PDA

View Full Version : Beno F-ing Udrih

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 11:13 PM
BAY-NO FUCKING OOO-DREE

THE KID IS FOR REAL. IT IS OFFICIAL, WHAT WE HAVE SUSPECTED FOR THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE SEASON HAS BEEN CONFIRMED: THE SPURS HAVE PULLED OFF ANOTHER STEAL WITH A LATE FIRST ROUND PICK. YES VIRGINIA, SOMETHING GOOD HAS COME OUT OF SLOVENIA AFTER ALL.

ducks
12-15-2004, 11:15 PM
dude if he stays healthy barry will never get off the bench

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah, he has to climb over both Devin and Beno now.

Rick Von Braun
12-15-2004, 11:17 PM
BAY-NO FUCKING OOO-DREE

THE KID IS FOR REAL. IT IS OFFICIAL, WHAT WE HAVE SUSPECTED FOR THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE SEASON HAS BEEN CONFIRMED: THE SPURS HAVE PULLED OFF ANOTHER STEAL WITH A LATE FIRST ROUND PICK. YES VIRGINIA, SOMETHING GOOD HAS COME OUT OF SLOVENIA AFTER ALL.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

IceColdBrewski
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Yes he is good and he's gonna be a starter someday soon. Some of us have been saying that for a while now.

After some of the passes he pulled out of his ass tonight, nobody can argue that he isn't a better passer than Parker.

Jimcs50
12-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Today, 10:08 AM #9
Jimcs50
ATM Machine

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $1292
Re: Udrih could sub for hurt Parker, who shined in his first start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beno>TP as a true PG IMO.

:smokin

Solid D
12-15-2004, 11:26 PM
He'll never StAY with a team like the Spurs and Popps SYstEM. Teh SPurS can't geT anyonE too Stay EXcetp guys who Stink.

manustarting2gd
12-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Man! I was out shopping with my girl during the game.. Anyone got clips of any of Beno's passes?

Spurminator
12-15-2004, 11:40 PM
While Beno earns increased minutes with the top Championship contender in the NBA, the point guard selected 5th overall has lost minutes faster than a 14-year-old girl with her own cellphone.

conversekid
12-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Sorry Marcus, he's vanilla, northside ... you're not allowed to cheer for him.

thank you
northside

Marcus Bryant
12-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Um no.

He's Slovenian.

-MB

Guru of Nothing
12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
On a smaller scale, I'm reminded of Duncan's rookie season, thinking this Duncan guy might be better than the Admiral. It was pure heresy at the time, but such thoughts were quickly justified (and YES, I am very mindful that David Robinson sacrificed ego and stats for the betterment of all)

Likewise, my tiny little basketball mind is begining to entertain the notion that Beno is better than Parker. Even if I am correct thinking this, Tony Parker is still VERY good and his contract is a bargain. IF Beno is all that, then the Spurs have the luxury of employing two top-notch PGs, or packaging TPark's bargain of a contract with either a Rose or Rasho contract for a max player.

There are many bad max contracts out there; I don't want another "max" player for the sake of getting a max player.

For lack of a better term, I just got a sobriety rush. No team will trade a max player to my liking for TParker/Rose (or TParker/Rasho).

Right?

SequSpur
12-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Marcus Bryant
This message is hidden because Marcus Bryant is on your ignore list.

mattyc
12-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Beno is the fucken man. Missed a 3 ball, then after someone grabbed the o-board, he took the 3 again and made it. Confidence, balls, and basketballs brains.

The kid can do it.

Ginofan
12-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Beno was awesome tonight. That combo of Beno & Devin is getting us through some tough minutes. They claw us back into the game...you have to love the determination. Beno has amazing BBIQ, sometimes he reminds of Manu...all that court vision, the fearlessness, and the passes...it's like seeing a Mini-Me of Manu out there, it's great!

The guys on GTR were talking about how Beno should team up with Taco Cabana and anytime the Spurs score over a 100 (I think that's what it was) that everyone gets a free BENO & Cheese taco (bean & cheese)...like the Mavs & their chalupas...anyway I thought it was pretty funny :)

SequSpur
12-16-2004, 12:33 AM
You're easily amused.

I still prefer a veteran over an unknown foreign rookie.

Simmadown now.

mattyc
12-16-2004, 12:37 AM
I still prefer a veteran over an unknown foreign rookie.

Yeah, let's get Charlie Ward back.
:pctoss

Rick Von Braun
12-16-2004, 12:44 AM
On a smaller scale, I'm reminded of Duncan's rookie season, thinking this Duncan guy might be better than the Admiral. It was pure heresy at the time, but such thoughts were quickly justified (and YES, I am very mindful that David Robinson sacrificed ego and stats for the betterment of all)

Likewise, my tiny little basketball mind is begining to entertain the notion that Beno is better than Parker. Even if I am correct thinking this, Tony Parker is still VERY good and his contract is a bargain. IF Beno is all that, then the Spurs have the luxury of employing two top-notch PGs, or packaging TPark's bargain of a contract with either a Rose or Rasho contract for a max player.

There are many bad max contracts out there; I don't want another "max" player for the sake of getting a max player.

For lack of a better term, I just got a sobriety rush. No team will trade a max player to my liking for TParker/Rose (or TParker/Rasho).

Right?
Your tiny little basketball mind works pretty good for me. If Beno continue developing, the Spurs could compete with Sacramento with the best pair of PGs in the league.

Good Times :smokin

Mr. Body
12-16-2004, 02:27 AM
I wish Parker and Udrih could be our Bibby-Jackson, but both our guys don't seem as good in comparison. Bibby's so clutch and generally steady, and Jackson is such an explosive scorer. Our tandem is set up slightly different, with our steady guy coming off the bench.

That said, I'm tremendously happy with how Beno is doing. We have a game-changing back-up on the bench who, in two to three years, will have to be traded to a team that needs a point guard. At least one of these guys has to go. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy what we've got.

timvp
12-16-2004, 02:41 AM
Beno Udrih is the man like homo erectus.

GrandeDavid
12-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Beno Udrih is the man like homo erectus.

:lol :lol :lol

Sec24Row7
12-16-2004, 11:02 AM
You mean Bueno Udrih?

Dario
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
If you consider his payrole 3 years ago was what he is getting now in 14 days (i still dont know what he recieve so i guess a mill per year?) he is probably preaty happy with the way it is now. What i know him i think he can't be more happy to stay with spurs, exspecially when he's got a shot at championship ring. But the most important thing is playing under popovich. For a young player to succeed in NBA its very important to have a coach, that knows what is doing and believes in you. I know a lot and a lot of vasted talents because of stupid coaches. :(
GO Beno! :)

Kori Ellis
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
This summer when we saw Beno at Rocky Mt. Revue, we knew he had the talent but were worried about his health. One thing that I would have never guessed is this:

Ranks #4 in the NBA in Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage(0.485)

I knew he had a killer mid-range jumper, but didn't know he would be able to expand his range.

Big props to Beno.

T Park
12-16-2004, 01:22 PM
what happened to "paino"

and all the cute names people had for him.

SpursWoman
12-16-2004, 01:27 PM
what happened to "paino"

and all the cute names people had for him.

"paino" had a lot to do with him having the reputation of being somewhat fragile and easily injured. He did nothing to dispell that early in the season.

It wasn't really a question of whether he was talented or not. Hopefully he will remain healthy and playing on the level he has been (or better). :)

Oh, and nice Beno jersey, btw. :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Steve Nash to Beno: "I shall call him...Mini-me."

wildbill2u
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
BAY-NO FUCKING OOO-DREE

No Kidding (pun intended). Maybe the Spurs should open a permanent recruiting office in Slovenia. Who'd a thunk it?
:elephant

Ssperester
12-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Dang, I keeping thinking the before and after image. Look at Pop and Look and Beno. See anything similar? Anyways, back to reality, I am impress even early this season, Beno is a rock steady point guard how to play within his strengths. Rock on man! :smokin