PDA

View Full Version : San Marcos Outlets

Mixability
09-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Never been there. What kind of deals can you get? Is it worth the drive?

midgetonadonkey
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I never found it worth the drive. The same crap they have at most of those stores is the same crap you can find at any mall. That's my opinion.

Mixability
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I never found it worth the drive. The same crap they have at most of those stores is the same crap you can find at any mall. That's my opinion.

Yeah, but my woman's birthday is coming up and I gave her the option of choosing her present this year, so she chose a shopping spree at the outlets. I'm just wondering how much Top Ramen I'll be eating in the coming months..... :depressed

Silver21_Black20
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
You really don't save that much money. I bought a purse there and paid $120 instead of the $180 they are here at the malls.

Mixability
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
You really don't save that much money. I bought a purse there and paid $120 instead of the $180 they are here at the malls.

Add the $60 it'll take in gas to drive out there and poof! No money saved. : :pctoss

katyon6th
09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
It'll be worth it to your girl.

Mixability
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
It'll be worth it to your girl.

:tu

leemajors
09-24-2007, 01:31 PM
shoes are definitely a lot cheaper at some outlets - there are some deals at the clarks outlet store. they also have much better prices than the outlets in round rock, that's for sure.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Add the $60 it'll take in gas to drive out there and poof! No money saved. : :pctoss

Yeah, but the eats are good and there's always the river to go relax at once the shopping day is done.

BigBeezie
09-24-2007, 02:00 PM
You can find some good deals. My wife bought a $1,000 rug for our house for about $200. It's really nice too...

My wife finds some good deals out there. She is pretty much a professional shopper though...

MoSpur
09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't find it worth the drive. You can catch really good deals here in the malls at times. That's just my opinion.

Mixability
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't find it worth the drive. You can catch really good deals here in the malls at times. That's just my opinion.

Yeah, but I'm sure she'd appreciate something different.

LuvBones
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
How far is the drive for you? I like going there.. there's a ton of shops and it is cheaper. It's also an excuse for me to see my boyfriend so maybe that's why I like it.

Melmart1
09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
It depends on what you are shopping for. Shoes are usually pretty cheap there, you can get good Nikes and Adidas for $20, sometimes less. If she likes fancier shoes there are other shoe outlets with cute heels and clogs, sandals etc pretty cheap as well. I buy way too many shoes there.

Places like Coach are nice, even if its only say 20-30% off retail, it adds up depending on how many handbags or wallets you buy. Plus you know its authentic, there are way too many knockoff out there.

Mixability
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
It depends on what you are shopping for. Shoes are usually pretty cheap there, you can get good Nikes and Adidas for $20, sometimes less. If she likes fancier shoes there are other shoe outlets with cute heels and clogs, sandals etc pretty cheap as well. I buy way too many shoes there.

Places like Coach are nice, even if its only say 20-30% off retail, it adds up depending on how many handbags or wallets you buy. Plus you know its authentic, there are way too many knockoff out there.

I promised her a new wardrobe, so I guess shoes would be included... :spin

She's a Dooney kind of girl, so I'm sure she'll find a bag. Hopefully I can sneak in a few purchases for me too. :dizzy

SpursWoman
09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I promised her a new wardrobe, so I guess shoes would be included... :spin

She's a Dooney kind of girl, so I'm sure she'll find a bag. Hopefully I can sneak in a few purchases for me too. :dizzy

I've bought a few D&B purses from the outlet there and got great deals.

Clothes are a crap-shoot, although if she's a not-too common size she could likely hit the jackpot.

DannyT
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
let me know how it goes and where you went, curious as to whats out there now
god luck...and if you do end up eating ramen...pick up some chicken flavor....

Sp Ginobili 20
09-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I went to Texas for summer vacation and my family and I ended up going shopping there. I was expecting to buy a lot of things cos they'd be cheaper so I brought a lot of money, but I only ended up with a Spurs shirt and an Adidas sweater. All together, I payed about 100.

jman3000
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
i went a couple years and like others didnt find the prices to be worth the drive.

Bigzax
09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
i always thought the discounts were from an Austin perspective...

J.T.
09-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I went to the Reebok outlet hoping to get a Colts hat, because I figured, hey, Reebok does all the NFL stuff, and they'll at least have hats for every team. I get there and they have a bunch of shit for teams like Philly, New Orleans, Chicago and Oakland. On the jerseys they've got a few popular ones like Manning, Brady, Bush, Urlacher, VY... but curiously the only Texas NFL gear they had was a Schaub jersey. No Colts hat... but zero Cowboys stuff and only that one jersey for the Texans. You'd think in Texas they'd want to stock shit that people actually want to buy. Not much Spurs or Mavs stuff either but I'm sure most of the old Reebok NBA stuff has been phased out by the company since the Adidas takeover.

Don't really see the appeal of the outlet mall. Any time I go there, there's usually an influx of people from the great country of Mexico, who suck at driving and slam the door on you when you're walking in the store right behind them. The Centerpoint Rd. area is good for two things, Bennigans at the outlet mall and Starbucks next to Centerpoint Station.

2Blonde
09-25-2007, 01:25 AM
I usually have pretty good luck there. There is a cosmetics store there that sells Lancome products dirt cheap. My daughter and I bought our foundation there last time and paid $6 a bottle for the kind that usually runs about $35. I stocked up. That alone made it worth the trip. I also love to shop at Chico's and Ann Taylor Loft outlet.
There are 2 sets of outlets there, Tanger and Prime outlets. go online and print out their store lists before you go and that way she can pick and choose.

Mixability
09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm sure we'll have a pretty good time regardless if we buy anything worthwhile. I'll be sure to print out the store list, just so we don't waste time trying to find stuff.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-25-2007, 10:48 AM
I went to the Reebok outlet hoping to get a Colts hat, because I figured, hey, Reebok does all the NFL stuff, and they'll at least have hats for every team. I get there and they have a bunch of shit for teams like Philly, New Orleans, Chicago and Oakland. On the jerseys they've got a few popular ones like Manning, Brady, Bush, Urlacher, VY... but curiously the only Texas NFL gear they had was a Schaub jersey. No Colts hat... but zero Cowboys stuff and only that one jersey for the Texans. You'd think in Texas they'd want to stock shit that people actually want to buy. Not much Spurs or Mavs stuff either but I'm sure most of the old Reebok NBA stuff has been phased out by the company since the Adidas takeover.

Don't really see the appeal of the outlet mall. Any time I go there, there's usually an influx of people from the great country of Mexico, who suck at driving and slam the door on you when you're walking in the store right behind them. The Centerpoint Rd. area is good for two things, Bennigans at the outlet mall and Starbucks next to Centerpoint Station.

You're forgetting Centerpoint Station, itself, as was the now-defunct Lone Star Cafe.

But seriously, I used to see a lot of Rockets stuff there. I think that store is probably getting what doesn't sell. Colts stuff would, Cowboys stuff would, Texans stuff would.

Mixability
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Are any of those discount cards that you can sign up for worth it? Would my fiance be able to sign up at the Outlet and get a card to use that day?

KEDA
10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I got to the Nike outlet about once a month, good for a couple pair every time I go.

Поповић
10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
The outlet stores offer deals to women who think they know what they are doing.

Mark in Austin
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I've had the best luck at the Nike ans Sony outlet stores. Watch out though - outlet stores have become a big enough portion of some companies sales that they make special lines specifically for the outlet stores that are inferior to what they sell in the normal stores - thinner fabrics, poor stiching, etc. Consumer Reports had an article on it a while back. Read the labels carefully to make sure you are getting the high quality goods. (Pottery Barn was one of the stores mentioned that does this. There were some apparel stores too, but I don't recall which ones.)