PDA

View Full Version : Survivorman

mavsfan1000
09-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Anyone else watch this show? It's on Discovery and the Science Channel. Les Stroud goes to these foreign lands and has to survive for a week without any help.

duncan228
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
We watch it now and then
My kids like Man vs Wild better, I haven't seen that one.

It's cool watching him, he's got some neat tricks up his sleeve.
But...I couldn't eat the things he does even if i was starving! :lol

Nbadan
09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
the other day he was in the Rockies......I think some hikers passed him up....

Pistons < Spurs
09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
My kids like Man vs Wild betterl
:tu :tu :tu

Samr
09-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll admit it... I'm a nerd. Mythbusters, How Do They Do It, How It's Made, Modern Marvels, Build It Bigger, Extreme Engineering, etc. .... That stuff is like crack to me. I can't get enough. Man vs. Wild/Survivorman get thrown in as well, but I think Man vs. Wild is much better.

Bear Grilles (sp) seems to actually do shit, instead of basically just building a fire then just waiting the week out with his cameras like Les does. I mean, they are both complete beasts just for having the balls to just go out there (I'd never do it), but Les just seems like such a pussy compared head-to-head with Bear.

Ok, that's enough typing for now. Commercials are over and How Do They Do It? is back on.

TheSanityAnnex
09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
but Les just seems like such a pussy compared head-to-head with Bear.

Les doesn't have his crew build him a raft and also doesn't sleep in 5 star hotels when the camera's are off.

TheSanityAnnex
09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Ahhh fuck. Hope E20 doesn't see this thread.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-21-2007, 01:27 AM
I'll admit it... I'm a nerd. Mythbusters, How Do They Do It, How It's Made, Modern Marvels, Build It Bigger, Extreme Engineering, etc. .... That stuff is like crack to me. I can't get enough. Man vs. Wild/Survivorman get thrown in as well, but I think Man vs. Wild is much better.

Bear Grilles (sp) seems to actually do shit, instead of basically just building a fire then just waiting the week out with his cameras like Les does. I mean, they are both complete beasts just for having the balls to just go out there (I'd never do it), but Les just seems like such a pussy compared head-to-head with Bear.
Ok, that's enough typing for now. Commercials are over and How Do They Do It? is back on.

Bear has actually stated in an article that he hasn't exactly roughed it up every time like he mkes u think...

IMO the bigger pussy is Bear...he calls his show Man vs. Wild, yet the crew follows him around all of the time.

Survivorman on the other hand is a one man show.

side note...that really isn't connected to the debate...

Anyone notice the contradictory "advice" that they've offered? Les in one show strongly inisisted you shouldn't drink your pee because people have died from doing it, while Bear in one of his shows gulped down his piss and never said it was bad or anything...

WTF!! What will I do the next time i'm stranded!?!?

thispego
09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
well, you have to drink your piss right away, if you wait, it gives bacteria a chance to multiply. I can't decide which method of drinking your own piss is grosser though. pissing in your cantene and kicking it back.... or pissing in a cup, digging it into the ground and then put plastic sheet over it to catch the condensation from your piss....

mrsmaalox
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Les doesn't have his crew build him a raft and also doesn't sleep in 5 star hotels when the camera's are off.
I saw an interview with Les and he says for the short time his crew is with him, they have to do everything he does. And he said he does cheat sometimes but it's only like a cup of tea or something. I like him much better than Bear Grylls.

mavs>spurs2
09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
well, you have to drink your piss right away, if you wait, it gives bacteria a chance to multiply. I can't decide which method of drinking your own piss is grosser though. pissing in your cantene and kicking it back.... or pissing in a cup, digging it into the ground and then put plastic sheet over it to catch the condensation from your piss....

The reason he does this is because only the actual water catches in the cup, leaving the toxins and other parts of the piss behind.

To me it's a no brainer, i'd rather drink pure water than pure piss

thispego
09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
The reason he does this is because only the actual water catches in the cup, leaving the toxins and other parts of the piss behind.

To me it's a no brainer, i'd rather drink pure water than pure piss
but it's water that came straight from your piss, it's still warm, probably still smells like piss, and you get only a fraction of the liquid you would get if you just straight up drank your piss. both would be gross, drinking the straight piss may be slightly more satisfying since you get more. lol... so gross

ATRAIN
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM

LOL I would like you to do what he does when he is out. THE guy drank his own pee and water out of Elephant crap!! WOULD YOU DO THAT???

Viva Las Espuelas
09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
...............and has to survive for a week without any help.kinda like the mavs in the first round. Only survivorman does just that...............................survives.

mavs>spurs2
09-21-2007, 03:45 PM
kinda like the mavs in the first round. Only survivorman does just that...............................survives.

Where the hell to you get mavs out of survivorman?

Paranoid much?

TheSanityAnnex
09-21-2007, 06:59 PM
LOL I would like you to do what he does when he is out. THE guy drank his own pee and water out of Elephant crap!! WOULD YOU DO THAT???If I was getting paid millions like him, sure, why not? I'd probably do much worse.

Samr
09-22-2007, 12:03 AM

Wow. Perfect timing. Survivorman is currently doing a "Behind the Scenes" show, right now.

TheSanityAnnex
09-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow. Perfect timing. Survivorman is currently doing a "Behind the Scenes" show, right now.Fuck, what channel........I'd love to see if he cheats like Bear.