PDA

View Full Version : Open Obituary

Brutalis
09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Dateline Fayetteville, Arkansas, Sunday, September 23, 2007

Born in 1894, the Arkansas Razorback football program died a slow, agonizing death on Saturday night in front of over 74,000 family members and close friends. The football Razorbacks had had a debilitating illness for the past 9 years, and fought bravely to overcome it, but that was not to be. Freddie Fairchild and Felix Jones made valiant efforts to revive the Hog program, but it was to no avail. Survivors include a once prominent choice for the Heisman Trophy, Darren McFadden. Services will be held on Saturday night at 6 pm at Razorback Stadium. Mourners are requested to wear black.

Memorials may be made to the Get a New Coach Fund, Attn Jeff Long, University of Pittsburgh i mean Arkansas Athletic Department via Frank Broyles

Ignignokt
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
It hurts little piggy doesn't it. I remember some of you tools joking about the same thing concerning the Buffaloes last year.

Brutalis
09-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Haha on what respect? On drugs or not? DMac would lay a terd on the buffs they never seen before.

degenerate_gambler
09-24-2007, 08:54 AM
keep blaming your coach when you have a qb that can't hit the broadside of a barn. or when he does, his receivers can't catch 'em.

Thunder Dan
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
From the outside looking in I don't think Arkansas will ever be a contender for a BCS Championship with that coach and his weird offense. Your just not going to get too many recruits that want to play in a offense like that. If they went to a more traditional offense recruits would come. The only way I see them winning is if they have 2 very good running backs for that offense...oh wait..

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Shoulda gone for Butch Davis.

So Brut...who do you want? I am guessing Jeff Long by your original post.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 09:27 AM
keep blaming your coach when you have a qb that can't hit the broadside of a barn.
We had a QB that could do alot more, but unfortunately the dumbass coach treated the kid like shit and he transferred to USC.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Arkansas has the money and resources to compete with any team in the nation. They've got some of the best facilities and Fayetteville is a great city to live in. There is no reason whatsoever that Arkansas couldn't be a top 10 team every season. Unfortunately Houston Nutt is the most incompetent coach imaginable.

I still say that if they get the right guy in there, Arkansas will become a very dominant team on par with Texas, Ohio State, etc.

degenerate_gambler
09-24-2007, 09:44 AM
We had a QB that could do alot more, but unfortunately the dumbass coach treated the kid like shit and he transferred to USC.

that one's on the spoiled little brat that pouted when things didn't go his way and took his ball and went home.

having his mommy go talk to the AD....whatever kid.

Thunder Dan
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Arkansas has the money and resources to compete with any team in the nation. They've got some of the best facilities and Fayetteville is a great city to live in. There is no reason whatsoever that Arkansas couldn't be a top 10 team every season. Unfortunately Houston Nutt is the most incompetent coach imaginable.

I still say that if they get the right guy in there, Arkansas will become a very dominant team on par with Texas, Ohio State, etc.

Thats what I'm saying. No big time QB wants to come and run the wildcat, they want a offense which will help them make it to the NFL, not Arena football.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
that one's on the spoiled little brat that pouted when things didn't go his way and took his ball and went home.

having his mommy go talk to the AD....whatever kid.
Nutt didn't help the situation. He made alot of promises to Mustain and Malzahn that he didn't keep or even intended to ever honor in the first place. He didn't even allow Mustain to throw the ball during practice. This team would be top 10 right now if Mustain was still around.

Nutt's overinflated and unworthy ego had alot more to do with that whole mess than Mitch or his talkative mom.

NoMoneyDown
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Speaking of Heisman hopefuls, I noticed the other day several ESPN pundits giving their "revised" Hiesman list. It has TOTALLY changed from the preseason. Gone are McFadden, and, to my surprise at least, White and Slaton. McFadden I could MAYBE understand, but White and Slaton? Their team is 3-0 and they have done everything asked to do. White is even getting praise now for his passing abilities (finally).

Brutalis
09-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Shoulda gone for Butch Davis.

So Brut...who do you want? I am guessing Jeff Long by your original post.
I know, I dunno why we haven't he wants the job too.

Brutalis
09-25-2007, 05:33 AM

Yeah that's what pisses me off the most. Knowing things could be so much better.

Brutalis
09-25-2007, 05:34 AM
keep blaming your coach when you have a qb that can't hit the broadside of a barn. or when he does, his receivers can't catch 'em.
Who do you think recruited that QB and benched him over Mustain who was 8-0 at the time. Yeah that coach. When you play the blame game to start from the top. The whole nation sees his crap.

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 07:01 AM

I would agree with that. I also like your Big 12 idea Brut.

Brutalis
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I would agree with that. I also like your Big 12 idea Brut.
From the other thread I assume where I said dump baylor and add Arkansas?

monosylab1k
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
ouch. baylor in the SEC is just ugly. they may never win a conference game game.

that swap would definitely help balance things out though.

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 01:12 PM

yes.

Not a swap Mono, just a dumping of Baylor and adding of Arkansas.

degenerate_gambler
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
yes.

Not a swap Mono, just a dumping of Baylor and adding of Arkansas.

I think every conference needs a doormat or two.

That said, if such a move as ever contemplated, I'd rather see TCU get a look instead of Arkansas.

j-6
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Broyles and Arkansas spread their legs for the SEC and broke up the SWC over 15 years ago. No way the Big 12 lets that pack of vipers in the conference. No frickin' way. You Hogs made your bed, now go lie in it.

If Texas, Tech, A&M, or Baylor would ever vote for Arkansas' admission to the Big 12 each institution's old-school alumni would crucify whomever cast that ballot. Think about it.

We bitch about Baylor, but I'm sure the SEC bitches about Vandy and the Big 10 about Northwestern.

monosylab1k
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
IMO the SEC is just way too stacked and Arkansas would do a world of good for the Big 12. Even the best of teams will slip at least once in the SEC, there's just too many good teams. The Big 12 has plenty of mid-level to doormat teams and needs another strong team in there to challenge Texas, Oklahoma, and (sort of) Nebraska.

MajorMike
09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
The B12 does not need another team in the South. Give them to the north.

Hey, Baylor has won 2 NCs and have had 2 kids get multiple Olympic Gold Medals in the past few years. What have ttek or ISU done lately?

Brutalis
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
If Texas, Tech, A&M, or Baylor would ever vote for Arkansas' admission to the Big 12 each institution's old-school alumni would crucify whomever cast that ballot. Think about it.

Mainly cause Tech, AM and Baylor were tired of getting their ass handed to them by the Pigs.