PDA

View Full Version : i think it's safe to remove nebraska as a clear favorite in the north this year...

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 03:04 PM
not to say that they can't still win the division, but looks pretty wide open at this point.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-22-2007, 04:18 PM
pretty bold statement after today's events

i was saying nebraska looked weak after their first game, but was still hoping they'd beat the trojans.
i had no idea usc's massive simoan offensive line would make nebraska's look like a bunch of babies but it happened.

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 05:01 PM
hey, in the recent north, sometimes you have to wait until something is painfully obvious to make a prediction on it.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-22-2007, 06:55 PM
KState and Neb are still both better this year than last

Josh Freeman gained like 100 pounds and got 3 inches taller

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 06:58 PM
actually, with the exception of ISU - who did just beat Iowa - every team in the division looks like they saw at least some degree of upgrade.

SrA Husker
09-22-2007, 07:06 PM
It would of been nice if our Defensive Coordinator prepared the team for a game and let them know that yes, this game counted.

However, every team in the north is still 0-0. Missouri's defense is just as suspect, and you can't ignore the talent that is on Nebraska's sideline, even if the coordinator was getting nothing out of it. I would keep KU as a contender, but the other three teams don't have a chance IMHO. So yes, it's wide open for three teams and just depends who gets lucky in conference play, where anything can, will, and does happen.

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 07:42 PM
KU hasn't beaten anybody, talent-wise they are right there with ISU, and they have a coach who has never even finished .500 in the Big 12.

And I really don't see how you can rule anybody - let alone 3 teams - out when a gifted interception and missed FG were the only things that saved NUBB at home from losing to a MAC team that won't even finish near the top of that conference.

I know y'all hate KSU with a passion, but it would be really hard to be objective and say that the Cats don't look like they can play with NUBB based on what we have seen so far.

For as much as you all would love to place all of the blame on Cosgrove and pretend that a move there would fix the problem, Cally's 4 & 5 star recruits were getting pushed around in the trenches and run past by a bunch of guys who had no BCS offers.

tlongII
09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
The Big-12 is just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really BAD!

Extra Stout
09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it's safe to regard the Big 12 as Oklahoma, Texas, and 10 mid-major-caliber programs.

K-State Spur
09-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I think it's safe to regard the Big 12 as Oklahoma, Texas, and 10 mid-major-caliber programs.

What has Texas done to warrant any high standing at this point?

As rough as it's been - 1/3 to 1/2 of this conference could have accomplished what Texas has so far with that schedule.

Now...I do think Tejas is the second best team in this conference, but when we're talking about the Big 12 struggling - the UT/Ark State and UT/CFU games are definitely evidence for that discussion.

Brutalis
09-23-2007, 08:04 PM
You seen Arkansas State lately? Fool. Talking about to this point and shit.

The Big 12 is trash. It's been sexy at times but overall you just don't have enough talent left up in the region after what UT and OU get. Not to mention Arkansas or LSU at times. We find college players all the time and have used Texas for a base at times and came out good at times.

What the Big 12 needs is Arkansas, or dumping Baylor. I mean, I used to wanna move to the Big 12 cause the SEC is a one big ass spending money to cheat fest and by Danny Ford then Houston Nutt all I can say is GOD DAMN how much talent has went through at cost to terrible coaching. Arkansas would help the Big 12. Regular beatings on Kansas, KState, OSU, Baylor, TT is already .500 right? Don't mean shit to Vandy, Misstake, Ole Piss and Kentucky. Even if one of the three have a good year every so often. Those four would dominant that Big 12 four each year none the less to the country I'd bet.

Fucking off the SWC was bad for everyone. UT fans are too arrogant to imagine the money they could be earning now if it had been fixed you could say.

Nebraska has had their head up their ass for a while and need to realize it's 2007 and not the glory years. It's like, just when you think they are turning the page.. blame.. ass whooping they won't soon forget nor the country.

K-State Spur
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Regular beatings on Kansas, KState, OSU, Baylor, TT is already .500 right...Those four would dominant that Big 12 four each year none the less to the country I'd bet.

At least at Baylor they can count...