PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo

stretch
09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
The guy is freakin good. He is a born playmaker. He may be the best playmaking QB in the league, aside from Vince Young, although he definitely is currently ahead of him, partially due to having more experience, and having more weapons, but this guy is just smart. He knows how to move in the pocket to buy himself more time, to set his lineman up to make blocks when he moves around, and he finds a way to get yardage whether by running or passing when things break down. Some of you will consider me crazy, but aside from Manning and Brady, I can't say that there is any QB that I would just hands down take over him. He is still young and has more to learn, and will still develop a stonger arm as he plays more and works out more (there were a few throws last night where if he had just a little more zip on them, they would have been completed). But most of all, he has the playmaking ablity, which IMO is what is most important for the best QBs to have.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 10:12 AM
And he should only get better.

Some of those throws were crazy good last night.

stretch
09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
And he should only get better.

Some of those throws were crazy good last night.
Agreed. He kind of makes me think of a mix between Brett Favre and Steve Young.

tlongII
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
He's not too good at holding for extra points though. :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
09-24-2007, 10:17 AM
He is not on Alex Smiths level but he is pretty damn good.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-24-2007, 10:26 AM
He's started off well, but the season is still early. Time will tell if he's reached the next level - consistency.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
He's started off well, but the season is still early. Time will tell if he's reached the next level - consistency.

Very true. He started off hot last year too and ended not so hot.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-24-2007, 11:20 AM
The guy is freakin good. He is a born playmaker. He may be the best playmaking QB in the league, aside from Vince Young, although he definitely is currently ahead of him, partially due to having more experience, and having more weapons, but this guy is just smart. He knows how to move in the pocket to buy himself more time, to set his lineman up to make blocks when he moves around, and he finds a way to get yardage whether by running or passing when things break down. Some of you will consider me crazy, but aside from Manning and Brady, I can't say that there is any QB that I would just hands down take over him. He is still young and has more to learn, and will still develop a stonger arm as he plays more and works out more (there were a few throws last night where if he had just a little more zip on them, they would have been completed). But most of all, he has the playmaking ablity, which IMO is what is most important for the best QBs to have.

Stretch I saw in another thread that you think the Cowboys have a legit chance to win it all. Do you seriously believe they have the potiential to do that if they can manage to play pressured defense? I know the O is great but D wins the rings. If the Cowboys are able to keep getting better on D in terms of forcing turnovers and pressuring the qb, do they really have as good of a chance as anyone?

popshark86
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
romo is just another jeff garcia

he has no accuracy and his arm strength is not that good

he has a heck of a o line (the best so far this year)

80 percent of his passes are little passes

ill give the cowboys 3 more weeks until teams finally find out how to stop his quick slants and little passes that looks unstoppable

Walter Craparita
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Just wait till they have video on him.

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Fuckin racist.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Fuckin racist.

:lmao

I think he's saying that all Hispanic QBs are innacurate and have weak arms.

Racist rat bastard!!!

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:37 AM

ill give the cowboys 3 more weeks until teams finally find out how to stop his quick slants and little passes that looks unstoppable

Dude, you need to see the games before you start posting random comments.

popshark86
09-24-2007, 11:40 AM
lol

im actually mexican

how can i be racist ??????????????

romo plays alot like garcia

if garcia played for the cowboys he would have better stats (remember TO and Garcia back with the 9ers)

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
lol

im actually mexican

how can i be racist ??????????????

romo plays alot like garcia

if garcia played for the cowboys he would have better stats (remember TO and Garcia back with the 9ers)

So you hate your own kind??

That's the worst type.

But, if Romo is just another Garcia . . . how can Garcia have better stats?

popshark86
09-24-2007, 11:46 AM
So you hate your own kind??

That's the worst type.

But, if Romo is just another Garcia . . . how can Garcia have better stats?

wow your an id*ot

when did i say i hate Hispanics

There's to much talent around Romo (only reason Romo is good) is that to hard to understand

Garcia > Romo

both guys will never be as great as Marino, suck it

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
wow your an id*ot

when did i say i hate Hispanics

There's to much talent around Romo (only reason Romo is good) is that to hard to understand

Garcia > Romo

Sarcasm, get to know that word.

Marino is still playing football??
I thought he had a posh job with HBO and CBS.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 11:57 AM

While very true....what does this have to do with a Garcia-Romo argument?

As a Fin fan, you would take Romo right now...you might even take Garcia.

popshark86
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
While very true....what does this have to do with a Garcia-Romo argument?

As a Fin fan, you would take Romo right now...you might even take Garcia.

cowboys fans are acting like if romo is god, and also a example of what romo will never be (great QB), comparing him to an average QB with same style (Garcia)

not really, with the oline we have, he will fumble alot and throw the ball in 2 seconds, something he doesnt do in dallas, ill take your oline

stretch
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Stretch I saw in another thread that you think the Cowboys have a legit chance to win it all. Do you seriously believe they have the potiential to do that if they can manage to play pressured defense? I know the O is great but D wins the rings. If the Cowboys are able to keep getting better on D in terms of forcing turnovers and pressuring the qb, do they really have as good of a chance as anyone?
Well, I really don't think their defense is that bad, especially considering they are missing several people. The only major problem with our defense is that POS Roy Williams. Last night I saw from him, one of the worst attempts at a tackle in NFL history. But getting Newman back will be huge, because he will basically cut out one side of the field with his shutdown abilities. And Henry is playing pretty damn good too. And when they get Ellis and Tank Johnson going... that front 7 is going to be SICK. And then when they get Glenn back, he will stretch opposing defenses even more...

I really think they have a hell of a team... the crazy thing is, is that they hasn't even peaked yet.

stretch
09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Dude, you need to see the games before you start posting random comments.
You serious???

fuckin A, peewee... fuckin A...

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Sarcasm, I have no sense of when and how to use it.

stretch
09-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Romo will never be as good of a passer, but if he wins a ring, and keeps improving the way he has been, he will be a better quarterback. The guy is already a better playmaker then Marino ever was.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
cowboys fans are acting like if romo is god, and also a example of what romo will never be (great QB), comparing him to an average QB with same style (Garcia)

I assume you meant some Cowboy fans..because to say ALL Cowboys fans would be an inaccurate statement. You will find that most of the posts here think he is doing well but there is still room to get better and NOBODY posting here is ready to put Romo in the hall of fame yet.

tlongII
09-24-2007, 12:16 PM
It's all about the Seahawks baby!

popshark86
09-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Romo will never be as good of a passer, but if he wins a ring, and keeps improving the way he has been, he will be a better quarterback. The guy is already a better playmaker then Marino ever was.

thats if he wins a ring

if he still plays once brady and belichick retires they might have a chance, to bad TO and Glenn wont be there to help him (TO 33 and Glenn 33)

what keeps Romo in the NFL are his Barry Sanders moves, which i dont think will last that long

09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
He's no VY...

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Romo is gay??

ratm1221
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
The only major problem with our defense is that POS Roy Williams. Last night I saw from him, one of the worst attempts at a tackle in NFL history.

I said the same thing at first when I saw the live angle. When they showed the replay from an angle on the other side it looked like he tried to wrap him up, but slipped. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
He's no VY...
damn right. imagine how much better Dallas would be if they had him.

ratm1221
09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
He's no VY...

According to McNabb, he will never be considered as good as Romo. If you haven't noticed Romo is white. Thanks for playin'.

Fillmoe
09-24-2007, 12:57 PM
with the game on the line he will fuck it up for the cowgirls

Fillmoe
09-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Romo is gay??

his last name does rhyme with homo

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
According to McNabb, he will never be considered as good as Romo. If you haven't noticed Romo is white. Thanks for playin'.

Technically he's hispanic.

Or is that close enough for Donovan. ;)

stretch
09-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I said the same thing at first when I saw the live angle. When they showed the replay from an angle on the other side it looked like he tried to wrap him up, but slipped. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I won't, because Roy has done that exact same thing numerous times in the past, only this one was even more pathetic than any of those because the guy didn't even budge.

J.T.
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
damn right. imagine how much better Dallas would be if they had him.

I'm sure Black Jesus and his career 69 passer rating would be winning Super Bowls in Dallas.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm a genius. Steven Hawking has nothing on me. God has nothing on me!!!

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
It's all about the Seahawks baby!

:lol :lol :lol

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Romo is Hispanic.

Maybe Donnie is trying to wage war on all the races.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
with the game on the line he will fuck it up for the cowgirls

No, we're not talking about Alex Smith.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Romo might end up like Dan Marino, Dan McGwire or Dan Fielding but bottom line is right now...he is helping Dallas win ball games and that is all that matters.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Romo might end up like Dan Marino, Dan McGwire or Dan Fielding but bottom line is right now...he is helping Dallas win ball games and that is all that matters.

Amen, brotha'!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I won't, because Roy has done that exact same thing numerous times in the past, only this one was even more pathetic than any of those because the guy didn't even budge.

:madrun :madrun :madrun :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss I wish Roy would just be on special teams if anything and thats it. He cant cover and his tackling a big tight end by trying to knock him down was pathetic. Dont try acting like a tough guy and wrap his legs up.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
No, we're not talking about Alex Smith.

:clap :clap :clap

Whisky Dog
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Romo made all the throws last night and did it with a hostile crowd against possibly the best D in the league. They crowded the line to shut down the run and Garrett turned it over to Romo, and Romo smoked those bitches something wicked. He's the real deal but let's see how the consistency follows. Last season it was mainly the defense that put Romo in a bad position to have to do more and make mistakes (D gave up over 30 pts a game over the last 5). If the D gets better and plays consistently I don't see any reason why Romo won't be great. The O Line is the truth, the WR are consistent, the TE is great, and the running game wears people down. Add that to what is proving to be a great in game playcaller in Garrett and all of the necessary tools are there for a dynamic season.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Romo made all the throws last night and did it with a hostile crowd against possibly the best D in the league. They crowded the line to shut down the run and Garrett turned it over to Romo, and Romo smoked those bitches something wicked.

Exactly. Chicago did the right thing. When you face a young QB like that, you try to make him as uncomfortable as possible and try to get him to beat you. Romo did just. that. You are right also on the consistency part. I mentioned it earlier...he came out on fire last year and then fizzled down the stretch. If he can't, the Cowboys go nowhere, if he can anything is possible.

popshark86
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Romo made all the throws last night and did it with a hostile crowd against possibly the best D in the league. They crowded the line to shut down the run and Garrett turned it over to Romo, and Romo smoked those bitches something wicked. He's the real deal but let's see how the consistency follows. Last season it was mainly the defense that put Romo in a bad position to have to do more and make mistakes (D gave up over 30 pts a game over the last 5). If the D gets better and plays consistently I don't see any reason why Romo won't be great. The O Line is the truth, the WR are consistent, the TE is great, and the running game wears people down. Add that to what is proving to be a great in game playcaller in Garrett and all of the necessary tools are there for a dynamic season.

bears are a great d team

but when your offense can't do shit it doesn't help

eventually you will get tired and wont tackle the same

thats how Dallas gets all the points, late 3rd and in the 4th

same shit happen with Miami

we were beating you guys cuz our d kept us in the game

until green fucked us up with the 5 interceptions and fumble

our d got tired and thats how TO beat Daniels for the TD and Barber ran the 50 yd td

Romo is just lucky so far playing teams that have sucky offense

cuz he doesnt do shit in the 1st half like the good qbs do (brady)

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Isn't that basically the idea? You wear the other team down so you can beat them? While I agree Dallas has done more in the second halves of the games this season so far..it doesn't matter when you get the points, as long as you get more than the other team.

popshark86
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Isn't that basically the idea? You wear the other team down so you can beat them? While I agree Dallas has done more in the second halves of the games this season so far..it doesn't matter when you get the points, as long as you get more than the other team.

well thats the reason romo has good numbers

not becuz he is great like the guy who said he is farve mix with steve young

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM

The Giants are in the top 10 in offense.

You diss Romo for one reason only...he is a Cowboy.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM

So says he is?

Who says he has to be? As long as he puts up the numbers...that is all that matters.

dirk4mvp
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
yes, the man is nasty. Almost one of the elite qb's in the league. I just don't want to have to get on here and read about how he's better than Manning or Brady. :lol

popshark86
09-24-2007, 03:40 PM
The Giants are in the top 10 in offense.

You diss Romo for one reason only...he is a Cowboy.

lol

dont even go with the giants d

the browns woud score 70 points on them

thats the only reason why Romo is good, playing with the cowboys

any qb can win with the cowboys

Harrington > Romo

why do you think jerry jones doesnt want to sign Romo to a long contract

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:46 PM
yes, the man is nasty. Almost one of the elite qb's in the league. I just don't want to have to get on here and read about how he's better than Manning or Brady.

if you did, then someone would be guilty of drunk posting. :lol

I'm not...I am going with what you said.

No, Romo is not better than Manning or Brady.

No, Romo is not the second coming of Elway, Marino, Montana or Unitas.

But right now....right now, he is playing pretty well. He's not lucky, he is good. Currently he is 3rd in passer rating, 6th in YPG and 6th in total yards. Most importantly? His team is 3-0 and he is a big part of it.

I am not saying measure him for a bust in Canton, but you have to recognize the skills. There are several teams out there who would trade their QB in for him in a heartbeat.

Whisky Dog
lol

Harrington > Romo

Damn you're an idiot.

The Redskins couldn't put up 20 on the Giants at home. You're just talking out of your ass out of hatred.

samikeyp
Harrington > Romo

you just proved my "I am dissing Romo only because I hate the Cowboys" theory.

Game. Set and Match.

Whisky Dog
09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
bears are a great d team

but when your offense can't do shit it doesn't help

thats how Dallas gets all the points, late 3rd and in the 4th

same shit happen with Miami

we were beating you guys cuz our d kept us in the game

until green fucked us up with the 5 interceptions and fumble

our d got tired and thats how TO beat Daniels for the TD and Barber ran the 50 yd td

cuz he doesnt do shit in the 1st half like the good qbs do (brady)

newsflash, football is a 60 minute game. Part of being great is wearing teams down and beating their asses down in the end. What you're saying is like saying a boxer sucks because he uses body shots to wear down his opponent before knocking him out in the 10th round. This Cowboys team wears people down and knocks them out. That's how you win football games.

popshark86
09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Damn you're an idiot.

The Redskins couldn't put up 20 on the Giants at home. You're just talking out of your ass out of hatred.

no your the idiot

the giants got better with sam madison in the lineup

the giants d in week 3 were not the same like they were in week 1 and 2

plus Portis cost the game

Gibbs really fucked up, bad gameplan

popshark86
09-24-2007, 03:51 PM
newsflash, football is a 60 minute game. Part of being great is wearing teams down and beating their asses down in the end. What you're saying is like saying a boxer sucks because he uses body shots to wear down his opponent before knocking him out in the 10th round. This Cowboys team wears people down and knocks them out. That's how you win football games.

newsflash no shit

this thread is about Romo

about how some cowboys fans make him look like a elite qb

not about how good the cowboys are

I never said they suck

im just giving my opinion on Romo, the reason why he is having good numbers

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:53 PM
im just giving my opinion on Romo, the reason why he is having good numbers

Talent has nothing to do with it?

popshark86
09-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Talent has nothing to do with it?

not really

the team around him does

derek anderson would look good in a cowboys uniform

ill give Romo credit with his barry sanders moves

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
So Tony Romo has absolutely no talent whatsoever...he is just lucky.

09-24-2007, 03:58 PM
He's talented, but is it a reach to think that a guy like Kitna could do the same things with the Cowboys?

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
not according to Popshark...he was the one that said this:

Harrington > Romo

popshark86
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
not according to Popshark...he was the one that said this:

harrington is not doing that bad this year

look at his numbers

his tds number shoud be better if he was with the boys

09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
In defense of JH, which I can't believe I'm doing, he's never had that type of talent around him.

Usually his WRs are garbage and the running game/OL is suspect at best.

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
does popshark = ducks?

they type the same way and they both talk out of their ass...

monosylab1k
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
does popshark = ducks?

holy shit he does.

he's gotta be ducks

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
harrington is not doing that bad this year

look at his numbers

his tds number shoud be better if he was with the boys

His decision making wouldn't be though...that is all him.

Take away the teams for a moment.

Individually, do you think Joey Harrington is a better QB than Tony Romo?

popshark86
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
does popshark = ducks?

no

and i dont know who is duck

You are still missing the whole point

You obviously dont understand what im saying so im gonna let it go, only because youre a spurs fan

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Actually....Stretch is a Mavericks fan.

monosylab1k
no

and i dont know who is duck

You are still missing the whole point

You obviously dont understand what im saying so im gonna let it go, only because youre a spurs fan
there's only one way to know for sure....

what are your thoughts on LeBron James?

johnsmith
Well, I really don't think their defense is that bad, especially considering they are missing several people. The only major problem with our defense is that POS Roy Williams.

and I'm not being a homer, considering they are not even my favorite team, despite being from Dallas

Welcome to the bandwagon stretch. Feel free to jump off if they lose anytime soon.

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
there's only one way to know for sure....

what are your thoughts on LeBron James?

:lol

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the bandwagon stretch. Feel free to jump off if they lose anytime soon.
???

I'm not sure how that mean's I'm on a bandwagon. I'm still a Cowboys fan. They are my #2 team. My #1 are the Raiders. And I've said for a while that I think the Cowboys are going to be pretty damn good this year, and that the NFC would either go to them or the Eagles. Right now, the Cowboys are clearly at the top of the NFC, however things can change. But I just don't see them changing, with the way things are going for them, and that they still are missing some very key defensive components.

popshark86
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Actually....Stretch is a Mavericks fan.

what happen stretch

did u get kicked out of the mavs forum

for saying

the real mvp should be

duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dirk

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
what happen stretch

for saying

the real mvp should be

???

can someone please explain to me what the fuck this idiot is talking about?

popshark86
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
???

can someone please explain to me what the fuck this idiot is talking about?

can someone explain to me why this idiot is in a spurs forum ?????????????

stretch
09-24-2007, 04:40 PM
lol, too much crack

kskonn
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Kitna has some pretty damn good talent around him right now. Probably better than romo has, when it comes to receivers, I don't think Kitna has the offensive line Romo does. but hey give Romo Williams, Johnson, mcdonald pretty stout group.

09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Kitna has some pretty damn good talent around him right now. Probably better than romo has, when it comes to receivers, I don't think Kitna has the offensive line Romo does. but hey give Romo Williams, Johnson, mcdonald pretty stout group.

Give Romo the Lions running game and OL, too.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Dude can you explain what the fuck you are exactly talking about?

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 06:06 PM
The only major problem with our defense is that POS Roy Williams.
Yeah, only one fumble recovery and only one interception. Bastard.

I know what you mean, though. Like I said, someone just needs to tell him that if he's going to drop his shoulder into people, he shouldn't do it to guys that weigh 75 pounds more than he does. He's also about the dirtiest motherfucker on the planet. It turns my stomach when he does the shit that he does. If he didn't spend so much time going for the big hit or trying to fucking injure people, he'd actually be as good as he thinks he is.

Obstructed_View
09-24-2007, 06:10 PM
And since Romo has (IIRC) the second most yards in his first 18 games for any quarterback in the modern era (more than Marino), Cowboys fans are perfectly justified in being excited, particularly since it wasn't long ago that the team had the top defense in the league and lost 13-10 every week.

I understand why the Lions fans would say Kitna would be just as good if he had the Cowboys team around him: Habit. I seem to remember them making the exact same argument about a certain stat padding running back for roughly the past fifteen years.

09-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I seem to remember them making the exact same argument about a certain stat padding running back for roughly the past fifteen years.

No, the argument was that Barry would do far better than Emmitt did if he had run behind the Cowboys OL.

BradLohaus
09-24-2007, 06:49 PM
:lol at the Romo haters. If the Bears defense had smothered the Cowboys, while Romo had a 35 or so passer rating, The Cowboy haters would have claimed that it had been proven that Romo is a fraud. Instead, Romo sliced and diced the Bears, and Dallas could have easily had 14 more points if not for that TD drop and horrible calls from the refs on multiple Cowboy drives. So what about Romo? He's just lucky because he plays on a good team.

I tell you what, if you had put Dave Krieg on those '90s Cowboys teams they would have won 5 Super Bowls. Krieg never had the talent around him that Aikman had. :spin

And man, some people are just in love with Vince Young. Would anybody seriously trade Romo for Young? Are you crazy?

dirk4mvp
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
And man, some people are just in love with Vince Young. Would anybody seriously trade Romo for Young? Are you crazy?

Some certain UT lovers. Shit, you know it's crazy when they're already sayin VY is better than Manning. :lol

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
ill give Romo credit with his barry sanders moves

So, he's got Barry Sanders talent but he still sucks??

Stop while your ahead Einstein.

peewee's lovechild
09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure how that mean's I'm on a bandwagon. I'm still a Cowboys fan. They are my #2 team. My #1 are the Raiders.

So what's your #3 favorite team?
(and #4, #5, #6, #7 . . . . )

O-Factor
09-24-2007, 08:54 PM

don't be jealous of our team poopshark. Romo is the real deal and you sound ignorant with your "arguments"

popshark86
09-24-2007, 09:27 PM
don't be jealous of our team poopshark. Romo is the real deal and you sound ignorant with your "arguments"

i dont hate the cowboys and i dont like them either

dont have #1 and #2 like stretch

but i do hate the pats, bills, and jets

but Romo is not the real deal

its to early to tell if he is

what i seen lately is a average qb thats being overrated by ESPN

rex started like this last year and we know what happen

only good passes i see from romo are short passes

great job by the oline giving him enough time to find his receivers open (QB dream)

also all of his points are in the 4th, if he was that good like u guys say so, he would be unstoppable in the 1st half just like brady and manning

one more thing, cowboys wont win a superbowl this year, so why are you guys saying im jealous??????????

Some AFC team will (i know not the fins, we stink this year)

samikeyp
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
i dont hate the cowboys and i dont like them either

so its just a personal thing against Romo.

Well which one is it, first you say he is not, then you say its too early to tell.

So? As long as he moves them down the field to score, that is all that matters.

also all of his points are in the 4th, if he was that good like u guys say so, he would be unstoppable in the 1st half just like brady and manning

I asked this earlier but I will ask it again...what does it matter when he scores the points...what matters is who has most at the end. You don't get extra points for scoring in the first half. This would make sense though if Dallas was 0-3 and they were just scoring garbage points at the end of games that were already lost.

King
09-25-2007, 09:38 AM

You idiot - Romo averages more yards per completion than any QB in the league. By a long shot.

Peyton Manning averages 13 ypc
Jon Kitna - 13 ypc
Tom Brady - 12.5 ypc
Carson Palmer - 11.5 ypc

Tony Romo - 17 ypc

Well, that's probably just skewed because he doesn't pass much.

Wait....

Attempts:

Tom Brady 88
Tony Romo 88

stretch
09-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah, only one fumble recovery and only one interception. Bastard.

I know what you mean, though. Like I said, someone just needs to tell him that if he's going to drop his shoulder into people, he shouldn't do it to guys that weigh 75 pounds more than he does. He's also about the dirtiest motherfucker on the planet. It turns my stomach when he does the shit that he does. If he didn't spend so much time going for the big hit or trying to fucking injure people, he'd actually be as good as he thinks he is.
Yea. He has the ability to play some pretty good football, but just seems too disinterested, and only cares about getting a big hit (which he doesn't even seem to do that anymore... when is the last time we have seen a highlight hit on ESPN from him? I don't recall him even having one all last season...)

stretch
09-25-2007, 09:43 AM

So what's your #3 favorite team?
(and #4, #5, #6, #7 . . . . )
#3 is the Titans.

I don't see anything wrong with having certain teams that I root for, more than others. The only team that I hands down root for over everyone is the Raiders.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Yea. He has the ability to play some pretty good football, but just seems too disinterested, and only cares about getting a big hit (which he doesn't even seem to do that anymore... when is the last time we have seen a highlight hit on ESPN from him? I don't recall him even having one all last season...)
His hits are almost all borderline, with what, based upon his body of work, I see as an attempt to injure. It's such a selfish mentality in a team game that it boggles the mind. But he has a nose for big plays like almost nobody I've ever seen. If somebody could teach that little twat how to tackle, he'd be a hall of famer.

fyatuk
09-25-2007, 10:12 AM
You idiot - Romo averages more yards per completion than any QB in the league. By a long shot.

Jon Kitna - 13 ypc
Tom Brady - 12.5 ypc
Carson Palmer - 11.5 ypc

Tony Romo - 17 ypc

Wait....

Attempts:

Tom Brady 88
Tony Romo 88

Tom Brady averages more yards per attempt, but that can happen with completion percentage 20% higher...

The real fun is 20+ yard completion per attempt. Romo is way up on that one over every starter.

Of course, all those numbers might be skewed by RAC yards if it's more receivers breaking tackles and ditching tacklers than a QB hitting the receiver in stride/space.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 10:14 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
http://www.kaycoindia.com/hospital-rubber-good/gifs/douche-bag1.jpg

TMSKILZ
09-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Give it up popshark. you're just angry @ the world b/c you look like a cross between Sam Cassell & George Muresan! You cow turd!

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
^^^:lmao :lmao

Always good to see a Gheorge Muresan reference!

"Is that...cabbage?"
"Yes...cheeks deeg eet!"

popshark86
09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
any qb can win with the talent cowboys have around him

best oline right know in the nfl

of course your receivers will be open after 5 seconds

Young >>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Green >>>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Kitna >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Harrington >>>>>>>>>>> Romo

all starting qbs >>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

:toast

stretch
09-25-2007, 02:14 PM

Even Rex Grossshit?

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
So Tony Romo has absolutely, positively, 100% no talent whatsoever?

HOOKED ON PHONICS
09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
any qb can win with the talent cowboys have around him

best oline right know in the nfl

of course your receivers will be open after 5 seconds

Young >>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Green >>>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Kitna >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Harrington >>>>>>>>>>> Romo

Dumbass

Walter Craparita
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
So Tony Romo has absolutely, positively, 100% no talent whatsoever?

Yeah this garbage is ridiculous. Why the hate? It got old pretty quick.

At least people are talking about how he SHOULD be doing as good as he is with the talent around him and not...how can he NOT be doing good with the talent around him?

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
This guy isn't even a good troll, folks. Somewhere UVRay is reading this and shaking his head.

popshark86
09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Obstructed_View's mom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romo

k ill stop just becuz we are all spurs fans

but Romo is not that good

i rated the qbs and there are 21 better qbs on top of him IMO

stop the hate toward a spurs fan, its not like its a cowboys forum, so im not a troll

just giving my opinion on Romo

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Romo is as sucky as Dan Marino. Sure he puts up big numbers, but he doesn't have any super bowl rings. Of course, Romo puts up better numbers than Marino did, but whatever.

johnsmith
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I personally have quit saying anything negative about the Cowboys. Regulars around this NFL forum know that I can't stand that team, but they just look too good for me to make fun of them as I'm afraid of what the end result could be in the end.

And Tony Romo is fucking nails as a QB. Dude is good and so is his team.

popshark86
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, Romo is as sucky as Dan Marino. Sure he puts up big numbers, but he doesn't have any super bowl rings. Of course, Romo puts up better numbers than Marino did, but whatever.

marino had no help

marino>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>aikman

imagine how many superbowls and records marino would have had if he was with the cowboys in the early 90's

johnsmith
09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
marino had no help

imagine how many superbowls and records marino would have had if he was with the cowboys in the early 90's

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but is anyone debating whether Marino was better then Aikman?

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
marino had no help

Which has what to do with Romo? If someone was comparing Aikman and Marino then your comparison would make sense and be relevant.

Nobody brought up Aikman until you did.

Things like that prove the hate and yes, make you a troll.

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Dude...you flip flopped again.

First you said:

Then its...

So which one are you saying?

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I haven't read the rest of this thread, but is anyone debating whether Marino was better then Aikman?

I have read it all and no one is debating that.

popshark86
09-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Which has what to do with Romo? If someone was comparing Aikman and Marino then your comparison would make sense and be relevant.

Nobody brought up Aikman until you did.

Things like that prove the hate and yes, make you a troll.

well they brougth up Marino with no rings

the forums name is spurstalk.com not cowgirlstalk.com, im not a troll

go spurs

go boys and fins (i dont hate the cowboys)

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
well they brougth up Marino with no rings

the forums name is spurstalk.com not cowgirlstalk.com, im not a troll

Right but nobody brought up Aikman.

You did that for the sole and only reason because you hate the Cowboys. Which is also the reason for your 6th grade "cowgirlstalk.com" smack.

You are not trying to have a good discussion...your sole purpose is to show your Cowboys hate. That is trolling.

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
(i dont hate the cowboys)

then why bring Aikman up when the discussing Marino when NO ONE was comparing the two?

why the "cowgirlstalk.com" smack.

You do hate the Boys.

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
go spurs

Best thing you have ever said. :tu

stretch
09-25-2007, 04:53 PM
marino had no help

Uhh... Mark Clayton? Mark Duper?

popshark86
09-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Uhh... Mark Clayton? Mark Duper?

will they be hall of famers

i don't think so

Marino made them good

and did they get any help on d, nope

what about his rbs (they all suck)

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2007, 05:36 PM
This guy is hilarious.

Whisky Dog
09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
what happen stretch

for saying

the real mvp should be

HAHAHA

This fucker is Ducks!! Funny how I didn't notice it before. Go back to being Ducks and lurk in the Spurs forum all year long.

popshark86
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
HAHAHA

This fucker is Ducks!! Funny how I didn't notice it before. Go back to being Ducks and lurk in the Spurs forum all year long.

who is ducks

did he get kicked out for talking smack on the cowboys

ask the moderator to check my ip

im not him

this is the site were i check my spurs news :clap

just decided to give my opinion on Romo

jaespur21
09-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Jon Kitna - 13 ypc
Tom Brady - 12.5 ypc
Carson Palmer - 11.5 ypc

Tony Romo - 17 ypc

Wait....

Attempts:

Tom Brady 88
Tony Romo 88

beat me to this point. in case he missed it the first time romo leads the league in ypc. and thats without our recievers having great yac stats

popshark86
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
beat me to this point. in case he missed it the first time romo leads the league in ypc. and thats without our recievers having great yac stats

3 games lol

good thing romo doesnt play alot of afc teams or his stats would be different

BradLohaus
09-25-2007, 08:50 PM

care to list them all?

peewee's lovechild
09-25-2007, 09:30 PM
marino had no help

Imagine if you stop imagining bullshit and stick with actual facts.

Aikman = 3 Super Bowl wins

Marino = 0 Super Bowl wins

'Nuff said.

peewee's lovechild
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Fucking idiot.

popshark86
09-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Fucking idiot.

k fucking idiot

aikman is better than marino becuz he had an all star team

wow
:donkey (pinche burro)

peewee's lovechild
09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
k fucking idiot

aikman is better than marino becuz he had an all star team

wow
:donkey (pinche burro)

Oye, pendejo!!

Say whatever you want, as idiotic as it may be. It doesn't change the fact that Aikman has three rings and your man-obsession Marino has none at all.

jaespur21
09-25-2007, 10:12 PM
tony romo is the man. 07 is tony or bust, and im depending on romo, to lead us to the promiseland. back to playin halo3

BradLohaus
09-25-2007, 10:31 PM
What about your QB list popshark? I'm not being sarcastic; I'd really like to see how you rank the QBs. It would spark some good debate.

peewee's lovechild
09-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Where's your QB list, popshark? I'm not being sarcastic; I'd really like to see how you rank the QBs. It would spark some good debate.

If you noticed, he finished that stupid ass statement with "IMO".

The idiot's a retard.

It's like arguing with dirt.
It get's you nowhere.

midgetonadonkey
09-25-2007, 10:38 PM
If you noticed, he finished that stupid ass statement with "IMO".

The idiot's a retard.

It's like arguing with dirt.
It get's you nowhere.

Kind of like arguing with you about Notre Dame players in the NFL?

popshark86
09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
pinche pewee

according to you then

dilfer >>>>>>>>>>>> marino (becuz he has a ring)

Brad Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marino

fucking idiot :donkey

TLWisfoine
09-26-2007, 03:42 AM
lol

Harrington > Romo

:rolleyes
Leave the crack alone!!!

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
pinche pewee

according to you then

Yes.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 08:28 AM
pinche pewee

according to you then

Frank Tarkenton >>>>>>> Dan Marino
Terry Bradshaw >>>>>>> Dan Marino
Johnny Unitas >>>>>>>> Dan Marino
Brett Favre >>>>>>>>>> Dan Marino
Roger Staubach >>>>>>> Dan Marino
Joe Montana >>>>>>>>> Dan Marino
Steve Young >>>>>>>>> Dan Marino
Troy Aikman >>>>>>>>> Dan Marino
Bart Fucking Star >>>>>> Dan Marino

And, just for you:

Tony "The Aztec God" Romo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dan Marino

rr2418
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
marino had no help

Think again Poops! Aikman only attempted about 21-24 passes a game! Jimmy Johnson was big on the running game. I don't have the figures in front of me, but Marino probably averaged more than 30 attempts a game. If Marino would've been with the Cowboys I don't his numbers would be as high as they are now.

rr2418
09-26-2007, 10:49 AM
"only good passes i see from romo are short passes"

Tell me, have you ever seen a football game? I mean a real game? Not the video game Madden 2008, but a real NFL game? Short passes are part of the game! Short passes are thrown by all QB's whether they are Romo, Manning, or Young. They just can't be "slinging" the ball 50 yds downfield every play! :rolleyes

Like I said this isn't a video game, it's real life poops! :D

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Good passes are the ones completed.

Period.

stretch
09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
will they be hall of famers

i don't think so

Marino made them good

and did they get any help on d, nope

what about his rbs (they all suck)
well, what RB's and WR's did Tom Brady have? As far as I'm concerned, the only good RB he had was Corey Dillon for his 3rd ring. And now that he actually has recievers, look how well he is doing.

no excuses for Marino. He was a great passer, nothing more. Couldn't lead a team worth a shit.

stretch
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Yes.

O-Factor
09-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Tell me, have you ever seen a football game? I mean a real game? Not the video game Madden 2008, but a real NFL game? Short passes are part of the game! Short passes are thrown by all QB's whether they are Romo, Manning, or Young. They just can't be "slinging" the ball 50 yds downfield every play! :rolleyes

Like I said this isn't a video game, it's real life poops! :D

Poopshark is an idiot. Its obvious he doesn't watch Cowboy football. Romo throws great passes all over the field. He is second in the league behind brady with a 9.8 yards per pass, and is second in the league with 14 20 yard+ completions.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Poopshark is an idiot. Its obvious he doesn't watch Cowboy football. Romo throws great passes all over the field. He is second in the league behind brady with a 9.8 yards per pass, and is second in the league with 14 20 yard+ completions.

with 5 seconds to throw the ball (best line right know)

receivers get open cuz the cbs cant cover that long

teams they played have struggle, romo getting the ball in field goal position becuz of Green and Grossman

defense getting tired becuz of green and Grossman

even our backup cleo lemon would put those numbers :lol

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 12:57 PM

So now, its the other teams fault Romo is playing well.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
with 5 seconds to throw the ball (best line right know)

teams they played have struggle, romo getting the ball in field goal position becuz of Green and Grossman

defense getting tired becuz of green and Grossman

even our backup cleo lemon would put those numbers :lol

Cleo Lemon is a football god.

I know this because he did so extraordinarily well when he played last year. He almost make the good people of Maimi forget all about Dan Marino.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Romo plays so well because he wears Isotoner Gloves.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I hope Romo doesn't get kidnapped by a deranged, post-op former kicker working in the local police force.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Cleo Lemon is a football god.

I know this because he did so extraordinarily well when he played last year. He almost make the good people of Maimi forget all about Dan Marino.

idiot

Lemon does have better accuracy and arm strength than romo

Lemon would take Romos spot if he was in Dallas

Romo is just lucky he is in a weak division and has the best line in the world and TO and Witten and Barber who catches a 2 yard pass and takes it for 30 and Jones

if the cowboys beat the pats when they play and Romo puts on good numbers

then ill stop bashing Romo

but I do remember Romo of last year versus the Lions and the Seahawks

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
U guys are wack

Marino is da best...no one can smell his jock!

Romo iz ghey...

popshark86
09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
U guys are wack

Marino is da best...no one can smell his jock!

Romo iz ghey...

lol

fucking pewee

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
then ill stop bashing Romo

no you won't. liar.

Romo could throw for 400 and beat the Pats and your Cowboy hate will still surface.

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Pewee?

Fuk u bitch

I thot u wuz cook because you'r reppin Marino....but your just a hater.

Marino is the best ever....no one in the NFL can touch him.

Ringz don't matter.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
no you won't. liar.

Romo could throw for 400 and beat the Pats and your Cowboy hate will still surface.

ill stop

but i know he wont have good numbers vs the patsies

dont feel all good becuz you guys beat this year version of the bears

Harrington beat the last years version (blowout)

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Lemon does have better accuracy and arm strength than romo

Lemon would take Romos spot if he was in Dallas

Lemon is sooooo good that he beat out Joey Harrington and Dante Culpepper as the starter for the team. He's soooooooo good that he's taken over for Trent Green. He's sooooooooooo good that Miami didn't have to draft a QB in this years draft.

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Cleo Lemon is better cause he Black.

Romo iz only mexi-rican...can't hold Leo's jock.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Lemon is sooooo good that he beat out Joey Harrington and Dante Culpepper as the starter for the team. He's soooooooo good that he's taken over for Trent Green. He's sooooooooooo good that Miami didn't have to draft a QB in this years draft.

actually Lemon and Romo both suck

Romo in miami, lol

would be our 3rd qb

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
shit...Lemon is badazz

still he no Marino......I would suck marino's cock for him to comeback....that is what pop..er...poopsharks do!!!

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
This thread has soooooo gone downhill! :lmao

Bottom line is this....the only numbers that matter are wins and losses...right now Dallas is 3-0..that is all that is important.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
This thread will be a fun read when Romo fumbles another snap to lose a playoff game.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Poopshark likes to take it in the pooper from Marino.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
This thread will be a fun read when Romo fumbles another snap to lose a playoff game.

This quote will be a fun read when Romo is in the playoffs and Rivers is getting his man-tan on at the beach.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 01:55 PM
This quote will be a fun read when Romo is in the playoffs and Rivers is getting his man-tan on at the beach.Do you really think the Chargers won't make the playoffs? You aren't that stupid.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 01:55 PM
*Leaving thread so johnsmith doesn't talk shit about me hijacking*

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM

Are you on the "Romo Sucks" bandwagon too? :)

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
*Leaving thread so johnsmith doesn't talk shit about me hijacking*

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you really think the Chargers won't make the playoffs? You aren't that stupid.

I guess you're right.
The Chargers have been playing so well as of late.

They reek of confidence.
And, their new head coach has shown such great leadership as a head coach in the past.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Are you on the "Romo Sucks" bandwagon too? :)I see him a lot like Grossman (of last year). Romo will have and has had a bunch of great games and a bunch of shitty games.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I guess you're right.
The Chargers have been playing so well as of late.

They reek of confidence.
And, their new head coach has shown such great leadership as a head coach in the past.Not taking the bait.

samikeyp
I see him a lot like Grossman (of last year). Romo will have and has had a bunch of great games and a bunch of shitty games.

Fair enough.

At least though, you are man enough to say so when he has a good game.

samikeyp
Not taking the bait.

hijacker.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Fuck it, I'll take the bait.

It's week fucking four. Talk to me a month from now.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:07 PM
You think its Norv or something else?

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
You think its Norv or something else?Tony Romo.

(Bears, Patriots, Packers)

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Tony Romo.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Do you really think the Chargers won't make the playoffs? You aren't that stupid.

I think they are lucky that their division sucks, but even those shitty teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos could beat that underachieving collection of shit known as the Chargers. What an embarrasment.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I think they are lucky that their division sucks, but even those shitty teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos could beat that underachieving collection of shit known as the Chargers. What an embarrasment.This will be a nice quote to bump.

Tony Romo.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 02:30 PM
This will be a nice quote to bump.

Tony Romo.

To bump when? Are you saying that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos have no chance to beat the Chargers this year?

Brian Griese

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:37 PM
To bump when? Are you saying that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos have no chance to beat the Chargers this year?

Brian Griese
Yes. No chance.

Fumbled snap. Tony Romo.
Terrell Owens.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:38 PM

I wouldn't give the Raiders and Chiefs much hope.

The Broncos have a shot.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Fumbled snap. Tony Romo.
Terrell Owens.

Which has what to do exactly with the Chargers success?

Brian Griese

Same Question.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Aw crap...now johnsmith is gonna call me a hijacker too.

:depressed

:smokin

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Without the talent around him, Tony Romo would be nothing.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Without the talent around him, Tony Romo would be nothing.

Which could be said about all NFL players. its a team game.

So is it Dallas hate, Dallas fan hate or just Romo hate?

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't hate Romo, I just don't think he's all that good.

If he wasn't on the team you rooted for, you'd feel the same. I also think he's a douche because he reminds me of Nick Lachey.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 02:45 PM

If he wasn't on the team you rooted for, you'd feel the same. I also think he's a douche because he reminds me of Nick Lachey.

:elephant :toast

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Fair point, nothing wrong with that.

If he wasn't on the team you rooted for, you'd feel the same.

Not true. Then again, I don't think he is a superstar right now either and didn't think he should have gone to the Pro Bowl last year and posted as such.

I think he has played well this season, but as I said before its still early.

I also think he's a douche because he reminds me of Nick Lachey.
:lol Ok...that I can live with.

Question for you......if he puts up numbers this year that you consider, would you think he is a good player or will he always be overrated no matter what he does?

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Question for you......if he puts up numbers this year that you consider, would you think he is a good player or will he always be overrated no matter what he does?I'd have to think he's good but I'd never admit it.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I'd have to think he's good but I'd never admit it.

Cool :tu

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Aw crap...now johnsmith is gonna call me a hijacker too.

:depressed

:smokin

You son of a bitch. :p:

I would like to note however that I still think that the Chargers will win the West.

Romo may or may not be a good quarterback over time, but he's playing some damn good football right now.

09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
We can still beat up on VY for the time being, johnsmith.

Too bad we lost JGW.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Romo may or may not be a good quarterback over time, but he's playing some damn good football right now.

Good point.

Too bad we lost JGW.

He still hangs out in the College forum waiting for SC and/or A&M to win. :)

09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't see him propping up Bush and Leinart anymore. Which is sad.

Didn't he start the "Leinart Best Rookie QB ever?" thread last year?

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
We can still beat up on VY for the time being, johnsmith.

Too bad we lost JGW.

Yeah, what the hell ever happened to JGW?

He would have enjoyed bashing the dumbest NFL quarterback in the league, The Vince Young.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Why yes...yes he did...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51760&highlight=Leinart

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, what the hell ever happened to JGW?

He would have enjoyed bashing the dumbest NFL quarterback in the league, The Vince Young.

His ridiculous stances have all been decimated by the greatness of Vince Young and the absolute suckiness of Leinart and relative suckiness of Reggie Bush. He has no leg to stand on and knows it, so he shuts the hell up for the time being.

This thread just goes to show that Romo has arrived. When you start getting irrational hate against you for no reason, you know you're a bad ass and you scare the shit out of other team's fans. It's beautiful to see, because before when he wasn't relevent he got no hate whatsoever. Now, it's all here. Same for VY, but we've known he is the supreme baaadddddd ass for a while now.

TheZackAttack!
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Its hilarious how jealous some people are that they don't have Romo on their team or that their team doesn't start with "Dallas" and end with "Cowboys"

J.T.
09-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I thought Romo was overrated last year because I really felt like he was only good because no one knew who he was and thus didn't know how to take him out of his game, and when his last couple starts weren't nearly as good as when he first took over I thought I was right. But he seems to have rebounded pretty well from that whole decline and got back to form. I don't like to give the Boys props too often but hating on Romo after he's done so well this season would only make me look like popshark. I'll make an exception and go for Dallas when they play the Pats, only because I can't think of anything I hate more than the Pats.

popshark86
09-27-2007, 01:50 AM
I thought Romo was overrated last year because I really felt like he was only good because no one knew who he was and thus didn't know how to take him out of his game, and when his last couple starts weren't nearly as good as when he first took over I thought I was right. But he seems to have rebounded pretty well from that whole decline and got back to form. I don't like to give the Boys props too often but hating on Romo after he's done so well this season would only make me look like popshark. I'll make an exception and go for Dallas when they play the Pats, only because I can't think of anything I hate more than the Pats.

u wish u had romo as ure qb

J.T.
09-27-2007, 02:08 AM
u wish u had romo as ure qb

:wtf

I'd rather have Romo over one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game?

You crazy.

popshark86
09-27-2007, 02:12 AM
:wtf

I'd rather have Romo over one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game?

You crazy.

:downspin:

how did you become a colts fan

do u live in indiana

Horry For 3!
09-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Tony FUCKING Romo

J.T.
09-27-2007, 02:18 AM
:downspin:

how did you become a colts fan

do u live in indiana

I traveled to Indiana when I was younger and got to walk on the field at the RCA Dome, ever since then I have been a Colts fan. It was like magic.

As far as I know my whole family roots for non Texas teams. My dad's a lifetime Dolphins fan, and I think that's why I never got on the Cowboys wagon. Didn't want to disappoint the old man. I got a new Marino jersey almost every year until he retired.

I have a lot of cousins and they're all fans of out of state teams, except for my cousins in Houston who are all about the Texans now. Some other cousins are Packers fans. Then my gramps moved to Colorado when he remarried and he'll talk about the Broncos every now and then.

But going to Indy was what made me a Colts fan. I guess everyone has to have a reason and being on the field was cool to me and it kind of just stuck and went from there.

J.T.
09-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Sorry I had to hijack with that last post but I get the feeling people are going to ask me why I go for the Colts until the day I die. Should I put something in my sig?

Erect as a Bull
09-27-2007, 04:07 AM
He is not on Alex Smiths level but he is pretty damn good.

:lol I hope thats a joke because Alex Smith is fucking garbage. :elephant

And the Broncos almost had Romo a few years back.
Shanny offered him 20 K while the Cowboys offered him 10 K.

He took the Cowboys because he figured he would have a better chance of playing. He was right. :lol

But I dont think Romo is great.

I guess time will tell though.

and Yea JT I always like reading other peoples stories on how they became fans and stuff.

People who DONT know me(meaning people online or on different forums) Tend to call me a bandwagon fan because I like the Yankees. :lol

I love how they just pick on me for that.

But people in real life who know me know that I have been reppin the Yankees my whole life and my family is all either Yankee or Mets fans mainly.

And my love for Denver sports is just because I moved out here and i'm diehard.

I've never changed my teams once so I'm hardly a bandwagoner. :elephant

J.T.
09-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Shanny offered him 20 K while the Cowboys offered him 10 K.

If I recall, Payton tried to trade for him too when he got the NO job but Jones wouldn't do it.

Erect as a Bull
09-27-2007, 04:59 AM
If I recall, Payton tried to trade for him too when he got the NO job but Jones wouldn't do it.

Really? I didn't know that. :lol

They got Brees who has been playing Like Rex as of late.

In the meantime Denver gets to play the Colts.
Joy..... :reading

dirk4mvp
09-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Not a joy for the Broncos.

samikeyp
09-27-2007, 06:50 AM
I traveled to Indiana when I was younger and got to walk on the field at the RCA Dome, ever since then I have been a Colts fan. It was like magic.

As far as I know my whole family roots for non Texas teams. My dad's a lifetime Dolphins fan, and I think that's why I never got on the Cowboys wagon. Didn't want to disappoint the old man. I got a new Marino jersey almost every year until he retired.

I have a lot of cousins and they're all fans of out of state teams, except for my cousins in Houston who are all about the Texans now. Some other cousins are Packers fans. Then my gramps moved to Colorado when he remarried and he'll talk about the Broncos every now and then.

But going to Indy was what made me a Colts fan. I guess everyone has to have a reason and being on the field was cool to me and it kind of just stuck and went from there.

Cool story. Props for staying loyal especially those years when the Colts were not that good. That is the sign of a true fan, IMO. Its easy to be a fan of any team when they are winning....its when that team is not winning when loyalty really shines through.

J.T.
09-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Cool story. Props for staying loyal especially those years when the Colts were not that good. That is the sign of a true fan, IMO. Its easy to be a fan of any team when they are winning....its when that team is not winning when loyalty really shines through.

Being a Spurs fan helped since we had good teams before Duncan and could never get it done, and now we have four. They should have won XL too, fucking Ben Roethlisberger :pctoss

J.T.
09-27-2007, 07:44 AM

They're gonna have to change his name to Chump Bailey after Marv gets done with him.

johnsmith
09-27-2007, 07:53 AM
They're gonna have to change his name to Chump Bailey after Marv gets done with him.

Nah, Champ always plays well against Marv. That's why Wayne generally goes for 3 TD's and 200 yards receiving.

ATRAIN
09-27-2007, 07:56 AM
How did this thread turn from a Tony Romo hard on fest to a QB battle? Yes he is a good QB, but come on this is his 2nd year. Is he better than Alex Smith? YES!! Is he in Manning's league...NO ONE IS.

samikeyp
09-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Is he in Manning's league...NO ONE IS.

No one ever said he was.

peewee's lovechild
09-27-2007, 08:25 AM
They should have won XL too, fucking Ben Roethlisberger :pctoss

Fucking drunk ass kicker!!!!

TheZackAttack!
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
How did this thread turn from a Tony Romo hard on fest to a QB battle? Yes he is a good QB, but come on this is his 2nd year. Is he better than Alex Smith? YES!! Is he in Manning's league...NO ONE IS.

Romo is way better than Shaub thats for sure!

ATRAIN
09-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Who was even talking about him? Stop trying to troll!!

peewee's lovechild
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM

You're right.
But, he's right too.

09-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Yet to be determined.

kskonn
09-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Popshark86 reminds me of the old SNL Da Bears skit. they used to debate shit like - if ditka played the cowboys by himself in the superbowl who would win. One guy would say ditka 47- cowboys 7 and crap like that. Take all those skits and replace Ditka with Marino and you have Popshark86's reality.

O-Factor
09-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Its a Romo thread, he mentioned Romo. Thats not trolling. He just stated a fact, nothing else.

J.T.
09-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Popshark86 reminds me of the old SNL Da Bears skit. they used to debate shit like - if ditka played the cowboys by himself in the superbowl who would win. One guy would say ditka 47- cowboys 7 and crap like that. Take all those skits and replace Ditka with Marino and you have Popshark86's reality.

Maybe popshark could have a heart attack like the dudes in the skit.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-28-2007, 02:50 AM
A fins fan is talking shit about Romo? :downspin: :downspin: When was the last time that piece of shit franchise had a good consistent qb outside of Marino? Fielder,Feely,Culpepper,Lucas,Green.

Romo>>>>>>Bledsoe and any qb we have had since Aikman called it quits. If you want to throw "Romo is only good because of the talent around him" Then what can you say about Tom Brady if he had to be in a different offensive system with crap wideouts and literally no talent around him. How much better would the Titans be if they replaced Vince Young with Tom Brady and kept the current roster they have now?

All in all Romo fits the teams needs. He gets the ball to the wideouts, he doesnt just stand around waiting to get sacked like fucking Bledsoe and he does make this team better. Considering the pile of cat shit we have had over the years, Romo makes life just a little bit better for us Cowboys fans.

09-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Then what can you say about Tom Brady if he had to be in a different offensive system with crap wideouts and literally no talent around him.

Guy won a SB with A. Smith, K. Faulk, P. Pass, D. Branch, T. Brown, Bethel Johnson, D. Givens, Dedric Ward, C. Fauria and Daniel Graham as his skill position players.

I think he'd be OK.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Guy won a SB with A. Smith, K. Faulk, P. Pass, D. Branch, T. Brown, Bethel Johnson, D. Givens, Dedric Ward, C. Fauria and Daniel Graham as his skill position players.

I think he'd be OK.

But he had a dominating defense to really help him out along with Billicheck. How would he do with a downgrade on the d and being surrounded with that kind of talent? I am not trying to sit here and knock on Brady. I am simply responding to the Romo haters who are saying "if he didnt have good wideouts, he would fucking suck" when you compare him to the shit we had over the past several years since Troy retired, why cant we be happy to see a qb who is making a positive and consistent impact?

09-28-2007, 03:44 AM
I don't know how he'd do, but I'd guess better than Romo.

Honestly, playing that "what if" game is retarded. It's impossible to prove/disprove.

Erect as a Bull
09-28-2007, 05:33 AM

:lol I still have faith though.
I really think we can go into the Dome and beat them.
Its not the playoffs.

If it was January then I would say we dont have a chance. :lol

ATRAIN
09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Yet to be determined.

that maybe the case

samikeyp
09-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Maybe popshark could have a heart attack like the dudes in the skit.

only not survive it. :)

peewee's lovechild
09-28-2007, 08:52 AM
rofl the rca dome sucks major balls

it's the worst venue i've ever seen a pro football game in (except texas stadium)

Strangely enough, I've been to the RCA Dome but I haven't been to Texas Stadium.

O-Factor
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
But he had a dominating defense to really help him out along with Billicheck. How would he do with a downgrade on the d and being surrounded with that kind of talent? I am not trying to sit here and knock on Brady. I am simply responding to the Romo haters who are saying "if he didnt have good wideouts, he would fucking suck" when you compare him to the shit we had over the past several years since Troy retired, why cant we be happy to see a qb who is making a positive and consistent impact?

Mentioning that SB...the Raiders got screwed in the playoffs on that fumble by Brady that the ref overturned and called it an incomplete pass. Hell, they made a rule about it the following off season. Then Bledsoe won the next game for the pats at Pittsburgh, plus their defense, plus whatever cheating they did. So No, surround Brady with no talent and bad coaching and he doesn't accomplish what he's accomplished. That is the nature of the game. All SB winning QB's have always had talent and luck around them is all Im saying.

peewee's lovechild
09-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Then Bledsoe won the next game for the pats at Pittsburgh, plus their defense, plus whatever cheating they did.

People ALWAYS forget the fact that Bledsoe bailed them out.

kskonn
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
People ALWAYS forget the fact that Bledsoe bailed them out.
yea bledsoe got screwed that year, played great got hurt, bailed them out and got benched. He stuck with that franchise for years to get them to that point and when they get their he gets the hook.

word
09-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Isn't Romo a mexican cigar ? I thought I read that here once. He is 'puro mexicano'.