PDA

View Full Version : How fake is Beauty and the Geek?

oligarchy
09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Season 4's new twist is that there is a "beauty" that is a guy. They said his name was Sam and he was a "party promoter." The dude is actually a smaller known actor. He was in Accepted.. he was the guy that spit in Jonah's beer. He was the kid in Grace under Fire years ago. Some may have seen him in the great move "Brink!" he was Val. I find it funny.

E20
09-18-2007, 10:06 PM
As fake as Bear Grylls.

Fillmoe
09-18-2007, 10:14 PM
the movie brink was the shit... i remember watching that shit a million times on disney back in the day

Fat boy
09-18-2007, 10:15 PM
What I hate is when MTV acts like they are surprising a person to fix their car on "Pimp my Ride" show and the person comes out screaming and already has a mic pack on their waist.

T Park
09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
What I hate is when MTV acts like they are surprising a person to fix their car on "Pimp my Ride" show and the person comes out screaming and already has a mic pack on their waist.

Yeah.....

monosylab1k
09-18-2007, 11:32 PM
There is no more fake reality show than Sunset Tan on E! There are points where you can see some of them reading their lines off the cue cards and struggling mightily while doing so. Great show if you want to laugh at untintentional intentional comedy.

oligarchy
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I don't know. I just find it more amusing that they hired an actual actor, rather than some stupid scrub off the street. There is no such thing as "reality" tv. Maybe they used other actors before, but I never knew who they were.

Evan
09-19-2007, 08:01 AM
All reality TV is fake except for COPS.

Directors are constantly pushing story lines and encouraging people to say things. Then with creative editing the story they want is spliced together. You may be seeing a facial reaction after a comment that really happened hours ago.