PDA

View Full Version : I know its early but.......

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 08:22 AM
What position would you like your team to touch on in the first 2 rounds of the 08 draft?

Texans - I would like them to draft either a stud O-lineman, or CB.

2nd round would be nice to get a FS or SS

shyne
09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
What position would you like your team to touch on in the first 2 rounds of the 08 draft?

Texans - I would like them to draft either a stud O-lineman, or CB.

2nd round would be nice to get a FS or SS

We don't have a second rounder next year.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
We don't have a second rounder next year.

Well its not too late we could acquire one through a trade

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Either two CBs or a CB in the 1st and a MLB in the 2nd....

shyne
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
The Texans need to get the best free safety on the board, CC brown and Glen Earl aint gonna cut it.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 10:27 AM
The Texans need to get the best free safety on the board, CC brown and Glen Earl aint gonna cut it.

CC is desent at best, but yes I agree

shyne
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
CC can hit but he cant cover shit, same with earl.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
CC can hit but he cant cover shit, same with earl.

Yeah, plus we could use another Corner, I still can't believe what we gave up for Buchannan. He was such a POS!!

monosylab1k
09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Patriots still need alot of help on defense. We need another safety since Rodney Harrison is an injury prone idiot, and I wouldn't mind seeing them just dump his stupid ass. Samuel/Hobbs/Gay are nice CB's but we could still do better there too.

They also need LB help cuz Bruschi, Vrabel, and Seau are all old as shit.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Patriots still need alot of help on defense. We need another safety since Rodney Harrison is an injury prone idiot, and I wouldn't mind seeing them just dump his stupid ass. Samuel/Hobbs/Gay are nice CB's but we could still do better there too.

are you guys even getting picks hahahha?

shyne
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
I wish the Texans could get Samuel, hes a badass. They will have the money this offseason but prolly wont blow their load on one player.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I wish the Texans could get Samuel, hes a badass. They will have the money this offseason but prolly wont blow their load on one player.

Is he going to be a free agent?

monosylab1k
09-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Is he going to be a free agent?
yeah he got franchised this year. NE is looking to sign him long term but don't really want to pay him "shutdown corner" money.

He's not Champ Bailey but he's a damn good corner. I'd say he's pretty close to Terrence Newman's level.

stretch
09-20-2007, 11:27 AM
yeah he got franchised this year. NE is looking to sign him long term but don't really want to pay him "shutdown corner" money.

He's not Champ Bailey but he's a damn good corner. I'd say he's pretty close to Terrence Newman's level.
I disagree. Give me Newman anyday. He is arguably the most underrated player in the NFL (who unfortunately plays alongside the most overrated player in the NFL in Roy Williams). IMO, the only CB in the league that is obviously better than him is Champ Bailey. I really can't think of any other CB in the league that I would take over him. Samuel is not even close to Newman's level.

O-Factor
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Jeez, talk about premature ejaculation spewing out of the tread starters mouth....anyway, Newman doesn't get stats because nobody throws his way. Over the past 2 seasons, he's only given up 2 td's. He's gone up against some of the best. Steve Smith twice the last 2 seasons and held him to 18 and 55 yards respectively. Kept Marvin Harrison out of the endzone, just to name some notables.

ATRAIN
09-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Jeez, talk about premature ejaculation spewing out of the tread starters mouth....anyway, Newman doesn't get stats because nobody throws his way. Over the past 2 seasons, he's only given up 2 td's. He's gone up against some of the best. Steve Smith twice the last 2 seasons and held him to 18 and 55 yards respectively. Kept Marvin Harrison out of the endzone, just to name some notables.

I always thought it was funny when someone complains about a thread and then posts in there!! Makes you look like a douche!!

sa_butta
09-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Dolphins need O-line very badly as well as improve the secondary.

I would like to see us get a top DB in the 1st round and OL in the 2nd.

We are about 4-5 drafts away from even being a contender. And by that time
there will be more positions to address with the aging D. It is very frustrating to
be a Dolphins fan right now.

T Park
09-20-2007, 05:04 PM
For the Rams?

defense defense defense, but might have to consider a good offensive lineman, Orlando Pace is shot.

K-State Spur
09-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Depending on free agency, Washington will likely be looking at D-Line, WR, and possibly O-Line depth.

TheZackAttack!
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I always thought it was funny when someone complains about a thread and then posts in there!! Makes you look like a douche!!

LOL

vander
09-20-2007, 07:37 PM

yeah the pats are in dire straits :rolleyes

Chargers need to trade their first and second round picks for a competent coach, AJ is better at finding talent in rounds 4-7 anyways.

O-Factor
09-20-2007, 08:37 PM

No, what makes you look like a douche is being ignorant about your teams draft picks. Im not even a texan fan and even I know they don't own a second round pick this year. Know your shit before you post. Makes you look dumb. And I didn't comment on the threads intended subject matter. Somehow the thread strayed and I commented on Newman and his abilities as a corner.

ATRAIN
09-21-2007, 08:56 AM
No, what makes you look like a douche is being ignorant about your teams draft picks. Im not even a texan fan and even I know they don't own a second round pick this year. Know your shit before you post. Makes you look dumb. And I didn't comment on the threads intended subject matter. Somehow the thread strayed and I commented on Newman and his abilities as a corner.

I knew but if you read on you would see that I said its not too late to acquire a 2nd round pick, you never know what kind of trades we can get.

J.T.
09-21-2007, 09:17 AM
I think the Colts are set on both sides of the ball, they could beef up the secondary by trading a pick or two for some upgrades, but I think they're set on letting their young guys develop. As usual they'll probably draft to fill positions that they know they'll be losing starters to free agency. The Colts system is built around anyone being able to come in and fill a role so they let FAs walk if they get a better offer from another team. I'd like to see them go after Asante Samuel, my Pats friend said he's a FA after this year. I could just see the backlash from Pats fans if we took Vinatieri and then Samuel :lol But the Colts don't really go after big name FAs, unless it's someone like Adam Vinatieri. I wouldn't count on them going further than talking to Samuel about it. Irsay will probably pay someone an insane amount of money like he did Freeney ($72 mil and 0 sacks thru 2 games, wtf?)

I guess the biggest need for the team right now is some depth at linebacker, can't really put your hopes on Rob Morris at SAM. Brackett's pretty good and Keiaho's young with potential, but he's hurt right now and don't know how long he will be out.

If Kenton Keith doesn't work out at running back, they could look for another RB so that they could go back to a 2RB offense like last year. He's definitely a question mark since he's only played in the CFL before this year.