PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cards Fans

SrA Husker
09-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Remember when you yelled at the Cubs for booing Zambrano? How you said it NEVER happens with you guys? Here's a report from yesterdays game I read.

"The Greatest Fans in Baseball booed their freaking lungs out when Ludwick threw the ball to a base that Cairo had vacated, allowing two runs."

18-1, Losers. TO THE ASTROS!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

Your elimination number is ONE. After you lose tonight, your season will officially be over.

Oh, and about those Cubs? I'll let the Miller Lite Right-Field board tell you.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070921/capt.95def79df3e64ca8a87babbd4446c638.pirates_cubs _baseball_cxc113.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/de/fullj.getty-73396843jd011_pittsburgh_pi.jpg

DOMINATOR
09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
nice classy post by a cubs fan. :rolleyes

cards would be in 1st if carpenter didn't get hurt.

SrA Husker
09-21-2007, 05:18 PM

cards would be in 1st if carpenter didn't get hurt.

Just like it was classy for Cards to trash the Cubbie Swagger thread about booing Zambrano, when they, the self-proclaimed best fans in baseball that let their stadium become 50% cubbie blue a week ago, do it themselves.

leemajors
09-21-2007, 05:29 PM
:jack

T Park
09-21-2007, 05:30 PM
uh cub fan.

When you win more than 1 WS. let alone 1 in the last CENTURY.

Then you can run smack at us.

Congrats on your division championship, good luck getting any hits vs the Padres, DiamondBacks or Phillies.

T Park
09-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Just like it was classy for Cards to trash the Cubbie Swagger thread about booing Zambrano, when they, the self-proclaimed best fans in baseball that let their stadium become 50% cubbie blue a week ago, do it themselves.

So the Cardinals need to start screening fans before letting them come in?

What are you a Maverick fan?

K-State Spur
09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
When you win more than 1 WS. let alone 1 in the last CENTURY.

Then you can run smack at us.

I hate seeing that kind of logic on a message board. As if the accomplishments of the team that a person ROOTS FOR should have any bearing on what they can or cannot say on a message board.

Turnabout is fair play for the Husker here. Y'all did call out the Cubs fans as classless for booing.

Melmart1
09-21-2007, 07:19 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/584/9969getabrainmoransyd6.jpg

Tradition
09-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Cards had their little world series era. Now it is OVER! Enjoy watching October Baseball from home.

Trainwreck2100
09-21-2007, 08:11 PM

cards would be in 1st if Ankiel could still use his magic beans.

T Park
09-21-2007, 10:54 PM
cards would be in 1st if Ankiel could still use his magic beans

funny how those magic beans lasted 3 years.

Cards had their little world series era. Now it is OVER! Enjoy watching October Baseball from home

:lol

yeah cause Pujols is shot, and they don't have young up and coming guys.

Typical trolls.

SrA Husker
09-21-2007, 11:28 PM
:lol

Typical trolls.[/QUOTE]

Funny how Ankiel became a great power hitter overnight, and dropped back to earth after the allegations came out.

Yup, you have Pujols. But your farm still sucks and it's never been that great.

Here's Baseball America's talent rankings for the St Louis farm from 2006 (I can't pull up the 2007 one without paying money). The main saving grace then was a good 2005 draft, but one year of good draft picks doesn't make a farm, especially when they will mostly be out of the Cards organization within 3-4 years after...

2006: 21/30.
2005: 30/30.
2004: 28/30.
2003: 28/30
2002: 30/30
2001: 23/30

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/features/26854.html

However, the main reason that the Cardinals won't be sniffing a World Series soon starts with the guy managing the team... can't even stay away from the wheel while drunk for one offseason. Sure, you'll shoot back saying how great he's been and how the Cubs haven't won in 100 years, but that doesn't change the fact LaRussa's prime days are gone.

Tradition
09-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Typical trolls.

The Cards had their fluke ass season just like the Rams did in 2000. They were a fluke and cant even make it to the fucking playoffs to rightfully defend their title. As I said before, enjoy the offseason. Now run along and go eat.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-22-2007, 11:55 AM
2007 BA Rankings...

23 ST. LOUIS cardinals

Highest Ranking: No. 5 (1990).

Lowest Ranking: No. 30 (2002, 2005).

State Of The System: Beyond Albert Pujols, the Cardinals system mostly has contributed to the big league club by producing trade fodder. A series of bad drafts thinned out their minor league talent, and most of their best prospects have been signed in the last two years—meaning they’ll need time to develop. St. Louis’ 2005 draft was its best in years, featuring OFs Colby Rasmus and Daryl Jones, LHP Jaime Garcia, C Bryan Anderson and RHPs Mark McCormick and Mitchell Boggs.

Best-Stocked Position: Outfielders. Rasmus and Jones are five-tool talents. Jon Jay doesn’t have quite the same athleticism, but he’s solid across the board and Cardinals coaches already tout him as a future big league batting champ. Cody Haerther and Nick Stavinoha (another 2005 draft pick) have done nothing but hit as pros. St. Louis is also high on 2006 draftees Jon Edwards, Shane Robinson and Amaury Cazana.

Prepare For Takeoff: RHP Dennis Dove. The Cardinals are trying to patch together a bullpen, and Dove looks like he’ll fill a hole after a banner big league camp. He has the ability to throw in the mid-90s on back-to-back nights, and his funky delivery makes him harder to hit.

At A Crossroads: 3B Travis Hanson. He was the organziation’s minor league player of the year in 2005, when he hit 20 homers—two more than he has totaled in his other four pro seasons. He contracted a parasite in big league camp last year, and while that contributed to a .223 season with three homers, a defense-first third baseman isn’t going to cut it in the majors.

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Typical trolls.

Actually, barring some executive of the year type moves from Jocketty, it's a relatively old team with not a lot of huge talent on the way.

They'll be competitive if they can get their pitching healthy, but they're gonna have to hope that the central continues to struggle in order to win the division.

T Park
09-22-2007, 04:26 PM
They have a good young guy down at AAA in Blake Hawksworth, Im shocked that Johnny's thing doesn't mention him.

You bring him up. A healthy mulder, Adam Wainwright another season down, who at the majority of times this year has shown number 1 stuff, Looper has proven to be more often than not a pretty good starter. so youve got Wainwright, Looper, Mulder, Carpenter after the all star break, Hawksworth, Pineiro whos looked solid as well.

Adding a solid starter, along with 1 bat, will put the Cardinals back on top of the division.

T Park
09-22-2007, 04:28 PM
OFs Colby Rasmus and Daryl Jones, LHP Jaime Garcia, C Bryan Anderson and RHPs Mark McCormick and Mitchell Boggs.

Rasmas and Garcia are studs, as is Anderson, but I think they will package Anderson as seeing as Molina is really turning into an all star level catcher. McCormick and Boggs are a bit off.

But Garcia will replace Isringhausen, Rasmas for Edmonds.

They've got this pretty good young player that they signed away from the D Backs organization named Brian Barden, and Brendan Ryan as well, so the infield looks like its gonna be set for a long while, even after Rolen decides to hang em up.

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Rasmas and Garcia are studs, as is Anderson, but I think they will package Anderson as seeing as Molina is really turning into an all star level catcher. McCormick and Boggs are a bit off.

But Garcia will replace Isringhausen, Rasmas for Edmonds.

They've got this pretty good young player that they signed away from the D Backs organization named Brian Barden, and Brendan Ryan as well, so the infield looks like its gonna be set for a long while, even after Rolen decides to hang em up.

You make it sound like it's a forgone conclusion that they are going to make a big impact. But neither Rasmus or Garcia has dominated above A ball yet and - truth be told - most teams have a couple of prospects that are viewed in a similar (or better) light.

I'm not insinuating that they won't be key players in the very near future, but the road to last place is paved with high expectations for players in the low minors.

And Barden was awful at AAA this year. Brendan Ryan wasn't any better.

A good indicator of a poor farm system is promoting players before they dominate their current level - and you can see that throughout the Cardinals system.

leemajors
09-23-2007, 01:19 AM
this was a great gesture by the Card:

ST. LOUIS -- Craig Biggio has always appreciated the city of St. Louis, the Cardinals organization and Cardinals fans, and during an on-field pregame presentation on Saturday, the admiration was reciprocated.

The Cardinals saluted the soon-to-be-retired second baseman with a rousing ovation as general manager Walt Jocketty presented Biggio with a check for $3,053, representing the total amount of hits Biggio has recorded through his 20-year career.

The money will go to Biggio's charity, The Sunshine Kids.

Although most ballparks throughout the Major Leagues house late-arriving crowds, such is not the case in St. Louis. The majority of the fans are in their seats by the first pitch, and as a result, Biggio received a rather loud ovation during and after the presentation.

SrA Husker
09-23-2007, 01:56 AM
this was a great gesture by the Card:

Correct. Classy gesture, and I'm glad to say that Chicago did something similar earlier this month.

Retirement present
Pitchers Kerry Wood and Ryan Dempster arranged to get a ''7'' from the Wrigley Field scoreboard and an old seat bearing the number 7 to present to Astros veteran Craig Biggio after his final appearance at Wrigley on Sunday. Biggio, who wears No. 7, is retiring after the season. He is a likely future Hall of Famer with more than 3,000 hits.

samikeyp
09-23-2007, 09:03 AM
ST. LOUIS -- Craig Biggio has always appreciated the city of St. Louis, the Cardinals organization and Cardinals fans, and during an on-field pregame presentation on Saturday, the admiration was reciprocated.

The Cardinals saluted the soon-to-be-retired second baseman with a rousing ovation as general manager Walt Jocketty presented Biggio with a check for $3,053, representing the total amount of hits Biggio has recorded through his 20-year career.

The money will go to Biggio's charity, The Sunshine Kids.

Although most ballparks throughout the Major Leagues house late-arriving crowds, such is not the case in St. Louis. The majority of the fans are in their seats by the first pitch, and as a result, Biggio received a rather loud ovation during and after the presentation.

Correct. Classy gesture, and I'm glad to say that Chicago did something similar earlier this month.

Very cool. :tu

Ranger2
09-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Haha, Cards suck.

Extra Stout
09-23-2007, 02:10 PM
The whole concept of Cub fan talking trash to Cardinal fan is funny to me. The only traditional rivalries less competitive than that one I can think of are Rice-Texas and... I can't think of any others.

SrA Husker
09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
The whole concept of Cub fan talking trash to Cardinal fan is funny to me. The only traditional rivalries less competitive than that one I can think of are Rice-Texas and... I can't think of any others.

Ignoring facts again?

The Cubs lead the all-time series 1,137-1,072 through the 2007 season (by comparison, the Yankees lead the Red Sox by a bigger margin in their rivalry). They are just as even in National League pennants with the Cardinals claiming 17 and the Cubs winning 16.

During the LaRussa era over the past 12 years, the Cards lead 97-84. That's still pretty close - especially as the Cubs took the season series the past two years at least.

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Ignoring facts again?

The Cubs lead the all-time series 1,137-1,072 through the 2007 season (by comparison, the Yankees lead the Red Sox by a bigger margin in their rivalry). They are just as even in National League pennants with the Cardinals claiming 17 and the Cubs winning 16.

During the LaRussa era over the past 12 years, the Cards lead 97-84. That's still pretty close - especially as the Cubs took the season series the past two years at least.

Great. How many football MNCs have Army and harvard won back in the 1800s, and how is that relevant today?

scrubbies pennants:1876, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1885, 1886, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1910, 1918, 1929, 1932, 1935, 1938, 1945
A majority of these were won before 6 or 7 states were even states.
Not to mention that the 1885 and the 1886 teams played an early version of the World Series against the American Association Champions and lost both years. Oh yea, that was the Cardinals. But the StL fans are not so Championship starved that they have to claim them.

scrubbie World Series: 1907, 1908. Drought since 1908 is longest in major league sports history.

Not only do the Cards have 10 WS Titles since the scrubs last won one, but they have 5 since the scrubbies last won a pennant.

Remember when you yelled at the Cubs for booing Zambrano? How you said it NEVER happens with you guys? Here's a report from yesterdays game I read.

"The Greatest Fans in Baseball booed their freaking lungs out when Ludwick threw the ball to a base that Cairo had vacated, allowing two runs."

Missouri is the show me state, after all... so where is your link?

SrA Husker
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
How do world series victories, played against a different team, factor into a rivalry? As the Yankees/Red Sox can attest, a good rivalry can still happen even with one team in a multi-decade drought.

And as for the link for the original statement, here you go.

http://bleedcubbieblue.com/story/2007/9/21/91219/7804

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 05:09 PM
So the only place it can be found is on a jaded scrubbie fans' blog, who obviously is sore because everyone got on his team for booing his players. Yeah, I'll take that for fact.

Personally, I asked my uncle, who was working the board at the time, and he said it never happened.

Extra Stout
09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Ignoring facts again?

Dude, when you have to refer back to a time when the Ottoman Empire still existed in order to contend for the competitiveness of a rivalry, you lose.

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Dude, when you have to refer back to a time when the Ottoman Empire still existed in order to contend for the competitiveness of a rivalry, you lose.

THAT is some funny shit.

Cry Havoc
09-24-2007, 09:20 PM

Just keep talking, and I shall unleash my ballista on you.