PDA

View Full Version : well, i won't write off the Skins, but everybody else feel free to...

K-State Spur
09-23-2007, 06:31 PM
that was absolutely ri-goddamn-diculous.

worst half of football in the joe gibbs era - first or second edition.

defense couldn't get off the field. offense couldn't make a first down until the final 8 minutes - but they found plenty of other ways to shoot themselves in the foot once they did start moving the ball again.

given the luck with injuries, santana moss is probably done for the year.

TLWisfoine
09-23-2007, 06:41 PM
that was absolutely ri-goddamn-diculous.

worst half of football in the joe gibbs era - first or second edition.

defense couldn't get off the field. offense couldn't make a first down until the final 8 minutes - but they found plenty of other ways to shoot themselves in the foot once they did start moving the ball again.

given the luck with injuries, santana moss is probably done for the year.

What happened to Moss?

K-State Spur
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
his hammy bothered him all preseason, and it looks like he tweaked it again on a 4th down conversion in the final 2 minutes.

probably will be able to play next week, but it might linger.

was mainly just making a joke based upon the luck they have had with injuries thus far.

Chris
09-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Giants got LUCKY . That is all.

ShoogarBear
09-23-2007, 10:53 PM
That was pathetic. Worst half of offensive football seen in a long time. The Skins still managed to almost get it to overtime, but they wouldn't have deserved it.

The only reason the Giants didn't score 40 points that half was because they were eating up so much clock.

florige
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Giants got LUCKY . That is all.

No your Cowboys are lucky that the Giants have no defense. You guys will come crashing down to earth just like the Redskins once you play an AFC powerhouse. Man I wish the Ravens played you guys this year. We would make Romo look like Grossman for sure!

florige
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
That was pathetic. Worst half of offensive football seen in a long time. The Skins still managed to almost get it to overtime, but they wouldn't have deserved it.

The only reason the Giants didn't score 40 points that half was because they were eating up so much clock.

I would agree, but being a Ravens fan and week in and week out having to sweat thru Billick ball, I beg to differ on that statement.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
WTF is with leaving Portis on the bench?

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
No your Cowboys are lucky that the Giants have no defense. You guys will come crashing down to earth just like the Redskins once you play an AFC powerhouse. Man I wish the Ravens played you guys this year. We would make Romo look like Grossman for sure!

The Ravens lost to the Bengals by seven, beat the Jets by only six, and barely beat the Cardinals by three. And, that's that the Cardinals were being led by Kurt "I'm 102 years old" Warner.

I don't fear the Ravens.

Now, the Patriots and the Colts however, that's a different story.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
The Redskin offense is still learning its way. It's only the first loss. Gibbs will find a way to fix things.

But if he doesn't, who gives a shit . . . better for the Cowboys.

ShoogarBear
09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
WTF is with leaving Portis on the bench?That's the million dollar question on talk radio around here.

The short answer is "we didn't have time to get him for the last play", which is lame, and doesn't answer why he wasn't in for the play before that.

Whisky Dog
09-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Joe Gibbs = senile and past his prime. He's fucking the team up more than he's helping at this point because he can't keep his shit straight anymore.

Whisky Dog
09-24-2007, 03:05 PM

?

Are you new to football? The Bears, especially the Bears at home, have a better defense than the Ravens, much better special teams than the Ravens, and about the same offense. I like the Ravens as my second best team, but it wouldn't matter if they played in Dallas, Baltimore, or China - the Cowboys team right now would put a beating on the Ravens 49 times out of 50.

Findog
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
his hammy bothered him all preseason, and it looks like he tweaked it again on a 4th down conversion in the final 2 minutes.

probably will be able to play next week, but it might linger.

was mainly just making a joke based upon the luck they have had with injuries thus far.

Don't fuck around man, I've got him on my fantasy team :lol

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Don't fuck around man, I've got him on my fantasy team :lol

Suffer bitch!!

I've got Andre Johnson on my fantasy team.

K-State Spur
09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Suffer bitch!!

I've got Andre Johnson on my fantasy team.

I've got Johnson & S. Moss, so I got both y'all beat.

midgetonadonkey
09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
?

Are you new to football? The Bears, especially the Bears at home, have a better defense than the Ravens, much better special teams than the Ravens, and about the same offense. I like the Ravens as my second best team, but it wouldn't matter if they played in Dallas, Baltimore, or China - the Cowboys team right now would put a beating on the Ravens 49 times out of 50.

I am not a Cowboys fan but I do agree with this statement.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:29 PM

On the same team? Ouch.

I have them but on different teams and I was hurting because of it.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
As far as the original topic....I don't write off any team with Joe Gibbs as coach.

bresilhac
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Joe Gibbs = senile and past his prime. He's fucking the team up more than he's helping at this point because he can't keep his shit straight anymore.

Watch your goddamned tongue dog. Joe Gibbs has forgotten more about football than some coaches in this league will ever know. The third quarter yesterday was just a tough quarter for the Redskins. They simply ran up against a super motivated Giant team after halftime and paid the price. The defense stumbled a bit but let's face it, compared to last year's unit this Redskin defense is world's better this year and will not be a liability like last year's. And how about some credit for Jason Campbell. At this stage of his very young career he already demonstrates and displays the poise of a seasoned veteran. He will only get better and eventually lead this team to greatness.

So I say bring on the Cowpigs.

K-State Spur
09-24-2007, 06:01 PM
As far as the original topic....I don't write off any team with Joe Gibbs as coach.

I'm not writing them off, I thought they would be 2-1 at this point (with a loss at Philly and a win over the Giants). It's rough though because it undoes all the good that they did on Monday night. It's indicative of the ups-and-downs that this team has been unable to conquer since Gibbs left the first time.

The man went almost a decade where I can count the number of games that he lost which they were supposed to win on one hand.

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 06:16 PM
The Giants were the better team. If anybody from the Giants could have caught a pass in the first half, the game wouldn't have looked as close as it did. The 'skins are showing signs of life, but they are probably a year or two away from consistency.

Bigzax
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
portis would have been stuffed as well.

and after the stupid spike on 1st and goal (with a minute left) that would have been plenty of time for portis to come in...

although he did limp off the field a little bit earlier though...

that game was very NORV TURNER esque-

the skins OLINE got outplayed badly and the Giants OLINE played very well.

but the skins should have lost by more.

they'll take the bye, scrape by detroit, and then it's off to GreenBay for the upset special!

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, someone landed on Portis' ankle and I think he did something else, too. Those last two running plays didn't look like good play calls to me, but I wasn't surprised that Portis wasn't in there, nor was I surprised that they ran it twice in a row. They certainly seemed to panic and rush to the line on that last play, when they didn't need to. Young QB. He'll figure it out.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 07:21 PM
So I say bring on the Cowpigs.

Soon enough my friend, soon enough.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM

God damn.

K-State Spur
09-25-2007, 01:32 AM
The Giants were the better team. If anybody from the Giants could have caught a pass in the first half, the game wouldn't have looked as close as it did. The 'skins are showing signs of life, but they are probably a year or two away from consistency.

If Burress and Shockey never dropped balls, the Giants would go 16-0.

You can't say that "if they didn't drop passes..." because that's what they always have done and likely always will do.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
If Burress and Shockey never dropped balls, the Giants would go 16-0.

You can't say that "if they didn't drop passes..." because that's what they always have done and likely always will do.
Drops weren't the reason they lost to Dallas or Green Bay. The fact that Burress didn't drop any passes is the reason the Dallas game even looked close. But find your own reasons why the Giants were the better team, because they were.

K-State Spur
09-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm just saying that it's an often enough occurrence that it's not worthy of an "IF".

It's like a Packer fan saying "if Favre doesn't throw picks." [this year thus far not withstanding]. Favre always has thrown picks, even in the prime of his career. So it was unreasonable and improbable to expect that not to occur. [this year not withstanding]

Likewise, Plaxico Burress drops balls - always has and always will. That's why Pittsburgh was willing to let him go and why, despite his incredible talent, he's always viewed as being in the second or third tier of WRs. Saying "if he has no drops" is not overly reasonable because that's [usually] not him.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm just saying that it's an often enough occurrence that it's not worthy of an "IF".

It's like a Packer fan saying "if Favre doesn't throw picks." [this year thus far not withstanding]. Favre always has thrown picks, even in the prime of his career. So it was unreasonable and improbable to expect that not to occur. [this year not withstanding]

Likewise, Plaxico Burress drops balls - always has and always will. That's why Pittsburgh was willing to let him go and why, despite his incredible talent, he's always viewed as being in the second or third tier of WRs. Saying "if he has no drops" is not overly reasonable because that's [usually] not him.
I agree with most of that. Dropping a ball isn't as big a deal as dropping at least five that hit you right in the hands, which is what the Giants did. THat's all I'm saying. And look how good the Packers are when Favre doesn't throw picks. I think the last time he played this well they won a super bowl.

K-State Spur
09-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Not to take this off on a tangent, but...

I do think some of Favre's newfound caution can be explained that the Pack have a decent defense for the first time in years.

As soon as they find themselves in a game in which they fall behind by a couple scores, you'll see the gunslinger mentality come back.

TLWisfoine
09-26-2007, 03:45 AM
I'm not writing them off, I thought they would be 2-1 at this point (with a loss at Philly and a win over the Giants). It's rough though because it undoes all the good that they did on Monday night. It's indicative of the ups-and-downs that this team has been unable to conquer since Gibbs left the first time.

The man went almost a decade where I can count the number of games that he lost which they were supposed to win on one hand.

Get off the ledge my friend its only one regular season game. Old Joe's not gonna let it happen again.