully with some consistent discipline and harsh consequences for players who screw up.

I also think that when VY was at UT, Mack just kind of handed over the keys to the program to him in a sense, since NO player on those teams was going to fuck with VY. He had guys out there in the summers working hard, had them focusing on games during the season.

Now, VY is gone, he ain't coming back in this lifetime. And there doesn't appear to be any player or players with a strong enough personality to lead this team back to where it needs to be. So Mack, time to step up and earn that big money, you might also have to be the 'bad' guy with some of these players, you can't be their friend all the time.

Did I mention how pissed off I am? Shit, I could use a strong drink right now, to bad I'm at work. :ihit

RonMexico
09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
It's even more hilarious when you look at the details:

"Henry, a redshirt freshman running back for Texas, was arrested Tuesday on charges that he tampered with evidence and threatened witnesses of an incident involving one current and one former Longhorn football player. Austin police claim Henry, on recorded phone calls originating from an Austin jail, told former teammate Robert Joseph that he "whupped" witnesses to a robbery and that he would sell stolen electronics and marijuana on Joseph's behalf. These boys must not watch "The Wire." I'm most confused at how Henry could do something like this, yet still be capable of maintaining his academic eligibility."

What a retard, but I can't say I'm surprised...

Kermit
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
The only good news in all of this is that it isn't a new crime and is tied to the 'Dre Jones and Robert Joseph arrests. Sorry for calling you an asshole, Mack. You've just been lowered to son of a bitch status.

degenerate_gambler
09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
It's even more hilarious when you look at the details:

"Henry, a redshirt freshman running back for Texas, was arrested Tuesday on charges that he tampered with evidence and threatened witnesses of an incident involving one current and one former Longhorn football player. Austin police claim Henry, on recorded phone calls originating from an Austin jail, told former teammate Robert Joseph that he "whupped" witnesses to a robbery and that he would sell stolen electronics and marijuana on Joseph's behalf. These boys must not watch "The Wire." I'm most confused at how Henry could do something like this, yet still be capable of maintaining his academic eligibility."

What a retard, but I can't say I'm surprised...

way to make your momma proud, boy.

O-Factor
09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Mack needs to put a stop to this fucking shit...oh and fire his BFF Greg Davis also.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2007, 06:28 PM
LOL
Robert Joseph must have been a bad influence in the UT lockerroom.

LOL

mookie2001
09-20-2007, 07:19 PM
he was like when 3j moved in

BeerIsGood!
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
he was like when 3j moved in

Do they still show that on tv?

StylisticS
09-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Do they still show that on tv?
Fox Family Channel.