PDA

View Full Version : Trades

Soul_Patch
09-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Just started playing Nba 2K7 yesterday again after taking a break for a couple of months.

I realised Duncan just isnt getting it done for me in my season, misses tons of layups, is only averaging about 5 rebounds a game...just not producing. I decide to shop him around for a trade.

I end up trading him and bowen to Denver for Carmello Anthony and Kenyon Martin.

got me to thinking. If you could trade duncan for a couple of younger big talents, do you pull the trigger? I know duncan doesnt suck in real life like he does in 2k7, but its still something interesting to think about.

texasqb2
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Not even an issue....Tim Duncan saved the Spurs from being shipped out of San Antonio. He has brought 4 rings to the city. He will NEVER be traded for anyone.

BacktoBasics
09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
I noticed the lack of production with him in 2k7 as well. With the refined post play for 2k8 I'm expecting a bit of a revival. I actually traded him for Theo Ratliffs expiring contract and two first rounders.

Soul_Patch
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
It is wierd, he misses wide open 5 footers, rarely can i get him to dunk anything, he lays up all the time and over 50% of the time misses em.

Many times he wont box out, and many more than that he will jus stand there and let the ball fall to the ground before he go's for it...wierd.

Strangely enough, Kenyon Martin is a lot better.

baseline bum
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
It is wierd, he misses wide open 5 footers, rarely can i get him to dunk anything, he lays up all the time and over 50% of the time misses em.

Many times he wont box out, and many more than that he will jus stand there and let the ball fall to the ground before he go's for it...wierd.

Strangely enough, Kenyon Martin is a lot better.

Are you using the shot stick? If you hold turbo and press left on the shot stick, Duncan flushes it. You can't effectively run 4-down on 2k7, but Duncan's unstoppable on the pick and roll, and can pretty routinely throw it down in his defender's face off Parker's penetration.

Also, his release is very different from most of the other players in the game. His release is like Brent Barry's, in that the shot has to be let go much earlier than with someone like Ginobili or Parker. Also, Finley and Horry have releases where you have to hold the stick for much longer.

baseline bum
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
... as for the original question, I wouldn't trade Tim for LeBron+Wade+Howard+God.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
... as for the original question, I wouldn't trade Tim for LeBron+Wade+Howard+God.
Good call. God is a great talent but from what I've read not much of a team player. Shit, he pretty much threw his own son under the bus on that whole "sins of mankind" thing. You have to think lockerroom chemistry.

BacktoBasics
09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I second that release of Duncans in the game is less fluid than some of the deeper strokers. You have to time it perfectly and release it before the height of his jump. That in of itself may be the real issue. I read somewhere that some of the more unorthodoxed and ugly releases have been refined a bit to feel more fluid. Try shooting a free throw with Tyson Chandler.

Switchman
09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
No. Duncan has been loyal and done way more than anyone of us could have imagined. I'd rather him retire a spur then us ship him off and win another ring 2-3 years from now.

ducks
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM
No. Duncan has been loyal and done way more than anyone of us could have imagined. I'd rather him retire a spur then us ship him off and win another ring 2-3 years from now.
yeah he has been loyal asking for the max and demanding to go after jason kidd first when they had tp
getting j oneal or brand would have made more sence

Switchman
09-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Tim Duncan fo lyfe.

He could have easily gone to Orlando. J Oneal??? hahahaha You're right about the 20 mil a year but he has earned it. Unlike a lot of the players the Spurs currently have.

baseline bum
09-21-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah he has been loyal asking for the max and demanding to go after jason kidd first when they had tp
getting j oneal or brand would have made more sence

You mean like when Tim looked at an aging team with only one good teammate, David Robinson, and still chose them over a much more promising core of Grant Hill, Darrell Armstrong, and Mike Miller?

The Kidd or bust plan started like two weeks after Parker was drafted, when no one in his right mind thought Parker was ready for anything more than 15-20 minutes a game.

ducks
09-21-2007, 03:47 PM
You mean like when Tim looked at an aging team with only one good teammate, David Robinson, and still chose them over a much more promising core of Grant Hill, Darrell Armstrong, and Mike Miller?

The Kidd or bust plan started like two weeks after Parker was drafted, when no one in his right mind thought Parker was ready for anything more than 15-20 minutes a game.
they won with tp
it should have stopped then and there

the front office was willing to let david walk tell the public made a stink
duncan knew what was going on

Mixability
09-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Not even an issue....Tim Duncan saved the Spurs from being shipped out of San Antonio. He has brought 4 rings to the city. He will NEVER be traded for anyone.

If Robinson got shopped around by the team back in the day, don't think they wouldn't do it to TD.

anakha
09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
they won with tp
it should have stopped then and there

I'm a huge Parker fan, but even I gotta say that viewpoint is just idiotic. :rolleyes

NOBODY knew how much Parker would and could improve during his first two seasons in the NBA. Even when the Spurs won in 2003, he was still seen as a speedy guy who occasionally had problems finishing at the hoop and a streaky at best perimeter shot. Could you fault the Spurs then for checking out the market for possible upgrades?

Also, didn't the preparations to woo Kidd begin during the 2002-2003 season, if not before, before the Spurs won the title? How can you say then that the Spurs shouldn't have pursued Kidd because they had already won with Parker? That invalidates your entire argument right there.

ducks
09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I thought kidd should have been the 3 option not first

Sense
09-21-2007, 05:53 PM
"I take a game too seriously forum" :P

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-21-2007, 05:57 PM
"I take a game too seriously forum" :P
That might be true but it seriously agitates you how unvaluable Tim is in that game.

Soul_Patch
09-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Hrmm it seems when i got someone sealed down low, i use the shot stick and he does a really nice spin to the hoop and seems to always lay it flat on the rim and it rolls off.

I must be doing something wrong i guess. It is freakin frustrating, having a wide open dish from gino, duncan running at the rim, i hit the stick and he hook shots it! haha...fuck!

Sense
09-21-2007, 06:16 PM
it's just a fucking game... get over it play another one.

baseline bum
09-21-2007, 06:56 PM
You have to shot stick left, preferably with the turbo on. Whenever I get my man sealed in the paint and execute that combination, Duncan spins past the defender and throws it down. Shot stick left is the power move when turbo is held down. You can't pull it on the block; you have to be inside of the paint to do it.

EDIT: Crap, maybe it's shot stick right. I can't check right now, as I just sent my 360 back to M$ to have the disc tray fixed. :(

As far as I know:
down usually shoots a turnaround off the glass
up usually shoots a straight-on set-shot (TD doesn't shoot jumpers :lol )
left is a power move (spin, hop, dunk)
right is a hook

Soul_Patch
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
it's just a fucking game... get over it play another one.

there there little johny, i think maybe you should take a bit of your own advice.

td4mvp21
09-22-2007, 04:27 PM
I can score 30+ with him if I make him the focus of the offense. Like baseline bum said, use turbo+shot stick to dunk it with him. Also, you can back down with him and do his turnaround hook shot, but it doesn't go in a whole lot. He has a pretty good backboard shot, hold down L button+shoot button at the same time, release it fairly quick, and he usually makes a lot of backboard shots. Drive into the paint and when the big men collapse pass off to Duncan for the easy dunk/layin. You score a lot that way.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-22-2007, 04:58 PM
The most points I've ever scored with Tim without fixing up the sliders is 52 in a 9-min quarter game.

hsxvvd
09-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Nerds.

curtismedellin
09-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Just started playing Nba 2K7 yesterday again after taking a break for a couple of months.

I realised Duncan just isnt getting it done for me in my season, misses tons of layups, is only averaging about 5 rebounds a game...just not producing. I decide to shop him around for a tradetalents, do you pull the trigger?

I know duncan doesnt suck in real life like he does in 2k7

???

damn dude get a life. There's people out there to meet, things to do. Or play your video games all day.

Soul_Patch
09-23-2007, 11:29 AM
???

damn dude get a life. There's people out there to meet, things to do. Or play your video games all day.

:cry Your right, im such a looser! Those 2hrs of video games a month really warp my brain!

anyway

I need to learn how that shot stick thing works i guess. The dunks never seem to work right for me, unless it is a fastbreak.