PDA

View Full Version : Thompson "can't speak his way out of a paper bag"

Oh, Gee!!
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
.....according to James Dobson.

DENVER — James Dobson, one of the nation's most politically influential evangelical Christians, made it clear in a message to friends this week he will not support Republican presidential hopeful Fred Thompson.

In a private e-mail obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, Dobson accuses the former Tennessee senator and actor of being weak on the campaign trail and wrong on issues dear to social conservatives.

"Isn't Thompson the candidate who is opposed to a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage, believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S., favors McCain-Feingold, won't talk at all about what he believes, and can't speak his way out of a paper bag on the campaign trail?" Dobson wrote.

"He has no passion, no zeal, and no apparent 'want to.' And yet he is apparently the Great Hope that burns in the breasts of many conservative Christians? Well, not for me, my brothers. Not for me!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070919/dobson-thompson/

clambake
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
hmmm, evangelical leaders pissing on thompson. that means fred can't be all bad. i should take a closer look.

Nbadan
09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Thompson is a lazy campaigner and is wrong on most issues....but his wife is hot.....

clambake
09-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Thompson is a lazy campaigner and is wrong on most issues....but his wife is hot.....
already better than what we got now

Nbadan
09-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I think that if it came down to the convention, Obama would win the nominaton just on his presentation alone....but the wing-nut media is hard at work implanting the idea in the sheeple's minds that Hitlary has already won the Demo nomination...basically handing her a lot of undecided voters and the southern Republican dis-enfranchised voter.....

Holt's Cat
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
So the Clintons aren't popular in their own party?

DarkReign
09-20-2007, 05:55 PM
So the Clintons aren't popular in their own party?

Say it isnt so.

exstatic
09-20-2007, 09:34 PM
It's funny, because Dobson was all over Dubyah's dick, and he can't talk his way out of a paper bag, either. Definitely a case where the ol' ad hominem attack drowns out his message, which is "Fred ain't Fundamentalist enough for us".

Nbadan
09-21-2007, 12:04 AM
......Huckabee or Thompson....Brownback or Thompson.....it's not hard to imagine where Dobson's loyalty will lie...