PDA

View Full Version : Pavlovic, Varejao to play Euro?

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
I have heard that since neither has been offered anything close to what they want and neither wants to sign a 1-year qual offer, that both will seek more money in Europe.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I guess they are tired of being witnesses.

Kori Ellis
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I heard that about Sasha, but not AV. I thought the Cavs were going to negotiate with him this week and that he'd likely take the QO.

venitian navigator
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't think that in Europe they're gonna make the some money they could in nba and I don't think that, after all, just one good season is enough for asking too much...imho, Pavlovic is worth something beetween 3/4 millions a year and Varejao 6/7...and I think that this is what the Cavs are willing to give them.
More than this would be really too much, I don't care what their agents era gonna say.
However, if they don't sign, I don't see what kind of players could be signed by Cleveland...mmmmh LBJ will have problems with this?

Kori Ellis
09-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I believe they are only offering Varejao around 4M a year.

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I think the problem is everyone agrees that they are both worth right around what you said... except for them.

Bruno
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Going one year in Europe won't solve their problem : they will still be restricted free agent next summer if they decide to come back in nba.
The restricted free agency system doesn't work well at all. I hope they will change it in the next CBA.

exstatic
09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I believe they are only offering Varejao around 4M a year.
That's actually a lot of money to hit the deck and flop around like a fish out of water.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Rumor is Varejao to sign maybe Olympiakos Athens or Panathinaikos Athens.

Also be rumor Pavlovic sign either of them or with CSKA Moscow.

Be also rumor of course Kirilenko be signs in CSKA Moscow.

Player can make lot of money Euroleague.

Vasileios Spanoulis get $9,500,000 + with the salary and plus buys out for 3 year with Panathinaikos Athens.

Sarunas Jasekivicius get $14,600,000 + with the salary and plus buys out for 2 year with Panathinaikos Athens.

Lynn Greer get $7,000,000 for the salary for 2 year with Olympiacos Athens.

Papaloukas get $12,600,000 + for the salary for 3 year from CSKA Moscow.

These player get these salary all bes higher than they can gets NBA.

Samr
09-24-2007, 07:34 PM
That's actually a lot of money to hit the deck and flop around like a fish out of water.

"But doesn't Ginobili make more?" - George Karl

Indazone
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Rumor is Varejao to sign maybe Olympiakos Athens or Panathinaikos Athens.

Also be rumor Pavlovic sign either of them or with CSKA Moscow.

Be also rumor of course Kirilenko be signs in CSKA Moscow.

Player can make lot of money Euroleague.

Vasileios Spanoulis get $9,500,000 + with the salary and plus buys out for 3 year with Panathinaikos Athens.

Sarunas Jasekivicius get $14,600,000 + with the salary and plus buys out for 2 year with Panathinaikos Athens.

Lynn Greer get $7,000,000 for the salary for 2 year with Olympiacos Athens.

Papaloukas get $12,600,000 + for the salary for 3 year from CSKA Moscow.

These player get these salary all bes higher than they can gets NBA.

This is the start of a trend in the NBA. Using European FIBA basketball for leverage during negotiations with the NBA. I believe you will soon see US players starting to defect to Europe in search of bigger dollars. Think of this as the new ABA. It's actually a good thing in the larger scope of things for basketball worldwide.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/22/is-the-euro-exodus-beginning/

Is the Euro Exodus Beginning?
Posted Sep 22nd 2007 1:27PM by Bethlehem Shoals
Filed under: Cavaliers, Eastern, Western, NBA Rumors, Cleveland, The Word

First, Charlie Bell nearly went overseas. An American opting for Europe over the NBA would've been a real eye-opener. Then, Andrei Kirilenko suggests that he'd be willing to give up millions to play in front of his people year-round.

You can add one definite, and one maybe, to this growing list. SPORT (translated by Hoops Hype) tells us that dispelled Warrior and singing hero Sarunas Jasikevicius is headed to Panathinaikos, reigning champs of the Euroleague. He'll get about $9.8 mill for two years, plus some money to help with the buyout. Jasikevicius's arrival in the NBA was supposed to be a big deal. But he never really found a niche, and certainly never got a chance to matter like he does internationally.

And Sasha Pavlovic, who may or may not be key to the Cavs' future, is at very least using Europe as leverage in his contract talks. According to the Akron Beacon Journal, the two parties are nowhere close to agreeing on a figure; as a restricted free agent, Pavlovic has to go back for at least one season unless he heads for another league.

Jasikevicius is the poster child for this movement, since his NBA salary was relatively low and his contract would be high by European standards. Pavlovic has much more in common with Kirilenko; as famous as AK-47 is, no non-NBA team could ever afford to pay him a max-type deal. Pavlovic, on other hand, simply benefits from inflation. He'd be good in Europe, probably, but "good" over there just don't pay like it does here. That's why, in the end, both those guys will probably find a way to suck it up and play in the NBA in 2007-08.

Bruno
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
The "euro exodus" trend doesn't really exist for the moment.
NBA players who go back in Europe like Jasikevicius or Greer were nba scrubs. European players who goes in nba are European stars like Scola or Navarro.
Good nba players stay in nba, the only exception to that is Ilyasova who was a quite interesting nba prospect.

Indazone
09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Money always has an impact. You start to pay guys serious money and you will see more and more NBA defections. Maybe not NBA stars but you'll get a lot of lower level crossover. Like I could see the Lakers Andrew Bynum heading over there for the right amt of money.