PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Ultimate Fighter 6 Thread...

LEONARD
09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I guess we need an official thread since it starts tonight at 10:00 (CT)...

Based on the previews, it looks like they got some idiots in there this season.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gD2TZRIYBWk

Format: Tournament of 16 welterweight (170 lbs) fighters
Coaches: Matt Huges and Matt Serra. (guest coach with Hughes, Robbie Lawler)

Participants:
Matt Arroyo (2-1)
Daniel Barrera (0-0)
Blake Bowman (0-0)
Mac Danzig (16-4-1)
Paul Georgieff (7-1)
Richie Hightower (7-1)
John Koloski (8-4)
Jon Koppenhaver (4-1)
Troy Mandaloniz (2-1)
Billy Miles (2-1)
Roman Mitichyan (3-1)
Dorian Price (6-2)
Jared Rollins (4-3)
Ben Saunders (4-0-2)
Joe Scarola (3-0)
George Sotiropoulos (7-2)
Tommy Speer (7-1)

Evan
09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Please nobody post spoilers!

Some idiot did that last year and ruined it for me.

LEONARD
09-19-2007, 11:14 AM
In Defense of "The Ultimate Fighter"...
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9108

oligarchy
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
I think Danzig is probably the favorite to win it all, but isn't he a lightweight fighter? If so, I don't see him going far. George Sotiropoulos should do well and Scarola is a Serra fighter, so I think he may do well.

2centsworth
09-19-2007, 01:34 PM
the serra hughes drama alone makes it worth watching

Evan
09-19-2007, 01:52 PM
the serra hughes drama alone makes it worth watching

Totally! In all combat sports so much of that is fake but this is the real deal.

LEONARD
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I think Danzig is probably the favorite to win it all, but isn't he a lightweight fighter? If so, I don't see him going far. George Sotiropoulos should do well and Scarola is a Serra fighter, so I think he may do well.

Yea, Danzig is great but a little undersized. Don't count him out though...

Jordan Breen said that he thinks Sotiropoulos is the most talented guy on the show...

oligarchy
09-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Yea, Danzig is great but a little undersized. Don't count him out though...

Jordan Breen said that he thinks Sotiropoulos is the most talented guy on the show...
Breen would be right.. great BJJ work and pretty good standup. I can see him being a contender in the UFC.

Evan
09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Did he sound like the girl from American Pie when he said that?

Evan
09-19-2007, 02:39 PM
In Defense of "The Ultimate Fighter"...
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9108

Nice work by Jake

and props for the correct usage of Machiavellian and verboten :smokin

Evan
09-19-2007, 02:44 PM
wonder if that idiot Sherwood read it.............

Evan
09-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Show looks very season 2-ish so far

Which is a good thing!

If anyone sees any fighter blogs for the season please link them.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 08:17 AM
pretty good first episode, is it just me or does Team Hughes look stacked. Dammit Serra why did you pick your boy, he sucked!!

desflood
09-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Gotta feel for Roman, to have to leave after the first day. But :lol @ Dana White: "This kid wants to fight and he can't, and there were a bunch of other pussies whining, 'Oh, the cameras are bothering me.' 'Oh, my girlfriend's mad at me so I want to go home.'" Dana got all his digs in from the other seasons that were still bothering him and got in some good promotion for Roman at the same time.

That kid'll be fighting at the Ultimate Fighter finale for sure :lol

2centsworth
09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
good episode. Team Hughes does look stacked, but you never know.

LEONARD
09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Good episode...

I like Mac...I felt bad for him when he fought Sakurai at Pride 33. His legs took a beating in that fight...

Serra's cornering drives me crazy...I think it's just his voice...

Evan
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Hamma fist Dwago Hamma fist
Dwago! leg sweep Dwago
Oh Dwago

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Gotta feel for Roman, to have to leave after the first day. But :lol @ Dana White: "This kid wants to fight and he can't, and there were a bunch of other pussies whining, 'Oh, the cameras are bothering me.' 'Oh, my girlfriend's mad at me so I want to go home.'" Dana got all his digs in from the other seasons that were still bothering him and got in some good promotion for Roman at the same time.

That kid'll be fighting at the Ultimate Fighter finale for sure :lol

yeah that was funny, but I couldnt help but laugh when Roman was saying, im not a poosy hahah, that was funny.... IM NOT A POOOSY hahahaah

oligarchy
09-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I hate Mac Danzig. That guy annoys me. Suprisingly, he looks decent sized for being a lightweight. His big ego will crushed, hopefully. I'm pulling for the Australian (George) FTW!!

I still find it funny how Hughes told Scarola that he should tell Serra to pick him first or else he will. So, essentially Hughes got the first pick. Then Hughes picks ?!?!?! (I can't remember his name because I have never heard of this guy). Then it's also funny that he picks Danzig to take on Serra's boy.

So I was already completely wrong about Scarola going anywhere in the comp. His head is nowhere in the fighting game.

Evan
09-20-2007, 01:01 PM
I have never heard of a athlete that was a Vegan. That stunned me.

desflood
09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
How on earth do you get enough protein for decent muscle maintenance that way? Eat peanut butter three times daily?

Evan
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
How on earth do you get enough protein for decent muscle maintenance that way? Eat peanut butter three times daily?

Man thats an excellent question.

I looked it up. :reading

http://library.thinkquest.org/20922/where_nutrients.htm

" Below is a list of the most common foods vegans use to obtain essential nutrients:

Protein: Wholegrains (e.g. wholewheat flour, bread and pasta, brown rice, oats, rye), nuts (e.g. hazels, cashews, brazils, almonds), seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin), pulses (peas, beans, lentils), soya products (flour, soya milk, tofu, tempeh)"

That would get old fast. And you would have to east loads of those foods to be an athlete. And how in the world did he bulk up for this show? The only one of those that has a lot of protein is soy and have any of you eaten raw soy? Not that great! Tastes good for the first bit.

Personally I don't eat red meat very much at all. Pretty much "fish or fowl" for me. I think soon I may even cut out fowl but thats probably as far as I go.

Vegan is a crazy diet but to each their own........

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 01:20 PM

I wonder if Vegans can take supplements?

Evan
09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I wonder if Vegans can take supplements?

I guess so!

http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/

Doesn't your body need "Real food" to function at a high level? Supplements can only take you so far right?

Anyone here a gym rat?

oligarchy
09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
As you recall he was eating summus... chickpeas are a huge source of protein

Evan
09-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Hummus is great but I can't imagine eating it everyday.......ugh

By the way, did you mean Hummus? Is Summus something like it?

oligarchy
09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Hummus is great but I can't imagine eating it everyday.......ugh

By the way, did you mean Hummus? Is Summus something like it?
:lol yeah, I meant hummus. It was a typo.

Evan
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok cool. :)

I wasn't busting your b@lls or anything. I was just curious.

oligarchy
09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok cool. :)

I wasn't busting your b@lls or anything. I was just curious.
I left you a comment on your blog regarding the Hughes' blog :)

Evan
09-20-2007, 04:08 PM
awesome..hahahah

desflood
09-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Man thats an excellent question.

I looked it up. :reading

http://library.thinkquest.org/20922/where_nutrients.htm

" Below is a list of the most common foods vegans use to obtain essential nutrients:

Protein: Wholegrains (e.g. wholewheat flour, bread and pasta, brown rice, oats, rye), nuts (e.g. hazels, cashews, brazils, almonds), seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin), pulses (peas, beans, lentils), soya products (flour, soya milk, tofu, tempeh)"

That would get old fast. And you would have to east loads of those foods to be an athlete. And how in the world did he bulk up for this show? The only one of those that has a lot of protein is soy and have any of you eaten raw soy? Not that great! Tastes good for the first bit.

Vegan is a crazy diet but to each their own........
Yeah... I'm going vegetarian lately, but that offers a lot more protein options.

LEONARD
09-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Eh...not that great of a fight last night...

Dorian Price radio interview...
http://mrsunshinevegas.wordpress.com/2007/09/27/exclusive-interview-with-dorian-price-fighter-eliminated-from-episode-2-of-tuf-6/

Danzig's episode 2 diary...
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/fight-team-hughes-1852696-joey-time

LEONARD
09-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I guess the interesting piece of news to come out of the show was Hughes telling his team that he only plans on fighting 2 or 3 more times...

LEONARD
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
FINALLY...don't have see Joey whining anymore...

Danzig's Wk 3 Blog
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/font-tms-face-1877627-rmn-team

oligarchy
10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
So far the fights have been non-existent, first round give-ups.

2centsworth
10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
which team is winning? I've missed the last two episodes.

oligarchy
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Serra's team has won the last two and Hughes' team won the first fight.

2centsworth
10-04-2007, 11:42 AM
good, I'm rooting for Serra. Hughes, though one of the best fighters to ever live, is a bit on the prickish side.

Soul_Patch
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
That fight last night was horrible.

Every fight so far has been pretty much no contest.

And what is up with Dorian being such a freak show?

desflood
10-18-2007, 07:27 AM
The tofu is mine.

oligarchy
10-18-2007, 09:02 AM
This season is pretty bad. Hughes has assembled the greatest team ever. :rolleyes

LEONARD
10-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Nice KO last night...I was pulling for him... :lol

Hughes' team could win the next 3...

dallaskd
10-18-2007, 05:15 PM
I loved the fight last night. excellent JJ by paul but it was good sub defense. hell of a KO. pauls chin is shit. if he doesnt want to get hit he shouldnt be fighting. Pretty predictable fight on the ground and the stand up.

oligarchy
10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Nice KO last night...I was pulling for him... :lol

Hughes' team could win the next 3...
Serra's team has George Sotiropoulos, the guy who I predict to win it all. He isn't losing to any of Hughes' guys. I predict that Serra's team wins 2 of the next 3.

I think they are going to put Rollins vs George (victory George)
then, Barrera vs Koppenhaver (victory War Machine)
then, Speer vs Saunders (victory Speer)

I'm not sure which order the fights will happen, but assuming that they had planned on Rollins and George this past episode then I would think they would be the next fight.

dallaskd
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Damn that fight last night was sick. I had Barrera in the first 10-9, but i think Ben took it 10-8 in the second. barrera isnt very technical and kinda of odd but hey, hell of a fight, i wish it could have gone 3 rounds. great episode. a tivo for the ages. cant wait for next week.

2centsworth
10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
brutal fight. The judging was horrible. Dude I hope Serra kicks Hughes ass.

2centsworth
11-02-2007, 10:46 AM
the last fight I just saw was damn good. George just whooped the rock.

It's hilarious to see Hughes with his ego hurt. I'm thinking there's a good chance Matt Serra beats hughes.

ATRAIN
11-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Damn I really wanted to see George go up against Mac. Oh well guess that will be next round. Sera should have had Mac go up against the other guy from team Hughes!!

Avitus1
11-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I think Serra might of under estimated how good of a fighter Mac is. Next time I doubt he'll make the same mistake.

LEONARD
12-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Damn I really wanted to see George go up against Mac. Oh well guess that will be next round.

oops...

So much for Georgie...

Mac vs Tommy will be interesting...a true LW against a big WW...

Evan
12-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I thought it was a good season although not many agree with me.

Interesting fight coming up...

Evan
12-06-2007, 11:46 AM
I hate Mac Danzig. That guy annoys me.

He's an odd guy but most Vegans are. I used to work at a health food store and without question Vegans are like their own race of people with their own culture. They are very self absorbed, not in a bad way at all, just very specific about what goes into and whats around their body. Everything is very personal with them and they can come off wrong.

There was one lady that would call ahead and only come in and buy a smoothie if I made it even though I worked in the vitamin section. That’s just they way some of them are and nobody thought twice about it. One lady screamed at me one time for using a scanner to check out her purchase. Were talking a full rage here. She had dreadlocks, wore camo pants and rode a bike. Very strange lady that would never make eye contact and everyt ime she came in she mentioned how "bread was vile."

I miss working there sometimes……I was so much healthier then. Wheat grass shots and fruit for breakfast. Hormone free chicken sandwhichs with organic veggies for lunch. Everything low sodium.

Sigh….

oligarchy
12-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't think he's odd. I just don't like. He will get smashed at WW and his only hope is he is better at LW. Although, Sherk, Florian and BJ would also crush him.

"I've been doing this for seven years!" Wow. Let me find you a cookie.

Edit: Oh, I hope Speer knocks out Danzig too. Poke, Punch, Poke, Punch combo FTW!

Evan
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
He can probably hang with the B class fighters in the UFC WW.

But for Saturday, win or lose I think this is the last fight we will ever see him at WW and he will be back at LW Sunday morning.

LEONARD
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm sure when Mac got a few weeks in and realized how far ahead of most of the guys he was it was hard to NOT come off like a prick. He really was an odd pick for the show. Should've just signed him to the LW division and been done with it...

if you want to see him humbled, watch his fight with Sakurai in Pride earlier this year... :lol

oligarchy
12-06-2007, 04:17 PM
The show shouldn't have been WW anyhow. Do you they really need some scrub WW's? Geez. Mac should've been on the last show. Maybe Manny G could've worked his Lay N' Pray on Mac.

Evan
12-07-2007, 09:59 AM
He can probably hang with the B class fighters in the UFC WW.

But for Saturday, win or lose I think this is the last fight we will ever see him at WW and he will be back at LW Sunday morning.

I'm so smart

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/12/07/mac-danzig-to-drop-to-155lb-after-finale/

LEONARD
12-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm so smart

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/12/07/mac-danzig-to-drop-to-155lb-after-finale/

F'n genius!! :blah

Evan
12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Here is my cell phone number 972-787-1310

I will take any and all MMA questions between 12-3 Monday through Friday. Free of charge. This offer is open to anyone that see this.

This is a rare offer.

LEONARD
12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Sweet... :fro

and may as well give out your email... [email protected]

Evan
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
most obscure inside lame jokes for an audience of 2 but I am giggling....

ATRAIN
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Here is my cell phone number 972-787-1310

I will take any and all MMA questions between 12-3 Monday through Friday. Free of charge. This offer is open to anyone that see this.

This is a rare offer.

what if I call at 3:30 lol

Evan
12-07-2007, 11:54 AM
For you my friend, I will accept it.