PDA

View Full Version : Nutt suspends Hogs' RB

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Nutt suspends Hogs' RB after arrest
Posted: Sunday September 23, 2007 11:58PM; Updated: Sunday September 23, 2007 11:58PM

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Arkansas running back Michael Smith was arrested Sunday on suspicion of using a stolen credit card.

Smith was arrested on felony charges of forgery and theft by receiving. Coach Houston Nutt suspended him indefinitely and said the sophomore will not play next weekend when the Razorbacks host North Texas.

"I am extremely disappointed that he made a decision that reflects poorly on him and the Razorbacks," Nutt said in a statement. "He has been suspended indefinitely. He will not play this weekend and additional actions will be considered after we have an opportunity to fully review the situation."

Smith, whose fumble in the second quarter was a key play in the Razorbacks' 42-29 loss to Kentucky on Saturday night, was expected to remain in jail overnight. A court date was to be set Monday.

According to a police report, another person was arrested for fraudulent use of a credit card, and Smith is suspected of using the same stolen card. Smith said the other person owed him money for gas and gave him the credit card to use.

"Smith was very concerned and stated that he had no knowledge that the card was stolen," the report said. "Smith did admit to making purchases with it."

According the report, Smith used the card for three transactions worth a total of $96.34.

degenerate_gambler
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
zzzzzzz...

UT has me spoiled.

Anything less than a felony and I'm not impressed.

MajorMike
09-24-2007, 03:13 PM
So, could you say the cops busted Nutt's back?