PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Things I Look Forward To/Don't Look Forward To

SpursDynasty
09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
With 40 days left until opening night, here are the things I'm most looking forward to, in no particular order:

1. Boston vs. SA: The two best teams in the NBA. KG vs. Duncan, Ray Allen vs. Bruce Bowen. Doesn't get any better than that. The Spurs have some legitimate competition on their hands when they play Boston in the NBA Finals 2008.

2. Kevin Durant - Like a high draft pick should do (who places expectations on season ticket holders), he has taken care of himself and we will get to see the probable ROTY bring Seattle out of the dumps.

3. Golden State vs. Dallas - Jason Richardson is gone. But it'll be fun to watch Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Barnes, and Biedrins continue to frustrate Dallas. Golden State is the most explosive team in the league, and Dallas is intimidated by it.

4. Spurs getting their well-deserved Rings. The game after that though, not so much.

5. Phoenix vs. SA - Phoenix will try to make up for their 3rd series loss to SA in 5 seasons by trying to dunk and jump shoot on us. It'll be fun to watch the Spurs go out there and shut the Suns the hell down.

Here are the things that I least look forward to:

1. Dirk and Amare coming out and saying how all they can think about is winning the championship. Everyone wants to win it, not just you two. And you're not entitled to it, like you think you are. No one gets it by just wanting it. You have to be good enough and you're not.

2. The horrible ABC Christmas Doubleheader on ABC. Miami vs. Cleveland: Two teams that got swept out of the 2007 playoffs. Enough said. We also have the most one-sided athletic game in the history of the universe: Phoenix vs. LA. Zzz. Also, Seattle vs. Portland? Durant will be a great player, but not even the best rookies deserve the spotlight when they're not even halfway through their first season. Besides, who on Portland is worth watching on Christmas? Even if they had Oden, the answer is still no one.

3. Pretty much any Eastern Conference game except when Boston plays SA.

4. The Spurs vs. Portland on opening night: You could've picked Boston, Phoenix, you know..a game that would be interesting vs. the Spurs...but no, we have to face the Portland Failblazers. Even with Greg Oden this game would be pointless to have on national television on opening night.

5. When intriguing matchups can only be seen on NBA TV. Not everyone has NBA TV. Save NBA TV for Eastern Conf. games.

Kyle Smith
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm so stoked to see Boston in action. I'm no expert, but I'm hoping for a Celtics/Spurs finals this year. How much fun would that be?

lefty
09-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Looking forward to :

Spurs champs
Spurs champs
Spurs Champs
Spurs champs
Spurs champs

Not LFT :

Who cares

monosylab1k
09-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm looking forward to the next Josh Daniels Band gig.

mavs>spurs2
09-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm looking forward to all the mass suicides when the Spurs fail to repeat

Spurs>All
09-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Repeat, now there's a word the Mavs have no concept of whatsoever. See, you have to actually win one to even think about repeating.

Shred
09-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I thought I was going to see something about the refs NOT being on the take, and you know--the Spurs actually winning a legit title--but I guess I was wrong.

Findog
09-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm looking forward to the next Josh Daniels Band gig.

I'm not gay, but that dreamy Josh Daniels could sure make a guy curious, could he not?

Things I'm looking forward to:

- Good teams beating lesser teams they're supposed to beat. I don't like surprises.

- Spurs dropping a road game in Milwaukee on the second night of a back-to-back, followed by 28 "Fire Pop!" threads.

- Luis Scola averaging 9.7 points and 8 rebounds per game, and the continued caterwauling by Spurs fans over trading the GOAT to Houston.

- da_suns_fan's erudite and sophisticated takes on the aesthetic shortcomings of Spurs basketball, as well as the importance of Nielsen ratings.

- more and more dynasties: Welcome to our newest, drumsdynasty.

Things I'm not looking forward to:

- the 82 games and 6 months from opening night until the playoffs

- self-aggrandizing masturbation on freedarko.

SpursDynasty
09-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Phoenix and Dallas are non-factors. They may win 60 or whatever, but I don't see either one of them advancing past the 2nd round. The Spurs, like they are supposed to, will easily slide to a 5th championship.

baseline bum
09-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what Boston can do, what Phoenix will look like with Grant Hill, whether Stoudemire can reach his 04-05 level, where Kobe gets traded, Durant thrown into the fire as the man, Denver with a full season of Iverson and Anthony together, a healthy Miami and lots of Dwayne Wade on tv, Deron Williams and Chris Paul, TMac and Yao (hopefully healthy) playing for a coach who knows offense, Dirk's jumper, Kobe's circus shots, Nash and Stoudemire on the pick and roll, the Spurs and Mavs matchups, Manu Ginobili in the fourth quarter, Tony Parker's continued progression, and most of all, another year of being able to watch Tim Duncan.

The things I'm not looking forward to: team X's fans talking shit when their team gets off hot before February, shitty Lakers games on national tv, Kobe Bryant continually throwing Andrew Bynum under the bus to the media, seeing Greg Oden in street clothes on the Portland bench, the Supersonics impending move, Shawn Marion acting like he's freaking Larry Bird, Golden State falling to earth after dumping JRich, and a Clippers season with no Elton Brand nor Shaun Livingston.

Findog
09-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Phoenix and Dallas are non-factors. They may win 60 or whatever, but I don't see either one of them advancing past the 2nd round. The Spurs, like they are supposed to, will easily slide to a 5th championship.

The Josh Daniels Band would be a non-factor without their drummer dynamo. Fortunately, they have the greatest percussionist since Jon Bonham back there.

Kyle Smith
09-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm looking forward to all the mass suicides when the Spurs fail to repeat

lmfao.

Switchman
09-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm looking forward to the excuses and shit-talking people will have when/if the Spurs finally repeat.

duncan228
09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
...and most of all, another year of being able to watch Tim Duncan.

That does it for me.

Cry Havoc
09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
another year of being able to watch Tim Duncan.

This.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Lets see...the Spurs:

1) Have a boring reputation
2) Are coming off the least watched NBA finals of all time.

Yet SpursDynasty claims that it doesn't get any better than Boston vs. Spurs? How bout Boston vs. ANYBODY?! At least we might get scores in the 90s or higher.

What were the BEST games in the NBA last year?

1) Phoenix vs. Dallas III (maybe the best game the NBA has had in YEARS)
2) Phoenix vs. New Jersey II
3) Phoenix vs. Washington I
4) Phoenix vs. Dallas II
5) Houston vs. L.A. III (I think)
6) Washington vs. L.A. I
7) Dallas vs. Chicago (in Chicago)

The only San Antonio games I consider "memorable" were the Lakers vs. Spurs because Kobe got in trouble for nailing Ginobili and the Dallas Vs. San Antonio game where Duncan was kicked out for laughing like an idiot.

Seriously...do you think anyone could possible look at a San Antonio vs. Washington matchup and think...oooooh....good game!

Of course not.

Substitue 25-26 other NBA teams for Washington and you get the same answer.

But the Suns vs. ANYBODY has the potential to be a classic. Just look at Phoenix vs. New Jersey!

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Feel free to add to my list...what were the best games of last season....surely there must be a Spurs game that was somewhat decent right?

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Lets see...the Spurs:

Yet SpursDynasty claims that it doesn't get any better than Boston vs. Spurs? How bout Boston vs. ANYBODY?! At least we might get scores in the 90s or higher.

4) Phoenix vs. Dallas II
6) Washington vs. L.A. I

The only San Antonio games I consider "memorable" were the Lakers vs. Spurs because Kobe got in trouble for nailing Ginobili and the Dallas Vs. San Antonio game where Duncan was kicked out for laughing like an idiot.

Seriously...do you think anyone could possible look at a San Antonio vs. Washington matchup and think...oooooh....good game!

Of course not.

But the Suns vs. ANYBODY has the potential to be a classic. Just look at Phoenix vs. New Jersey!

If you're thinking the Phoenix Suns are the most exciting team in the NBA you're wrong and cliche. Once the world got to see the Warriors with them making the playoffs, and seeing them on national TV, it's very clear who the most explosive team in the NBA really is. And the reason those games up there were the "most interesting" is because they were all jump shooting contests.

Oh, Gee!!
09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Phoenix and Dallas are non-factors. They may win 60 or whatever, but I don't see either one of them advancing past the 2nd round.

that is a stupid statement...even for you

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 10:28 AM
that is a stupid statement...even for you

How is it stupid?

Dallas won 67 - Eliminated in 1st round
Phoenix won 61 - Eliminated in 2nd round

Both were non-factors last year. The top three teams were SA, Utah, and Detroit.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 10:29 AM
If you're thinking the Phoenix Suns are the most exciting team in the NBA you're wrong and cliche. Once the world got to see the Warriors with them making the playoffs, and seeing them on national TV, it's very clear who the most explosive team in the NBA really is. And the reason those games up there were the "most interesting" is because they were all jump shooting contests.

Woah woah....I thought all the Suns did was run and dunk? Now they can shoot too? :lol :lol

bdubya
09-21-2007, 10:35 AM
1) The MOTO gig tonight
www.myspace.com/moto (NSFW)
2) the Peelers gig tomorrow
www.thepeelers.net
3) the weeping of Celts fans after <50 wins and a second-round exit

Findog
09-21-2007, 10:36 AM
SpursDynasty vs. da_suns_fan.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!

Reggie Miller
09-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not gay, but that dreamy Josh Daniels could sure make a guy curious, could he not?

Things I'm looking forward to:

- Good teams beating lesser teams they're supposed to beat. I don't like surprises.

- Spurs dropping a road game in Milwaukee on the second night of a back-to-back, followed by 28 "Fire Pop!" threads.

- Luis Scola averaging 9.7 points and 8 rebounds per game, and the continued caterwauling by Spurs fans over trading the GOAT to Houston.

- da_suns_fan's erudite and sophisticated takes on the aesthetic shortcomings of Spurs basketball, as well as the importance of Nielsen ratings.

- more and more dynasties: Welcome to our newest, drumsdynasty.

Things I'm not looking forward to:

- the 82 games and 6 months from opening night until the playoffs

- self-aggrandizing masturbation on freedarko.

As usual, we are more or less on the same page. I have two other "Not Looking Forward to..." items:

4. The continuing disintegration of the mighty Pacers franchise.

5. Self-aggrandizing masturbation on AOL NBA Fanhouse (same offenders as Freedarko).

I really wanted to help drumsdynasty out, but I can barely tell a Zildjian from a Paiste. (Actually, I just read the cymbal, but you get my drift.)

Switchman
09-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Lets see...the Spurs:

4) Phoenix vs. Dallas II
6) Washington vs. L.A. I

Of course not.

Ah. So that's what you guys look back on...

Regular season games? We talkin' bout regular season games? Spurs leave behind a legacy. Suns leave behind regular season games. Sure you will say a legacy no one cares about. But nonetheless, that tree in the forest that no one hears falling is STILL keeping your Suns from ever getting a ring.

hahahaha shit. That must suck. Good to see you guys making use of those lemons though. :toast

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 10:45 AM
SpursDynasty vs. da_suns_fan.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!
SpursDynasty brandishes his special engraved Josh Daniels Band drumsticks for this fight.

da_suns_fan makes a baton out of rolled up Eva posters and Sun fan bitterness.

LET'S GET IT ON!

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 10:50 AM
News Flash: I'm not the drummer for Josh Daniels.

I'd hate to ruin all the fun though, but I'm just not him.

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
why deny it? why not use your celebrity status at SpursTalk to promote your gigs? You guys could be doing Austin Kiddie Limits next year. After that, the sky's the limit.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
WORST game of the season last year:

http://www.nba.com/games/20070612/SASCLE/gameinfo.html

And Spurs fans say that their team USED to be boring, but not NOW!!!! :rolleyes

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Honorable mentions:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270305012

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=261129026

Findog
09-21-2007, 11:09 AM
As usual, we are more or less on the same page. I have two other "Not Looking Forward to..." items:

4. The continuing disintegration of the mighty Pacers franchise.

5. Self-aggrandizing masturbation on AOL NBA Fanhouse (same offenders as Freedarko).

I really wanted to help drumsdynasty out, but I can barely tell a Zildjian from a Paiste. (Actually, I just read the cymbal, but you get my drift.)

Yeah, somebody asked Mark Stein about freedarko, and he was like "yeah, I checked it out. Half the time I can't tell what they're talking about." They and AOLFanhouse really screwed things up with their "Cornerstone" series. Don't know if you had a chance to see it.

I like Jim O'Brien, he will make them play hard. As good as I think I have it as a Mavs fan right now, Indiana is the cautionary tale that it can all fall apart rather quickly.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 11:09 AM
From the Associated Press report the San Antonio/Cleveland Stink bomb:

Substance over style. That's the San Antonio way.

The grind-it-out game tied for the second-fewest points in NBA finals history, matching San Antonio's 80-67 win over the New York Knicks in 1999.

Here's where Spurs fans claim the AP is biased against the Spurs.

Findog
09-21-2007, 11:10 AM
News Flash: I'm not the drummer for Josh Daniels.

I'd hate to ruin all the fun though, but I'm just not him.

And by "I'm not the drummer for the Josh Daniels Band," what SpursDynasty really means is "Am I the drummer for the JDB? Absolutely I am."

Findog
09-21-2007, 11:13 AM
From the Associated Press report the San Antonio/Cleveland Stink bomb:

Here's where Spurs fans claim the AP is biased against the Spurs.

Awesome, we didn't even have to wait until November for such sharp and incisive commentary. You've played us all for fools, da_suns_fan, and I salute you. All this time we thought you were a resident of that parched desert and you bleed purple and orange, and as it turns out, you're a Spurs fan that loves the black and silver and gets his jollies satirizing bitter Suns trolls. Kudos, you had us fooled!

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I really think that the NBA should go to American Idol format -- have judges decide which 16 teams should qualify for the playoffs, based primarily on the excitement of the games played, and then have fans vote on which teams they'd most like to see play each other in the successive rounds. That way, da_suns_fan's dream of having excitement count for anything could be accomplished while simultaneously ensuring that substance will virtually never beat out style. It would be ratings gold -- and the Suns might actually have a chance to win something (at least until the Chinese and the Argentines start voting for the Rockets).

Findog
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I really think that the NBA should go to American Idol format -- have judges decide which 16 teams should qualify for the playoffs, based primarily on the excitement of the games played, and then have fans vote on which teams they'd most like to see play each other in the successive rounds. That way, da_suns_fan's dream of having excitement count for anything could be accomplished while simultaneously ensuring that substance will virtually never beat out style. It would be ratings gold -- and the Suns might actually have a chance to win something (at least until the Chinese and the Argentines start voting for the Rockets).

The Spurs would win that one too, because da_closet_spurs_fan would vote for the silver and black.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM

Say what you will...but the Bulls weren't boring. The Showtime Lakers weren't boring. The Celtics weren't boring. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers werent' boring. The Heat weren't boring.

Did any of those teams lack "substance"?

Are we to believe that our only options are Spurs or "And 1" basketball?

Its up to the Suns to save our league.

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
If you ask me, I think the Suns and Mavs are boring.

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Nothing is as exciting as the blues-flavored rock of JDB.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 11:22 AM

That would explain why you followed the Lakers/Suns Christmas Day game with "Zzzzzz".

This is even after those two teams gave one of the most memorable playoff series of all time in 2006.

SpursDynasty, what else do you enjoy?

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 11:24 AM
the drums, a nice glass of scotch, and of course....Baxter.

stretch
09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
The spurs are flukes. The title belonged to Dallas last year. The reasoning is explained fully in this thread.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75958

Prepare for a repeat by Dallas (of course with some fluky losses that are really wins).

stretch
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Can't we keep this discussion basketball related?

Drummers are flukes.

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Its up to the Suns to save our league.

They might start by winning a meaningful playoff series first. Of course, until they do that, they'll always be labeled style over substance.

Frankly, I'm content with enjoying the quiet dominance of Tim Duncan and watching the boring Spurs continuing to be the dominant force in the league during this era. And since the league isn't on the verge of collapse -- particularly given the ever-growing TV contract that the league recently entered into with ABC/ESPN/TNT and the monsterous jumps in merchandising revenue that the league realizes annually -- I'm sure that the Spurs aren't going to be the end of basketball, despite the Chicken Little rantings of Suns fans.

stretch
09-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I see Tim Duncan possibly being a big factor for the Spurs this year. Look for him average double digits in points this year.
Fuck you. You are a fluke. Tim Duncan is a fluke too. He just got fluky wins with guys like Avery Johnson and Steve Kerr carrying him.

Findog
09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
That would explain why you followed the Lakers/Suns Christmas Day game with "Zzzzzz".

This is even after those two teams gave one of the most memorable playoff series of all time in 2006.

Spurs/Mavs was far more exciting and entertaining than Suns/Mavs. For one thing, the Spurs were a much better team and put up more of a fight than the Suns. Overtime in Game 7 versus a home team getting eliminated on its own floor in Game 6. You make the call.

SpursDynasty enjoys laying it down with the JDB, if you must know.

Findog
09-21-2007, 11:37 AM

I have a feeling this thread is about to escalate, I mean really get out of hand.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to:
1. Spurs vs. Phoenix- The games are usually pretty good ones. High stakes, contrast in styles, etc.
2. Spurs vs. Dallas- Less of a contrast in styles, but two very good teams with a lot of recent history.
3. Watching the bandwagon fans of Houston try to figure out which wagon they should be on in a few months. Texans or Rockets? Rockets or Texans? And then watching them jump off both of them when they lose.
4. The circus that is the New York Knicks.
5. TNT NBA coverage.

Not Looking Forward To:
1. Media and Troll Coverage of Spurs vs. Phoenix- I'll put my rough estimate on the amount of times the terms "controversial", "unfair suspension", "Donaghy", and "Scandal" will come up at 3 million.
2. Media and Troll Coverage of Spurs vs. Dallas- I'm really more worried about certain Spurs clowns making this one harder to enjoy. Though I'm sure there will be no shortage of folks reminding us that the last team to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series was the Mavs.
3. Kobe's Drama-It will happen. A lot. And we'll have to hear it all over every friggin' day. When he says something whiny we'll hear about it. On days where he isn't whiny he'll drop 40 and ESPN will cover the game for 5 seconds and spend 45 more talking about the last thing he got whiny about.
4. The Eastern Conference- Do we really need this thing anymore? Give them a year off.
5. The All Star Weekend-Every year brings the hope that it will be the last.

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Suns and Lakers series (which the Lakers should have won, by the way) was a great series in 2006. By 2007, it was the most horrible thing on the face of the earth to watch.

Here are my new standings predictions for the West:

1. Spurs 65-17
2. Jazz 59-23
3. Mavericks 55-27
4. Suns 50-32
5. Warriors 50-32 (hold tiebreaker over Phoenix)
6. Lakers 47-35
7. Nuggets 45-37
8. Rockets 44-38

stretch
09-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Suns and Lakers series (which the Lakers should have won, by the way) was a great series in 2006. By 2007, it was the most horrible thing on the face of the earth to watch.

1. Spurs 65-17
2. Jazz 59-23
3. Mavericks 55-27
4. Suns 50-32
6. Lakers 47-35
7. Nuggets 45-37
8. Rockets 44-38
Wow. Previously you didn't even have the Mavs or Suns in the playoffs. I guess they fluked their way in this time, eh?

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 12:38 PM
You're on crack if you think the Spurs are going to win 65 games. Pop and the boys will give away at least 5 games that they should win by limiting minutes and tinkering with groups and sets. To win 65, Pop owould have to burn out the starters and I can't see him doing that -- particularly not in an effort to finish 6 games up in the conference or 10 games up in the division.

You're even crazier if you think Utah is good enough to make an 8 game jump from 51 to 59. That's a monsterous leap.

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Also, if the Warriors hold the tiebreaker over the Suns, they'd have to be the 4 seed, not the 5. If they're the best Pacific teams and have the same record, then the team holding the tiebreaker has to be the better seed -- that would be true even if they weren't in the same division, though.

Findog
09-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Also, if the Warriors hold the tiebreaker over the Suns, they'd have to be the 4 seed, not the 5. If they're the best Pacific teams and have the same record, then the team holding the tiebreaker has to be the better seed -- that would be true even if they weren't in the same division, though.

There you go again, using logic and facts. Don't confuse SpursDynasty.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Lets see....Suns vs. Lakers had:

1) The Kobe Dunk over Nash
2) Kobe Shot to tie game 4 at the end of regulation
3) Kobe fadeaway to win game 4 in overtime
4) Raja's clotheline of Kobe.
5) The Tim Thomas three pointer.

What I remember from Spurs vs Mavs:
1) Ginobili foul
2) Someone punching someone else in the balls.

Am I forgetting something?

Reggie Miller
09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, somebody asked Mark Stein about freedarko, and he was like "yeah, I checked it out. Half the time I can't tell what they're talking about." They and AOLFanhouse really screwed things up with their "Cornerstone" series. Don't know if you had a chance to see it.

I like Jim O'Brien, he will make them play hard. As good as I think I have it as a Mavs fan right now, Indiana is the cautionary tale that it can all fall apart rather quickly.

The really frustating aspect of the entire Pacers fiasco is that Indiana was the "almost" team of the '90s. They were never quite good enough to get past either Jordan or Shaq. The team had a little lull for a season or two, but began building steam again in 2002-2003. (Recall, this was the team that received the "model small market franchise" accolades before San Antonio rightfully supplanted them.) A few ill-advised moves and off-court incidents later, and we are now looking like the Timberwolves East.

At the time, I saw this happening and said, "Well, this is the beginning of the end." I began saying that as early as the night of the Auburn Hills brawl. I really began annoying people with my gloom and doom when Miller retired. Still, somehow it is also mystifying and very sudden.

That "Cornerstone" series was one of the worst, if not the absolute worst, features I have ever seen on a major internet site. I don't even know where to begin, since apparently, the authors didn't either. [Rimshot on snare]

Thank you, and be sure to tip your waitress. Texas audiences are the greatest audiences in the world!

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 12:58 PM

1) Ginobili foul

You're forgetting a great deal -- though I suspect we're treading into unwitting revelations about your basketball i.q. and things of that nature.

I'm not sure how a few isolated incidents like that can top a series in which two 60-win teams competed ferociously against each other to the tune of two overtime games (Games 4 and 7), including an overtime Game 7, AND three other games (Games 1, 3, and 5) decided by two points or less.

Here's one in terms that you might understand, too: the Mavs/Spurs series in 2006 had 3 games in which both teams scored more than 100 points; the Lakers/Suns series that year had 2.

Of course, understanding why that was a great series would take some understanding of the difference between great basketball and great moments -- one makes a series great; the other creates a singular memory.

Reggie Miller
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Looking forward to:
1. Spurs vs. Phoenix- The games are usually pretty good ones. High stakes, contrast in styles, etc.
2. Spurs vs. Dallas- Less of a contrast in styles, but two very good teams with a lot of recent history.
3. Watching the bandwagon fans of Houston try to figure out which wagon they should be on in a few months. Texans or Rockets? Rockets or Texans? And then watching them jump off both of them when they lose.
4. The circus that is the New York Knicks.
5. TNT NBA coverage.

Not Looking Forward To:
1. Media and Troll Coverage of Spurs vs. Phoenix- I'll put my rough estimate on the amount of times the terms "controversial", "unfair suspension", "Donaghy", and "Scandal" will come up at 3 million.
2. Media and Troll Coverage of Spurs vs. Dallas- I'm really more worried about certain Spurs clowns making this one harder to enjoy. Though I'm sure there will be no shortage of folks reminding us that the last team to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series was the Mavs.
3. Kobe's Drama-It will happen. A lot. And we'll have to hear it all over every friggin' day. When he says something whiny we'll hear about it. On days where he isn't whiny he'll drop 40 and ESPN will cover the game for 5 seconds and spend 45 more talking about the last thing he got whiny about.
4. The Eastern Conference- Do we really need this thing anymore? Give them a year off.
5. The All Star Weekend-Every year brings the hope that it will be the last.

I should have given this some more thought. I too am both loving and hating the soap operas that will be your 2007-2008 Knicks and Lakers. Loving their misery. Hating the unending, mind-numbing coverage of non-events.

I think the entire Eastern Conference should be forced to watch Hoosiers 3-4 times and then write a 10,000 word critical essay on the basketball philosophy of Coach Norman Dale. I'm not sure if the players will actually benefit, but I'm sure we would all get a big kick out of reading the essays...

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
You're forgetting a great deal -- though I suspect we're treading into unwitting revelations about your basketball i.q. and things of that nature.

I'm not sure how a few isolated incidents like that can top a series in which two 60-win teams competed ferociously against each other to the tune of two overtime games (Games 4 and 7), including an overtime Game 7, AND three other games (Games 1, 3, and 5) decided by two points or less.

Here's one in terms that you might understand, too: the Mavs/Spurs series in 2006 had 3 games in which both teams scored more than 100 points; the Lakers/Suns series that year had 2.

Of course, understanding why that was a great series would take some understanding of the difference between great basketball and great moments -- one makes a series great; the other creates a singular memory.

The Suns vs. Lakers was also an extremely emotional, hard-fought basketball series. But thats nothing new...these happen all the time in the playoffs. But the TRULY great series are the ones that forever instill themselves in our memories.

Mavs vs. Spurs was completely forgettable.

Remember Lakers vs. Blazers 2000? Or Lakers vs. Kings 2002?

Now look again at Mavs vs. Spurs 2006.

Are you serious?

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 01:26 PM

To you, perhaps -- not to most of those who bothered to watch it.

Are you serious?

Absolutely. I think Mavs/Spurs 2006 was truly among the great playoff series in recent memory and perhaps among the greatest of all-time. It would have been even better if it had been in a Conference Finals, of course, but it was so good that it forced a change in seeding rules. Hard to say that it didn't have an impact.

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 01:28 PM

1) The Bad Defense Phoenix Played
2) Even More Bad Defense By Phoenix
3) Nonstop Bad Defense from Phoenix
4) Phoenix's resident douchebag assaulting another player cuz he's pissed about how shitty the Suns are at defense.
5) Something nobody cares about

duncan228
09-21-2007, 01:46 PM
I think Mavs/Spurs 2006 was truly among the great playoff series in recent memory and perhaps among the greatest of all-time. It would have been even better if it had been in a Conference Finals, of course, but it was so good that it forced a change in seeding rules. Hard to say that it didn't have an impact.

Agreed.

Even Duncan said it was the best series he's ever played in.

As a Spurs fan, I would have preferred a different outcome but there's no denying that it was an intense series.

Any true NBA basketball fan would have to agree. It doesn't matter whether you're a fan of either team or niether team. It was a great series.

Findog
09-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Spurs-Mavs 06 is definitely up there for among the greatest series of all-time. If you argue otherwise, you're disengenuous or you don't know what great basketball is aside from SportsCenter highlights.

stretch
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
The Suns vs. Lakers was also an extremely emotional, hard-fought basketball series. But thats nothing new...these happen all the time in the playoffs. But the TRULY great series are the ones that forever instill themselves in our memories.

Are you serious?
Are you retarded?

Spurs vs. Mavs was a VERY emotional, hard fought series. Perhaps you forgot this was the very season after Michael Finley got dumped by the Mavericks after years of working his ass of for them to win a title, and then faced them in the playoffs the very next year. The fact that Finley and Terry were teammates, and Terry punched him in the groin. The fact that the Mavs and Spurs have had a long-time rivalry, in which the Spurs were constantly ahead of the Mavericks, and the Mavericks finally beat them, in an OT game, on the road. The fact that the Mavericks had a 3-1 series lead, and the Spurs came back and made it a great series. Michael Finley having monsterous dunks on his former team, and hitting a huge three as his team was battling back in game 7, and then the Manu Ginobili three at home in a very intense arena that would pretty much have ended the game for any other team, especially after making a comeback the way they did, and then for the Mavericks to find a way to get it to OT and have the balls to finish them off. The incredible performances game after game by Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki. The ridiculous shot by Jason Terry over Tim Duncan as the shot clock expired. Bruce Bowen's block on Dirk. The entire series was loaded with emotion and intensity between these two teams.

There were far more memorable moments in that series than you give it credit for having, which years from now will definitely be looked at as one of the greatest playoff series of all time.

Findog
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Are you retarded?

Spurs vs. Mavs was a VERY emotional, hard fought series. Perhaps you forgot this was the very season after Michael Finley got dumped by the Mavericks after years of working his ass of for them to win a title, and then faced them in the playoffs the very next year. The fact that Finley and Terry were teammates, and Terry punched him in the groin. The fact that the Mavs and Spurs have had a long-time rivalry, in which the Spurs were constantly ahead of the Mavericks, and the Mavericks finally beat them, in an OT game, on the road. The fact that the Mavericks had a 3-1 series lead, and the Spurs came back and made it a great series. Michael Finley having monsterous dunks on his former team, and hitting a huge three as his team was battling back in game 7, and then the Manu Ginobili three at home in a very intense arena that would pretty much have ended the game for any other team, especially after making a comeback the way they did, and then for the Mavericks to find a way to get it to OT and have the balls to finish them off. The incredible performances game after game by Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki. The ridiculous shot by Jason Terry over Tim Duncan as the shot clock expired. Bruce Bowen's block on Dirk. The entire series was loaded with emotion and intensity between these two teams.

There were far more memorable moments in that series than you give it credit for having, which years from now will definitely be looked at as one of the greatest playoff series of all time.

He's too dumb or too biased to agree with you, so while everything you wrote is spot-on, it's also a waste.

stretch
09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
He's too dumb or too biased to agree with you, so while everything you wrote is spot-on, it's also a waste.
Oh well. Suns fans are flukes anyways. We are all just owning a Suns fan that we are supposed to own.

FromWayDowntown
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM

It's one thing that can bring Mavs fans and Spurs fans together.

Like I said, we may have found the way for da_suns_fan to unwittingly demonstrate a lack of basketball i.q. That's not such a bad thing.

Findog
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
It's one thing that can bring Mavs fans and Spurs fans together.

Like I said, we may have found the way for da_suns_fan to unwittingly demonstrate a lack of basketball i.q. That's not such a bad thing.

Yes, Suns trolls have indeed helped bring about a reconciliation between the two fanbases. So, that's a good thing. We can both enjoying clowning them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
History does repeat itself. Just as the Nazis brought the USSR and the US together ever so briefly, such is it with Suns trolls.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I've always felt that I was a uniter, not a divider.

But you guys are seriously kidding yourselves.

A seven game series without a single memorable moment between two teams who didn't win the title. :dramaquee

Happens EVERY year!!!

Don't be angry because the Suns and Lakers gave us all something to remember.

And what a series it was :clap

Findog
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM

A seven game series without a single memorable moment between two teams who didn't win the title. :dramaquee

Happens EVERY year!!!

It was a good series, if you could take a moment to stop patting the Suns on the back, you would find most of us here would be in general agreement. But Spurs/Mavs 06 was better. If you want to argue against that, good luck.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
It was a good series, if you could take a moment to stop patting the Suns on the back, you would find most of us here would be in general agreement. But Spurs/Mavs 06 was better. If you want to argue against that, good luck.

The Spurs vs. Mavs must be the first "great" series in NBA HISTORY that is so immemorable that their OWN FANS can't even remember any great moments from it!!!!

:lol :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-21-2007, 03:32 PM
http://mas.scripps.com/DRMN/2007/02/16/434513058_o.jpg = http://mars.wnec.edu/~grempel/courses/hitler/gifs/hitler_speech.jpg

http://markramsey.com/wp-content/dirkcuban.jpg=http://www.sovlit.com/daysandnights/stalin_speech1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2007/popovich_300_070613.jpg=http://libwww.cabrillo.edu/depts/politicalscience/images/fdr2.jpg

thispego
09-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Happens EVERY year!!!

a seven game series without a single memorable moment between two teams who also didn't win the title? nor make it out of the west. YEAHHHHH DOGGGGG, wayyyyyyyyyy more memorable :lmao :lmao :lmao

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 03:41 PM
a seven game series without a single memorable moment between two teams who also didn't win the title? nor make it out of the west. YEAHHHHH DOGGGGG, wayyyyyyyyyy more memorable :lmao :lmao :lmao

You must have missed the list I provided.

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Ahh...Johnny Ringo is here.....

Cue the SOns "insults". :lol

stretch
09-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Happens EVERY year!!!

Uhh... the Suns and Lakers didn't win the title either. Neither of them even made it to the finals, nor were the defending champs, like the Mavs/Spurs series had.

stretch
09-21-2007, 04:01 PM
You must have missed the list I provided as well.

Johnny RIngo
09-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to:

1. Spurs getting their rings. The last ring ceremony seems like it happened ages ago. Really looking forward to it this year.

2. Spurs vs Mavs games. Dallas is the only serious rival for the Spurs so these games should be entertaining(like always).

3. Spurs/Mavs vs Rockets. Houston will be a much different team with Scola+Addelman. Should be interesting to see how they stack up against the two best teams in the league.

4. Celtics. Everybody wants to know how well KG will fare now that he's got some capable teammates.

5. Orlando Magic. Always been a fan of Dwight so I'd like to see how things will work out for him with Lewis and Van Gundy on board.

6. Warriors vs Mavs. No explanation necessary.

7. The Nuggets. Denver's going to look like a rich man's Phoenix S0ns. They can run just as well as the S0ns AND play defense to boot. With their excellent front court(Nene, Camby, KMart) and explosive back court(AI, Melo) they should be very good this year. Forget about Phoenix. Their 5 minutes of fame is up as their team is on the verge of imploding. They won't be a serious threat to any team this year(aside from the Lakers or Clippers :lol)

Not looking forward to:

1. Any Cavs games. They're one of the least interesting teams out there.

2. Durant and the Sonics. I don't give a shit about the rookie of the year sweepstakes. Winning the ROY while your team ends up in lottery is about as successful as Nash winning 2 tainted MVPs awards and having jackshit to show for it.

3. Spurs dominating the S0ns(again). There's no excitement in these games anymore. The S0ns can't play defense and the Spurs end up owning them quite badly every time. The Spurs are 15-6 vs Nash's S0ns. There's no challenge in these games anymore. Beating the shit out of the S0ns is equivalent to beating down a handicapped kid. With their weakened frontcourt it's going to be a massacre this year. Everybody loves 20 point blowout wins but it's far more exciting to watch a close game against the Rockets or Mavs.

yourcheatinheart
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
this year ralphie takes scott fargas, belive that!!http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/ralph.gif

mavs>spurs2
09-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (6 members and 4 guests)
mavs>spurs, da_suns_fan__, yourcheatinheart, Spurs>All, Findog, bdubya

Here we go again

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 04:14 PM
You must have missed the list I provided as well.

THIS?????????:

The incredible performances game after game by Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki. The ridiculous shot by Jason Terry over Tim Duncan as the shot clock expired. Bruce Bowen's block on Dirk. The entire series was loaded with emotion and intensity between these two teams.

So a Jason Terry shot and a Bruce Bowen block?

I honestly have NO IDEA what plays you are talking about. And Im a HUGE NBA fan!!!

You actually further proved my point. :lol :lol

yourcheatinheart
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Looking forward to:

1. Spurs getting their rings. The last ring ceremony seems like it happened ages ago. Really looking forward to it this year.

2. Spurs vs Mavs games. Dallas is the only serious rival for the Spurs so these games should be entertaining(like always).

3. Spurs/Mavs vs Rockets. Houston will be a much different team with Scola+Addelman. Should be interesting to see how they stack up against the two best teams in the league.

4. Celtics. Everybody wants to know how well KG will fare now that he's got some capable teammates.

5. Orlando Magic. Always been a fan of Dwight so I'd like to see how things will work out for him with Lewis and Van Gundy on board.

7. The Nuggets. Denver's going to look like a rich man's Phoenix S0ns. They can run just as well as the S0ns AND play defense to boot. With their excellent front court(Nene, Camby, KMart) and explosive back court(AI, Melo) they should be very good this year. Forget about Phoenix. Their 5 minutes of fame is up as their team is on the verge of imploding. They won't be a serious threat to any team this year(aside from the Lakers or Clippers :lol)

Not looking forward to:

2. Durant and the Sonics. I don't give a shit about the rookie of the year sweepstakes. Winning the ROY while your team ends up in lottery is about as successful as Nash winning 2 tainted MVPs awards and having jackshit to show for it.

3. Spurs dominating the S0ns(again). There's no excitement in these games anymore. The S0ns can't play defense and the Spurs end up owning them quite badly every time. The Spurs are 15-6 vs Nash's S0ns. There's no challenge in these games anymore. Beating the shit out of the S0ns is equivalent to beating down a handicapped kid. With their weakened frontcourt it's going to be a massacre this year. Everybody loves 20 point blowout wins but it's far more exciting to watch a close game against the Rockets or Mavs.

ahahahahahaha, your the stupidist sun of a bitch ever. Nene, Camby, and K-Mart!!!! when have those 3 ever been healthy together. No challenge with the Suns?? Before the Spurs were spotted 2 games by the league, the series happened to be the most interesting series of the playoffs. i think your vagina just gets too wet when you think about the suns. which reminds me...http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/Micksayingwashit.jpg

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Looking forward to:

Not looking forward to:

I see....

When, exactly, did the Spurs blowout the Suns by twenty points? There was a game two season ago when Nash didn't play. Is that what youre talking about?

I remember the Suns blowing out the Spurs twice this year. Once in the playoffs and once back Feb (I went to that game :clap )...but the Spurs never blow out the Suns.

Something tells me Johnny Ringo has all the Suns vs. Spurs games circled on his calendar.

Johnny, if the Suns blowout the Spurs again, don't slit your wrist, ok? :lol

stretch
09-21-2007, 04:28 PM
THIS?????????:

The incredible performances game after game by Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki. The ridiculous shot by Jason Terry over Tim Duncan as the shot clock expired. Bruce Bowen's block on Dirk. The entire series was loaded with emotion and intensity between these two teams.

So a Jason Terry shot and a Bruce Bowen block?

I honestly have NO IDEA what plays you are talking about. And Im a HUGE NBA fan!!!

You actually further proved my point. :lol :lol
You must be a fuckin moron. There were plenty of things that happened in the series. Go back and read, fuckface.

Johnny RIngo
09-21-2007, 04:28 PM
ahahahahahaha, your the stupidist sun of a bitch ever. Nene, Camby, and K-Mart!!!! when have those 3 ever been healthy together.

When has Phoenix ever played defense? Duncan's even said that the Nuggets were a hell of lot tougher than S0ns. Your team's soft as hell. Stop denying it, dumbass.

No challenge with the Suns??

15-6 tells me that the S0ns suck balls. The Lakers and Clippers are the only one's afraid of your garbage team.

Before the Spurs were spotted 2 games by the league, the series happened to be the most interesting series of the playoffs.

Cry more.

i think your vagina just gets too wet when you think about the suns. which reminds me...

How many time do I have to spell it out for you? The S0ns fucking suck. They're a modern version of the 80s Nuggets:

-Flashy, gimmick offense
-No defense
-Second round playoff fodder for the true contenders

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Johnny, you gonna answer my previous post, buddy?

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
You must be a fuckin moron. There were plenty of things that happened in the series. Go back and read, fuckface.

Ok......here's your post:

Eh...which one of these "things" would you actually expect ANYONE to remember?

The only one that I remember is Jason Terry punching somebody in a pileup (though I didn't remember that it was Michael Finley).

If an NBA Fan didn't remember Tim Thomas' three pointer, Kobe Bryant's fade-away or Raja's clotheline, I would be very surprised.

Would you seriously expect anyone to remember "finley dunking", "Ginobili hitting a three", or any of that crap you just laid out?

Again, are you serious?

btw - I like how you try to paint the "Bulls finally overcoming the Pistons" storyline over the Mavs vs. Spurs. Too bad the Mavs not only failed to win the championship but were also eliminated from the playoffs in the first round the very next year. Not quite as dramatic, huh? :lol :lol

Johnny RIngo
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I see....

When, exactly, did the Spurs blowout the Suns by twenty points? There was a game two season ago when Nash didn't play. Is that what youre talking about?

Without a front court every team with a capable big man's going to be blowing out the S0ns this season. This thread was about the upcoming NBA season, right? Moron.

I remember the Suns blowing out the Spurs twice this year. Once in the playoffs and once back Feb (I went to that game :clap )...but the Spurs never blow out the Suns.

You know what 15-6 means, right? The Spurs have averaged 5 wins a year against the S0ns. If that's not domination I don't know what it is. I guess domination for S0ns fans is beating down the Lakers or Clippers lmao

Something tells me Johnny Ringo has all the Suns vs. Spurs games circled on his calendar.

At this point, the Rockets/Nuggets/Jazz are more of a challenge for the Spurs. Who gives a shit about the S0ns? Your team's done, as far as contending for the title goes.

Johnny, if the Suns blowout the Spurs again, don't slit your wrist, ok? :lol

When the Nuggets or Rockets sweep the S0ns from the playoffs don't disappear back to those shitty S0ns forums. Everyone here at Spurstalk enjoys watching you own yourself.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Ratings win championships!

da_suns_fan__
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Without a front court every team with a capable big man's going to be blowing out the S0ns this season. This thread was about the upcoming NBA season, right? Moron.

You know what 15-6 means, right? The Spurs have averaged 5 wins a year against the S0ns. If that's not domination I don't know what it is. I guess domination for S0ns fans is beating down the Lakers or Clippers lmao

At this point, the Rockets/Nuggets/Jazz are more of a challenge for the Spurs. Who gives a shit about the S0ns? Your team's done, as far as contending for the title goes.

When the Nuggets or Rockets sweep the S0ns from the playoffs don't disappear back to those shitty S0ns forums. Everyone here at Spurstalk enjoys watching you own yourself.

:lol :lol :lol

You do! :toast

As I've pointed out, querying all your posts shows that all of your posts, regardless of thread topic, are about how much the Suns suck!!!

btw - I want to make sure that we are in agreement that the Spurs haven't blown out the Suns. Your original post speaks of the past (Spurs own the Suns everytime "badly") and the future (its gonna be a massacre with the Suns weak frontcourt) in the same paragraph.

anakha
09-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Ah, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", indeed... until the next Spurs-Mavs argument, at least. :lol

JMarkJohns
09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm actually not looking forward to much of anything for this season. I hold out hope, but am pretty aware that the Suns chances for a title are slim with no low-post defender or box-out rebounder. I'm sick to my stomach over Marion and everything thing surrounding his sicheation. I just know the freakin' Hawks are going to win 35+ games and give the Suns a bottom-lottery pick.

Guess we'll have to see, but I'm 75/25 on this being a farely shitty year for us Suns fans. Unless Grant "Over the" Hill is the savior, and Sean Marks has a late development of skill to man the center position.

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm actually not looking forward to much of anything for this season. I hold out hope, but am pretty aware that the Suns chances for a title are slim with no low-post defender or box-out rebounder. I'm sick to my stomach over Marion and everything thing surrounding his sicheation. I just know the freakin' Hawks are going to win 35+ games and give the Suns a bottom-lottery pick.

Guess we'll have to see, but I'm 75/25 on this being a farely shitty year for us Suns fans. Unless Grant "Over the" Hill is the savior, and Sean Marks has a late development of skill to man the center position.

Good to see a realistic Suns fan, who knows the Suns won't waltz their way to a championship with this I-want-it-bad-so-I-deserve-it attitude, run-and-gun-and-make-ESPN-highlights style of play, and 60-wins-mean's-we're-better mentality.

The Suns and the Mavs: The "almost" teams of this decade.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Things I am looking foward to this season...

The Mavs raising up the Southwest Championship Banner from last season! :clap :clap :clap
:elephant :elephant :elephant

The Mavs bitchslapping the Spurs at the American Airlines At&T Center in San Antonio! :clap :clap :clap

The Suns/Warriors games.

The Rockets and Nuggets games

Things I am not excited about...

Spursreport ranting

The Spurs winning games in clutch dramatic fashion especially when my boy Finley is a factor in those! :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun

Mavs losses especially the heartbreaking ones! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun

Findog
09-21-2007, 06:55 PM
The Spurs vs. Mavs must be the first "great" series in NBA HISTORY that is so immemorable that their OWN FANS can't even remember any great moments from it!!!!

There's a post from stretch you pretended not to read.

JMarkJohns
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
The Suns have been "almost" teams of the past three decades. In 1989, lost in the Western Conference Finals, in 1990 lost in the Western Conference Finals, then in 1993 lost in the Finals, and now in 2005, 2006 and 2007 lost closely contested series to the ultimate Conference winner, not to mention two out of the last three Champions.

I'm pretty effin' sick over this "almost" shit, and seeing Sarver celebrating the GD Mercury Title has only made it worse. Yeah, yeah, they deserve praise, but sonuvabitch!, The Suns need players to improve. You can't "wait out" your toughest competitors, hoping they fade quickly enough to be handed a Title. Sometimes you have to spend money to get there. He's a freakin' lunatic and he and D'Antoni deserve each other. I just wish they could deserve each other in Hell, and not while running the Suns to Hell.

yourcheatinheart
09-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Good to see a realistic Suns fan, who knows the Suns won't waltz their way to a championship with this I-want-it-bad-so-I-deserve-it attitude, run-and-gun-and-make-ESPN-highlights style of play, and 60-wins-mean's-we're-better mentality.

The Suns and the Mavs: The "almost" teams of this decade.

i never, ever, ever said the Suns are going to waltz to anything, and i'd love your speculating ass to find it if i did. the reasons you just stated just shows what jealous piece of shits some of you Spurs fans are for the lack of attention your team gets, and how much a "non-deserving" team like Phoenix gets. truth is you Spur's Fucks think you will waltz to the championship, and that you cunts are deserving of a championship because your a boring team full of boring role players, who bend rules and make fucking baby faces when they're called out on their bullshit. fuck you and your total disregard of the Suns. it's not our fault the masses outside of bexar county and argintina want someone other than your piece of shit squad to win every year so they focus on ANY TEAM but the piece of shit Spurs.

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 09:34 PM
i never, ever, ever said the Suns are going to waltz to anything, and i'd love your speculating ass to find it if i did. the reasons you just stated just shows what jealous piece of shits some of you Spurs fans are for the lack of attention your team gets, and how much a "non-deserving" team like Phoenix gets. truth is you Spur's Fucks think you will waltz to the championship, and that you cunts are deserving of a championship because your a boring team full of boring role players, who bend rules and make fucking baby faces when they're called out on their bullshit. fuck you and your total disregard of the Suns. it's not our fault the masses outside of bexar county and argintina want someone other than your piece of shit squad to win every year so they focus on ANY TEAM but the piece of shit Spurs.

We don't need attention. We like trophys instead of attention. We have waltzed to three out of the last five, and it has been all too easy doing so. Who's been our biggest competition? Lakers in 2003, and that's about it. No other team has come close to dethroning us AND winning the championship after doing so. We don't bend rules. Amare came off the bench himself, we didn't make him. Our guy got suspended and so did yours.

It doesn't matter on who everyone focuses on, it's about who's the best, and your team isn't the best, deal with it!

Would you like some cheese with your whine :ihit

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 09:37 PM
God help me, I can't stay away from the Spurs message board.

Walter Craparita
09-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta.

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
You must have missed me fixing your list for you.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1970500&postcount=61

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
da_suns_fan and yourcheatinheart are exactly like Rudy. You know that scene at practice where he's getting the fuck beaten out of him but he keeps jumping up and asking for more. Exactly like that. They keep getting owned like some bitches but continue to get up and ask for more. There's something really admirable about that. And really stupid too.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-21-2007, 10:09 PM
God help me, I can't stay away from the Spurs message board.

:lol

SpursDynasty
09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I guess it's not Mavs' and Suns' fans fault that their teams get overhyped. Maybe we shouldn't be too hard on those two teams. They're not talented and good enough to win a championship, so if they don't, no big deal...on one expected them to anyway. Just losing to teams that they're supposed to lose to.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM
:tu Except that the Mavs are barely overhyped while the Suns are extremely overhyped.

monosylab1k
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM
I know who isn't overhyped.....that's right, the sweet soulful tunes of Buffalo Wild Wings' favorite band....you know the name...

Mister Sinister
09-21-2007, 11:00 PM
I need to go to a BWW. But the closest one to me is in fucking Schaumburg, and Chicago suburb traffic eats more cock than da_suns_fan, SpursDynasty, and the gay half of me put together.

yourcheatinheart
09-22-2007, 05:35 AM
da_suns_fan and yourcheatinheart are exactly like Rudy. You know that scene at practice where he's getting the fuck beaten out of him but he keeps jumping up and asking for more. Exactly like that. They keep getting owned like some bitches but continue to get up and ask for more. There's something really admirable about that. And really stupid too.

start this fucking season already...http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/236755647_m.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/236754255_m.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/233511115_m.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/232493213_m-1.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/232492641_m.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/232490402_m.gif

:toast

Kamnik
09-22-2007, 06:06 AM
Not looking forward to:

Word...

I find their games boring. I dont know why but i rather watch the hawks than the cavs.

Findog
09-22-2007, 02:18 PM
I know who isn't overhyped.....that's right, the sweet soulful tunes of Buffalo Wild Wings' favorite band....you know the name...

Don't make fun of them...they scored a sweet gig for Central Market's Burgers and Boch weekends.

Findog
09-22-2007, 02:19 PM

They've also accomplished what was thought as impossible after the Spurs/Mavs 06 series...bringing us fans together.

yourcheatinheart
09-22-2007, 05:59 PM
They've also accomplished what was thought as impossible after the Spurs/Mavs 06 series...bringing us fans together.

and i could not be happier for the state of texas. http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/24-383Brokeback-Mountain-Posters.jpg

Flo-Rida
09-22-2007, 06:43 PM
With 40 days left until opening night, here are the things I'm most looking forward to, in no particular order:

1. Boston vs. SA: The two best teams in the NBA. KG vs. Duncan, Ray Allen vs. Bruce Bowen. Doesn't get any better than that. The Spurs have some legitimate competition on their hands when they play Boston in the NBA Finals 2008.

2. Kevin Durant - Like a high draft pick should do (who places expectations on season ticket holders), he has taken care of himself and we will get to see the probable ROTY bring Seattle out of the dumps.

3. Golden State vs. Dallas - Jason Richardson is gone. But it'll be fun to watch Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Barnes, and Biedrins continue to frustrate Dallas. Golden State is the most explosive team in the league, and Dallas is intimidated by it.

4. Spurs getting their well-deserved Rings. The game after that though, not so much.

5. Phoenix vs. SA - Phoenix will try to make up for their 3rd series loss to SA in 5 seasons by trying to dunk and jump shoot on us. It'll be fun to watch the Spurs go out there and shut the Suns the hell down.

Here are the things that I least look forward to:

1. Dirk and Amare coming out and saying how all they can think about is winning the championship. Everyone wants to win it, not just you two. And you're not entitled to it, like you think you are. No one gets it by just wanting it. You have to be good enough and you're not.

2. The horrible ABC Christmas Doubleheader on ABC. Miami vs. Cleveland: Two teams that got swept out of the 2007 playoffs. Enough said. We also have the most one-sided athletic game in the history of the universe: Phoenix vs. LA. Zzz. Also, Seattle vs. Portland? Durant will be a great player, but not even the best rookies deserve the spotlight when they're not even halfway through their first season. Besides, who on Portland is worth watching on Christmas? Even if they had Oden, the answer is still no one.

3. Pretty much any Eastern Conference game except when Boston plays SA.

4. The Spurs vs. Portland on opening night: You could've picked Boston, Phoenix, you know..a game that would be interesting vs. the Spurs...but no, we have to face the Portland Failblazers. Even with Greg Oden this game would be pointless to have on national television on opening night.

5. When intriguing matchups can only be seen on NBA TV. Not everyone has NBA TV. Save NBA TV for Eastern Conf. games.

Are u tryin to be funny

Dirk Nowitzki
09-22-2007, 07:30 PM

The Jeff Daniels Band? :clap :clap :clap

Dirk Nowitzki
09-22-2007, 07:32 PM

Spurs and Mavs fans uniting? Only during NFL season

Ignignokt
09-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I look forward to mango habanero wings, and a night of knock off Pearl Jam and Hootie and the blowfish bands. "cough" "cough" Jeff Daniels band!

da_suns_fan__
09-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Congratulation on beeing the umpteenth person to post that....in....this....thread.

Youre losing originality, BROTHA!

Ignignokt
09-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Congratulation on beeing the umpteenth person to post that....in....this....thread.

I'm still looking forward for the Suns to exhibiting some sort of defense.

da_suns_fan__
09-22-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm still looking forward for the Suns to exhibiting some sort of defense.

Spurs are boring.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-22-2007, 10:16 PM
But they win.

duncan228
09-22-2007, 10:21 PM
But they win.

Again and again and again and...again. :spin

Findog
09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
and i could not be happier for the state of texas. http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/24-383Brokeback-Mountain-Posters.jpg

It's 2007. Do you have a problem with gay people?

Findog
09-22-2007, 11:01 PM

Tell me more about how the Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings.

Findog
09-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Spurs are boring.

duncan228
09-22-2007, 11:13 PM

He lost it months ago.
If he ever had any to begin with.

gtownspur
09-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I get it.

Brokeback Mountain and the Sons get good ratings. That means they're both cool.

stretch
09-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Spurs are boring.
You are fucking stupid.

B and P Cats
09-23-2007, 01:33 AM

Why do you think there is only one Conference that counts? Maybe the Western Conference should take a year off. After all, you did win the championship last year. Take a rest! But, that's okay, stay in your little cocoon. When you come out the Eastern Conference will be more than you are counting on! (And I am not talking about the Bobcats neccesarily) :lol

Walter Craparita
09-23-2007, 02:17 AM

You're a disgrace to the State and history of AZ.

monosylab1k
09-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Spurs are boring.
:lmao

immediately after questioning someone else's originality in this thread, you throw that gem out there!

god damn you are the fucking king of self-ownage.

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

monosylab1k
09-23-2007, 11:15 AM
BROTHA!

:lmao @ "BROTHA"

what a tool

LakeShow
09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Spurs are boring.

Agreed!

LakeShow
09-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Re: Top 5 Things I Look Forward To/Don't Look Forward To,

1. Fisher bring a different mentality for the Lakers on D and O
2. Kobe's new commitment to Defense
3. The Development of Bynum (if he's still here) He's been working out hard this summer.
4. How Mims will play coming back from an injury.
5. Seeing the Lakers finally injury free at full force.

Don't look forward to?

1. The League taking over games and outcomes with suspensions, etc..
2. Soft and Weak players
3. A bunch of bricks from 3 point land from just about everybody!
4. Teams Whining to the league to gain an advantage. (you know who you are)
5. A new definition for the MVP award. It changes every year now.

monosylab1k
09-23-2007, 03:13 PM

1. My favorite team the Houston Rockets going all the way!

LakeShow
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
stretch Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeshow1

1. My favorite team the Houston Rockets going all the way!

da_suns_fan__
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM
What a bunch of IDIOTS (Monoslab1k, FinDog)......

I call FinDog unoriginal and Ignignokt sarcastically responds with "The Suns don't play defense".

I thought it was PERFECTLY OBVIOUS that I was playing along. I quoted Ignignokt's post just to make sure.

"Spurs are boring". Another original thought.....GET IT?!!!!

Yet its too hard for some Texans to understand.

It was only Dallas fans....so I guess they're dumber than their San Antonio counterparts.

Morons.

Findog
09-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I thought it was PERFECTLY OBVIOUS

that you're the king of self-ownage.

Ignignokt
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Duh sOns Fan! is ejaculating to a video of barbosa driving past 3 charllotte bobcat 2nd teamers.

da_suns_fan__
09-23-2007, 05:17 PM
that you're the king of self-ownage.

I wish I could have been there to see you slap yourself on the forehead when you realized you screwed up AGAIN!!!

Your forehead is still red, isn't it?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Thats three times this week FinDog! Only once for Manoslab1k but Im sure he'll catch up.

Findog
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings.

How are you able to perform an autotext function? You'll have to teach me.

Mister Sinister
09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
da_suns_fan
The cancer that is killing ST.

Ignignokt
09-23-2007, 07:56 PM
The showers.

B===D~~Victoria
09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Dicks!!!! http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=9147&dateline=1184616004 Dicks!!!!

monosylab1k
09-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I wish you could have been there to see me slap myself on the forehead when I realized I screwed up AGAIN!!!

monosylab1k
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I call FinDog unoriginal and Ignignokt sarcastically responds with "The Suns don't play defense".
Actually he said he was looking forward to the Suns playing defense.

I'd say the dry Arizona heat is affecting your brain but it's pretty doubtful you even use it.

Findog
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM

That wasn't sarcasm, sugartits.

ratm1221
09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
What a bunch of IDIOTS (Monoslab1k, FinDog)......

I thought it was PERFECTLY OBVIOUS that I was playing along. I quoted Ignignokt's post just to make sure.

"Spurs are boring". Another original thought.....GET IT?!!!!

Yet its too hard for some Texans to understand.

It was only Dallas fans....so I guess they're dumber than their San Antonio counterparts.

Morons.

For someone that dislikes the Spurs so much, you sure do spend a whole lot of time in a Spurs message board... IN THE OFF SEASON. I'm just glad you make some time between doing your 7th grade Algebra homework and looking in the mirror to participate in some extra curricular activity. Good for you buddy.

Findog
09-23-2007, 11:43 PM
For someone that dislikes the Spurs so much, you sure do spend a whole lot of time in a Spurs message board... IN THE OFF SEASON. I'm just glad you make some time between doing your 7th grade Algebra homework and looking in the mirror to participate in some extra curricular activity. Good for you buddy.

Here's the relevant post before he edits or deletes it. Notice the scare quotes so we'll understand he's making a joke.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1972012&postcount=120

You don't even have to try with this guy, he owns himself.

duncan228
09-23-2007, 11:46 PM

It's too easy. :lol

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Here's the relevant post before he edits or deletes it. Notice the scare quotes so we'll understand he's making a joke.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1972012&postcount=120

Your totally scared shitless arent you??

Go back and read this thread. I just did...my favorite part is the way you crumbled after I exposed you again! :lol

"Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings!"

Yeah..and I just owned both you and Manoslab1k. Think of the hit your reps have taken this summer!!! :lol

btw - HOW could you forget my "Go Evas Go", "the Mavs are chokers in dire need of a Steve Nash", and "we need the Suns to save basketball" arguments? This is some of my best stuff!!! Where's the respect?

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I am the king of self-ownage

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Is that it Monos? Self ownage?

*yawn*

Your buddy FinDog can teach ya all about projectionism. :lol

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I can teach ya all about projectionism. :lol

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 10:44 AM

I believe this post is the equivalent of a white flag!

Gave over. I win.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I believe this post is the equivalent of a white flag!

Gave over. I win.
I wonder if the Germans tried to preemptively consider themselves the winners right before Hitler blew his brains out the back of his skull. probably so.

Findog
09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Where's the respect?

For myself, mono, JMark and OldDirt, there's plenty. For Suns and Mavs trolls, there's none. Every board needs a court jester to perform the assclown function, so you serve a noble and useful purpose here. Congrats!

Findog
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I wonder if the Germans tried to preemptively consider themselves the winners right before Hitler blew his brains out the back of his skull. probably so.

Right now, da_suns_fan is in a bunker deep inside the bowels of America West Arena or whatever the hell they call it now, emailing his two fellow Dungeons and Dragons-playing friends his goodbye. Being on a spurs messageboard all day, every day in the offseason, I don't know what that says about his life away from the computer, but it's not pretty.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Right now, da_suns_fan is in a bunker deep inside the bowels of America West Arena or whatever the hell they call it now, emailing his two fellow Dungeons and Dragons-playing friends his goodbye. Being on a spurs messageboard all day, every day in the offseason, I don't know what that says about his life away from the computer, but it's not pretty.

The hypocracy of FinDog continues!!!

btw - You call me a "Dungeons and Dragons playing" loser yet you previously listed off all the message board posters who "respect" you! :lol

THAT, is what you call self ownage!

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
The hypocracy of FinDog continues!!!

btw - You call me a "Dungeons and Dragons playing" loser yet you previously listed off all the message board posters who "respect" you! :lol

THAT, is what you call self ownage!
well, at least you didn't deny the fact that you're a dungeons and dragons playing loser who is so obsessed with the Spurs that you spend all day trolling a Spurs message board.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
well, at least you didn't deny the fact that you're a dungeons and dragons playing loser who is so obsessed with the Spurs that you spend all day trolling a Spurs message board.

Says the Mavericks fan who spends all day trolling a Spurs message board!!

Reggie Miller
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM

I think Tim "Merlin" Duncan would say that you are not officially a loser until you start dressing up as your character. (Photoshops do NOT count, by the way.)

703 Spurz
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM

1) Ginobili foul

Well yes maggot, you have forgotten something.

That little thing called us winning the title, again.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Well yes maggot, you have forgotten something.

That little thing called us winning the title, again.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Hey Junior.....explain how someone could miss the SPURS (I assume since you said "us" and you are Spurs fan) winning the title during the 2006 WCSF matchup between the Spurs and the Mavs.

The Spurs actually lost to the Mavs...who lost to the Heat. So basically youre just another texas idiot.

Findog
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
you previously listed off all the message board posters who "respect" you!

Read it again. I know it's hot in Arizona and that can affect focus and concentration, but try harder.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Read it again. I know it's hot in Arizona and that can affect focus and concentration, but try harder.

Doesn't change my point, does it?

Regardless, you just got owned again! :lol

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm obsessed with the Spurs, Findog, and monosylab1k. Basically obsessed with those who consistently own me and my team.

Findog
09-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Doesn't change my point, does it?

Actually, it does.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Actually, it does.

Really?

You are either:

A) Listing off people who "respect" you on this message board
B) Listing off people who get "respect" on this message board (including yourself).

Either way...youre a total TOOL! :lol

Game. Set. Match.

Findog
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Either way...youre a total TOOL!

You spend an awfully large amount of time trying to win peripheral arguments when you consistently demonstrate your retardation when it comes to basketball. And you can't even win the ancillary arguments either. When it comes to tools such as da_suns_fan, the only bigger ones can be found at Home Depot.

Mister Sinister
09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I think Tim "Merlin" Duncan would say that you are not officially a loser until you start dressing up as your character. (Photoshops do NOT count, by the way.)
That's called "staying in character." You get extra nerd points for doing that. Trust me on this.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Game. Set. Match.
Anybody who uses a phrase like this is automatically the biggest douchebag around.

Findog
09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Anybody who uses a phrase like this is automatically the biggest douchebag around.

I'm surprised it didn't read "Game. Set. Match. Bro"

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-24-2007, 05:52 PM

MagnusKrauss
09-25-2007, 05:14 AM
i'd like to use my first post to list the following events i'm looking forward to this season

1. the spurs taking it easy during the regular season

2. pop refining their sets and plays

3. udoka playing like bruce

4. the playoffs

5. the finals (then the championship....again)

what i don't want to see this season:

1. whiners whining

2. posers posing

3. duncan (or bruce) not winning the dpoy

4. the spurs not getting enough media coverage (hey, in our country they hardly show any spurs games)

5. injuries in the team

that's about it.

-------------------------------

magnusdrakenkrauss

Reggie Miller
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
i'd like to use my first post to list the following events i'm looking forward to this season

1. the spurs taking it easy during the regular season

2. pop refining their sets and plays

3. udoka playing like bruce

4. the playoffs

5. the finals (then the championship....again)

what i don't want to see this season:

1. whiners whining

2. posers posing

3. duncan (or bruce) not winning the dpoy

4. the spurs not getting enough media coverage (hey, in our country they hardly show any spurs games)

5. injuries in the team

that's about it.

-------------------------------

magnusdrakenkrauss

Welcome to Spurs Talk. Ignore duh_suns_fan. You'll be much happier if you do. :toast

Reggie Miller
09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
That's called "staying in character." You get extra nerd points for doing that. Trust me on this.

I trust you, but I need a frame of reference. How does this compare to say, owning a complete set of Magic: The Gathering, Arabian Nights, or even mastering the critical hit charts from RuneQuest? I mean, how many points are we talking here?

LEONARD
09-25-2007, 10:44 AM

1. Spurs 65-17
2. Jazz 59-23
3. Mavericks 55-27
4. Suns 50-32
6. Lakers 47-35
7. Nuggets 45-37
8. Rockets 44-38

The usual Jeff bit...predict various possibilities, then when one of them is right, claim to never be wrong... :lol

The Mavs have gone from not making the playoffs, to the 6th seed, to the 3rd seed with 55 wins (despite saying they wouldn't top 52 wins) in the last month. Suns have gone from 6th to 2nd. Rockets have gone from OUT to 8th...

More Jeff Prediction Fun...

From this thread on 8/16/07...
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76114&page=1&pp=26

Here are the 8 Playoff teams for next season and how they will be seeded:

1. Spurs
2. Jazz
3. Warriors
4. Lakers
5. Clippers
6. Suns
7. Nuggets
8. Sonics

8/17/07 at 2:18...
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1912587#post1912587

1. Spurs
2. Jazz
3. Warriors
4. Lakers
5. Clippers
6. Suns
7. Nuggets
8. Sonics

A reasonable prediction of playoff seeds. Wasn't Seattle supposed to get in because of Durant? Weren't all the other teams with the exception of the Clippers and Sonics in the playoffs last year? It's a reasonable prediction that was not pulled out of my ass.

from 8/17/07 at 2:33...

Okay, I'll switch it around:

1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Jazz
4. Warriors
5. Lakers
6. Nuggets
7. Clippers
8. Sonics

We have the four second round teams from last season, in the top 4 seeds. Lakers should be better with Fisher back, were decent last season until free falling. Nuggets were the sixth seed last year, Clippers were a few games out of the West. Sonics will have Durant.

8/17/07 at 2:37...

Oh ok.

1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Jazz
4. Warriors
5. Lakers
6. Mavs
7. Nuggets
8. Sonics

After a 2006 Finals loss, 67 wins and a first round loss, I definitely don't see Dallas winning any more than 52 games.

hehehe...then why do you have them at 55 now Jeff?

Jeff also predicted that Garnett would stay in Minnesota...
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73320

and that the Mavs would beat the Warriors in the playoffs last season...

Looking forward to another b-ball season filled with Jeff gold... :lol

Thunder Dan
09-25-2007, 10:48 AM
haha so you would rather watch a team that hasn't made the playoffs in forever (Boston) over teams than have been to the Finals the last 2 years? That's a little odd, but I guess your like the rest of the country jumping on that Boston bandwagon

MagnusKrauss
09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
i think most of the people here looking forward to watching boston are waiting to see if the newly-formed boston team will play together effectively this season. after all, we've seen their stars struggle through seasons without a reliable supporting cast. maybe we're just impatient to see if a team made up of marquee players from non-contending teams will be able to reach the play-offs and maybe even the finals.

that's why i think people here are looking forward to watching boston play more than they are of watching houston play. houston's got a new player, they're bringing back two veterans who may or may not get back into their old forms and they have both yao and tmac healthy this time. but come on, underdogs (kg, allen & pierce) who we know can perform always attract more attention than underdogs (yao, scola, tmac, james & francis) who we aren't even sure can live up to our expectations.

---------------------------------------------------

magnusdrakenkrauss

Mister Sinister
09-25-2007, 11:04 PM
I trust you, but I need a frame of reference. How does this compare to say, owning a complete set of Magic: The Gathering, Arabian Nights, or even mastering the critical hit charts from RuneQuest? I mean, how many points are we talking here?
Well, staying in character only nets you bonus nerd points if you're LARPing. Owning a complete MtG AN set would be nerdtastic to a high degree, as would mastering critical hit charts.

Then there's me. I'm the guy who's seen every Gundam series to date and can name mechs by serial number and who piloted them.

B and P Cats
09-26-2007, 04:35 AM
i think most of the people here looking forward to watching boston are waiting to see if the newly-formed boston team will play together effectively this season. after all, we've seen their stars struggle through seasons without a reliable supporting cast. maybe we're just impatient to see if a team made up of marquee players from non-contending teams will be able to reach the play-offs and maybe even the finals.

that's why i think people here are looking forward to watching boston play more than they are of watching houston play. houston's got a new player, they're bringing back two veterans who may or may not get back into their old forms and they have both yao and tmac healthy this time. but come on, underdogs (kg, allen & pierce) who we know can perform always attract more attention than underdogs (yao, scola, tmac, james & francis) who we aren't even sure can live up to our expectations.

---------------------------------------------------

magnusdrakenkrauss

I think you are right. If the Celts can pull off some great play this year, it could be interesting in both conferences. In the West you have the Spurs, Mavs and Suns and possibly the Rockets as contenders. And, in the East, it may be Detroit, Boston and the Heat that offer the most interest. It should be fun to watch.