PDA

View Full Version : How good are the Spurs on NBA Live?

phxspurfan
09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
...or whatever is the popular basketball video game nowdays?

I remember when I played NBA Live '95 on SNES and the Jazz were awesome, but I could still beat them with the Cavs (who were pretty bad back then). So that led me to wonder how this Spurs team was rated by the latest EA people. Are the Mavericks better in the game? How about the Suns and Heat? Just curious to hear from someone who actually has the game.

Also,

How fast is Tony Parker? Is he quicker than AI?
Is TD still the best big man, or is that Amare, Dwight Howard or someone else?
I'm sure Ginobili is great, especially as a shooter...

...oh, and do they have Spurs highlights in the opening demo?

T-Pain
09-19-2007, 07:46 PM
im sure well be sorely underrated again. i say the overall rating is 89, when we should be at least a 93.

td4mvp21
09-19-2007, 08:18 PM
NBA Live is a joke now.

saporvida
09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
it's all about 2k sports....

thekingrobert
09-19-2007, 09:11 PM
in 2k parker's overall is 90 and duncan's is 98 manu's is 87 and bowen's is 79

FalconCraft12
09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Well The new games come out OCT 2nd Nba Live and 2k8 but i got the NBA live demo on my xbox and i can play with the spurs or the cavs on this demo and they are ok i couldent see all the ratings of the teams but they have to be one of the top 3 i was actualy impressed with tim duncan could actualy shot from the top/side of the key like in real life very surprising he never could make it in the older ones...

baseline bum
09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
On NBA 2k7, Parker is completely unguardable, especially running pick and roll with Duncan. Manu isn't modeled well by the game. Aside from his face being horribly done, he's way more effective as an off the dribble shooter (way moreso than in real life) as opposed to his actual role of being penetrator and creator in the game. For some reason Barry is incredible shooting leaners, which I don't think I've ever seen Brent shoot in a real game in the black and silver. :lol

Finley is an absolutely automatic spot up shooter in 2k7, and Elson, Bonner, and Oberto might as well be Tom Copa on the game.

ducks
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
well they got tp right

phxspurfan
09-19-2007, 10:45 PM
On NBA 2k7, Parker is completely unguardable, especially running pick and roll with Duncan. Manu isn't modeled well by the game. Aside from his face being horribly done, he's way more effective as an off the dribble shooter (way moreso than in real life) as opposed to his actual role of being penetrator and creator in the game. For some reason Barry is incredible shooting leaners, which I don't think I've ever seen Brent shoot in a real game in the black and silver. :lol

Finley is an absolutely automatic spot up shooter in 2k7, and Elson, Bonner, and Oberto might as well be Tom Copa on the game.

Interesting....yeah I figured they would make Manu out to be some typical shooter-type, and not the fearless slasher/step-back jumpshooter that he really is. I guess you can't make someone split 2 defenders or dribble/bounce pass through the legs as easily in C# :]

phxspurfan
09-19-2007, 10:48 PM
im sure well be sorely underrated again. i say the overall rating is 89, when we should be at least a 93.

they probably have the "clutch-ness" factor of the team bumped up on average versus the other teams, to make up for the typical regular season trance we always fall into (which may explain the 89).

baseline bum
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Interesting....yeah I figured they would make Manu out to be some typical shooter-type, and not the fearless slasher/step-back jumpshooter that he really is. I guess you can't make someone split 2 defenders or dribble/bounce pass through the legs as easily in C# :]

C# ? Are you serious? A game as complicated as 2k7 written in an interpreted language? Say it ain't so, I don't want to live in a world without mallocs, strncpys, nor bitwise operators. :madrun

Mister Sinister
09-20-2007, 02:38 AM
I have Live 07 and 2k7. I like them both, honestly.

spurscenter
09-20-2007, 05:04 AM
2k is the best

Supreme_Being
09-20-2007, 08:15 AM
I have both but, I have to say that 27k is more realistic than the EA version. TP is lightning fast and his change layups is almost automatic and Brent Barry is funnily unstoppable when dunking, Bruce Bowen can't but gets a lot of pass interception, Manu is just an average 3pt shooter.

vingian
09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
The past three years or so, I have just automatically bought NBA Live and played them very little because I lose interest in them so fast. I'm actually skipping it this year for 2k8.

Dex
09-20-2007, 10:43 AM

Agreed for the most part, though Bonner can still surprise you. He's got the second best 3-pt percentage on the team behind Bowen, and opposing big men always sag off of him.

He still doesn't usually get more than 4-5 minutes a game for me, but he's usually good for a couple spot ups while he's in.

saporvida
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
we need to get a tally together of people who play 2k7-2k8 on xboxlive and get on it!

my handle on xboxlive is thergoodjenkin, but it will be a while before i am back on live only because my 360 crapped out on me and i have to send it back to microshit to get it fixed.

anyhow who else plays the 360 and has these games + live?

ancestron
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I play NBA live 06 online and my record is 687-54. I always use the Spurs. TP is incredibly fast and can get to the rim pretty much at will, and has an assortment of trick passes. Tim Duncan's inside scoring rating is 99 and has a sweet turnaround banker. Manu has trickshots and his ability to make baskets while getting hit in mid-air will surely make you smile if your a Spurs fan.
Finley is a mad-man, you can steal the ball pretty much at will with Bruce Bowen...etc.
I think the Spurs are the best team in the game. NBA live 07 was too slow and clunky for me. didnt play it much. the 2k games are ok, a little too cartoony for me, and the pace is too slow. NBA Live 06 on PS2 is the best basketball video game I've played. The Spurs overall ranking I think is 89, which it pretty much always is.