PDA

View Full Version : Most important win of year = comeback type?

Rummpd
12-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Spurs showed grit in winning this one and sort of made up for at least one other loss early with a comeback over an East team. You also hate to lose many if any to the East this year.

Spurs after several days off should get motivation from taking this and with both Wolves and Dallas losing lately stay on course to build significant lead for seeding early.

My view was an important win like Cleveland to get back on track s/p last week and Spurs likely now to run off another streak soon.

By the way way to step again Rose, Beno, Brown and Manu etc.

MadDoc

boutons
12-16-2004, 05:33 AM
These quarters where the Spurs' offense and defense disappear have to stop, so the Spurs don't have such big holes to dig out of. Up +13 to down -10 against an EC team @SBC to start the fourth is absolutley unacceptable. 4 of the 5 losses have had such horrendous Spurs' quarters. Barely coming back from such a deep, self-inflicted hole doesn't prove anything.

Jimcs50
12-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Spurs showed grit in winning this one and sort of made up for at least one other loss early with a comeback over an East team. You also hate to lose many if any to the East this year.

Spurs after several days off should get motivation from taking this and with both Wolves and Dallas losing lately stay on course to build significant lead for seeding early.

My view was an important win like Cleveland to get back on track s/p last week and Spurs likely now to run off another streak soon.

By the way way to step again Rose, Beno, Brown and Manu etc.

MadDoc

Wolves and Dallas are not the teams that SA has to worry about in seedings. Phoenix and Seattle are the teams to catch, so it was imperative that they held serve against Magic at home, especially since Phoenix just beat Orlando by 21 pts on Monday.

Rummpd
12-16-2004, 10:03 AM
No worries.

Longterm both Suns and Sonics will fade to at best 4-5th seeds. Can't see any winning a division. Mark it down.

Suns more serious long-term threat though.

MadDoc

Jimcs50
12-16-2004, 10:27 AM
No worries.

Longterm both Suns and Sonics will fade to at best 4-5th seeds. Can't see any winning a division. Mark it down.

Suns more serious long-term threat though.

MadDoc

What do you base your hypothesis that Phoenix and Seattle will fade on?

Maybe Seattle will stop shooting great and drop a little, but I still see them winning division over an aging and overrated Wolves team.

But Phoenix??? They have everything you can ask for, so barring injuries, I do not see them being caught by the Kings at all.