PDA

View Full Version : All Suns did in past 2 years was to win series against LA teams

timmy21_4rings
09-23-2007, 12:11 PM
All Suns did in past 2 post seaons was to win series against LA teams (twice Lakers and once Clippers) and nothing else. Suns fans and Spurs haters are still thinking that Suns would have won ring had David Stern not punished Amare and Diaw. They still do not understand it is Sun's players mistake to leave the bench and do not understand Sun's assistant coaches failed to control their players.

In past 3 years, Suns did not win anything significant against Spurs (check regular season and playoff records) and somehow think that Suns was robbed.

These people are forgetting that it is 3-2 Spurs even if we discount 1 games in which Amare and Diaw did not play.

timmy21_4rings
09-23-2007, 12:14 PM
These people are forgetting that Spurs would have won against Mavs had Crawford not ejected Duncan and might potentially have 2nd best record. Had it happened, Suns would be facing Denver Nuggest and would have lost. They got a lucky break there.

Suns fans and Spurs haters should realize championship is not given at the end of 2nd round. ASK 2006 MAVS.

Fast Dunk
09-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Kill yourself

exstatic
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Take your own advice, Fas...er louis.

timmy21_4rings
09-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Kill yourself

I am laughing at your frustration...Truth to be told!!!

da_suns_fan__
09-23-2007, 03:33 PM
The obsession continues.

ChumpDumper
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM
My obsession continues.

Kamnik
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Suns dont stand a chance against Spurs without Kurt Thomas this year.

You better tank and get a decent draft pick next year.

ChumpDumper
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I think they are getting Brian Skinner to replace Thomas -- but they aren't going to use him either so it really doesn't matter.

Roxsfan
09-23-2007, 10:37 PM

Yep.

ehz33satx
09-24-2007, 01:45 AM
The obsession continues.

Honestly, we ARE obsessed with pointing out what LOSERS the Suns are. Nothing more nothing less. Your team lost game 5 with a full roster while we were missing 1 man. Your team had a chance there but could not take advantage of the situation, hence you lost. What is your excuse? I know there has to be one. You Suns fans have an excuse for everything wrong that occurs to your little JV team.

Fast Dunk
09-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Honestly, we ARE obsessed with pointing out what LOSERS the Suns are. Nothing more nothing less. Your team lost game 5 with a full roster while we were missing 1 man. Your team had a chance there but could not take advantage of the situation, hence you lost. What is your excuse? I know there has to be one. You Suns fans have an excuse for everything wrong that occurs to your little JV team.

Huh? The Suns were missing both Stoudimire and Diaw in Game 5...

Get your facts straight!

some_user86
09-24-2007, 02:49 AM
I don't visit here as often as I should now that classes at TAMU started again, so let me attempt to catch up: Fast Dunk is an undercover Suns fan, right?

anakha
09-24-2007, 03:01 AM

Maybe, maybe not.

They still get a crack at Atlanta's pick next year, right?

Shred
09-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Honest to God, people. Quit starting threads about the Suns, it's ridiculous. You just have to get over your obsession and move on.

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
...says the Suns fan who still hangs out on a Spurs board.

Hey, your team's going to have a "swashbuckling attitude" and your all-nba center has been working all summer to become a perimeter player. You have plenty to be happy about. :lol

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Remember that time when Suns fans thought that trading James Jones would get them a top 10 pick?

Nashfan
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Remember that time when Suns fans thought that trading James Jones would get them a top 10 pick?

I think you might want to worry about your own team than worry about the Suns so much. It's not like your team got any better so far in the offseason. You do remember your teams first round exit against the powerhouse known as the Warriors don't you? :)

PM5K
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Will this shit ever end?

Nashfan
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM

You do need to get your facts straight before you start spouting off. There is no excuse as far as I'm concerned, but we are not a lottery team this year or JV team as you put it. :)

Fast Dunk
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
I think you might want to worry about your own team than worry about the Suns so much. It's not like your team got any better so far in the offseason. You do remember your teams first round exit against the powerhouse known as the Warriors don't you? :)

They didn't get any better but worse, they have become the oldest team in the NBA (they seem to forget that)

This Udoka guy is a "nobody" if he was that good the Blazers would have retained him, besides how old is he?

Nashfan
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM

I think you are overstating things a bit, Duncan didn't beat us, it was your other two stars. While losing Thomas hurts, he did not stop Duncan. We just need to get a few more big bodies in there to guard Duncan so Amare can stay out of foul trouble. Kind of like your team does with Amare, since Duncan doesn't guard Amare so that he doesn't get in foul trouble.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I remember this comedic genius:

It has been reported that the Dallas Mavericks have reached a new streak of all their players having bowel movements at the same time!! :lmao

Mister Sinister
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
They didn't get any better but worse, they have become the oldest team in the NBA (they seem to forget that)

This Udoka guy is a "nobody" if he was that good the Blazers would have retained him, besides how old is he?
He's 30. And despite being the oldest team in the NBA, they're still title contenders, if not outright favorites.

Nashfan
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I remember this comedic genius:

Still having trouble letting go of that one aren't you? :)

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Will this shit ever end?

Agreed.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-24-2007, 01:03 PM
More importantly, if the Suns had Scola, how many championships would they have won by now?

ShoogarBear
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
You better tank and get a decent draft pick next year.Yeah, Sarver needs the cash.

Findog
09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
More importantly, if the Suns had Scola, how many championships would they have won by now?

If the Suns had Scola, they would retroactively be awarded every title in NBA history, even before Scola was born and the Suns were incorporated into the League. That's how good the fucker is.

ShoogarBear
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
If the Suns had Scola, they would have been so good that Cardinals would have won the Super Bowl by osmosis.

JMarkJohns
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't think advancing to the Western Conference Finals with a "big man" rotation of Marion, Diaw, Tim Thomas is anything to sneer at. They had no real PF, let alone C.

They have certainly disappointed recently. This year was a very large flop, in my book, but to have your best low-post scorer and and only low-post defender out and still advance to game six of the Western Conference Finals is a success in my title-less book. I mean, take Duncan and Duncan alone off the Spurs for a playoff run and see how hard it is. Oh... That's right, you did! In 2000... how'd that turn out? Vs. a Kidd-less and Gugliotta-less Suns team as well.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
If the Suns had Scola, they would have been so good that Cardinals would have won the Super Bowl by osmosis.
No osmosis needed. Scola would walk on for them, then rush for 2 TD's, throw for 3 more, and grab 3 interceptions and half a dozen sacks in the big game.

Kurt Warner's wife would go on the radio the next day, publicly renounce Kurt as her husband, and proclaim her undying love for one Luis Scola. Matt Leinert would do the same.

FromWayDowntown
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
I do think it's interesting that, other than JMark, the Suns fans who've posted in this thread haven't addressed the original point made and have focused instead on bashing Spurs fans.

hater
09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
to be fair, all Spurs did last 2 season is lose sadly to choker mavs in 2006 and collect the prize after the Mavs and Suns, the only 2 competitive teams, had their respective psychological meltdowns in 2007. :D

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Remember when you cried and cried and cried and cried about the litany of Suns trade rumors on the general discussion board? :cry

That was priceless. :lol

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Remember when you cried and cried and cried and cried about the litany of Suns trade rumors on the general discussion board? :cry

That was priceless. :lol
no. i've never posted on a general discussion board. remember that time you owned yourself? no, not that time, the other time.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
no. i've never posted on a general discussion board. remember that time you owned yourself? no, not that time, the other time.

Remember when you had the Leonardo DiCaprio avatar and your signature was updated to chastize the one person who made fun of you for it...and then I came around and totally ripped on you so bad that you ditched it? :lol :lol

I bet you miss that avatar, huh?

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Remember when you had the Leonardo DiCaprio avatar and your signature was updated to chastize the one person who made fun of you for it...and then I came around and totally ripped on you so bad that you ditched it? :lol :lol

I bet you miss that avatar, huh?
what?

remember that time you revealed how obsessed you are with me, rehashing inane tales of things even I don't remember? this has just gotten creepy.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
what?

remember that time you revealed how obsessed you are with me, rehashing inane tales of things even I don't remember? this has just gotten creepy.

So embarrassed that youre playing dumb now?

Cmon Monosylab1k...we all remember the Leo avatar!!!

Tell us again what your favorite DiCaprio film is again. Or did you actually prefer his stint on "Growing Pains"? :lol

Findog
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
what?

You better hope da_suns_fan doesn't have your IP address, mono. The more you own them, the more obsessed they get with "getting even." I'd take some precautions if I were you.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 03:14 PM
You better hope da_suns_fan doesn't have your IP address, mono. The more you own them, the more obsessed they get with "getting even." I'd take some precautions if I were you.

Is that why you follow me from thread to thread?

Youre still trying to "get even"? :lol

That makes sense.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM

That makes sense.
uh, you followed me in this thread. check it again dumbass. I didn't say shit to you. You voluntarily decided to respond to something not even related to you.

You're still trying to "get even"? :lol

Mister Sinister
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
No osmosis needed. Scola would walk on for them, then rush for 2 TD's, throw for 3 more, and grab 3 interceptions and half a dozen sacks in the big game.

Kurt Warner's wife would go on the radio the next day, publicly renounce Kurt as her husband, and proclaim her undying love for one Luis Scola. Matt Leinert would do the same.
If the Suns had Scola, AIDS, cancer, world hunger, oil prices, and the conflict in Iraq would all be solved.

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
uh, you followed me in this thread. check it again dumbass. I didn't say shit to you. You voluntarily decided to respond to something not even related to you.

You're still trying to "get even"? :lol

Huh???????????????

Holy Shit, I think I've just uncovered a single poster using two screen names!!!

FINDOG AND MONOSYLAB1K ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!!

This actually makes a lot of sense.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Mister Sinister
09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Huh???????????????

Are you and FinDog the same person?!!!!

I think I've just uncovered a single poster using two screen names!!!

FINDOG AND MONOSYLAB1K ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!!

This actually makes a lot of sense.

:lol :lol :lol :lol
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/Demotivators/failure_2.jpg

OldDirtMcGirt
09-24-2007, 06:54 PM
All Suns did in past 2 post seaons was to win series against LA teams (twice Lakers and once Clippers) and nothing else. Suns fans and Spurs haters are still thinking that Suns would have won ring had David Stern not punished Amare and Diaw. They still do not understand it is Sun's players mistake to leave the bench and do not understand Sun's assistant coaches failed to control their players.

In past 3 years, Suns did not win anything significant against Spurs (check regular season and playoff records) and somehow think that Suns was robbed.

These people are forgetting that it is 3-2 Spurs even if we discount 1 games in which Amare and Diaw did not play.

Nobody gave us a shot in '06. And that team was really nothing like the team last year. And to say that we wouldn't have beaten the nuggets is just laughable. You don't beat Phoenix by running with them. Denver is an awful matchup for us.

Do I think that we would've won a rign? Not really. But I have no idea. Did we have a chance? You bet your ass.

FromWayDowntown
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
You can change the stat and make it even more poignant, in some sense -- all the Suns did in the past 2 years was to win series against teams that failed to win at least 50 games in the regular season.

In the last 3 years, since the Suns got Nash and improved dramatically, the elite teams (teams that have reached the Finals or more than one Conference Finals in the last 3 seasons) have the following playoff series records against teams that won 50 games in the regular season:

SAS -- 6-1 (.833)(d. 07 CLE, 07 UTH, 07 PNX, 05 DET, 05 PNX, 05 SEA; l. 06 DAL)
MIA -- 2-1 (.667)(d. 06 DAL, 06 DET; l. 05 DET)
DAL -- 3-2 (.600)(d. 06 PNX, 06 SAS, 05 HOU; l. 06 MIA, 05 PNX)
DET -- 2-3 (.400)(d. 06 CLE, 05 MIA; l. 07 CLE, 06 MIA, 05 SAS)
CLE -- 1-2 (.333)(d. 07 DET; l. 07 SAS, 06 DET)
PNX -- 1-3 (.250)(d. 05 DAL; l. 07 SA, 06 DAL, 05 SAS)

da_suns_fan__
09-24-2007, 09:01 PM
You can change the stat and make it even more poignant, in some sense -- all the Suns did in the past 2 years was to win series against teams that failed to win at least 50 games in the regular season.

In the last 3 years, since the Suns got Nash and improved dramatically, the elite teams (teams that have reached the Finals or more than one Conference Finals in the last 3 seasons) have the following playoff series records against teams that won 50 games in the regular season:

So youre not JEALOUS of all the attention the Suns get are you?

Spurs fans are mad at the wrong guys. You all knew this was coming the day Horry caused the suspensions. Your own San Antonio Express writers pointed out that you don't want to win "this way".

This is the consequence. The Spurs get zero respect and the Suns are loved by all.
:clap

No doubt the Suns will be favored to win again. Spurs better hope for another lucky break (no Joe Johnson, No Amare/Diaw).

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Spurs fans are mad at the wrong guys. You all knew this was coming the day Horry caused the suspensions. Your own San Antonio Express writers pointed out that you don't want to win "this way".

This is the consequence. The Spurs get zero respect and the Suns are loved by all.

No doubt the Suns will be favored to win again. Spurs better hope for another lucky break (no Joe Johnson, No Amare/Diaw).
Can you tell me exactly what any of this has to do with FWD's post? He posted the stats of conference finals/finals teams over the last 3 years, so where do you get all this crap about us being jealous and mad?

FromWayDowntown
09-24-2007, 09:39 PM

I couldn't care less about whatever attention the Suns get. Basketball, for me, isn't about popularity -- it's about winning. My team is winning right now and that's what I'm interested in. So you're right, I'm not jealous of all the attention the Suns get; I'm thrilled with watching my team win championships.

I'm not mad at anyone. Someone brought up a statistic and I merely tried to advance the conversation by adding another statistic. I've noticed that all you bring to the conversation is insults of Spurs fans. Curious that you either choose to bring no substance or are unable to bring any substance. Regardless of the reason, it is abundantly clear that your purpose here has nothing whatsoever to do with actually discussing basketball. I'm sorry for you that your life is so pathetic that you derive some sick enjoyment from just trolling an internet forum -- as a human being, I do hope that you'll find more productive and happier ways to pass your time.

Or Suns fans can hope for another convienent excuse. . . .

And is that "again" the notion that the Suns will be favored to win? I didn't notice that the Suns were a particular favorite anywhere last year or even the year before -- and they certainly weren't a favorite in 2005. It couldn't be that the Suns are favored to win again, since they've not won anything that really matters; but it's hard to say a team will be favored again when it's never before been a prohibitive favorite.

timmy21_4rings
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM

Don't know what caused you to respond this way to his post. :elephant

cherylsteele
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
They said the same kind of thing about bowen when he came here.

duncan228
09-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Basketball, for me, isn't about popularity -- it's about winning.

I've noticed that all you bring to the conversation is insults of Spurs fans. Curious that you either choose to bring no substance or are unable to bring any substance. Regardless of the reason, it is abundantly clear that your purpose here has nothing whatsoever to do with actually discussing basketball.

It couldn't be that the Suns are favored to win again, since they've not won anything that really matters; but it's hard to say a team will be favored again when it's never before been a prohibitive favorite.

As always, FromWayDowntown brings everything to the light for us to see clearly.
Your entire post was, as always, elegant and articulate.
These quotes I think strike the heart of the matter beautifully.

Thank you. :toast
It's a joy to have you on this forum.

And...it's not just because I'm also a Spurs fan.
I find your posts wonderful to read even when I don't agree with you.
You inform and educate without ever being nasty about it.
For me it's a real breath of fresh air.

ShoogarBear
09-24-2007, 11:38 PM
da_suns_fan vs. FWD matching wits is a microcosm of the Suns vs. the Spurs playing basketball.

ehz33satx
09-24-2007, 11:53 PM

That makes sense.

You and your "JV team" Phoenix Suns are nowhere NEAR being even with the San Antonio Spurs, not even close! It's kind of like when your little brother is trying to fight you while your keeping him at bay with 1 outstretched arm! Then you let your arm drop and little brother falls to the ground crying out for mama, "Mama! Mama! Help me! Big brother keeps kicking my ass!"

Xylus
09-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Next year's going to be fun.

Nashfan
09-25-2007, 12:03 AM
You and your "JV team" Phoenix Suns are nowhere NEAR being even with the San Antonio Spurs, not even close! It's kind of like when your little brother is trying to fight you while your keeping him at bay with 1 outstretched arm! Then you let your arm drop and little brother falls to the ground crying out for mama, "Mama! Mama! Help me! Big brother keeps kicking my ass!"

Keep convincing yourself that the Suns are a JV team. I think you are pretty delusional. The Suns are a top three team and your team barely skated by this year against us so don't count the Suns out just yet. I think you are slightly overconfident right now. We lost James Jones, who did not produce for us and got Grant Hill who can actually shoot and pass the ball and draw fouls and we just signed Brian Skinner who will bang and rebound for us like Kurt Thomas minus the fifteen foot shot, so Amare won't have to guard Duncan. Hopefully, PJ Brown will sign and give us another big man. Skinner will guard Duncan and help keep Amare out of foul trouble, kind of like Oberto and Elson do for the Spurs to keep Duncan out of foul trouble if he tried to guard Amare one on one. Suns drafted two defensive minded rookies that hopefully will contribute and we have the rest of last years team intact. So, we are not a JV team like you think. Don't count out the Suns quite yet. :)

Mister Sinister
09-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Next year's always fun, Xylus. Doesn't matter who your team is, as long as you like the game, next year is always worth the wait.

z0sa
09-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Actually, in 05 I seem to remember Tim guarding Amare quite a few times, which is why many considered him an MVP sort of player because he could score so easily on Tim ..

monosylab1k
09-25-2007, 08:43 AM
da_suns_fan vs. FWD matching wits is a microcosm of the Suns vs. the Spurs playing basketball.
:lol :tu

zepn
09-25-2007, 08:58 AM
may have already been covered, but...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/092409suns-ON.html

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 24, 2007 08:14 PM

The Suns have their new big man.

Eight-year veteran Brian Skinner and the Suns agreed to terms Monday on a one-year veteran's minimum deal, half of which is guaranteed. If Skinner remains on the team when opening day rosters are set Oct. 29, his $1.1 million salary will be fully guaranteed.

Skinner, 31, was the best of the big man prospects the Suns considered because he can offer Phoenix rebounding and defense with enough speed to play at the Suns' pace. Initial plans would be to have a platoon backup center system with Skinner and returnee Sean Marks, who played three games for Phoenix last season. Skinner is accepting of the part-time role and had Phoenix atop his wish list because he wanted to play for a title contender after missing the playoffs last season, when he had 44 starts for Milwaukee.

Findog
09-25-2007, 09:03 AM

In a battle of wits, da_suns_fan is always unarmed. Against FWD, it's the Spurs or Mavs versus the local girls' jayvee squad.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't think I've ever read a harsher insult of Phoenix Suns basketball than this statement.

ambchang
09-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not mad at anyone. Someone brought up a statistic and I merely tried to advance the conversation by adding another statistic. I've noticed that all you bring to the conversation is insults of Spurs fans. Curious that you either choose to bring no substance or are unable to bring any substance. Regardless of the reason, it is abundantly clear that your purpose here has nothing whatsoever to do with actually discussing basketball. I'm sorry for you that your life is so pathetic that you derive some sick enjoyment from just trolling an internet forum -- as a human being, I do hope that you'll find more productive and happier ways to pass your time.

I think you are just jealous of da_suns_fan ability to not win any argument and get all the attention.

RonMexico
09-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Yeah, nice job losing all credibility... the most famous Game 5 in Western Conference Semifinal history and this genius screws it up, while displaying arrogance only the president of Iran could muster.

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Or Suns fans can hope for another convienent excuse. . . .

And is that "again" the notion that the Suns will be favored to win? I didn't notice that the Suns were a particular favorite anywhere last year or even the year before -- and they certainly weren't a favorite in 2005. It couldn't be that the Suns are favored to win again, since they've not won anything that really matters; but it's hard to say a team will be favored again when it's never before been a prohibitive favorite.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/specials/preview/2006/scouting.reports/

:wakeup

Oh, Gee!!
09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/specials/preview/2006/scouting.reports/

You were wrong FWD; the Suns were favored to win it all in 2006 according to SI. How foolish you must feel to be a fan of a team that has actually won several championships, and not a fan of the team that was favored to win at least one by some guy at SI. You, me, and all Spurs fan should hang our heads in shame. :cry

Cry Havoc
09-25-2007, 10:48 AM

Hey, wow, that's the same magazine that picked the New Orleans Saints a month ago....

As 2007-2008 SuperBowl Champions.

Yeah. Brilliant reference.

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey, wow, that's the same magazine that picked the New Orleans Saints a month ago....

As 2007-2008 SuperBowl Champions.

Yeah. Brilliant reference.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2006/news/story?page=Predictions0607

Chad Ford, Scoop Jackson, Ric Bucher, Tim Legler and David Thorpe all picked the Suns as well.

My point was that the Suns HAVE been favored to win the championship and they will continue to be....and I just owned FROMWAYDOWNTOWN. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Do us all a favor. Go to a dictionary website, figure out what the term "prohibitive favorite" means, and then realize that 5 ESPN people (same number who picked the Suns) had the Spurs as their pick. The only difference between the groups of five is that the ones that picked the Spurs were actually right.

Besides I wouldn't really fly the flag of Scoop Jackson too proudly. Looking through those predictions he went 2/9 including picking the Rockets to win the SW division. You didn't own FWD. You exposed your third grade reading comprehension. Again.

ehz33satx
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah, nice job losing all credibility... the most famous Game 5 in Western Conference Semifinal history and this genius screws it up, while displaying arrogance only the president of Iran could muster.

To a Suns fans, the game was the most famous semifinals in history,
a game never to be forgotten.

To a Spurs fans, it was just another game on the road to winning a
championship. As a Spurs fan who is proud of his team for being 4X NBA
Champions, yes i might sound arrogant, but thats what winning does to
you.

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Do us all a favor. Go to a dictionary website, figure out what the term "prohibitive favorite" means, and then realize that 5 ESPN people (same number who picked the Suns) had the Spurs as their pick. The only difference between the groups of five is that the ones that picked the Spurs were actually right.

Besides I wouldn't really fly the flag of Scoop Jackson too proudly. Looking through those predictions he went 2/9 including picking the Rockets to win the SW division. You didn't own FWD. You exposed your third grade reading comprehension. Again.

"Prohibitive" was FWD's word, not mine dumbass.

And go ask Bill Simmons who the prohibitive favorite is :toast

Oh, Gee!!
09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
wow, you're actually arguing about whether (and to what degree) the suns were favored to win a championship they never won.

TDMVPDPOY
09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
im enjoying the destruction of the suns organization as a whole

now mary wants a 60mill extention over 3 years, rashard lewis money....

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Being favored to win by the media is what's important.

http://img.nytstore.com/IMAGES/NSAPAP10_LARGE.JPG

Reggie Miller
09-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Actually, the five who picked SA are much more respected names in terms of basketball analysis. 3 of the 5 listed by du_suns_fans built their entire careers around jock sniffing. Not exactly credible proof.

As you pointed out, Jackson is the worst of a bad lot.

RonMexico
09-25-2007, 02:04 PM
To a Suns fans, the game was the most famous semifinals in history,
a game never to be forgotten.

To a Spurs fans, it was just another game on the road to winning a
championship. As a Spurs fan who is proud of his team for being 4X NBA
Champions, yes i might sound arrogant, but thats what winning does to
you.

I forgot - no Spurs fans ever spoke about those suspensions or gloated at the fact Mike D'Antoni ran 6 guys ragged that game and lost it in the end.

It's not like it was the pivotal game in the only series that offered the Spurs legitimate contention on their path to the title.

No one else ever spoke about it, either. Dan Patrick never interviewed David Stern... moron

Findog
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Hmm, the Suns couldn't beat the Spurs with a guy who does the best job of defending Duncan around, they sell him, James Jones and the draft picks off and bring in Grant Hill's antler hooves to replace them and they're the favorites?

The only way Phoenix is getting out of the West is if Dallas beats San Antonio for them. The Suns would probably beat the Mavs in a seven-game series, but they're NOT getting past San Antonio with their current roster.

Ah, I see da_dumbass posted 06-07 predictions. Point still stands, the Suns took a step back this offseason. They had better hope Dallas meets San Antonio before they do.

OldDirtMcGirt
09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Hmm, the Suns couldn't beat the Spurs with a guy who does the best job of defending Duncan around, they sell him, James Jones and the draft picks off and bring in Grant Hill's antler hooves to replace them and they're the favorites?

The only way Phoenix is getting out of the West is if Dallas beats San Antonio for them. The Suns would probably beat the Mavs in a seven-game series, but they're NOT getting past San Antonio with their current roster.

Ah, I see da_dumbass posted 06-07 predictions. Point still stands, the Suns took a step back this offseason. They had better hope Dallas meets San Antonio before they do.

James Jones is a fucking scrub. Grant Hill is a big upgrade over him, even if he isn't healthy the entire season. And while losing Thomas is tough, having him guard Duncan isn't one of the biggest keys for us to beating the Spurs (it's Amare staying out of foul trouble). We pretty much stayed where we were, nothing really killed us, and we didn't get better either.

SRJ
09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
da_suns_fan leans on Bill Simmons for his sports picks. :lol

Hey DSF, where do you get your news? The Colbert Report?

Anyway, Findog is right. Phoenix could win the championship if someone else would take care of the Spurs for them.

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Since this guy has been glossed to death by his fellow posters, I thought I might as well prove that I can own his ass too.

This will be easy because he went to the FinDog school of chrery-picking his data.

First of all, his criteria for what counts as wins and losses is so screwed up he should get a job with the BCS. Phoenix defeats Dallas in 2005, but they both get 1-1 records for that year even though Phoenix proved they were the superior team. Phoenix wins their 2007 first round matchup and Dallas does not, yet Phoenix gets an 0-1 record for 2007 while Dallas STAYS PERFECT (0-0) even though they lost to a team that DIDN'T win 50 games. As you can see, his analysis starts to take on a life of his own.

Cleveland isn't penalized NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS in 2005. Miami isn't docked for losing in the first round this year either.

Its also interesting how he selects "elite" teams. His test group consists of teams that have been to the conference finals multiple times or have reached the finals. He doesn't just select "conference finals" because that would mean he would have to include the Jazz who would be 0-1. He doesn't select "team who have been to multiple conference finals" because that would eliminate the Mavericks and the Cavaliers. He doesn't select "teams that have reached the finals" because that would eliminate the Suns! You could argue that he's pushing for a larger test group, yet he doesn't let the Rockets in even though a win again them count just as much as a win against the Spurs. :drunk

Basically, his analysis is just stupid. I could make an analysis of teams records against fellow conference teams that have made the finals over the past three years, and the ranks would be Dallas (1-0), Phoenix (1-3) and San Antonio (0-1).

Since the Suns added Nash, they've only put up a WINNING RECORD against every other team in the NBA minus the Spurs. They've had a book written about them and how they're changing the NBA. They've gone fighting for any type of recognition to the maximum number of national tv appearances allowed. This past year, they took the NBA Champions further than any other team, and would have won had it not been for suspensions to their front court for a game 5 that they earned the right to play at home during the regular season.

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN is just another bitter Spurs fan. Bitter the Suns continue to be America's team while San Antonio is labeled as either "boring" or "the team with Eva's husband". But like I said, don't be angry at the Suns, its not their fault everybody loves them.

That was easy....who's next?

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 09:13 PM
All the Suns did in the past 2 years was beat the teams they were supposed to beat.

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 09:18 PM

FinDog, how many times have I owned you THIS week? My last count was three.

Shall we make it four?

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN stated that the Suns have never been the favorites to win the championship. So I brought up links from this past year where several experts from Sports Illustraded and ESPN picked them to win the championship.

I can't argue that the Suns were favored to win in the past based off picks for them to win in the future. This is such a stupid idea I honestly have no idea why you bother even posting anymore.

YOU KNOW Im going to embarrass you! Why do you keep asking for more? :lol

What else you got? Want to go for five, BROTHA!!! (bolded statement is for monosylab1k).

picnroll
09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Who cares about the Suns. A bad defensive team has managed to get even worse. This year they'll slide downhill and -'Antonio will be history.

Xylus
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Who cares about the Suns.
A lot of people do.

FromWayDowntown
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Phoenix defeats Dallas in 2005, but they both get 1-1 records for that year even though Phoenix proved they were the superior team.

Wrong -- Phoenix gets a 1-1 record for the playoffs in 2005 because while they beat a 50+ win team in Dallas, they also lost to a 50+ win team in San Antonio. Dallas gets a 1-1 record for the playoffs in 2005 because they beat a 50+ win team in Houston and lost to a 50+ win team in Phoenix. San Antonio gets a 3-0 record for the playoffs in 2005 because they beat 50+ win teams in Seattle, Phoenix, and Detroit.

Phoenix wins their 2007 first round matchup and Dallas does not, yet Phoenix gets an 0-1 record for 2007 while Dallas STAYS PERFECT (0-0) even though they lost to a team that DIDN'T win 50 games. As you can see, his analysis starts to take on a life of his own.
See, you're making an argument here that is entirely different from my argument. Please do try to keep up. My point was that Phoenix has only won 1 playoff series in the last 3 years against a team that won 50+ games -- the aforementioned 2005 WCSF series against Dallas. Because my question isn't how many series a team has won in total, but how many series a team has won against other teams that bothered to win 50+ games, there's no reason to penalize Dallas in 2007. You're right, they didn't even play a team that won 50 games; but that doesn't change the fact that in the last 3 years, the Mavs have won more playoff series against clubs that won 50+ games in the regular season than the Suns have since 2005.

It's not as if 50 wins is some arbitrary number, given that the 50 win mark tends to separate good teams from those who are just good enough to make the playoffs.

Cleveland isn't penalized NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS in 2005. Miami isn't docked for losing in the first round this year either.
Again, I'm not trying to come up with some sort of wholesale analysis of playoff success in recent years; I'm simply trying to show that the Suns haven't beaten a good team -- a team that won 50+ regular season games -- in a playoff series since 2005. You can't refute that fact.

Trying to penalize Cleveland or Miami is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that Cleveland has beaten as many 50+ win teams in playoff series as the Suns have and Miami has beaten one more, not to mention having bothered to win a title. The Cavs have played 6 series in that time; the Suns have played 8.

Its also interesting how he selects "elite" teams. His test group consists of teams that have been to the conference finals multiple times or have reached the finals. He doesn't just select "conference finals" because that would mean he would have to include the Jazz who would be 0-1. He doesn't select "team who have been to multiple conference finals" because that would eliminate the Mavericks and the Cavaliers. He doesn't select "teams that have reached the finals" because that would eliminate the Suns! You could argue that he's pushing for a larger test group, yet he doesn't let the Rockets in even though a win again them count just as much as a win against the Spurs. :drunk

I was trying to find a representative sample, a key part of any statistical analysis. You don't like my definition of the criteria? Try this one -- let's look at all teams that have played more than 5 playoff series in the last 3 years.

SAS -- 10
DET -- 10
PNX -- 8
MIA -- 8
DAL -- 7
CLE -- 6

Well, look at that!! It's exactly the same teams! Amazing!

But if you want me to include the Jazz and their 3 playoff series during that time, then congratulations -- your team has as many series wins agianst 50+ win teams as the Jazz do since 2005 (since the 2007 Jazz beat the 52-win Rockets in the First Round in 2007). Though Utah, at 1-1 against 50+ win teams actually has a better record.

Basically, his analysis is just stupid. I could make an analysis of teams records against fellow conference teams that have made the finals over the past three years, and the ranks would be Dallas (1-0), Phoenix (1-3) and San Antonio (0-1).

Actually, my analysis shows that the Suns have struggled to beat quality teams playoff series since 2005. If I had wanted to prove absolutely nothing, I might have chosen to go with your analysis, but I'm far more interested in using statistics and history to find fact -- I'm not really here to disparage other teams and their fans.

Since the Suns added Nash, they've only put up a WINNING RECORD against every other team in the NBA minus the Spurs.

But they still haven't beaten anyone worth a damn at playoff time in at least 2 years.

They've had a book written about them and how they're changing the NBA.

You didn't really read Seven Seconds or Less if you think that's what it's about. In any event, you keep returning to irrelevancies that can't overcome rock-solid facts.

They've gone fighting for any type of recognition to the maximum number of national tv appearances allowed.

Another way to do that would be to beat someone good at playoff time -- something that, I guess I should repeat, they haven't done in at least 2 years.

This past year, they took the NBA Champions further than any other team, and would have won had it not been for suspensions to their front court for a game 5 that they earned the right to play at home during the regular season.

Boo-freakin-hoo. Don't leave the bench -- the rule is written in black and white. In any event, you are right in that my analysis didn't try to consider moral victories (like being the most competitive opponent of the eventual champion) in assessing playoff successes, but that's probably because I don't consider a moral victory to be a playoff success.

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN is just another bitter Spurs fan. Bitter the Suns continue to be America's team while San Antonio is labeled as either "boring" or "the team with Eva's husband".

As long as the Spurs are labeled CHAMPIONS -- something that's happened twice in the period covered by my survey -- I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of the Spurs. And frankly, I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of the Suns, either. The issues concerning which team is better are settled on the basketball court, not in the court of public opinion (as you would apparently prefer). You could call the Spurs anything you wanted to and I wouldn't care. But when you start making qualitative assessments that are susceptible of quantitative measurement and your assessments are demonstrably wrong, I will call you out.

But like I said, don't be angry at the Suns, its not their fault everybody loves them.

Yawn. There's that whole popularity = championships thing again.

Your lack of substance is quite telling -- lather, rinse, repeat

Indeed -- having dispensed with you again, I should start looking for my next target. This isn't even sporting . . . .

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:15 PM
FinDog, how many times have I owned you THIS week?

My last count was three.

Learn to count.

Shall we make it four?

The next one will be one.

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN stated that the Suns have never been the favorites to win the championship. So I brought up links from this past year where several experts from Sports Illustraded and ESPN picked them to win the championship.

It doesn't really matter what "experts" like Scoop Jackson or Bill Simmons think. I wasn't even contesting that the Suns are a trendy pick to do things they're not capable of. My only point was that the only way Phoenix can win a title is for Dallas to beat San Antonio for them. You can't contest that. Dallas and Phoenix is a 50/50 proposition, whereas San Antonio owns Phoenix.

I can't argue that the Suns were favored to win in the past based off picks for them to win in the future. This is such a stupid idea I honestly have no idea why you bother even posting anymore.

You're descending into incoherence again.

YOU KNOW Im going to embarrass you! Why do you keep asking for more?

Because I appreciate irony.

What else you got?

The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings.

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:19 PM
James Jones is a fucking scrub. Grant Hill is a big upgrade over him, even if he isn't healthy the entire season. And while losing Thomas is tough, having him guard Duncan isn't one of the biggest keys for us to beating the Spurs (it's Amare staying out of foul trouble). We pretty much stayed where we were, nothing really killed us, and we didn't get better either.

James Jones can stay healty, play defense and hit the outside shot, three things Grant Hill cannot do. Hill will help them in the locker room, can run the offense when Nash is getting a breather, and right now I'd say they would beat Dallas in a seven-game series. However, getting killed on the boards and having no answer for Duncan is why Phoenix can't get past the Spurs. Phoenix is only coming out of the West if they face Dallas and not San Antonio.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 10:19 PM
. . . And the winner of this month's "Using a Bazooka on a Butterfly" award goes to . . .

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Since the Suns added Nash, they've only put up a WINNING RECORD against every other team in the NBA minus the Spurs. They've had a book written about them and how they're changing the NBA. They've gone fighting for any type of recognition to the maximum number of national tv appearances allowed. This past year, they took the NBA Champions further than any other team, and would have won had it not been for suspensions to their front court for a game 5 that they earned the right to play at home during the regular season.

Welcome to Who Gives a Fuck, Population you. That whole "changing the NBA" thing, what are you, 12? Are you too young to remember Run TMC or Showtime?

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2007, 10:22 PM
And the winner of this month's "Using a Bazooka on a Butterfly" award goes to . . .
:lol

That was probably the biggest ownage I've ever seen on here.

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
:lol

That was probably the biggest ownage I've ever seen on here.

da_suns_fan gets owned everytime he hits "submit reply." He could say that the earth is round and the sky is blue and still managed to get owned.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
da_suns_fan gets owned everytime he hits "submit reply." He could say that the earth is round and the sky is blue and still managed to get owned.
:lol :tu He's been owned many many times but FWD just flat out raped him in all his holes.

Hemotivo
09-25-2007, 10:42 PM
:lmao

Walter Craparita
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Since this guy has been glossed to death by his fellow posters, I thought I might as well prove that I can own his ass too.

This will be easy because he went to the FinDog school of chrery-picking his data.

First of all, his criteria for what counts as wins and losses is so screwed up he should get a job with the BCS. Phoenix defeats Dallas in 2005, but they both get 1-1 records for that year even though Phoenix proved they were the superior team. Phoenix wins their 2007 first round matchup and Dallas does not, yet Phoenix gets an 0-1 record for 2007 while Dallas STAYS PERFECT (0-0) even though they lost to a team that DIDN'T win 50 games. As you can see, his analysis starts to take on a life of his own.

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN is just another bitter Spurs fan. Bitter the Suns continue to be America's team while San Antonio is labeled as either "boring" or "the team with Eva's husband". But like I said, don't be angry at the Suns, its not their fault everybody loves them.

haha what's to be bitter about? Spurs are 4 time champs and the class of professional sports teams.

Trust us man, maybe it is because the cali garbage rubs off on you cali wannabes...but we couldn't give two shits about popularity contests.

We go on American idol and we are that 40 yr old guy who can sing with the best of them but has no marketing potential. Suns go on American Idol and well.....we all saw Sanjia (sp)

Complainer
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
When is Kori going to step up to the plate and can these losers? :dizzy

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I just owned a TEAM of Texans!!!

FinDog, Im proud of you for not backpedalling and trying to come with new definitions for words like "past" etc. the way youve done in the past.

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN, youre definately no Hollinger. Your "analysis" was flawed in so many ways (as I proved) but you aren't enough of a man to just admit that it was STUPID! Your whole point was to try to judge team success over the past three years, but your arguments had so many holes Im guessing your hero is Michael Moore. Why penalize Dallas for losing in the first round while attempting to gage team success when that doesn't support your argument, right?

A lot of conspiracy theorists do this. They pick a theory and throw out all data that doesn't support that theory!

Nice try Texas. Who's next? :lol

Findog
09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I just got owned by a TEAM of Texans!!!

I surrender

fixed.

Mister Sinister
09-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh, my God. FWD, the ownage you inflicted was absolutely beautiful. It was as though all suck and fail had been viciously raped by win and awesome. In the butt.

timmy21_4rings
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM

What a STUPID analogy, in past three years SA went to finals 2 times and Dallas went once. So this should be 2-1 (lost to Dallas once and never lost to anyone in other times). SA was the last team standing in these 2 times.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Every so often a thread comes along that makes you wonder, "What ever happened to this guy?"
http://www.velvetrevolution.us/images/07-minister.jpg

monosylab1k
09-25-2007, 11:08 PM

FinDog, Im proud of you for not backpedalling and trying to come with new definitions for words like "past" etc. the way youve done in the past.

FROMWAYDOWNTOWN, youre definately no Hollinger. Your "analysis" was flawed in so many ways (as I proved) but you aren't enough of a man to just admit that it was STUPID! Your whole point was to try to judge team success over the past three years, but your arguments had so many holes Im guessing your hero is Michael Moore. Why penalize Dallas for losing in the first round while attempting to gage team success when that doesn't support your argument, right?

A lot of conspiracy theorists do this. They pick a theory and throw out all data that doesn't support that theory!

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/207/1038359165owwimplo2jpgry5.jpg

Beno Udrih
09-25-2007, 11:29 PM
:lol So true.

timmy21_4rings
09-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Looks like Suns fans do not have any brain at all. This guy has picked an article that picked 4 teams (HEAT, NETS, SUNS and MAVERICKS) to be on Conference finals and none of them were in conference finals. How ugly can it get?

These are the kind of authors/writers/experts/analysts(so called) that would write Suns are robbed to justify their pick and avoid any potential firing.

How is your 401k doing buddy?

timmy21_4rings
09-26-2007, 12:02 AM

Will it change the whole fact that PNX -- 1-3 (.250)(d. 05 DAL; l. 07 SA, 06 DAL, 05 SAS)? Isn't it enough for you to conclude that Suns can not stand against elite teams? Suns are highly overrated and suns fans are not ready to buy it. Suns are built for regular season where teams do not have enough time to prepare and they always prepare for regular teams & not for fast break teams. When post season comes, there are more time to prepare for any particular methodology and Suns can not rob anyone anymore.

RonMexico
09-26-2007, 02:48 AM
This thread is making my head hurt.

I'm still trying to discipher the irony of Spurs fans complaining incessantly about how narrow-minded and annoying the Suns and their fans are, yet continue to make childish threads with titles like "all Suns have done is win series against LA teams."

Is it guilt? Anger? Self-doubt? Small dick syndrome? Small market syndrome? I can't comprehend it right now, but hopefully we'll all find out sometime.

Rome wasn't built in a day, just like the Spurs first title wasn't built until 1999. Jesus Christ, I would love to have seen this message board around when Hakeem destroyed the reigning MVP in the playoffs and begin the "only Finals MVP counts" bullshit as Rockets fans.

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Your whole point was to try to judge team success over the past three years, but your arguments had so many holes Im guessing your hero is Michael Moore.

Yeah, except that wasn't my whole point. My whole point was to demonstrate that when it comes to beating quality teams in the playoffs, Phoenix has failed. In fact, my last post specifically said:

Again, I'm not trying to come up with some sort of wholesale analysis of playoff success in recent years; I'm simply trying to show that the Suns haven't beaten a good team -- a team that won 50+ regular season games -- in a playoff series since 2005.

Rather than actually address my actual argument, you change it to meet your own needs and then try to blow down the strawman you've set up for yourself. Again, though, the problem there is that you're making an argument for me that I never made for myself.

If anything the very nature of my analysis already admits that the Suns have had playoff success in the recent past -- in fact, I admitted that only 2 franchises have participated in more playoff series than the Suns since 2005 -- the number of series a club plays would seem to be indicative of playoff success, after all:

Try this one -- let's look at all teams that have played more than 5 playoff series in the last 3 years.

SAS -- 10
DET -- 10
PNX -- 8
MIA -- 8
DAL -- 7
CLE -- 6

The problem remains, however, that the Suns' playoff "successes" are built almost entirely on a foundation of defeating lesser teams, since they are, after 1-3 against teams that won 50+ games in the regular season. And that, after all, is my point.

Show me that the Suns' playoff successes have come against quality teams at playoff time -- teams that won 50+ games in the regular season, for instance -- and you might have a point.

The problem, of course, is that you can't make that argument.

(I'm glad, for your sake, that you didn't waste a post trying to get me to admit that the Suns compare favorably with a squad like the Nets, the Wizards, or the Nuggets -- that was getting embarassing for you).

Why penalize Dallas for losing in the first round while attempting to gage team success when that doesn't support your argument, right?[/quopte]

I'd penalize Dallas if that was the point I was trying to make. It's not.

[quote=da_suns_fan__]A lot of conspiracy theorists do this. They pick a theory and throw out all data that doesn't support that theory!

What data have I thrown out? The Suns have played 4 series in the last 3 seasons against teams that won 50+ games in the regular season. They've won 1 of those series.

I've compared other teams to the Suns on exactly that basis and demonstrated that teams that have had even a modicum of playoff success in the recent past have done as well or better than the Suns in competing against teams that won 50 games in the regular season.

And I've got no idea what conspiracy I'm supporting anyway. My theory is that the Suns haven't beaten quality teams at playoff time. Are you saying that my argument is refutable? Of course not -- since the facts bear me out. That's true whether I consider the Suns in isolation (they're 1-3 against teams that won 50+ games) or in comparison to other similarly-situated clubs (they've had the least success against quality teams among all franchises that have played in 6 or more playoff series).

Who's next? :lol

I'm sure, for me, that it will be you. I'll try to find some time today to deal with whatever nonsensical non-response you post to this.

ambchang
09-26-2007, 09:31 AM

Did someone just use Hollinger as the benchmark of statistical analysis in basketball? :dizzy

Why won't you come up with a solid argument as to which team was better? How about head to head records? Titles won? Playoff records?

Oh wait, you did, you used perceived popularity.

Wow, you really owned somebody with your unbiased objective “arguments”. :lol

timmy21_4rings
09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
This thread is making my head hurt.

I'm still trying to discipher the irony of Spurs fans complaining incessantly about how narrow-minded and annoying the Suns and their fans are, yet continue to make childish threads with titles like "all Suns have done is win series against LA teams."

Is it guilt? Anger? Self-doubt? Small dick syndrome? Small market syndrome? I can't comprehend it right now, but hopefully we'll all find out sometime.

It is not guilt or anger. It is simple truth for the Suns fans that still believe Suns would have won it all if not for David Stern or the greed ref.

da_suns_fan__
09-26-2007, 10:06 AM
]Yeah, except that wasn't my whole point. My whole point was to demonstrate that when it comes to beating quality teams in the playoffs, Phoenix has failed. [/B] In fact, my last post specifically said:

Rather than actually address my actual argument, you change it to meet your own needs and then try to blow down the strawman you've set up for yourself. Again, though, the problem there is that you're making an argument for me that I never made for myself.

If anything the very nature of my analysis already admits that the Suns have had playoff success in the recent past -- in fact, I admitted that only 2 franchises have participated in more playoff series than the Suns since 2005 -- the number of series a club plays would seem to be indicative of playoff success, after all:

The problem remains, however, that the Suns' playoff "successes" are built almost entirely on a foundation of defeating lesser teams, since they are, after 1-3 against teams that won 50+ games in the regular season. And that, after all, is my point.

Show me that the Suns' playoff successes have come against quality teams at playoff time -- teams that won 50+ games in the regular season, for instance -- and you might have a point.

The problem, of course, is that you can't make that argument.

(I'm glad, for your sake, that you didn't waste a post trying to get me to admit that the Suns compare favorably with a squad like the Nets, the Wizards, or the Nuggets -- that was getting embarassing for you).

What data have I thrown out? The Suns have played 4 series in the last 3 seasons against teams that won 50+ games in the regular season. They've won 1 of those series.

I've compared other teams to the Suns on exactly that basis and demonstrated that teams that have had even a modicum of playoff success in the recent past have done as well or better than the Suns in competing against teams that won 50 games in the regular season.

And I've got no idea what conspiracy I'm supporting anyway. My theory is that the Suns haven't beaten quality teams at playoff time. Are you saying that my argument is refutable? Of course not -- since the facts bear me out. That's true whether I consider the Suns in isolation (they're 1-3 against teams that won 50+ games) or in comparison to other similarly-situated clubs (they've had the least success against quality teams among all franchises that have played in 6 or more playoff series).

I'm sure, for me, that it will be you. I'll try to find some time today to deal with whatever nonsensical non-response you post to this.

Good lord...youre an embarrassment to yourself. You NOW say your whole point was to point out that the Suns haven't beaten many teams that won 50+ games.

Get ready to be owned buddy:

Why the hell, then, did you make A COMPARISON with 5 other teams if all you were trying to prove was that the Suns haven't fared well against teams who have won 50+ games? Why didn't you just show the record against other teams who have won fifty games? Why bother looking up ALL those teams' records if thats all you were trying to prove?

You tried to get CUTE, but I completely shredded your analysis. Again, its better to lose in the first round than to win in the in the first round and lose to a better team in the second round based off your criteria. Its got "BCS" written all over it. :lol

Man up, buddy. You just got owned!

Findog
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Good lord...youre an embarrassment to yourself. You NOW say your whole point was to point out that the Suns haven't beaten many teams that won 50+ games.

Why the hell, then, did you make A COMPARISON with 5 other teams if all you were trying to prove was that the Suns haven't fared well against teams who have won 50+ games? Why didn't you just show the record against other teams who have won fifty games? Why bother looking up ALL those teams' records if thats all you were trying to prove?

You tried to get CUTE, but I completely shredded your analysis. Again, its better to lose in the first round than to win in the in the first round and lose to a better team in the second round based off your criteria. Its got "BCS" written all over it. :lol

Get some professional help. Seriously.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I just got owned!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Glass_Joe.png
debating da_suns_fan is exactly like fighting Glass Joe - it's impossible to lose.

Except in this case, after getting knocked out for the 20th time, Glass Joe gets up again and claims sweet delusional victory in his punch-drunk stupor.

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
You NOW say your whole point was to point out that the Suns haven't beaten many teams that won 50+ games.

No -- actually I said that in my first post dealing with this subject (I had an earlier post giving props to JMark for at least discussing the subject without launching into a series of insults against Spurs fans). Since you don't apparently bother to read anything, I'll make it easy for you and quote myself from the very post that has led to your futile attempts to ignore the truth of my argument.

Back in post #47 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1974661&postcount=47), I wrote:

all the Suns did in the past 2 years was to win series against teams that failed to win at least 50 games in the regular season.

Despite your attempts to change my argument for me, I've remained constant in my point that the Suns have struggled mightily against quality teams at playoff time.

Do you have some premonition that a poster who is actually smart might actually address my real argument and prove me wrong? Because other than some dude trying to change my argument to meet his own ends -- and failing mightily at it (that Jazz thing you brought up was about the worst kind of self-ownership) -- I haven't seen anyone try to refute my conclusion.

Because saying the Suns are 1-3 against teams that won 50+ games in the regular season doesn't mean all that much if it turns out that other "elite" teams are also losing to opponents who won 50+ games in the regular season. The point of the comparison, therefore, was to establish that among teams that have played the most playoff series since 2005, the Suns have the worst record against quality playoff opponents. Again, this is a simple point of argumentative logic; as such, it comes as little surprise that the point of the comparison has completely eluded you.

You tried to get CUTE, but I completely shredded your analysis.

If by "completely shredded your analysis," you meant "I completely changed your analysis to set up a strawman because I couldn't deal with the facts that you proved," then yes, you completely shredded my analysis. Of course, in real fact, you've still not dealt at all with my facts, choosing instead to present a series of non-sequiturs while falling all over yourself with self-praise.

Again, its better to lose in the first round than to win in the in the first round and lose to a better team in the second round based off your criteria.

Again, that's not my argument.

But if you choose to content yourself with the idea that dispatching teams that won less than 50 games in the regular season (i.e., teams that won less than 60% of their regular season games) and believe that advancing through the playoffs on the backs of weaker opponents while falling away at the first sign of a quality team is a definition of great playoff success, I guess I'm left to simply applaud you for finding an efficient means to delude yourself.

Was that in some other thread? I sure haven't seen it here . . . .

anakha
09-26-2007, 10:44 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Last time I saw an 'analyst' this delusional, he was spouting bits of useless trivia about Argentina during the USA-Argentina FIBA broadcast.

Oh yeah, 'buddy', keep loudly proclaiming that you just owned someone. Pehaps in a decade's time, someone might be stupid or gullible enough to believe you. :lol

Findog
09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
debating da_suns_fan is exactly like fighting Glass Joe - it's impossible to lose.

Except in this case, after getting knocked out for the 20th time, Glass Joe gets up again and claims sweet delusional victory in his punch-drunk stupor.

Debating da_suns_fan is like debating George W. Bush. Hell, maybe for a bizarro thread, I'll argue a pro-Suns, anti-Mavs, anti-Spurs point of view and still kick his ass.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Debating da_suns_fan is like debating George W. Bush. Hell, maybe for a bizarro thread, I'll argue a pro-Suns, anti-Mavs, anti-Spurs point of view and still kick his ass.
:lol i'm sure you could come up with something a little more substantial than "Scoop Jackson & Bill Simmons like the Suns! They Do They Do! Eva!"

Mister Sinister
09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
:wakeup Christ. I go to sleep and d_s_f is still embarassing himself.

anakha
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM