conservation thing. Guess not. Still want government
running your life and health care.

Case draws famed lawyer Allred
Great-grandma Betty pleads innocent to resisting arrest over dead grass
By Donald W. Meyers
The Salt Lake Tribune
Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated:09/18/2007 11:49:47 AM MDT
Posted: 11:51 AM- OREM - Betty Perry pleaded innocent Tuesday to charges she failed to water her lawn and resisted arrest when an officer attempted to cite her.
Perry appeared in 4th District Court in Orem to enter her plea in a case prominent Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred described as a gross injustice.
"Today, law enforcement in Orem has enshrined itself as the laughing stock of our country by prosecuting a 70-year-old great-grandmother for allegedly not watering her lawn," Allred said. "This ill-conceived action ensures Orem's law enforcement authorities first place in the [Guinness World Records] for stupidity."
Perry's next appearance will be on Oct. 11 for a pre-trial conference.
In July, Perry was cited by Officer James Flygare of the police's Neighborhood Preservation Unit for failing to water her lawn. Perry refused to give her name to the officer and, when Flygare tried to stop her from going back inside her house, she reportedly tripped and injured her nose.
She was arrested and taken to police station but released shortly afterwards.
An investigation by the state Department of Public Safety cleared Flygare of any wrongdoing, and city officials pressed charges against Perry on the landscape violation, a class C misdemeanor, and interfering with a police officer, a class B misdemeanor.
Allred, a high-profile Los Angeles attorney who has represented the family of Nicole Brown Simpson, O.J. Simpson's murdered wife, said she was there to provide support for Perry, whose criminal defense is being handled by M. Paige Benjamin, a Provo attorney.
[email protected]

Oh, Gee!!
09-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Hmmm, I thought not watering a lawn would be a

Case draws famed lawyer Allred
Great-grandma Betty pleads innocent to resisting arrest over dead grass
By Donald W. Meyers
The Salt Lake Tribune
Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated:09/18/2007 11:49:47 AM MDT
Posted: 11:51 AM- OREM - Betty Perry pleaded innocent Tuesday to charges she failed to water her lawn and resisted arrest when an officer attempted to cite her.
Perry appeared in 4th District Court in Orem to enter her plea in a case prominent Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred described as a gross injustice.
"Today, law enforcement in Orem has enshrined itself as the laughing stock of our country by prosecuting a 70-year-old great-grandmother for allegedly not watering her lawn," Allred said. "This ill-conceived action ensures Orem's law enforcement authorities first place in the [Guinness World Records] for stupidity."
Perry's next appearance will be on Oct. 11 for a pre-trial conference.
In July, Perry was cited by Officer James Flygare of the police's Neighborhood Preservation Unit for failing to water her lawn. Perry refused to give her name to the officer and, when Flygare tried to stop her from going back inside her house, she reportedly tripped and injured her nose.
She was arrested and taken to police station but released shortly afterwards.
An investigation by the state Department of Public Safety cleared Flygare of any wrongdoing, and city officials pressed charges against Perry on the landscape violation, a class C misdemeanor, and interfering with a police officer, a class B misdemeanor.
Allred, a high-profile Los Angeles attorney who has represented the family of Nicole Brown Simpson, O.J. Simpson's murdered wife, said she was there to provide support for Perry, whose criminal defense is being handled by M. Paige Benjamin, a Provo attorney.
[email protected]

I blame Bush.

xrayzebra
09-19-2007, 09:37 AM
I blame Bush.

Why not? Sounds reasonable to me.

By the way did you read this morning his poll rating is
18 points higher than congress? (approval rating)

Which really is no bragging thing. Since his is on 29
percent and congress is 11 percent.

Wonder when that bunch in Washington will ever learn?

Oh, Gee!!
09-19-2007, 09:44 AM

Because they are all old and stubborn like you

xrayzebra
09-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Because they are all old and stubborn like you

Ahhh, how can you say that about a nice, reasonable, likable
guy like me? How can you?

fyatuk
09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Hmmm, I thought not watering a lawn would be a

Actually, it would depend on your definition of conservation. While it would indeed fall under conserving water, letting your lawn die can result in serious soil erosion and cause damage to a variety of things such as the house's foundations, trees, utility poles, sidewalks, etc. Of course, that takes years.

George Gervin's Afro
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Why not? Sounds reasonable to me.

By the way did you read this morning his poll rating is
18 points higher than congress? (approval rating)

Which really is no bragging thing. Since his is on 29
percent and congress is 11 percent.

The national survey of 1,011 likely voters, taken September 13 through September 16, found barely one-quarter of Americans, or 27 percent, believe the country is headed in the right direction. Nearly 62 percent think the country is on the wrong track.

The poll also found little confidence in U.S. foreign or economic policy, with 68 percent of Americans rating economic policy as just fair or poor and 73 percent calling foreign policy either fair or poor.

Zogby said continuing uncertainty about Iraq contributed to the bad public mood and helped push down ratings for Bush and the Democratic-controlled Congress.

"I think we are seeing an anti-institution mood here," he said. "Post-Katrina, and now with Iraq and the economy getting worse, people just don't have faith that anybody is solving their problems."

ray must have missed this part of the article... national issues are driving down ratings of both Bush and Congress however that doesn't fit into ray's template..

xrayzebra
09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
ray must have missed this part of the article... national issues are driving down ratings of both Bush and Congress however that doesn't fit into ray's template..

GGA, I should have said when will GGA ever learn to
read. And understand?

"Wonder when that bunch in Washington will ever learn?"

exstatic
09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Read another article that paints "grandma" more like a female version of Ray. :lol The reason she wasn't watering her yard is that she had the water shut off nine months ago, voluntarily. It's a program that the city offers for people who travel a lot. Oh...and she was still living there with the water off...for nine fucking months. Gross.

xrayzebra
09-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Read another article that paints "grandma" more like a female version of Ray. :lol The reason she wasn't watering her yard is that she had the water shut off nine months ago, voluntarily. It's a program that the city offers for people who travel a lot. Oh...and she was still living there with the water off...for nine fucking months. Gross.

Where did you read that?

ChumpDumper
09-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm disappointed she wasn't tasered. :downspin:

She should seriously consider xeriscaping.

clambake
09-20-2007, 11:35 AM
This wouldn't have made the news if it were a white lawn.

DarkReign
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
The blending of current news is astounding. This thread delivers.

exstatic
09-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Where did you read that?
here, at the bottom... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070919/ap_on_re_us/lousy_lawn)

Perry's water had been turned off for about nine months, at her request, although she was living at the house at the time of the arrest. Orem has a shut-off policy for people who are away for extended periods.

As I said, gross. It's not just the no bathing thing. I'm going to make everyone cringe with two words.......

NO FLUSHING.