PDA

View Full Version : thinkpad question

Steve Perry
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I have an IBM that needs a new keyboard but the center screw on the back is stripped. Since the man will not leave his thinkpad with me over night I am not able to jack with it. Sometimes you can get lucky if you have the right size butcher knife it fits in there and you can get it to turn. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used a drill, or had a screw that was stripped and can tell me how they went about it.
thanks

:wakeup

Steve Perry
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Update: First off I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum. I tried to find the tech forum but it's not showing up on my browser. Dam Firefox I probably have to update it. Anyway after calling around I found out the PC folks are no different then the AC repairmen when it comes to bending you over. Algens wants 75 dollars to replace a keyboard that takes all of 6 minutes to do. And Altex said they don't remove stripped screws. So I asked him what happens if I bring in the notebook for keyboard replacement and you see a screw is stripped what do you do? I heard a few "Ahh............ Uhh...........I don't know"

So he tells me to call auto Zone to get an easy out kit that takes out bolts and screws that are stripped and the man there says they don't sell them that small. They sell for automobiles not notebooks. If this dumb ass Curry eating USSA job stealing carpet riding.....(you get the Idea) man would have just left off his think pad, I could have had it removes already. (the Mexican way hammer and sharp knife) These guys act like they have plans for World War III on their laptops and I am secretly working for Al Queda.

Oh well I will report back if i make any progress and i thank those who replied

:wakeup