PDA

View Full Version : what do you do to save $money ?

Jimmy
09-23-2007, 12:04 AM
It's no big secret gas is 2.99 a gallon and money is tight these days so what have you done different to make ends meet?
What have you done to save money?

=RTM=
09-23-2007, 12:06 AM
=I don't eat out as much, and I download more movies=

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2007, 02:43 AM
force someone else to refill hahahaha

PM5K
09-23-2007, 05:32 AM

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-23-2007, 06:16 AM
I don't do these things FOR the money, I do them to reduce my resource footprint, but they also save money:
ride a bike instead of driving
shop at local farmer's markets (fresh food, not processed)
turn off appliances at the wall when not in use
cook in bulk and freeze what's left over
re-wear clothing that isn't dirty and doesn't stink (rather than washing after 1 wear)
...just off the top of my head.

thispego
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't do these things FOR the money, I do them to reduce my resource footprint, but they also save money:
re-wear clothing that isn't dirty and doesn't stink (rather than washing after 1 wear)
oh so not only do you not drive when you're drunk, but you dont drive at all!! wow, good for you for not getting behind the wheel after tossing back a few! :tu you're very responsible.:tu Oh And, you can get a ticket for riding your bike drunk in America.

xrayzebra
09-23-2007, 11:25 AM

Ah RNR, all of us are so proud of you. And especially
want to "thank you". Cause it leaves more for me to
use. I like to leave a huge resource footprint.

thispego
09-23-2007, 11:40 AM
yes, bravo!

09-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Monthly budget, spend every dollar on paper before the month starts.

Cut out the crap in the budget that's more of a "want" than a "need".

Don't eat out, cook at home.

Make a plan for saving for the future.

King
09-23-2007, 01:51 PM
oh so not only do you not drive when you're drunk, but you dont drive at all!! wow, good for you for not getting behind the wheel after tossing back a few! :tu you're very responsible.:tu Oh And, you can get a ticket for riding your bike drunk in America.

I know his stance on drinking and driving, but your post sounded more like criticism for NOT drinking and driving.

Sunshine
09-23-2007, 02:10 PM
We're trying to eat out less, we take one vehicle in to work since we work very close to each other, 'sack just cut out all the 'extras' on the landline, take lunch to work and bring sodas from home rather than buy them in the expensive vending machine in the break room.

Sunshine
09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Sack says:

the cable bill is next.

fatsack
09-23-2007, 02:59 PM
i think i'm gonna get the newspaper delivery cut to only Sunday.

get rid of at least one cable movie package ... the movies have been so lousy lately, i hardly watch them anyway.

and all that food in the freezer that i bought at costco because i was so hungry and it looked sooo good?
we're eating it.

Sunshine
09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm thinking about going back to highlighting my own hair again.

thispego
09-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I know his stance on drinking and driving, but your post sounded more like criticism for NOT drinking and driving.
see thread about how a decent night gets fucked up in the troll forum

09-23-2007, 03:08 PM

get rid of at least one cable movie package ... the movies have been so lousy lately, i hardly watch them anyway.

and all that food in the freezer that i bought at costco because i was so hungry and it looked sooo good?
we're eating it.

We did the same with the paper going only to weekends.

Dumped both HBO and Starz off the Dish because there wasn't crap on them and don't miss them at all.

I'd also suggest (http://www.amazon.com/Total-Money-Makeover-Financial-Fitness/dp/0785289089/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8041544-1475022?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190578038&sr=8-1)

Sunshine
09-23-2007, 03:11 PM
We did the same with the paper going only to weekends.

Dumped both HBO and Starz off the Dish because there wasn't crap on them and don't miss them at all.

I'd also suggest (http://www.amazon.com/Total-Money-Makeover-Financial-Fitness/dp/0785289089/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8041544-1475022?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190578038&sr=8-1)

My ex-husband lead a Dale Ramsey seminar at his church. He's definitely got some great ideas that can be put into action.

SpursWoman
09-23-2007, 03:37 PM

Good luck with that. I've called about 3 times, short paid and everything else I can think of, but I still get it everyday...and all I want is Sundays. :fro

Walter Craparita
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
rothIRA.

By the time I retire I will be Daily Driving a C4500 and pissing everyone off.

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Chevrolet-Kodiak-C4500.jpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2005/1003200517124053.jpg.

I'm 21 and a BIG fan of Dave Ramsey. I don't agree with him about NO debt (there is good debt) but he puts you in the right mindframe fo sho.

ChumpDumper
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
We're trying to eat out less, we take one vehicle in to work since we work very close to each other, 'sack just cut out all the 'extras' on the landline, take lunch to work and bring sodas from home rather than buy them in the expensive vending machine in the break room.You have a land line?

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-23-2007, 04:18 PM
If you're going to cancel your subscriptions, would you at least do me the benefit of reading my stories online (and only my stories... maybe I get a page view bonus).

BigBeezie
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
To save money I make sure that I only eat at a restaurant on the weekends...if at all.

I also downgraded to RoadRunner Lite, instead of having regular Roadrunner. It's funny because Time Warner eventually upgraded me to regular Roadrunner internet FOR FREE!!!

I used to have a ritual of drinking a Propel and eating beef jerky after I finished a workout. I quit doing that and it saves me money.

Instead of buying individual Monster energy drinks, I buy the 24 pack from Costco.

I also quit drinking at bars as much. I drink at home most of the time now. I am married, so it's not like I am on the prowl or something.

Jekka
09-23-2007, 06:42 PM
While living on the AmeriCorps minimum wage standard I learned a lot about cutting back - I think I had all of two drinks at a bar that entire year, I learned to cook a lot of new things well (for instance, if I roast a whole chicken at home it costs me about $4, and I have leftovers for chicken salad, etc - and pork tenderloins are some of the best cheaper cuts of meat ever), and I cut way back on going to the movies.

One of the good things I got to put into practice more was using state parks as entertainment - got me outside a lot more, and while it may use some gas to get there, it's still usually less than a bar tab costs. Manny and I are using my last three day weekend for a while to go to Guadalupe Mountains National Park and Carlsbad Caverns this week, and it gets us out of town while cutting way back on typical vacation costs. Camping equipment is a great investment.

09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Manny and I are using my last three day weekend for a while to go to Guadalupe Mountains National Park and Carlsbad Caverns this week, and it gets us out of town while cutting way back on typical vacation costs. Camping equipment is a great investment.

I really want to make the Guadalupe Mtn run. Let us know how it goes and post pics.

Jekka
09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
I really want to make the Guadalupe Mtn run. Let us know how it goes and post pics.
Will do - neither Manny nor I have been there yet, we're pretty excited. I've somehow never been to either of the national parks in Texas - we'll get around to Big Bend pretty soon I hope.

09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I so want to stand on Guadalupe Peak (Highest point in Texas), see the Pratt cabin and the pictographs as well as the Butterfield stage route (part of that runs through my family's place outside Barskdale).

Yea, I'm jealous.

Sunshine
09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
You have a land line?

Sure. I still think there are certain things a land line is good for.

ChumpDumper
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Faxes and?

Actually if you do already have a land line and don't usually use a ton of bandwidth on the net, you might save some money by using DSL instead of RoadRunner. The $20/month tier is plenty fast for most uses.

tlongII
09-23-2007, 09:47 PM
I utilize the neighbor's unsecured wireless. I also limit myself to 3 squares of toilet paper.

ploto
09-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I so want to stand on Guadalupe Peak (Highest point in Texas), see the Pratt cabin and the pictographs as well as the Butterfield stage route (part of that runs through my family's place outside Barskdale).

Great trip- been there several times but never to the top to sign the book.

Love Carlsbad. Know that if you pay to go into the big cave that your admission is good for three days.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-24-2007, 02:00 AM

Screw you and everyone like you, Ray.

Regards,

Your children, grandchildren, greatgrandchildren, etc.

:rolleyes

I will never understand people who willfully waste anything, especially their own money and the globe's NON-RENEWABLE resources.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-24-2007, 02:02 AM

No, I do drive, and I have a car, but I only use it when I have to.

That has reduced my outlay on petrol from about $80/wk to $20/wk.

Drink riding your bike is very unlikely to kill anyone, a car OTOH is 1+ ton of metal that can very easily kill some poor sod who gets in the way...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-24-2007, 02:06 AM

Mmmmmmm, I'm the bad guy for pointing out that drinking and driving above the legal BAC is a lethal activity (as proven by crash stats the world over)... yup, that sure makes sense! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

I am Tom
09-24-2007, 03:06 AM
All you tree hugger's can ride bikes till your 90 years old and all it takes is one tanker truck to roll over and explode on the HWY to make up for all the heat and smoke you would have made with your SUVs parked in the garage.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-24-2007, 03:17 AM
All you tree hugger's can ride bikes till your 90 years old and all it takes is one tanker truck to roll over and explode on the HWY to make up for all the heat and smoke you would have made with your SUVs parked in the garage.

Um, no. :rolleyes

I alone am saving about (180x12)=2,160L of petrol a year. If the whole world cut their consumption of petrol by 3/4s we would go from 84,000,000bls/DAY to 21,000,000bls/DAY.

My 2,160L a year also equates to about $2600 a year I have to spend on other things.

So, people like me, who don't believe in wasting things that we can't get back, are bad for saving themselves money and the globe nonrenewable resources, and at the same time improving their health???

You, sir, are an idiot.

PS "tree huggers" does not have an apostrophe.

PPS I am not a tree hugger, I just don't believe in WASTE.

KKK
09-24-2007, 03:24 AM
So, people like me, who don't believe in wasting things that we can't get back, are bad for saving themselves money and the globe nonrenewable resources, and at the same time improving their health???

I would like to have what this man is smoking!

Whottt.
09-24-2007, 03:40 AM

I alone am saving about (180x12)=2,160L of petrol a year.

Thanks! that's more for the rest of us.

If the whole world cut their consumption of petrol by 3/4s we would go from 84,000,000bls/DAY to 21,000,000bls/DAY.

And if the whole world would only eat more salads we would go
from 84,000,000 cows/DAY to 21,000,000cows/DAY

My 2,160L a year also equates to about $2600 a year I have to spend on other things.

Like flying to San Antonio on a fuel guzzling plane?

So, people like me, who don't believe in wasting things that we can't get back,are bad for saving themselves money and the globe nonrenewable resources, and at the same time improving their health???

How can a person who already drinks beer all day while chasing kangaroos improve his health?

You, sir, are an idiot.

I thought you don't like to waste anything, why ruin your mature intelligent post?

PS "tree huggers" does not have an apostrophe.

they don't care as long as they have trees.

PPS I am not a tree hugger, I just don't believe in WASTE.

Then why did you waste your time talking to an idiot?

Gerryatrics
09-24-2007, 06:50 AM
While living on the AmeriCorps minimum wage standard I learned a lot about cutting back - I think I had all of two drinks at a bar that entire year, I learned to cook a lot of new things well (for instance, if I roast a whole chicken at home it costs me about $4, and I have leftovers for chicken salad, etc - and pork tenderloins are some of the best cheaper cuts of meat ever), and I cut way back on going to the movies.

Which AmeriCorps program did you do?

xrayzebra
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Screw you and everyone like you, Ray.

Regards,

RNR (you cant speak for my family)

:rolleyes

I will never understand people who willfully waste anything, especially their own money and the globe's NON-RENEWABLE resources.\\

RNR, if you are going to screw me, please give me a
little kiss before or after.

BacktoBasics
09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
If you're like me and you can't seem to put money in savings without touching it you should try this.

I have the place I work at take 100 bucks a paycheck out after taxes and put it aside. Then twice a year I have them cut me a check. This way I get a few grand for the summer and a few grand before christmas. For me this has been the only way to save money. I guess because I don't see it then its not there, so I'm not inclined to try and spend whats not available to me.

ashbeeigh
09-24-2007, 10:37 AM

:tu Good ole AmeriCorps. It also helps when churches provide you with breakfast, lunch, and dinner while doing an AmeriCorps.

But as for being constructive here, I don't binge clothing shop like a lot of my other friends do and have become ever more creative with cooking like Jekka has. My family has the ATT bundle with DSL and phone service so we don't have to worry about the extra phone line.

And as for RnR's use of a car, the argument is a moot point because, in my opinion, we're arguing ideals. He's been to San Antonio before... would you really want to ride a bicycle to a Spurs game? I don't think so. Would you really want to ride a bike to the grocery store from that hotel you were at? No. At least that's the way I see it.

thispego
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Drink riding your bike is very unlikely to kill anyone, a car OTOH is 1+ ton of metal that can very easily kill some poor sod who gets in the way...
maybe you could explain that to law enforcement around the country. you could also discuss lowering the legal limit from .08 to .05 :drunk

MoSpur
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
My wife and I carpool. That saves us a lot of gas money and mileage on the vehicles, which in return saves us money on a lot of routine car stuff like oil changes not as often, tire wear, and etc. We only eat out on weekends. Using coupons at the grocery store is still a good way to save money. We cut back on sodas and buy bottle water or water in the gallons.

leemajors
09-24-2007, 12:03 PM
My wife and I carpool. That saves us a lot of gas money and mileage on the vehicles, which in return saves us money on a lot of routine car stuff like oil changes not as often, tire wear, and etc. We only eat out on weekends. Using coupons at the grocery store is still a good way to save money. We cut back on sodas and buy bottle water or water in the gallons.
why not just buy a water filter for the sink or a pitcher? you'd save even more and would be buying less plastic. environmental groups are just now realizing the harm the bottled water craze is doing, and for the most part it's just filtered water anyway.

fatsack
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
for the most part it's just municipal tap water anyway.

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I started stocking up on beer by the case when it goes on sale at HEB instead of buying 18 packs at Valero. I also saved a ton of money by switching to Geico.

=RTM=
09-24-2007, 02:43 PM
=Although I admire RuffnReadyOzStyle's passion and hard work? I don't see any of the Ice caps refreezing themselves due to him riding his bike to the local pub=

florige
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM

That bottled water is expensive. Well I know the kind I like anyway.

florige
09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I started stocking up on beer by the case when it goes on sale at HEB instead of buying 18 packs at Valero. I also saved a ton of money by switching to Geico.

You're a rich man CC. We are talking about us poor folk.

tlongII
09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
You're a rich man CC. We are talking about us poor folk.

You know he runs that rodeo thing in SA don't you? Very impressive.

florige
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
You know he runs that rodeo thing in SA don't you? Very impressive.

I figured he ran something.... :greedy

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
FYI, I don't run the rodeo.

tlongII
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
FYI, I don't run the rodeo.

That's not what you told those Silver Dancers you met.

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
That's not what you told those Silver Dancers you met.

Oh.....that...:lol

Yeah, I don't own Valero or USAA either but hey...when you are on a roll and they are buyin it you just gotta go with the flow LOL

Nbadan
09-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I trade Textbooks Socialbib (http://www.socialbib.com/) and utilize the Al Bundy string-method at local nuddie clubs....

Thunder Dan
09-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I get 24 packs of Diet Pepsi and other drinks and put them in the fridge at work. Everytime I go to get one I throw 50 cents in a jar. When I run out I always have enough to purchase more with a little extra left over. It's not much but it should add up.

tlongII
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I think I will start selling plasma....maybe bone marrow as well. It's painful, but the money's good.

Gerryatrics
09-24-2007, 07:37 PM
:tu Good ole AmeriCorps. It also helps when churches provide you with breakfast, lunch, and dinner while doing an AmeriCorps.

OK, which AmeriCorps program did you do?

Jekka
09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Which AmeriCorps program did you do?
Vista, working in rape crisis. Are you an alum?

2Blonde
09-25-2007, 01:17 AM
I try to do my part. When I was younger it meant nothing to me. Now we recycle, I don't wash my jeans everyday, If I'm not going anywhere that day then I don't shower. I turn the temp up during the day when my husband and daughter are gone. I use ceiling fans. I try to schedule my trips in to town so I can get more done. I refinish furniture to give it a new life. When I go shopping I put what I want in my cart then I think about it a while and usually I realize I don't really need whatever it is so I put it back. I don't have much trouble saving money because I hate spending money on myself. We switched to smaller, energy efficient vehicles a few years ago. Always turn out lights. I'm very artsy so I can usually remake something in a different way if I get tired of it, rather than throwing it out.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Someone please explain to me the attitudes of posters like xray and whottt who criticise me for advocating the idea that we shouldn't WASTE what we cannot get back (ie. non-renewable resources).

Furthermore, please explain to me why WASTE makes sense in any context, seeing as wasting things costs you $$$$$$$$, irrespective of any other moral or environmental arguments.

I simply don't understand.

PS I have said nothing political here in over a year, and yet any time I say anything even tenuously related to the environment, which is what I do, I am hunted down by these neo-con extremists... actually, no need to explain that one, they are just behaving like cretins as always.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-25-2007, 04:31 AM
maybe you could explain that to law enforcement around the country. you could also discuss lowering the legal limit from .08 to .05 :drunk

Okay, dickhead, bring your shit in here then. Let's explain to the good people of the club how you think drinking and driving is a GOOD THING, and how you think you can judge your ability to drive better than all of the studies done on blood alcohol content.

Want to know more, read this thread, especially pages 3 onward:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77911&page=3&pp=26

Gerryatrics
09-25-2007, 05:11 AM
Vista, working in rape crisis. Are you an alum?

Nope. I was checking out my local chapter of the American Red Cross' website to see if they had any interesting classes I could take or if they needed instructors anywhere. Went to their employment section and they had an opening for a VISTA/AmeriCorps Disaster Preparedness Specialist. Looked pretty interesting, especially since a lot of it goes along with what I'm doing now. Figured I'd ask you if you did a similar program so I could learn a little more about what it's like to volunteer for them.

The one thing that's holding me back from sending in an application (besides it having been posted a couple of months ago so it's probably already been filled) is the full time volunteer thing. More specifically how the AmeriCorps websites lists "Requires full time service without outside commitments" as a requirement for all their programs. I'm all for meetings, community events, occasional travel, field work and so on, but if I have to put in 40+ hours a week with no flexibility for a volunteer position, I think I would have to pass.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-25-2007, 06:04 AM
I try to do my part. When I was younger it meant nothing to me. Now we recycle, I don't wash my jeans everyday, If I'm not going anywhere that day then I don't shower. I turn the temp up during the day when my husband and daughter are gone. I use ceiling fans. I try to schedule my trips in to town so I can get more done. I refinish furniture to give it a new life. When I go shopping I put what I want in my cart then I think about it a while and usually I realize I don't really need whatever it is so I put it back. I don't have much trouble saving money because I hate spending money on myself. We switched to smaller, energy efficient vehicles a few years ago. Always turn out lights. I'm very artsy so I can usually remake something in a different way if I get tired of it, rather than throwing it out.

Very nice, 2Blonde, you rock! :)

If everyone changed their lives in small ways, undetectable after a week in most cases (I know because I've done it myself), we as societies could make big changes in the way we use resources. Thrift is easy and logical, and it's good for us and for future generations. I can't understand why anyone argues against it.

101A
09-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Turn up the A/C in the Summer, turn down the heater in the winter

Let Mother Nature Dry your clothes (That's a 220 plug your dryer uses - AND your clothes will last longer)

Drop cable altogether (get a TV or VCR with a Digital Tuner and you will be AMAZED at what is being broadcast RIGHT OVER THE AIR these days - I live in a rural area and am picking up all major networks in Hi-Definition)

DO NOT pay ANY credit card interest, EVER!! Pay down what you have in doable increments till they are gone, and never revolve credit again (however keep one card and use it as cash to pick up the "points" that acquire. Took the family on a Disney vacation this summer; cashed in the 2,000 points we had acquired over the past 4 years - now I use an Amazon card)

Make sure you are getting the most of any retirement matching and deferring 401K/403B offered by your employer; lower your taxes.

Pay bills on time, pay down debt, raise your credit score. The higher the credit score, the lower the interest rate when you DO need a loan (house, car, etc.)

We do all this and more, AND we make what most would consider a lot of money. EVERY dollar counts.

Jimcs50
09-25-2007, 09:20 AM
My housekeeper, butler, chef, groundskeeper and chauffeur are all illegal aliens. I save money on taxes and benefits.

Bigzax
09-25-2007, 09:23 AM
i've cut down to only half a chicken.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Mooch off friends.

xrayzebra
09-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Someone please explain to me the attitudes of posters like xray and whottt who criticise me for advocating the idea that we shouldn't WASTE what we cannot get back (ie. non-renewable resources).

Furthermore, please explain to me why WASTE makes sense in any context, seeing as wasting things costs you $$$$$$$$, irrespective of any other moral or environmental arguments.

I simply don't understand.

PS I have said nothing political here in over a year, and yet any time I say anything even tenuously related to the environment, which is what I do, I am hunted down by these neo-con extremists... actually, no need to explain that one, they are just behaving like cretins as always.

It couldn't be you, could it? Holier than thou attitude.
And obviously you don't recognize sarcasm

You couldn't just say I use my bike to save money. Nope,
you gotta go into your "I am saving the world mode".

Quote: I don't do these things FOR the money, I do them to reduce my resource footprint, but they also save money:

So I just throw you a little sarcasm bone and you take
it like a good little "resource saver" and run with it.

So have a nice day on your bike. And don't let
people like me spoil your day. Sorry I upset you,
just have a little humor in life. It will decrease you
resource footprint by not getting things any warmer.

xrayzebra
09-25-2007, 09:45 AM
My housekeeper, butler, chef, groundskeeper and chauffeur are all illegal aliens. I save money on taxes and benefits.

And graduates from A&M, I'll bet.

But sounds good to me......... :toast :p: :lol

Hey Jim how bout your caddy. And how bout those
Aggies......(opps, sorrry)

2Blonde
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Thank you so much, Jim. It does my heart good to see people doing their part. :spin

Jimmy
09-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Okay, dickhead, bring your shit in here

Talk about waste? that is some primo 1996 smack if i ever read it. you should be in the troll forum and stop wasting your talent in the club!
:wakeup
I like RuffnReadyOzStyle, but picturing him at a PETA meeting next to a soccer mom is not what I expected from an Aussie!

Forum_Etiquette_101
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
When I go shopping I put what I want in my cart then I think about it a while and usually I realize I don't really need whatever it is so I put it back.
NON-FORUM ETIQUETTE - When changing your mind on an item while grocery shopping, be sure to place the item back where you found it.

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm all about reducing my carbon footprint. I do my part by whacking wild pigs with my bow. Every year the average sow and her piglets produces 9.2 tonnes of carbon-dioxide equivalent through the methane emissions from their effluent"- The Economist, June 2, 2007 Special report on business and climate change pg. 8. I always try to kill enough to at least break even on the emissions from my big ass truck LOL

xrayzebra
09-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm all about reducing my carbon footprint. I do my part by whacking wild pigs with my bow. Every year the average sow and her piglets produces 9.2 tonnes of carbon-dioxide equivalent through the methane emissions from their effluent"- The Economist, June 2, 2007 Special report on business and climate change pg. 8. I always try to kill enough to at least break even on the emissions from my big ass truck LOL

Sounds like you got that carbon credit thing down pat.
Way to go, CC. :drunk :clap

fatsack
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM

what do you whack them with... say ..perhaps... a carbon bow and arrow?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-25-2007, 08:31 PM
It couldn't be you, could it? Holier than thou attitude.
And obviously you don't recognize sarcasm

You couldn't just say I use my bike to save money. Nope,
you gotta go into your "I am saving the world mode".

Quote: I don't do these things FOR the money, I do them to reduce my resource footprint, but they also save money:

So I just throw you a little sarcasm bone and you take
it like a good little "resource saver" and run with it.

So have a nice day on your bike. And don't let
people like me spoil your day. Sorry I upset you,
just have a little humor in life. It will decrease you
resource footprint by not getting things any warmer.

You weren't being funny, you never are. Remember, I've read your bullshit in the political forum for years and I know what you stand for.

It is you who project your "saving the world" ethic onto me. I don't believe I'm saving the world, but I also don't believe in waste, and I can't understand people who do. I don't ride my bike to save money, so I'm not going to lie and say I do - I ride it because I like the exercise, I don't want to waste the petrol, and I also happen to save money.

You couldn't upset me if you tried ray, because you mean nothing to me. But I do wonder why you are so obsessed with me. Get a fucking life, old man!

Jimmy - I'm not an animal rights activist so you'll never see me at a PETA meeting. And the bit you quoted was directed at THISPEGO who was referring to the virtues of drunk driving, so why you quoted it I have no idea.

2Blonde
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
NON-FORUM ETIQUETTE - When changing your mind on an item while grocery shopping, be sure to place the item back where you found it.

I always do. I hate it when people stick things on the wrong shelf.

1Parker1
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm thinking about going back to highlighting my own hair again.

:lmao That was my first thought as well!

Re-Animator
09-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I take the peppermint candy you get from sonic and use that to give out to kids during Halloween

iminlakerland
09-27-2007, 02:27 AM
i leave my credit card at home...just carry cash...give myself only an allowance of how much i can spend a week, once the cash is gone its gone, no getting more from the bank till the next week. Works for me!

tlongII
09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I flush once daily just before I go to bed. It reduces my water bill and I leave a smaller resource footprint.

CavsSuperFan
09-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I donate torn & dirty shirts to the local thrift store....Then after they are repaired & dry cleaned I buy them back for a couple bucks.... :smokin